shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 11th Feb till 17th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

CJ, your fairy dust cropping totally did the trick, I begin student teaching on March 3. Now I know who to turn to when I want something to happen! HOORAY!!!!

Mara, keep resting and get better.

Monnie, sending dust your hubby''s way for his interview. I would have eaten them all too, Monnie. DH keeps snacks in the house that are not so great, but I just think of them as his and then I don''t touch them. But if mom sent carrot cake, it''d be all mine and all gone.

Skip, you may already be off and running, have a safe and wonderful trip.

PW, sorry yesterday was so messy.

Somethingshiny, my 26 month old nephew is totally obsessed with trucks, cars, and Cars the movie. His favorite is Mater. He asks to call my mom then sits on the phone and says "truck, Mater, car, dumptruck, love you, bye" and hands the phone back to my sister. So funny.

Stephanie, you should be in the process of moving, hope it''s going well.

In WWTer Wednesday Weigh In news I''m at 126.0 again. I''m certain that after my two upcoming trips I''ll have some work to do weight loss wise but I''m leaving tomorrow in a good place. I''m working 1/2 day today, packing, doing laundry, perhaps a long Skippy.

Have a good one.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I just wanted to throw in a couple reading recommendations...Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (he also wrote The Virgin Suicides)...I just finished it three nights ago and it was unexpectedly interesting and a great read. Also, I''m sure you''ve already read it but I''m throwing it out there anyway: Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen, and also The Complete Stories by Flannery O''Connor if you like southern gothic. I just received Jodi Picoult''s Harvesting the Heart and am currently about two chapters into it...have you read that one yet? It''s an older one...I''m sure you have.
35.gif

I think I will brave the harsh cold and snowy sidewalks today and take one of the doggies for a walk...the sun is shining soooo brightly and the snow on the ground is positively GLITTERING...I must take advantage of the cloudless skies and risk freezing my lungs for a bit!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 10:46:08 AM
Author: monarch64
Kimi, I just wanted to throw in a couple reading recommendations...Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (he also wrote The Virgin Suicides)...I just finished it three nights ago and it was unexpectedly interesting and a great read. Also, I''m sure you''ve already read it but I''m throwing it out there anyway: Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen, and also The Complete Stories by Flannery O''Connor if you like southern gothic. I just received Jodi Picoult''s Harvesting the Heart and am currently about two chapters into it...have you read that one yet? It''s an older one...I''m sure you have.
35.gif

I think I will brave the harsh cold and snowy sidewalks today and take one of the doggies for a walk...the sun is shining soooo brightly and the snow on the ground is positively GLITTERING...I must take advantage of the cloudless skies and risk freezing my lungs for a bit!
36.gif
Hi Monnie,

I read Middlesex and actually just told my sister I plan to reread it because I enjoyed it so much. Loved Water for Elephants, and everyone I know who read it did too. I read a bunch of Flannery O''Connor in college but it''s been a while, that book sounds very interesting. Jodi Picoult is not my fave author, I think I read one of her books a long time ago and it was a bit too saccharine for me. You and I have similar taste though, so I''ll check it out. I just finished The Sportswriter and am currently reading The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. Sharp Objects is another on my new list of faves, because it was a mystery that I actually enjoyed (I am not usually a mystery reader). Thanks for the tips.

Have a nice walk today. I''m on my way to get changed and jump on the elliptical before I need to shower for work.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
HAVE A GREAT TRIP, SKIPPY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The interview went fine yesterday, but I don't think I'm going to take the job. The company I'm freelancing for wants to bring me on at least half time, and it's a lot more interesting and fulfilling than what I would have been doing at the architecture firm. I'm also doing a little bit of freelance web design, so that should keep me busy for now. We're also both job searching in the Pacific Northwest right now, so I wouldn't want to take a job where I had to commit for 6 months and then leave them hanging halfway through because Kris or I got a job up North.

Monarch and Kimberly, I loved Middlesex! I just read it a couple of months ago and it was fantastic. I'm reading The Elegant Universe now--it's a bit heavy because it's all about string theory, but so fascinating. Good luck to your DH on his interview, Monarch!

Patiently_Waiting, I hope your bf feels better soon! Yay for being productive indoors.

Julianna, it's good you're driving slow in that weather--be safe!

Rod, good luck with your interview today!

Feel better, Mara!

CJ, yay for snow in New York! Thanks for the interview wishes.

Marcy, chicken and rice sounds yummy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
skip have a wonderful trip!!! we all wish we could stow away in your suitcases.

good news is i feel much better today!! still have odd sweats on and off but my HEAD feels so much better thankfully. i can sit up for longer now and my muscle aches and pains are almost gone. WHEW. should be in tip top shape for tomorrow. greg is home today as well so we''ll recuperate together. a friend in SF said that this flu swept her entire office 1-2 weeks ago in SF and we were just there on saturday so i feel like that is probably where i picked it up from as no one in our office was sick with flu recently. totally odd!

monnie and kimi, i was eyeballing water for elephants at the airport bookstore, glad to hear it was quite good. i picked up shopaholic and baby at the airport in soft cover and read that on one of my trips. i don''t know if i posted this here but on one of our previous trips i picked up Rhett Butler''s People which was written from Rhett''s point of view on his life and times and it was actually very good, authorized by the estate of Margaret Mitchell. oh and another fave from a trip this fall/winter was The Thirteenth Tale...i wish that this author had more out, but i think this is her first book. i hope she writes more.

monnie 1/2 a panini and chips can''t be that bad!! panera is sure a lot better than many choices you could have made.
pg hope your workout today goes well, hope you feel better as well...being sickly sure sucks.
kimi yay for work coming up!!
lp sounds like you are doing the right thing by not taking something ''just for right now'' but rather waiting for the right fit long term.

since my appetite is returning i had egg whites and 1/2 english muffin for breakkie. probably soup and toast for lunch. lots more sleep hopefully. have a great day all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 11:36:27 AM
Author: Mara

kimi yay for work coming up!!
This is actually more exciting than work, even though I don''t get paid; I have to complete a 12 week student teaching stint where I follow the lead of a master teacher and learn to run a classroom, two seminars are attached to it and then I''ll have earned my M.Ed., in late June. Thanks for the excitement, I am thrilled to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. This has been an administrative nightmare.

Just finished working out, now I need to get in the shower.

Have a good day!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara: I am so glad you are feeling better. I hope Greg feels better soon too. When you didn''t post yesterday, I knew the flu had hit you.

Monnie: Tons of good wishes coming your way for Mr. Monnie. Hope the interview is a super one and not a phony one.
27.gif

Rod: Best of luck on your interview too. I had to laugh when I read last nights post about the guy going BK. What a jerk.

Hi to everyone
36.gif

I''ll check back in later. My grandson is home today with the flu, so I am taking care of him.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lor: After you become ultra-buff-arms-lady, I fully expect you to fly out here and train me. I refuse to use the personal trainer service at the gym (I just know they''d make me do some embarrassing move that no human has ever attempted) and thus have no clue how to utilize either the machines or the free weights.

Hee! Tell you what Jules, I will lend you my trainer Hubby, he can be brutal and sneaky with upping the weights without telling me! But I would gladly fly out and give you some tips ( while we go Tabac Blond shopping....
27.gif
)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did 30 min on the elliptical today. Tomorrow is my first partner session with the personal trainer...I''m so nervous!

Mara, Get well soon to you and Greg

Kim, Congrats on the student teaching...June will be here before you know it.

Rod, Good luck today, I hope this isn''t another wild goose chase.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all. just another snowy workday here. steel cut oats for breakfast, tj''s creamy tomato and red pepper soup with cheese and crackers for lunch, and a clif z bar as an afternoon snack. not sure about dinner - there''s a new gourmet market that just opened a few blocks from me, so i may swing by and see if they have anything interesting. exercise will be biking at home.

i am happy about the decision to take a break from sweets - today when there was an email about brownies in the kitchen, it was easy to say "i don''t eat that" instead of bargaining with myself about how much i could have.

skippy, i will definitely be kayaking, yay!

marcy, the ipod is a must for me when working out, it makes the time go so much faster.

rod and mr. monnie, interview fairy dust headed your way.

kimberly, congrats on the student teaching. when i was in grad school all i wanted was to be DONE, so i know how you feel.

ladypirate, freelancing definitely sounds like the right option for the time being.

mara, glad you are feeling better.

appletini, i''m sure you''ll do great at your training session.

sorry if i missed anyone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I have been a bad excerciser. I got back from the conference on Sunday to find DH sick as a dog, so I didn''t go to the gym the last two days, and this morning I too succummed to the cold of the century! I haven''t been sick in almost 1.5 years and now I get a cold? Oh well... DH is recovering so now he can look after me!
31.gif
Foot rubs galore here I come!

I will get back on the wagon as soon as I am recovered. I am staying home and "working" (i.e., playing on PS) because I hate when people go to work sick and spread their germs!

DD
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 2:12:45 PM
Author: shortblonde
i am happy about the decision to take a break from sweets - today when there was an email about brownies in the kitchen, it was easy to say ''i don''t eat that'' instead of bargaining with myself about how much i could have.
Shortblond, I have a problem with sweets and I also find that having a "no go" rule is the only way I can keep on track... I tried other techniques, but like you, I have found that putting sweets on the forbidden list is the only way it works! Once in a while (like once a month) I let myself have something but it is a clear exception to a rule!

DD
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, have a WONDERFUL trip! Take lots of pictures and enjoy that yummy food!

Rod, good luck with the interview today! You''ll have to fill me in on Winter Park....I love to shop!

Kimi, yea for a good school!

apple, your veggie beef soup sounds yummy

Marcy, the waffles w/ peaches sound delish...I love peaches

CJ, yea for yoga! I need to find a class after we move.

SS, how old is your little guy? Mine is 3 and he loooves Cars too!

Mara, hope you''re feeling better and getting some rest today.

Monnie, hope your hubby''s interview goes well. I am going to have to look for that turtle chex mix, yum!

Julianna, drive safe in all the ice

PW, I always think of cleaning the house as a workout....it def. burns the calories!

Linda, hope your grandson feels better

Dreamer, feel better!

Hi, Lorelie, Ladypirate, shortblonde

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so upset. I am heavier than I have been for years and I feel so awful. I need motivation and I am hoping I can learn something about getting healthy from you lovely people.

I did pop into this thread a little while ago and I really wish I had stuck around.

I am sitting here, after a chocolate binge, with a really thumping heart and I feel like I am going to be sick. I know its going to do this to me but I don''t seem to be able to stop myself.

How disgusting
7.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Masie don''t be too hard on yourself! I have been there my sister and I know the lifelong battle that is "eating right & excercising!" You have made such an important first step my talking about the issue here. I know for me it is so hard to admit to myself and to others that I need to make positive changes in my life, but once you make a concrete plan of how you are going to change, you will feel so much better!

Are you feeling ready yet to take that first step and make a commitment to overhaul your eating and excercise habits? It can take a long time of thinking about it before the big day of commitment arrives... If you aren''t ready for that overhaul yet, even baby-steps commitments can be really helpful! Like thinking of a healthier food to substitute for chocolate when you feel that urge to binge (berries? Or air-pop popcorn?), or going for a short walk once a day. Or substituting whole wheat pasta and bread for white. Those little changes can make you feel so much better and make you feel IN CONTROL, which makes you feel so good! My DH and I started with excercise last Novemebr and made the commitment to do it 3x a week. Then in January we re-commited to eating better: no sweets, fried foods, white bread/flour, tonnes of veggies, whole grains, eating smaller portions, and eating 5 times a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner). We are all or nothing people (i.e., if it''s not nothing, it''s ALL
23.gif
), so we had to be strict right away, but everyone is different. Do you have someone who wants to start a new plan with you? Having an excercise and diet partner can make things so much easier. DH and I do it together and it is kinda fun...

Stick around and I''m sure lots of other people will have suggestions! There''s some ladies on here who have transformed themselves (marcyc is amazing!) and they have gooooood advice!

DD
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
maisie, self-loathing is not going to help you at all. you have to figure out if you are ready to make a change in your life, and if it stems from a POSITIVE FEELING rather than a negative, and until you are...you just flat out won''t. it''s too hard otherwise. i made my changes ''lifestyle changes'' which i have been working on for a few years now. it takes years to ingrain your bad eating habits, so why would it take just a few days or a month or 6 months to change them? it can take YEARS to undo the damage that we have done to our minds with years of unhealthy eating. people should realize that and be easier on themselves.

maisie, i also highly suggest reading ''intuitive eating'' which is this great book that addresses how people need to get back in touch with their bodies and what their bodies want and need rather than living by ''society''s rules for your body. and it also talks about how something like your post saying ''i''m disgusting'' will never help you at all, only hurt you. how are you supposed to untrain your body without the right tools? anyway hope you stick around, even just to lurk if you need to.

sb you wrote: "i am happy about the decision to take a break from sweets - today when there was an email about brownies in the kitchen, it was easy to say "i don''t eat that" instead of bargaining with myself about how much i could have."

haha yep girl that is why i decided to do the no sweets/desserts for lent. seriously...it is so much easier for me to have nothing than ''some'' or tell myself i can only have one. i actually feel LESS deprived when i have zero than one or two. isn''t that hilarious?

slept again for a few more hours after getting up this morning and i feel even better. still kind of sweaty from time to time but hopefully i''ll be golden for tomorrow. i''ve also managed to get a fair amount of work done today, yay. lunch was chicken noodle soup and a fiber toast, and a corner of greg''s TJ''s pizza. cuties for snack. have a great rest of the day all!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually quite like myself most of the time, I just don''t like the Shelley who has no self control where rubbishy foods are concerned.

I do feel that with support and advice I can lose weight. We have booked a holiday for October this year and I would love to wear a bikini or shorts.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 5:10:52 PM
Author: Maisie
I actually quite like myself most of the time, I just don''t like the Shelley who has no self control where rubbishy foods are concerned.

I do feel that with support and advice I can lose weight. We have booked a holiday for October this year and I would love to wear a bikini or shorts.
You can do it Maisie! That''s 8 months away, you can accomplish a lot in that period of time... even if you don''t wear a bikini (man, I''ve never worn one!
23.gif
), you will feel better for making positive changes in your life!

DD
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the vote of confidence DD!

I am trying to decide between one of those elliptical things, or a personal trainer who I would see once a week.

I can be trusted to work on my own so maybe not fork out on the trainer?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
unfortunately most of us have a part of us who we don''t like when we eat the wrong things. you just have to accept that part of yourself rather than be disgusted by it. it''s very hard to change something that ingrained in yourself.

this thread is a great place for support and advice, hope you stick around. as for elliptical vs personal trainer, most trainers will probably tell you that if you have a lot of weight to lose, you need to focus on two things. a better diet and cardio. you could have great muscles under all the fat but they won''t show up until cardio burns off the layers above it. so i''d say do cardio on your own if you know you will do it. i ended up doing all cardio to lose my 15-20 lbs and then i got with a personal trainer to start building muscle and i have been jazzed with the results. i put back on about 8 of those lbs that i got rid of but it''s muscle, i am still wearing the same clothes i was at 20 lbs lighter and now my body just looks more toned. i actually have a 4 pack which i am so jazzed about.

just made my first trip out of the house in 2.5 days...to the drugstore for some more soup, theraflu and airborne (pink grapefruit baby!!)...and then to the specialty candy store up the street from us which has been there since 1925. it''s mobbed around this time of year, they make everything inhouse and it''s so yummy. i got us some chocolate covered strawberries since tomorrow is my one ''free'' day from the ''no sweets'' thing...my neighbor and i decided when we did the pact that it would just be cruel to not allow any sweets on vday!!!...a few truffle packs for grandma and parents, and a bunch of dark chocolate covered marshmallow hearts for my coworkers.
2.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea Mara...glad you are giving yourself a free day tomorrow....that would be sad to not have any sweets on VDay. I am making flourless chocolate cake and putting chocolate dipped strawberries around it for decoration....the plan is to make the strawberries myself, but if they don''t turn out, we have a candy place like that that makes them so I might have to pick some up! Feel better!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Mara, I''m glad you''re feeling better! I find that sleeping through the first day after getting hit by the "flu truck" is the key.

Apple, I hope you enjoyed your training session.

Maisie, I feel like that sometimes too. I used to get angry with myself for eating more than my 6'' tall 200 pound fiance. I''m a foot shorter than him and half his weight but my stomach can fit a lot of food...haha. AND I was quite sedentary. I''ve never been disciplined enough to work out on my own. What works for me is to find classes that I like at the gym, or a personal trainer. Anyway, so get your butt out of your chair and give me 100 jumping jacks!
2.gif
We will be your cheerleaders.

So I went to sleep way too late last night and could not for the life of me, get up at 6AM. Good thing too because the weather outside was frightful. I would have melted before I got to class. Instead, I found out that there was actually another vinyasa yoga class at 5:30PM, which I was able to make. The class was more appropriate for beginners, but I still felt I got a good workout. Then I got on the elliptical for 30 minutes and burned about 350 calories.

I''m so proud of my coworker, the one I told you guys about before. She is really sticking to her weight management program and today she had a weigh in. She''s down 20 pounds and her clothes are looser! She often asks me for advice on what to eat, so that helps me keep on track. Just because I don''t want to be a bad example for her! And one of the nurses that I haven''t seen in a while told me today that I look like I''ve lost weight!!!! Hooray for me! That actually motivated me to work out extra hard at the gym.

Rod, how did your interview go?!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Just wanted to wish you an early Happy Valentine''s Day and a pleasant rest of the week. We leave early tomorrow (5:15) and will be home on Monday, late afternoon.

Welcome, Maise, so glad to have you join us!

I hope your interview went well, Rod.

Mara, rest and get better.

CJ, hooray for having someone recongize your progress.

~K

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to make this quick. We finally have a baby coming!! (my nephew) I read all the posts, but I''m sure I''ll forget to respond to all of them. Sorry in advance!

Sickees, Feel BETTER!
Have fun, Skippy!
Hope all of you with crappy weather stay safe.
Good luck for the upcoming interviews (and hopefully celebratory sushi)
Congrats to the new hirees!
Kimi, wish my little boy would start saying "love you!" We do get a lot of "car, truck, tractor, Pow, Vroom"
CJ, Namaste.
Steph, my little guy will be 2 on the 21st of this month. I wonder how long this fetish will last?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, everyone. I''m just getting started here with working out/shaping/toning, and I thought this thread might be good motivation. You guys all seem really motivated to make healthy choices part of your lifestyles.

I''ve always been very active. I used to take dance, ride horses, swim, and spend a lot of time outdoors walking and such in high school and college. I took advantage of gyms local to my college. But, since I''ve been married, my husband and I have moved to a new area. I haven''t investigated gyms (and I''m not sure a membership fits our budget). We exercise together by taking our dog on outings when it''s not cold, but nothing major. I think it''s just because we are so busy all the time. Anyway, the "newlywed nine" has found us. I mean, it''s mostly vanity pounds, but I am not happy about the fact that my many of my pants are too snug for my taste. I don''t want to loose a whole lot of weight really. However, I can''t really go out and buy a lot of new clothes at this juncture due to attempts to save money, so outgrowing mine is not an option, and I want to re sculpt and tone myself and feel worth of the beach.

We''ve started trying to make better diet choices. And we''re making a conscious effort to make time for exercise. We''re experimenting with using ground turkey in the place of beef. We''re trying to eat chicken and to cut back on pasta (which is no fun b/c it''s so darn easy to fix and so yummy!) and sadly, we''re cutting back on ice cream. I''ve been having a cup of hot chocolate (90 calories) instead of some other dream desert (infinite calories). HOPEFULLY these little changes will begin adding up soon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a wonderful and healthy day. We had pasta for supper so I added a little bit of wine – I was shy on calories for supper so I figured that would be good for a change.
Wednesday weigh in – 176.2. It’s up a little from last week but the rice we had last night seemed salty so I know it’s nothing.
Lorelei, it sounds like your pantsercises are really well rounded and designed to work every inch of your body. All right!
Rod, I hope your interview went well. I am pretty excited the TM is working out for me. My DH still wants me to be very cautious with it.
Julianna, that is awful to hear people are getting killed in accidents. Ice is so bad to drive on. That is cool you know where Pomfret is located. We went to visit his parents about 6 years ago – it was quite the culture shock for someone from Wyoming. I was so excited to see the ocean though.
PW, glad you went home early and made it home safely. It does sounds like a great day to stay home. I love waffles with strawberries or peaches so am glad they are good without the CW – not quite as yummy but still good.
Kimi, I am so excited to hear you’ll be starting your student teaching on the 3rd. Woo hoo!!! Congratulations for a great weigh in – have fun on your trip to NYC.
Monnie, I hope you got out for a lovely walk. I always enjoy the glittering snow on sunny days. It must remind me of diamonds. Ha Ha.
Ladypirate, sounds like a great plan to work part time for the company you are freelancing for while working on web designs.
Mara, I am glad you are feeling better.
Linda, I am sure you enjoyed spending time with your grandson. I hope he feels better.
Appletini, good luck with your trainer tomorrow.
Shortblonde, good for you passing on the brownies. They had some chocolate cupcakes at work today but I passed on them too. I plan on having a few treats tomorrow on Valentine’s Day so that is plenty. I really think the IPOD made my time on the TM go faster and I had fun singing along with my songs.
DD, I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the kind words about me.
Hi Steph. I hope your packing is going well.
Maisie, trust me I’ve been there too. Don’t be hard on yourself because just coming here and admitting it is a great start. I couldn’t believe the difference in my blood pressure and heart beat after I gave up chocolate and caffeine. You have to decide to change your lifestyle forever not just go on a short term diet that will end. What worked for me was to focus on changing myself so I could be healthier. Let’s face it – I was so unhealthy I was afraid of dying or even worse being in the hospital or nursing home for months. I found I had to first make up my mind what I was going to do and I started right then. I bought a scale and weigh / count the calories of every bite of food I eat. I try to eat 1200 – 1400 calories a day. Pick a small goal at first and don’t set a date. I started at 320 pounds so I shot for 300 pounds. If you have a bad day, or eat something you shouldn’t don’t beat your self up – just go right back on track at the very next meal. I don’t know or remember how much you want to loose but in my case I had to break it up in to small obtainable goals and made new ones as I went along. We are here for you and will try to help in anyway we can. You can make major changes in yourself before your trip in October.
CJ, yay for a coworker noticing you’ve lost weight. I am delighted to hear your other coworker has lost 20 pounds. That is nice of you to be setting a good example for her.
Well, take care and have a great Valentine’s Day tomorrow.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 9:59:32 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Kimi, wish my little boy would start saying ''love you!'' We do get a lot of ''car, truck, tractor, Pow, Vroom''
SS, the "love you" talk is usually reserved for my mom, his Noni. He thinks the sun rises and sets on her. This could have something to do with the fact that she spends every minute she''s with him playing (trucks, jump, train, walk, whatever his lil'' heart desires). The last time my mom babysat it was for a long period of time and when my sister and my mom met so he could go home (they live 5 hours apart) my sister put him in the car and said "Billy we''re going home now!" to which he replied "Noni''s?" and when she said no, our home he sighed and said "Oh no!!!" Now he asks to call Noni every day. So darn cute. I get to go spend time with him next week, Auntie K and Billy time and I am so darn excited. I love that boy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, yippee to your new nephew finally being born.
Welcome Fancy. It sounds like you and your DH are making wise choices in trying to eat healthier and work in some exercises. I have a dish of Dryer’s slow churned ice cream many evenings. It’s low fat and comes in many delicious flavors for only 100 to 150 calories per ½ cup. I would highly recommend it for a treat.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone.........

Yep, another "wild goose chase" (thanks Appletini!!) pretty much sums up my interview. It was a total waste of time. I put on my best suit and had to pay $6 for parking and I arrived the professional and appropriate 10 minutes early to an office that seemed absolutely dead. Pretty office to be sure. But there was no one there. The door was unlocked, but no one in reception. No phones ringing. No sounds. Nothing. So, I finally call out and say "Helllooooo" and this man finally says from the back, "is someone there??" So, I say yes and he saunters up and says can I help you. So I say I''m there for an interview and he says, oh yeah, that''s me. It just kind of went downhill from there. He kept me sitting in the conference room for a good 15 minutes before coming in to speak with me. Then he asks how I got his name. Hello?? He contacted me, not the other way around. And after about 25 minutes he says, well we don''t actually have any jobs open, I just thought it would be great to meet you since you have such a terrific background. And he concludes our delightful time together with a gee, if we did have a job, I sure think you''d be a great fit. I still don''t really know what they do. But I surely know I don''t think I''ll be part of whatever it is they do now or in the future. I''m telling you, it''s tough to be on the job market these days.........

After the ''uber'' fun interview, I came home, changed my clothes and headed immediately to the gym, where I took out a lot of frustration on a lot of weights and had a really good and productive workout. We missed last night because the weather was so bad, so I actually had two days rest, which sometimes leads to more productive workouts. I worked really hard and am sore, so I know I accomplished something. Of course I ended with 35 intense minutes on the elliptical.

Monnie, I hope your Hubby''s interview was a lot more productive than mine. I meant to tell you to give him my best when you wrote earlier that he had an interview today.

Mara, I''m glad you are feeling better and it''s good to know you get to enjoy Vday with sweets.

How terrific for you Kimberly that your assignment finally came through. I''m sure you''ll be a superstar!!

I''m glad your interview went well, but it sounds like you''re making the right decision LP!

Linda thanks for the good wishes as I trip through interview land. I hope your grandson feels better soon.

Thanks for the fairy dust SB, but as you saw above, I''ll need some for future interviews.

I''m sorry you''re sick Dreamer and I hope your hubby is doing better too. I too hadn''t been sick in over 2 years and I got a bad cold that after 3 weeks, I''m just now getting over.

Steph, Winter Park is simply charming. There''s a train station in the center and the boulevard is lined with these massive tree''s dripping with Spanish Moss. Both sides of the street are lined with cute shops and restaurants and once a year, in February, they have the Winter Park Art Festival, which is one of the best juried art festivals you''ll ever see. It''s been a long time since we were in Winter Park, so I hope it''s still as charming as it was.

Maise, welcome. I hope you find the inspiration here to help you accomplish whatever you''d like to accomplish. Just remember that we''re here for you, but YOU have to want it and you have to be willing to make the sacrifices to get there. If you''re not really accustomed to working out, I would recommend the trainer. During my Rebuild Rod campaign, the single best investment I made was to hire a really good personal trainer. He helped me in so many ways that will be with me for the rest of my life.

CJ, sorry the weather is frightful. I''m glad you enjoyed your yoga class this afternoon!

That''s about all I have for the day. I have a phone screen tomorrow with a company, but I know in advance they don''t have an opening. It''s just an exploratory conversation, so I have no expectations. I did hear that the company I met with last week is interested in setting up a second interview, so that''s at least some progress.

Sleep well everyone!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,

Things sure have changed since I used to go on job interviews. How can people be so stupid??? I am sorry, but that is how I feel.

This guy makes you get all dressed up (and I bet you looked so handsome too), doesn''t remember you at first, then he does then says he doesn''t have any jobs. What is up with people these days??????????????????? I just don''t get it.

I know your luck will change soon, as well as Charlie''s. Your time is just around the corner.

Sis Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results