shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 11th Feb till 17th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!

I was thinking of today's topic as I was telling somethingshiny about how I make and freeze my own bread, so I thought my new food freezing venture might come in handy!! I was noticing recently how my taste in food has changed, since I have been on this journey. I used to find that many convenience foods indeed were convenient for me, such as packet pastas etc, as they were quick and easy to make, and reasonably flavourful. However as time went on and I have been treating my body better in so many ways, these types of foods have really begun to taste unpleasant - especially since I quit smoking. Eating clean is now preferable to me, I will now almost always choose an omelette compared to a packet meal for example. It seems that now my body is telling me what is best for it, and finally I have begun to listen. So much so, that I have been making full use of my chest freezer recently! I take an afternoon and make a huge batch of ground beef into a basic sauce with tinned tomatoes, tom puree, garlic and onion etc, then freeze it in portions. This way I have spaghetti sauce in an instant, or I can defrost some, add chili powder and beans to make chili very easily instead. I use those plastic containers with lids which hold enough for 2 people.

I have done this with various meats to make stews and casseroles etc, and I also throw in a lot of veggies which means that I don't always have to do very much for dinner, unless we are having pasta or potatoes with it. I have found it a huge help as all I need to do some days is to grab something from the freezer and voila!. It is an excellent timesaver, and especially on this journey where having a nutritious meal readily available is such a help.

Being prepared is essential to avoid extreme hunger, which as we know is a slippery slope, and I have found that this has been a good thing to help avoid it, especially since Hubby and I have been working out of an evening, and I don't have time to stand in the kitchen of an evening to prepare food, now it is done and ready very quickly!

So I thought I would share how well this has worked for me and even if you don't have a lot of freezer space, a smaller batch wouldn't take up a lot of room and may come in very useful on days where you are just too tired or busy to cook!

Or for those of you who already do something like this, do you have any recipes or tips on freezing to share?

Have a great week
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone!

Lorelei, you are so spot on that your tastes really do change when you start eating the right way. When Adam and I first got married, neither one of us knew much about cooking, so we were making convenience type foods (think hamburger helper, etc). Now that we have become really handy in the kitchen and have found that we love to cook healty meals together, I couldn''t imagine eating that type of food anymore.
Well, 2 more weeks from today until the movers come. I have been so stressed lately trying to get everything ready for this move, but things are going pretty smoothly. The funny thing is that we had only a weekend to find a new house, and now I can even remember what the master bedroom, bathroom or any of the secondary bedrooms look like! I guess it will all be a surprise when we move in, haha! At least I remember everything was neutral colors, so nothing extreme. I am trying to be a little less stressed this week, as I have not been eating right the last few weeks. I am down a few pounds, but I know it is not in a healthy way. I am such a stress eater, but when I am totally stressed out, I can''t seem to eat much. Anyway, hope you all have a great week!

Marcy, I loved your story about your friend not realizing who you were and checking to see who your hubby was with! I had the same thing happen on our cruise that we went on with Adam''s company. This couple that we had been good friends with when they lived near us walked by and I said hey! really loudly and she just gave me the polite smile and nod and kept walking! Then she saw Adam with me and figured out it was me and came back over to talk. I could tell she totally didn''t recognize me! It is so funny, I guess b/c we see ourselves everyday, but I don''t feel like I look THAT different, but when things like that happen, it makes it really obvious that there was a major change!

Rod, sounds like you and Charlie had a great weekend. I hope you have a great week and have some luck on the job front. Keep us updated.

Skippy, when do you leave for your trip? How long are you going to be gone? I bet you can''t wait, I am soooo jealous! Please take lots of pics!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
good morning WWT!!! Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend! I had my make-up/hair trial this weekend for the wedding...very exciting. This weekend was kind of hectic, so other than some exercises at home, didn''t do much working out. But I did manage to go to the gym 4 times last week. Ate REALLY bad yesterday too.
8.gif
Pizza and wings...blah. But today I''ll get back on track.

Still haven''t seen much of a change, although I noticed this weekend that my saddlebags are gone...my thighs are a HUGE problem area for me. Always has been. So I was pleasantly surprised when I put on a pair of jeans on Saturday and notice right away how much leaner my legs looked! Yay for that
36.gif

But the scale hasn''t budged at all. In fact I went from 130.5 to 131.5 last week. bummer....I''m hoping it''s muscle though.

Ok enough of my babble....enjoy your week everyone!!! Keep up the good work!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, Isn''t it amazing how smoking changes our taste buds? I have come to enjoy food so much more now than I did as a smoker! And while veggies and fruits used to have no appeal, now I can''t imagine a day without them.

Steph, you really are moving fast, literally.

Mara, I was you with your naan at dinner last night with fries. My tummy hurts this morning. Otherwise the wine bistro was yummy.

I''m not sure if I''m working this morning. There haven''t been a lot of jobs lately.

Will check in later.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all!! It is FREEZING here today...last night it was nearly zero degrees with the wind chill, which makes it so hard to get out of bed and off to work today. This past weekend, bf and I did a late celebration of his birthday at a byob cajun restaurant - so yummy! It was a nice treat after a long hard week.

Thanks everyone for the helpful sweet tooth craving and weigh in tips! This week might be kind of tough, as today is my b-day. But since it’s a work day, most likely I will push any celebrations off until the weekend and try to be relatively good
12.gif
Tonight after work, I’ll be hitting the gym in preparation
2.gif
I did pretty well this weekend with balancing out the cardio (60 min of elliptical Fri/Sat/Sun) along with weight training. Here's to another great week for everyone!

Lorelei
– Great topic to open the week! Years ago, I was very good at the whole notion of being prepared. I would make large batches of soups, chili, and sauce and freeze them in smaller portions for easy access later on. I’ve gotten away from that lately and really need to start doing it again. Being prepared is key!!
Steph – Good luck with the move! Hope the stress isn't too bad
1.gif

Cdt1101 – Yeah for going to the gym 4 times last week! I’m sure that you are building up muscle. I try to avoid the scale for longer periods for just that reason – I get frustrated not seeing the scale budge much or even worse, budging up a few lbs when I feel I’ve done everything right. What’s most important is how you feel and how your clothes fit – and yeah for noticing a difference in your jeans!
Mara – Mmmmm….dim sum AND Indian food – some of my favs! I’m not giving up anything for lent as I am not Catholic, but if I were, I would have to make it chocolate (should be a challenge, right?)
2.gif
Is anyone giving up anything for lent?
Skippy – No snow yet, but it is FREEZING today! Maybe snow tomorrow, cross fingers
2.gif
Oooh – I just read you are going to Paris! Have a wonderful time and bring back photos!
Shortblonde – Enjoy the Costa Rica vacation!! And dance class sounds like a blast.
Marcyc – Been thinking about new bling, but haven’t really decided on anything yet. Thanks for the b-day wishes. I agree with Linda – you are truly an inspiration to me and many others here with all you’ve done – keep up the great work!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, great info, I write the dates on my containers on a piece of masking tape (easy to remove) so I throw out the old stuff, yanno (you probably already do this).
1.gif
I love to freeze stews and soups! I have not tried freezing bread; I should try that, thankies!

Steph, I leave Wed and back in March. I am excited but feel like I have a million things to do before I leave. The housesitter is coming over today so I can tell her a few things (she is a good friend and has house sat in the past). When are you moved in? Or the end of the month?

CDT, how exciting to be doing make up/hair trial! You will do better, one day of bad isn't so bad. Yay for leaner legs!

Kimberly, hope you get to sub this week; have fun in NYC!!!! When do you leave? How exciting a new baby!

Rod, glad you and Charlie had a good workout. hehe to the 2 breakfasts, I love breakfast but don't indulge too often. I am sure you burned all those cals off w/your uber workout!!

Marcy, how wonderful your friend was nervous about hubby's new girlfriend. hehee I bet she was excited you are the new girlfriend, how cute is that!!! hehe

PatientlyWaiting, Happy Birthday
emcake.gif
Hope your day is wonderful!!!!
36.gif

LadyP, your hike sounds wonderful and beautiful!!!

Shortblonde, have fun in Costa Rica!!!!!!

Yesterday the baby shower was fun and my cousin looks great; she is just belly. They are waiting till the birth to find out if it is a girl or boy. I don't think I could wait; I am too impatient!!!

I think Tuesday will be my only workout (muscle hour). I have lots to do this week; today my house sitter (friend) is coming over to show her a few things w/our house; I also will run to get my allergy shots too. Wed morning will be my last post. hehee Have a great day all
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Patiently Waiting! Enjoy!

Rod...you guys have had a bad run lately, it''s okay to feel sad about what has happened, but I agree with picking yourself up and carrying on as best you can. What doesn''t kill us makes us stronger. Hang in there...good karma is headed your way!
Kimi...yeah I am still scarred from Friday''s naan adventure. I had a few bites of some leftover naan on Saturday with some leftover chicken and was like akkk no more. Greg giggled.

Okay so I have decided to give up sweets/desserts for Lent.
6.gif
Yeah I am still shocked myself. hehehe. I''m starting today...so it''s Lent minus about 5 days but that''s okay. It''s still 35 long #*!& days. I don''t know if I can do it but I will try. Oh and VDay gets a pass because seriously that''s just wrong to not be able to enjoy anything sweet on the day of sweets hehee. But I will try to limit myself to something like ONE choco strawberry and share a dessert with Greg at dinner.

It will be REALLY hard for me to do this, and I''m not even sure I can. I got so many negative responses from people when I mentioned I was thinking about it. But my neighbor said she would do it with me. So that is when I was like well hmmm...we can try to help each other stay on track hehe.

Plus as we all know I love love love my sweets and I have gotten a WEE BIT out of control lately with them in my opinion. I feel like this is a way to get back on track with eating more of the right stuff and not writing a donut into the day when I don''t need to have one. Also in the last 2-3 weeks what with all this travel and busy life stuff, I feel like I am kind of bloated and yucky so I really want to get back to super lean status. I noticed on Friday that I have a FOUR PACK in the mornings and I am so excited about it, so I don''t want it to get covered under donut and cupcake fat! Plus let''s see if I can turn it into a SIX PACK in 35 days. hehee.

Greg thinks that me trying to do this is hilarious...he''s excited because he knows I won''t be eating desserts that he brings home to the house!

So this wkd was kind of a wash...Saturday I ate rather lightly thanks to the naan explosion...then we went to dinner in SF and had some amazing tacos and mexican food at this place with a bday party, and the zinger was that the gal brought cupcakes in leiu of bday cake. AMAZING CUPCAKES. Seriously these are some of the best I have ever had. And there were leftovers so we shared 2 and then brought THREE HOME. Yes. Three. What was I thinking? I DONT KNOW. I meant to bring two but unbenownst to me, Greg had a third one and it felt so wrong to just toss it out. Anyway, I ate all three of them yesterday, they were so good.

And that is kind of what also contributed to me going okay yes I should do this Lent thing. Because three cupcakes is just not cool. That''s at least 900-1000 cals in cupcakes. And yes it was good but is it really worth 1000 extra cals packing itself onto my abs and bootay? Nope. Totally not. So let''s see what kind of self control I really have here. I am allowed things like fage with berries, and honey on my english muffin (a tiny bit) and a tiny bit of natural jam and things like that. But no chocolate, no donuts, no ice cream, no cupcakes, cookies, cakes, candy. I *may* bend the rules slightly and allow myself the fresh natural tart yogurt with fresh fruit 2x a week because I flat out love and it''s actually pretty healthy. I''m not doing no sugar at all like a low glycemic thing, but rather more like no big desserts which is where I get derailed.

Anyhow, there''s my update!! I have trainer tonite, and I wish we had another weekend day but other than that, things are good. Hope everyone is enjoying a good Monday!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning! Dinner last night was delicious, but I ate too much. It was pozole and cuban food--ropa vieja, black beans, and rice. I entered it all into spark people, though, and while I did go over my calories, I also burned a ton hiking and climbing yesterday, so it''s all good. Today I''m going to try to go for a run and then I have a ton of stuff to do.

Lorelei, I love this week''s topic! Kris and I have been really getting into making big batches of food and freezing portions. We started off with chicken broth (because we make our own, and it''s easy to freeze), and have moved on to chicken breasts, pesto and enchilada sauce. We like to do it in pre-measured portions in ziploc freezer bags (especially for liquids) because they don''t take up very much space and you can stack them easily. The day before we''re going to use them, we throw them in the fridge to defrost. It sounds like bread is a good thing to do it with as well--we go through a lot of it, so making several loaves and then freezing them seems like a good idea for us.

Steph, I''m glad the move is going smoothly. It sounds like you''re really prepared!

cdt1101, pizza and wings sounds pretty tasty to me! I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly.
9.gif
Congratulations on your hair and makeup trial--when is the wedding?

Kimberly, I hope some work comes up soon.

Happy Birthday, Patiently_Waiting!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It''s neat that you and your bf have birthdays so close together. I love byob restaurants (or more accurately, byow restaurants!) and cajun food sounds yummy.

Skippy, good idea on the dates! Since we do ziploc bags, we could probably just write it directly on there. That''s neat that your cousin is waiting to find out about the baby--when is she due? My cousin is having a baby next month (which reminds me--I need to finish the quilt I''m making for her!!!)

Mara, good for you for giving up sweets for lent! I did something similar once and it was tough, but I felt good at the end of it. I think that fresh fruit and yogurt should definitely be exempted from the list, though--they are good and healthy!

OK, I''m going to see about going on this run. I''ve found that I really need to do it in the morning or I won''t do it at all. Happy Monday, all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 12:01:33 PM
Author: ladypirate

Skippy, good idea on the dates! Since we do ziploc bags, we could probably just write it directly on there. That's neat that your cousin is waiting to find out about the baby--when is she due? My cousin is having a baby next month (which reminds me--I need to finish the quilt I'm making for her!!!)
Ladypirate, the baby is due March 7th. I want to see pictures of the quilt; I totally wish I could quilt and what a Special gift!!!!
3.gif
Please post pics here if you get a chance! Enjoy your run!

Mara, whoo hooo for giving up sweets!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! My business trip went well and I made some good connections, but now it''s back to the grindstone! Only got one good day of excercise while away (3 mile fast-paced walk), but that''s better than nothing!

Lorelei, I totally hear what you are saying! While I was away I ate some treats for the first time in over a month, and I found them too sweet! Unheard of! And I noticed I couldn''t eat as much! Good things, for sure.

When I got back my DH told me I looked much smaller... haha... I am no where near my goal, but I guess I should celebrate small changes!

DH is sick and can''t go to the gym, so I am going to try to drag myself out tonight by myself.

DD
35.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
ladypirate - I did enjoy the pizza and wings
11.gif
...although I''m paying for it today, I feel like a gained 5 lbs on each thigh. The wedding is in 4 months! So excited. I posted some pics over in the brides section if you wanna take a looksie on how everything turned out w/ the trial.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my TBT class today and it was intense, so intense I started having second thoughts about starting with the PT, but it really just reinforced that I need a PT to help push myself and get in better shape.

I love freezing soups, I''ve been out for a few weeks and DH has a meeting tomorrow night so I''m solo for dinner, thanks for posting about this, but it just remided me I need to do that, so now I have an activity and dinner for tomorrow.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Freezing here. My son and I were running errands yesterday and I forgot my coat. (I DON''T turn around once I''m on the road!) You may be asking "how cold was it?" Right around zero with a windchill of 20 below. "well, then, how did you ''forget'' your coat?" See, I don''t wear a coat until it gets in the single digits. I just hate them. So, I usually keep my coat in the back seat of my vehicle. I assumed it was in there, but alas, I had removed it and hung it properly the last time I wore it. This wouldn''t have been so bad except I had to park really far away from the store. I had my little one all bundled up with a blanket over him and was carrying him close to me so he didn''t freeze. Somehow, my sweater slid off my shoulder and I ended up with what can only be described as "freezer-burn" on about 3" circle on my shoulder. (It''s not frostbite) It seems to have already started healing, although it''s really weird textured and tender.

Lorelei Great post! I make large batches and freeze, too. I freeze spag sauce, chili (which is no where neat my spaghetti, it''s an entirely separate entity), and cookies (frozen by the dozen which greatly reduces how many we eat). This was really convenient when I had my son. I had tons of food stocked in the freezer so all DH had to do was heat it up. (I do write dates on everything in my freezer) I also get my meat in bulk (we butcher) and I freeze them in portioned packs. I''ve never been a processed foods person. They''ve never tasted good to me (except mac&cheese).

Steph I hope you''re pleasantly surprised with the new house!

CDT Yay for great fitting jeans!! When is your wedding?

Kimi and Lorelei Yay for non-smoking tastebuds!!

PW HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (sorry, I don''t have any of those cute emoties
7.gif
)

Mara I used to give things up for lent (I''m not Catholic, though). My mom made us when we were kids. The first thing I remember giving up was jelly. (at about 8 yrs old). Boy, that peanut butter was dry!! I gave up chocolate when I was older. Then on Easter day, I totally caved and ate what must have been POUNDS of it. I also gave up my Diet Dew once. I should have never started on it again....

Skippy I am SOO excited for you!! good thinking on those allergy shots. That would sure suck up a vacation without them!!

DD Yay for DH checking you out!
2.gif

appletini What is TBT and PT?

Have a great day, all!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny,

TBT = Total Body Traning, its the exercise class I got to on Mondays its a combo of cardio and weights

PT = Personal Trainer

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara: Which restaurant did you go to in SF for Mexican Food??? I LOVE Mexican food. I could eat it 7 days a week.
9.gif
. So you are giving up sweets, huh lady? Well, this I have to see. ha ha ha ha ha.

Skippy: I am so excited for you leaving on your trip Wednesday. Did you learn a few words of French? I learned a few words of German before we left for Germany and Austria, but that language is so hard.
6.gif

I know you will have a fabulous time.

YAY I lost another pound. Just haven''t been really hungry lately, no other reason I guess.

Rod and Charlie: I think about you a lot and I know things will turn around for you both soon. Bad things happen, before the good. At least that is what my parents always told me.

Hi to everyone else.
35.gif

Linda

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
argh, i went to zumba tonight only to have the instructor not show up.
29.gif
it was supposed to be a substitute since our regular instructor is on vacation, but i guess she forgot. it wouldn''t be so bad if it wasn''t bitterly cold here - it''s a real chore to go outside.

so i came home, ate dinner, and i guess i will go downstairs and bike in a bit.

lorelei, i freeze quite a bit too. although right now i am in the process of eating though some of the stuff in the freezer, rather than restocking!

mara, i will be interested to observe your dessert detox. sometimes i want to do one too! (but i''d have to do it in summer so i could have lots of good cheap fruit in the meantime!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

wah!!! i came home early because i have horrible chills and body aches. the flu, oh no. i just took echinacea, airborne, and zinc and have the house at 77 and 3 blankets on me. so sad. i really hope i can kick this because as much as i like staying home, i shouldn''t be, i have a ton to do. at least i have my work laptop.

hehe thanks for the well wishes on my dessert lent detox. i think i will be okay for the most part. it might get hard after a week or two but i have done 2 weeks before so i know i can do at least 2 weeks. also, being able to have tart yogurt and natural yogurt and fruit and all that will help a ton. clementines are SO sweet right now, i ate 3 today for a snack and they are only 25 cals each.

linda, we went to Mamacita in SF for this bday party. it''s like a mexican tapas place, FAB mini tacos ...soft tortillas. mahi mahi, prawn, carne asada, chicken. lots of great options. it''s totally a ''trendy'' place to be in the Marina. but yummy food.

anyway back to drinking my hot tea and huddling under the blanket. please send me good get well wishes!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no Mara, theraflu, my sister has the flu bad too!!! I guess it is sticking around long.
8.gif
Sending get well vibes; take care honey!
12.gif

Shortblonde, when do you go to Costa Rica??? bummer about class.

Linda, I do not know French. Last time I was in Paris I told this place that sold food an ice cream I wanted ice cream. They didn't know what the heck I was saying so I pretened I had an Ice cream cone in my hand and I was licking. hehee They got it after that.
2.gif
I do have a phrase book so it helps some and I tell hubby to do the talking. hehe Yay for your lb lost
36.gif

Apple, yay for TBT!

Dreamer, good for getting the walk in!

Somethingshiny, stay warm, yikes to no coat, so sorry! I hope it warms up soon!!!

Well I was lazy and bought these naughty chicken salad croissants for us for dinner from Costco!
11.gif
I love getting my allergy shots; they nurses are so cute. If I ever want a sample the doctor is nice and gets me a sample. I lent them a book I was reading and they were so happy to borrow it; I have been going there for 13 yrs, they feel like old friends (not really shots)!hehe I am looking forward to muscle hour tomorrow!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Evening All!

Skippy, what baby are you congratulating me on? I''m certainly not pregnant.
32.gif

Mara, I hope you feel better soon!

Something Shiny, that''s too cold for no coat, I''d have been back in my driveway in a flash!

Glad TBT was good, apple.

I ended up subbing in a reading recovery program today, it was interesting. Then came home and made Oreo''s on Crack, they must be mailed tomorrow to my sister/BIL and parents for V-Day.

J is making chicky for dinner, chicken, swiss chard and salad. I''m thinking a walk sounds good, aftier I finish making V-Day cards.

Have a great rest of your evening all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 8:16:10 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Skippy, what baby are you congratulating me on? I'm certainly not pregnant.
32.gif
This post, I guess I got confused and thought your nephew was a new baby, but I guess I got it wrong, sorry.

Date: 2/10/2008 11:11:54 AM

Skippy, the suitcase sounds like a perfect place for me! We're going to NYC this week and next week I'm going to spend some time at my sister's with my nephew, so I think I'll pass this time, as great as I think you are. Next time it'll be all a'board though!
K

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 8:27:15 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 2/11/2008 8:16:10 PM

Skippy, what baby are you congratulating me on? I''m certainly not pregnant.
32.gif
This post, I guess I got confused and thought your nephew was a new baby, but I guess I got it wrong, sorry.

Date: 2/10/2008 11:11:54 AM

Skippy, the suitcase sounds like a perfect place for me! We''re going to NYC this week and next week I''m going to spend some time at my sister''s with my nephew, so I think I''ll pass this time, as great as I think you are. Next time it''ll be all a''board though!
K
I knew there must have been some confusion somewhere, Skip! I think my DH would keel over if I were pregnant! ha ha ha Don''t apologize, it''s funny!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, feel better!!! I'm sending you healthy wishes. And cheers to giving up sweets for Lent. I know it'll be tough...I'm not a sweets person and I can't imagine giving up sweets for that long!!! But you can do it. It'll be nice to look back and say, wow...I don't NEED the sweets.

PatientlyWaiting, Happy Birthday! It's freezing here too...brrrrrrrr!!

Oh no Steph!! Make sure to eat. If you're not giving your body enough nutrients, you may be more prone to getting sick. I know you've got nice weather where you are, but still. It's flu and cold season. You don't want to get sick now, with the move and all.

cdt, 4 times last week at the gym! That's awesome! And goodbye to saddlebags!

Kimberly, I know you're a teacher, but how does the job thing work? I remember you said you still have more training or exams to take? And um, what exactly are Oreos on Crack?

Skippy, that's so nice your friend is house sitting. I'm so excited about your trip...haha. I almost feel like I should start packing.

LP, hiking and climbing sounds fantastic. I wish I could go for a good hike. NOT in this weather though! I sometimes use sparkpeople...it's a hassle to enter all my calories though. It takes so much time! How do you like it?

Dreamer, definitely celebrate the little steps! Heck, I celebrate when I can get myself to the gym!

Appletini, I went to a TBC class today for the first time!! Same thing...Total Body Conditioning. And I wanted to comment on having a PT. I noticed today that my PT sessions really helped me go a LOT further. Many of the people in the TBC class were regulars and when it came time to do a 1 minute plank, I looked around and noticed I was the only person in a straight plank position, and not shaking. Then we did tricep pushups, and I also saw I was the only one in the class of 25 doing full pushups (everyone else was on their knees, in half pushup position). I was like, "what?!" I was just SO shocked that I was the ONLY one. The individual attention to body position really is important, and you rarely get that from a class. The fact that I felt so strong in the class made me really happy! In December I felt so out of shape. And today after the class, I'm patting myself on the back!!

SS, I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder! My face and legs were totally numb this morning walking to the bus.

Linda, yay for the pound lost! Even though you're not hungry lately, are you still eating regularly?

SB, poo for the absent zumba teacher!

Lorelei, so glad you brought up this topic! Convenience is big for me. I freeze bread slices too! I froze beef stew for the first time recently, but I reheated one and the potatoes and carrots were just ICK!! The rest of the stew was fantastic though. I don't know why potatoes and carrots don't freeze well. I also like to buy chicken breast, cut it up into thin slices (or small chunks). I measure into even portions on the food scale and then put them into marked ziploc bags and then into the freezer. I make veggie quiche cups in HUGE batches and then freeze two to a ziploc bag. The recipe is in the first Healthier Recipes thread. I also freeze sliced up bananas in ziploc bags, great as a sweet snack or to throw into smoothies (no need for ice or yogurt or ice cream because the bananas are cold, thick and sweet!).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!
35.gif
I hope everyone had a great day.
Lorelei, great opening and something that sure hits home with me. The point that I was nodding my head at was being prepared is so important to avoid making bad choices. I do try to make extra on things like browning hamburger, cooking chicken, or lasagna so I can freeze it and have it ready for some future meal. Especially during the week I want quick meals to fix for supper. My food tastes have definitely changed and I think the more we stay away from greasy or high calorie food the less appealing it becomes. Which is a good thing.
Steph, that is funny someone on the cruise didn’t recognize you. We know we are the same person so it is always kind of amazing when someone doesn’t recognize us. I am sure you’ll still love your house when you move in. These few weeks will zip by for you. Take the time to relax some too.
CD, yay for a trail run on your hair and makeup. I’ll go check out your pictures. Yippee for great fitting jeans – that sounds like major progress to me.
Kimi, I’ve even got my DH to eat more fruits. He’s not a fan of them but does eat them without comment now. I love fresh fruit but this time of year it’s hard to find in Wyoming. Yay for an interesting sub assignment today. What is Oreo’s on crack?
PW, I hope you had a great Birthday today!!! Good plan to save the splurging till the weekend. Thank you for the kind words about me. I truly appreciate it.
Skippy, wow you are leaving really soon. I am so excited for you; I am sure your trip will be marvelous. My friend was pretty funny; she sure was looking suspicious at first. We’ll miss your posts while you are gone.
Mara, yay for giving up sweets for 35 days – and absolutely V-Day’s doesn’t count. I plan on having some bubbly and sweets that night. Sounds like Greg is excited to get the desserts all to himself. Tee hee. I hope you nipped your flu in the bud and it won’t get too bad. Take lots of naps.
Ladypirate, I hope you had a nice run this morning. I want to see your quilt too.
DD, good for you finding treats too sweet and not being able to eat as much. I hope you had a great workout at the gym tonight.
Appletini, yay for a great class today.
Somethingshiny, I am cold and getting colder reading about your walk in to the store. I hope you freezer-burn heals quickly.
Linda, yay for loosing another pound. Woo hoo!
Shortblonde, sorry to hear about the no show for class tonight. I hear you on going out in miserably cold weather.
CJ, yay for going great in your class today.
Take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone,

I had a much more relaxed day and did my best not to feel the pressures that face us these days. I slept in a bit. Met Charlie for lunch, then had two, count-em - two cups of coffee at Sbucks under the oak as it was just the most beautiful day one could imagine. Then, we did our normal Monday thing and met for Sushi, Fro-Yo and a cup of coffee. We''re home with a kitty glued to our shoulder. Sakai is a bit more clingy since her sister''s gone. She''s eating fine and drinking too, which is a big relief to us.

Lorelei, good opening as usual. I''m afraid we''re not cook ahead guys, so making healthy foods and putting them in the freezer just isn''t us, but we do eat VERY healthy as you know. And yes, since quitting the evil weed, foods certainly do taste differently. One thing I notice is that I used to salt everything when I was a smoker. Now, I find almost all foods have enough salt naturally.

Mara, I hope you don''t get a full blown flu. Don''t you get a flu shot? I''m a big big believer in the flu shot and get one every October. Full blown flu is just awful to say the least. Also, good luck on the giving up dessert for Lent. That is a BIG sacrifice for you. I''m not Catholic, so Rod doesn''t have to give up anything........

Skippy, I hope you''re getting ready for the trip to Paris! We''re surely going to miss you while you''re gone. I''m glad you got your allergy shots before going. I remember the drug stores in Paris were really different than our stores. You can just walk in and get an anitbiotic without a prescription, which I thought was simply amazing. Anyway, I''m surely going to miss you while your gone!

Steph, I''m sorry the move is stressing you out. Moving is never easy. You need to take care of yourself and not let is get to you. I''m much like you on the stress eating front. A little stress and I eat a lot. A lot of stress and I don''t want to eat at all. I''m afriad I''ve had to force myself to eat lately, which is one of the reasons I''m sure I caught a cold a couple weeks ago.

I guarantee it''s muscle cdt. If your ''bags'' are gone and your weight has gone up, you''ve added muscle and burned fat. GOOD FOR YOU!!

Happy Happy Birthday Patiently Waiting!! I hope you had a fabulous day for sure!!

Yay for looking smaller Dreamer!! I hope your DH is feeling better soon.

Hey Sis!! Thanks for thinking about us Linda!! One way or another, we''re going to be OK and make it through this.

Bummer that the substitue instructor didn''t show up SB. I would have been aggravated too.

I''m curious too.......Kimbery, what are Oreo''s on Crack???????

CJ, GOOD FOR YOU being the only one who could do a full minute plank and full pushups in your CDT class. Having a PT push our butts really does make a huge difference. It surely did for me and Charlie.

Sleep well everyone. See you tomorrow.........

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Enough is enough! I''ve had it with the bleepity bleeping not working out [I''m channeling Samuel L. Jackson in Snakes on a Plane here].

So I''m going to do my light workout tomorrow. Didn''t happen this weekend, and tonight was parent teacher conferences. So the plan is wake up at 5:45 and workout and then vote in the primary and then go to work. After work DH and I are going to a cooking class that a wholesaler invited him to (supposed to be a perk). It''s fancy French food with wine pairings.

I think I''m on the road to recovery. I''m sluggish, not my old self, but I don''t think it''s that I''m still sick and need to rest. I think it''s just that I need to work back up to where I was before. The light workout is a good test since it doesn''t involve heavy weights or the intensity of running.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 8:55:13 PM
Author: CrownJewel

Kimberly, I know you're a teacher, but how does the job thing work? I remember you said you still have more training or exams to take? And um, what exactly are Oreos on Crack?
CJ, I am in the process of earning my master's in education and work as a substitute teacher while doing so. Because I'm a sub I have to wait for calls to come in requesting a guest teacher at a school. I have been unofficially adopted by a school as their go-to sub for their ASD (autism spectrum disorder) special day classes, I am there at least once a week. But my credential will be in elementary ed. so I am trying to do more work in that area to gain experience and knowledge. I have cpmpleted all of my coursework except a 12 week student teaching stint and the seminars that are paired with it (I'm waiting, impatiently, for the admin at my school to find me a supervisor) and them I will be done. So in the mean time I do a lot of wandering. Once I earn my credential I will, hopefully, have my own classroom. I expect I'll sub for at least one more school year, 2008/9, because teaching jobs in my area are few and far between.

Oreos on Crack=Oreos mashed up and mixed with cream cheese then formed into balls, refridgerated and dipped into melted white chocolate with sprinkles on top. I managed to make 45 and only eat 1. My neighbor, who taught me to make them, aptly named them. They're seriously evil if you have a sweet tooth, and I do. Which is why they are packaged to be shipped, not just sitting on my counter.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone!

Not too much to report here. I did eat well today. Had some almond-crusted mahi mahi from whole foods for dinner and I had grapes for dessert while Adam and Andrew had chocolate cake
12.gif
. Didn't get a workout in today unless you coun't shopping as a workout.

cdt, way to go on looking good in your jeans! Don't worry about the pound, I'm sure it's muscle or water weight.

Patiently, Happy Birthday! Stay warm!

Skippy, I'm always running around like a crazy woman before trips. I bet you are so excited. The movers are packing us up the 25th and then delivering to our new house the 27th. I went to Costco today too. The chicken salad sounds yummy!

Mara, good luck with giving up sweets and sending you feel better vibes!

ladypirate, I am the same way...if I don't run in the morning, I don't want to do it later.

dreamer, woohoo to the hubby noticing your progress.

Somethingshiny, you are making me cold just by reading your story!

Shortblonde, sorry about your workout
8.gif

CJ, thanks for the reminder to eat well. I know I feel yucky if I don't fuel myself up! Hmm, frozen bananas for smoothies sound so good! Might have to try that one.

Hi, appletini, Linda and Marcy
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, sounds like a good day. 2 cups of coffee? Hope you can sleep! I would be up all night with that! Glad Sakai is doing okay.

Phoneix, glad you are starting to feel better.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad you slept in today. That is always a nice treat. I am sure Sakai enjoys your company right now (and vice versa). Yay for a beautiful day and two cups of Starbucks under the oak tree.
Phoenix, I sure hope you are the road to recovery. You have been sick for quite a while. A light workout might just perk you up.
Kimi, Oreos on crack sound quite yummy. I think I felt my right hip expand just thinking about them.
Steph, yay for choosing grapes over chocolate cake. They are quite tasty.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, keep leaving people out....

Kimi, your Oreos on crack sound divine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results