shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 11th Feb till 17th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yoga was a wash today. DS just wouldn't let me do it. He kept taking the positions to mean new climbing expeditions. But, it was fun, so no worries. Sure would be great to have a Tivo. But, I really hate the idea of paying any more on cable. I'm going shopping tomorrow (which may sound like fun to some, but I have to have a support system). I'll be looking for a pair of trouser jeans. Unfortunately, I have to drive 45 mins just to have two stores in which to shop. Most of our stores don't carry plus size, at least not in anything you'd want to wear. It's irritating because I'm right on that line of missy-plus size. Misses are tight on my butt, plus are loose on my waist. Arrggh! The agony. I really need a personal shopper.

appletini Thanks for the jargon definitions! All I could figure for PT was "physical therapy", and the closest thing I had to TBT "total b*tch training", and I was pretty sure you weren't going for either of those things
2.gif

shortblonde Completely irritated that the instructor didn't show up. Obviously, I get the wasted trip in the cold...

Mara Feel better soon! I do think that yogurt and fruit will be very helpful in giving up the sweets. Just wondering, are you giving up sugar, too? Like on your cereal, tea, coffee, etc??

Skippy I bet you made that vendor's day when you mimed eating ice cream!
23.gif

Kimi You don't understand the no turning around thing. It's like an obsession. We used to take frequent road trip hundreds of miles away. If I left something, I'd be darned if I was going to turn around and get it. We went on a weekend trip and I forgot my makeup. I had some powder and a lipstick in my purse. I bought a mascara and called it good. Those Oreos sound fantastic!!

CJ Wow on the one minute plank!! And, straight legged push-ups! I only have about five of those in me before I go to "girl" push-ups. Ick to numbing cold.

PHX Good luck with your workout!

Hi, Linda, Marcy, Rod, and Steph!

Have a great tomorrow!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ: Thank for thinking of me. yes, I am still eating even though I am not very hungry.

Marcy: Thinking of you and how are you?

Skippy: Can you take Rick and I with you and your hubby??? Tee Hee. We took our little language book to Germany and Austria with us too. If I didn''t understand anything, I would point to the phrase. They liked that and we had some good laughs about it. It is funny, even though we didn''t speak the language and some didn''t speak English, we still communicated through a little book and laughed with eachother. We had so much fun. Can''t wait to do it again.

We will miss you when you are gone. Be sure to post some wonderful pictures when you return. I know you will.

Linda

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Haha...I am feeling very motherly. I want to make sure everyone is eating!!! Sorry about that, Linda and Steph. You are both adults! My friends make fun of me for doing that, esp I''m the youngest one among them. When I have had too much to drink, the motherliness is amplified 500%. I''ve "drunk called" friends before to make sure they are safe, even if I have no reason to think they are not safe.

Rod, I''m glad you were able to have a more relaxed day. Your Monday/Friday sushi, fro-yo, coffee routine sounds heavenly. Sometimes when I''m feeling depressed, I turn to my instant-perk-me-up treats like sushi and coffee. Even if it''s a fleeting moment, it''s nice to really focus on whatever it is. Haha...even when I''m ridiculously deliriously happy, I can easily focus on and appreciate how yummmmmmmmmy a sushi meal is. I''m a sushi fiend. Can''t explain it.

Kimberly, at last...I understand! I hope you''re matched with a supervisor soon! And by the way...since they''re already packaged, send one of those Oreos on Crack to me. I have such a weakness for Oreos!!

Steph, in my twisted mind, shopping is definitely a form of exercise. Aren''t you tired when you get home from shopping? Yes. See? That means you had a good workout.

SS, good luck on your quest for trouser jeans! Just go for the misses size. As long as blood circulation is not affected, jeans tight on the butt are good!

Phoenix, good to hear you are feeling a little better.

Re: the plank...my PT started me with just 30 second planks. I think we did two in our first session. Then we worked up to doing 10 sets of 30 second planks with toe extensions and 15 seconds rest in between. By the end of my 6 weeks with her, I was up to doing 1 minute 45 seconds straight, which I guess doesn''t sound like a whole lot but it was a big improvement from where I started! And I don''t think I would''ve gotten there without a trainer! Money well spent, I think.

Funny, I thought someone mentioned omelets in their post, and that inspired my dinner. It was just me tonight, FI had a school dinner event. So I made an onion omelet. With a little bit of long grain rice and a big portion of steamed broccoli on the side. I can''t find the post now, but thanks to whoever it was!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Oreos on Crack for everyone! I''ll get on it.

Somethingshiny, I get not wanting to turn around for makeup; I left my straightening iron at my mom and dad''s over the weekend, realized it 20 minutes into my trip home and didn''t go back. But a coat, in - weather? NO WAY!!! I''m a CA chicken.

Steph, you didn''t leave me out, don''t be silly!

CJ, I''ll send you OOC if you send me some supervisor fairy dust. This madness has been going on since Oct. and if I don''t start student teaching before Mar. 10 I won''t be able to complete my session this school year. It''s been making me crazy.

Linda, I hope you know how to fold yourself up tight, Skippy has already promised to pack me.

I''m working in a 5th grade today. Need to make a grocery list for J to get us dinner stuff.

Have a great day all!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, WWTers. Don''t have time to write much--I have a job interview this morning! It''s just for a 3-6 month temp office manager job at a local architecture firm, so I''m a bit overqualified, but it pays pretty well and will give me something to do while I continue to job search.

Yesterday was good--ended up running late for a meeting, so I didn''t have time to actually run (darn!), but I did situps, pushups, etc. in the evening with Kris, so it wasn''t a total wash. We had leftover enchiladas for dinner and watched last week''s episode of House, which was fun.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Ahoy, everyone, from cold, miserable northern Maryland. It snowed last night so I missed my first 5:20 AM appointment with the Treddy of Doom. Perhaps I shall make it up tomorrow morning *sigh*. It is supposed to start sleeting at noon and continue with sleet and freezing rain until 10:00. YAY! I HATE WINTER!

Anyway, yoga was good on Sunday. I still have weak little stick arms, but that''s what I bloody get for taking a year off. So whenever I have to wuss out of down dog into child''s pose, I tell myself to just deal with it!
38.gif

CJewel: I luuuuurve me some sushi, too, and there''s hardly any good sushi around here. Just reading about it makes me want some edamame, california rolls, and squid salad. Yums.

Rod: Job or no job, you sound like you''re having a fairly good time.
1.gif
Very sorry to hear about your lovely cat.
emrose.gif

mara: Good luck with Lent! Glad I don''t have to do that, I''d be horrible at it. You can do it, though. You seem to be a person who gets junk done when she sets her mind to it.
5.gif

pirate: Mmmmm...cuban....*drool* I love me some black beans and rice. Perhaps with some pork in there.

Skippies: Have a great vacation, you lucky thing, you. I don''t speak French either. I''ve been to Paris once and all I really remember is that the food was excellent.
9.gif

Hey Lor! Hey marcy! Hey everyone else!
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone
35.gif

LadyPirate, good luck on your job interview.

Mara: How are you feeling this morning?? I hope you don''t have full blown flu, it is nasty stuff.

Skippy: I have been thinking of you sweetie. You are so lucky. You will be leaving tomorrow for your wonderful trip. What will the weather be like in Paris and Spain??? Think of me when you and your hubby are eating all of that WONDERFUL AND DELICIOUS FOOD. Tee hee.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Jules and everyone!

We did our new weight routine on Sunday night, but the new plan is ( I think) upper body Mondays and Wednesdays, lower body on Thursdays and Fridays. It went well and I could really feel it in my shoulders and back, so we will see what happens with the first lower body workout. My upper body is my weak area so that is what will need the most work!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all. My house sitter friend knows not to overwater the plants (we have light beige carpet). hehee I laugh at myself being a bad housesitter because when I house sat for a VP in my early 20's I overwatered their plants in was bad and they had light carpet
40.gif
and felt so bad. Tonight is muscle hour. I printed notes I have made and gathered all my guidebooks; I sort of have a game plan. . . I am w/Linda, as long as there is cheese, fresh bread and chocolate I am set.
2.gif
I hope the walking offsets the eating. I will check in tomorrow morning. The weather is great out here
emhot.gif
by the way and it will be rainy out there; I will just pretend I am in Gene Kelly's movie "Singing in the Rain".

Linda, you and Rick are welcome to come w/me! You and your sweet should take a trip soon and I promise I will post pics. You are doing awesome on your weight loss! Paris is suppose to be rainy and Barcelona warm (hopefully no rain), thanks!

Lorelei, yay for your weights routine, kudos!

Kimi, have fun w/the 5th graders; I bet they are happy to have you as their teacher!!

CrownJewel, the men at work would tease me they should start calling me mom, I got the hint. hehee I am very motherly; I always want to make sure people are okay. I think it is because I am the 1st born but I think I am getting better and I try to catch myself. Hehehe I don't think you are motherly; are you the 1st born? Yay for planks!

Rod, your sushi sounds wonderful; I am glad you are feeling a bit more zen. Wow, 2 cups, were you tap dancing?!? hehe I am totally tap dancing when I have lots of caffine.

Somethingshiny, you are so bad
11.gif
I didn't get it until an hour after I read your post.
12.gif
Hubby didn't let you use the tv? Is yoga on tv? Sorry I don't know the acronyms (sort of in the stone age here). hehe

Julianna good to see you and glad you enjoyed your yoga. I wish I had stick arms versus log arms. hehe

Ladypirate, best wishes today!!!!

Steph, you will be in your house before you know it, yay!!! What did you get hubby for Vday?

Marcy, ahh, you are a darling!!! I will try and read posts from time to time (not sure if I will have internet or not). You are doing fab!!!

Mara, hope you are feeling better. How are you feelin today? I hope it isn't the flu.
12.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif
Well, we''re finally getting some snow today (yeah!), although it won''t be a lot and will turn to freezing rain in a bit
38.gif
. Yesterday was kind of low key - just work & the gym, then off to play nurse to SO (he''s sick with the flu
7.gif
).

cdt1101 - Loved the make-up/hair trial photos - you look fabulous!
Skippy - Thanks for the birthday wishes! Have a great trip!
Mara - Wow, great job on giving up sweets for Lent! I know that''s what I would try to give up but it takes such restraint. I know you will do great! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Hope you feel better - nasty flu
38.gif

ladypirate - Your dinner sounds super yummy! I haven''t had Cuban food for the longest time. I love the BYOW places too. I polished off a whole bottle of wine by myself
11.gif
Luckily the place was within walking distance! And thanks for the birthday wishes!
dreamer_dachsie - Hurrah for small changes! Keep up the good work!
somethingshiny - Thanks for the birthday wishes! I can''t believe you don''t wear a coat until it''s single digits - brrrr!!!
LindaW - Congrats on losing another pound!!
KimberlyH - Enjoy your dinner - chicken & swiss chard - yummy!!
CrownJewel - Thanks for the birthday wishes! Great job with the PT & TBC class! (Stay warm!)
marcyc- Hey there! Have a great week and keep up the great work! And thanks for the birthday wishes!
Rod - Glad to hear you had a relaxing day
1.gif
, and thank you for the birthday wishes!
steph - Mmmm your almond crusted mahi-mahi sounds fantastic! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Hi everyone else!
35.gif
Have a great day!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
PW, OH NO, I missed your birthday????? Hope it was a wonderful day.

Linda

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hi all! not too much to report today. it is snowing again and i am getting sick of it! i''m headed to the gym after work to do the elliptical and maybe a little bit of running. so far today i''ve had a pumpkin bran muffin and small latte for breakfast, lemon soup and salad with baguette for lunch, and half a balance bar as a pre-gym snack. spaghetti squash for dinner, yum!

i think i''ve also decided (after eating about 1/3 donut at a meeting this afternoon!) that i am going to give up sweets for the next few weeks leading up to my trip. there has just been so much junk at work lately and i feel like i''m indulging in it a bit too often, aka daily. plus, i find that the sugar leaves me hungrier and wanting more food - i have been so munchy and unsatisfied the past few evenings. i''m hoping that reducing the sugary goods will cut down on that feeling.

skippy, have a GREAT time on your trip! i''ve still got a few weeks before we leave for costa rica.

pw, happy belated birthday! i must have missed that in your previous posts.

mara, hope you are not too sick today...

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Linda & shortblonde for the birthday wishes!

shortblonde - Sorry to hear about all your snow
7.gif
Today, I am over here happy that we were finally getting a dusting of snow (it's been a mild winter here). It's since turned to sleet & freezing rain
14.gif
. Yeah for giving up the sweets! I need to be more disciplined there - eating sugar definitely causes the cravings and munchies more, I find. Enjoy the spaghetti squash - yummy!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Not too much to report here today. Just still running around trying to get things ready for the move. I can''t wait to get back into my routine. I just have so much going on right now. I am making a yummy dinner tonight....we picked up a mojo pork tenderloin and I''m making green beans with almonds and 2% shells and cheese to go with it. Hope everyone had a great day!

Skippy, I ended up getting him a nice shirt and a Bobby Flay cookbook since he loooves grilling and he always watches his show on food network. I am also cooking his favorite meal of lasagna (the healthy version) and a flourless chocolate cake with chocolate dipped strawberries. I''ve never made that cake before, so I might have a back-up just in case it doesn''t turn out!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh Oh, Mara hasn''t been on all day. I hope she didn''t come down with a nasty case of the flu.

8.gif
14.gif

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening everyone........

Really not much to report for the day. Did the usual job search stuff in the morning, then met Charlie for lunch. I had a meeting with a guy this afternoon who found my resume and wanted to meet with me. Turns out he''s a realtor, who''s starving right now and thought it would be "cool" if I helped him open a staffing company. Of course he was also hoping I would help fund the new company and somewhere during the conversation he mentions he''s about to BK? I had no clue what that meant so I asked if BK was good or bad and he says....."depends on your perspective?" So I had to just ask what BK meant and he said Bankrupt. OK., let''s see....I should invest in a business with a guy who''s not making it in real estate and is going to file for bankruptcy any minute. Like.......NO. Then, the weather turned really really ugly and we''re under tornado warnings, so on my way home, I picked up a free range chicken, some veggies and called Charlie and suggested we just have a nice home cooked meal tonight. So, we just finished dinner and are staying in tonight. We may even pop some popcorn and just enjoy a night off from everything.

I have an interview tomorrow afternoon, with a real company, but don''t have a clue what they''re bringing me in to talk about. Me thinks this job search is going to be a loooong affair, and I have to just not obsess about it.

Skippy.........I hope you have the most fabulous trip ever!! We''re certainly going to miss you around here while you''re gone.

ladypirate, I hope the interview went well!!

Sorry about the snow Julianna. I''m from the D.C., area and February can be a looong cold and snowy month in MD. I hated the cold and snow so much and that''s why we moved to Florida a long time ago. Stay warm and safe.

I''m glad you''re still doing the weights Lorelei!!

I hope you enjoyed your snow PW. Rod doesn''t do snow!!

Sorry about the snow on your end SB. Spring''s not too far away!

I hope all''s going well with the move preparations Steph. Moving can be such a pain in the............ Soon, you''ll be all settled in your beautiful new home in Oviedo and spending your weekends shopping in Winter Park!!

I hope everyone had a nice Tuesday.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
G''evening All!

Skippy, I''m gonna miss you but I hope you have an amazing time!! Eat lots of cheese for me. The class I subbed in today was my best subbing experience ever. The kids are in this great program that includes extended school hours and 3 weeks of summer school. They were so fantastic, and smart! It was awesome. It''s the first time I''ve gone to a school and thought: if I had a child I would want him or her to attend this school and be part of this program.

PW, happy birthday! So sorry I missed it earlier!

Mara, hope you''re curled up on the couch getting better.

Rod, you had quite an adventure today!

I am wiped out. J is making dinner as we need to clean out the fridge before leaving town on Thursday, we''ll be gone for the better part of 1.5 weeks so we need to get things squared away here.

Have a great evening all.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
No working out for me today. I''m a new hire mentor at work, so today I took my mentee out for lunch so we could talk about things were going with him--he''s just so positive and excited about everything, its so refreshing!

I am finallly making my big pot of veggie beef soup so after tonight I''ll have a fully stocked freezer.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. I was really hungry today so I had a graham cracker about 4 p.m. and a few almonds while cooking supper. No, I didn’t really bust the bank on extra calories but that is abnormal for me. I made chicken and rice for supper and that really filled me up so maybe I’ll be fine the rest of today. For breakfast I tried a waffle with some peaches. I missed the cool whip but I decided the CW is not worth the calories.
Somethingshiny, have fun shopping and good luck finding some great clothes to wear.
Linda, thank you so much for thinking of me. I am doing great and I hope you are too. I posted a new profile image on sparkpeople and quite of few of the members on my teams told me I sure look happy. That was nice to hear. It sounds like you had a great time on your trip to Germany and Austria; some things are just universal and laughing is always fun.
CJ, it’s not a bad thing to care about your friends. It sounds like your money was well spent on a trainer.
Kimi, I will be anxiously watching my mail for my Oreo on crack. The school you subbed at today sounds great. It sounds like you’ll be having a nice trip to NYC – have fun.
Ladypirate, good luck on your temp job interview.
Julianna, my husband grew up in Pomfret, Maryland. Have you ever heard of it? I see you are getting a nice snow storm there tonight.
Lorelei, yay for starting workouts outs on new parts of the body. That program sounds like a good and thorough workout.
Skippy, I will miss you but have a GREAT and safe trip. Your menu sounds great – I could live on that food selection too. LOL at “singing in the rain”.
PW, be careful if your snow turns to ice – that can be so nasty.
Shortblonde, I hear you on being sick of snow. This is one of the worst winters I can remember. Good plan to give up sweets. I wonder if my waffle this morning is what made me hungry all day. Interesting to think about.
Steph, your dinner, strawberries and cake sounds great.
Rod, what an odd interview. Sounds like he looking for a sucker. Holy cow – that is very strange. I heard you were having tornado warnings there. Good plan to have a nice home cooked meal for supper. Chicken is always good. Good luck with your interview tomorrow.
Mara, I hope you didn’t get a bad case of the flu. Take care and get better.
Appletini, I am wearing a thick fleece top and I am chilly right now so your homemade soup sounds really good to me. Yummy.
Well, take care and have a great evening.
35.gif
I am going to go walk on the treddie now.

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friends! I bought a Susan Isaac book to read on the plane, I visited w/neighbors and ran errands. I went to muscle hour tonight w/lots and lots of lunges and squats. HAPPY VALENTINE'S Day all
emlove.gif
I will miss you guys and I am sure I will need to get back on track when I get back. I hope I am not too nutty (food wise) and get lots of walking in. We have a bike ride of the city scheduled for 3 1/2 hrs (I hope my booty doesn't hurt). hehe Hugs and I will lurk when I have an internet connection (if I get a chance). Thanks for all the good wishes, you guys are the BEST Group!!!!

CrownJewel, I forgot to tell you in my post that you are welcome to come w/us; i would love to have you along. hehe The more the merrier!

PW, yay for snow! Sorry your guy is sick, hope he gets better soon and kudos to you for the workout!!!

Lorelei, I will be on your side of the pond, yay! hehe

SomethingShiny, I hope you all are safe and warm.

LadyP, how was the interview; I sent good interview vibes your way!

Hey sweet Miss Linda!

Shortblonde, if I don't see you before your trip have a wonderful time in Costa Rica.
3.gif
I heard it is quite amazing; will you be kayaking? Enjoy the great weather, beaches and beautiful rainforests!
9.gif

Steph, happy moving and can't wait to hear about the house when I get back!!! You will have to posts pics! Your vday gifts sound great; I love getting my hubby clothes and cooking gear. hehe

Mara, sending healing get well vibes your way sweetie!!!!!
12.gif

Rod, thanks a bunch, I will miss you guys! I can't wait to post pics; I am hoping it isn't too rainy though. Wow, how nutty is that guy, geez?!?!?! Can't blame a guy for trying, but STILL! I hope you all are safe!!! Sending good vibes out to you tomorrow!!

Kimi, sweetie, I can see all kids loving you! Glad you had a fantastic class; how fun to work w/great minds who love to absorb info, yay! Thank you for the good wishes and I will miss you too. Any chance you will be in Chicago May 27-30th (I will be out there, yay)?? Have a wonderful time in NYC!!!
3.gif

Appletini, hope you get some workouts in when you get a chance. Cool to being a mentor; I bet you are a great one!!!

Marcy, sweetie great job on not busting the bank. I think I might of went over today, eek, oh well. Yum to peaches! Have you seen that movie; it is super duper silly
3.gif

35.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
weeeeeeeeeee! We got snow today! It's so pretty!

Skippy, hurry back ok? I will miss you lots. I feel like if I were to actually tag along on your LOVE trip, I would truly enjoy traveling with you and your DH...you're just that kind of wonderful. :) Oh, and I'm not the firstborn. I'm the middle child of three. But I am the first daughter, which in old Chinese culture means that I am responsible for everything!

Kimberly, I'm definitely dusting you with lots of supervisor fairy dust. Freshly ground supervisor fairy dust, for maximum effect. With a little sprinkle of cayenne pepper too, in hopes that you get a fun supervisor. March 10th? Pshaw. This fairy dust I'm using is powerful stuff, you'll be matched in no time.
36.gif
I am glad to hear the 5th grade class went well today! So you're going on vacation too?!

LP, I used to work as an intern architect! I miss it! I hope you have fun. Architects are a fun bunch of people. How did the interview go? Good for you in substituting the situps and pushups for a run.

Oh my dear Julianna...come on up to NYC, I'll take you out for good sushi. And we'll go for a yoga class too. My arms are prob'ly weaker than yours. We'll fall together.

Lorelei, what did you do for your new weights routine? I'm always looking for new ideas.

Marcy, I love having raw almonds as a snack. Unsalted, unroasted...just raw. So tasty! Your waffles and peaches sound fantastic. How's the treadmill treating you these days? I wish I had one in my apartment. But if I did, it would take up the ENTIRE apartmentt...that's NYC living for you.

Hi PW. I guess I'm getting the same exact weather as you! Have fun at the gym!

Rod, haha...I'm sorry you had to deal with that "fake" interview today. That just stinks. It makes for a good story though!! I may have to join you in making popcorn tonight. Good luck with the real interview tomorrow!

Hi apple, Mara (how are you feeling?!), steph, Linda, SB and everyone else!!!

I decided to take the day off from working out because I stayed late at work again. FI is out playing dodgeball (ha!) with his business school team. So cute. I am feeling sore today from the class last night. I'm making bets with myself whether or not I will wake up at 6AM to go to a yoga class tomorrow morning. It'll be tough convincing my sleepy self to walk 1/2 a mile in the dark, in the snow to a yoga class. But...it's the only yoga class all day tomorrow. SO I MUST!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all. I have had a fairly lucrative day of shopping. I actually found 2 prs of pants (dress and jeans), and three shirts. Also, grabbed some cute stuff for my little one''s bday. He''s completely into Cars right now (the Disney movie), so I found a remote control Lightning McQueen (who he calls POW), a T-shirt with the same character that has real lights on it, and some Cars underpants (for the potty training). His birthday party is all Cars, too. No yoga today (yes, Skippy, my yoga is a television program that comes on at 11:30 am daily. I wish I could go to a class, but in this area, they are few and far between.) Ate crap all day. Fast food for lunch, birthday cake (my sis''s super-scrumptious 3-layer chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and shaved chocolate) for supper.

I will try to catch up on the posts tomorrow.

I hope you all had a good day and an even better tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy it sounds like you are all prepared for the long plane trip to Spain. I am sure all the walking you’ll be doing will counter any extra calories you eat. Besides it’s your vacation – enjoy. I haven’t seen the movie but I’ve heard it’s entertaining.
CJ. Yay for pretty snow. I buy a jar of the dry roasted, unsalted almonds and keep them for a snack when I’m really hungry. I usually only eat about 6 of them at a time. As a matter of fact if I hadn’t already brushed and flossed I’d be eating a few right now. I am starving again. I have been hungry all day. Rats. I walked 25 minutes on the TM tonight and burned 110 calories. I used my IPOD this time and was singing along while I was walking. So far so good – my knees and feet are a little sore but seem to recover okay overnight. It is nice to have the TM in the house. My DH wanted one about 6 years ago to get in shape for walking when he plays golf. His golf buddy wants to ride all the time so the TM has mostly been in the way in our spare bedroom. Now I’m putting it to good use though. I hope you make it to yoga tomorrow.
Somethingshiny, yay for finding some clothes and great Cars things for your little one. I’ve watched part of that movie – it was pretty good.
Well, since I’m starving and yawning I think I’ll head to bed.
Laters,
Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening wwters!

this is the first time i have logged onto PS all day. i was seriously down for the count with this flu. by an hour after coming home i had a fever of 100.4 and by bedtime it was 101.5. i was alternating between horrible chills, aches, pains and super hot feel like i'm going to die..it was so bad. i have not been that sick in YEARS. it was all i could do to lay still but it didn't help. my leg and butt muscles in particular were SO painful...they STILL are tonite even after everything else has mostly subsided. i slept intermittently all night which didn't help..and then finally at 5am i fell asleep and slept til 11am. got up for an hour and then slept again for 2-3 hours. and then up an hour again and then slept for another 3 hours. and literally i am ready for sleep again!! i feel a bit better every time i wake up. finally showered...been taking airborne like no one's business.

on the plus side, because i don't really have much of an appetite...sweets are the last thing on my mind ! all i ate all day til dinner was egg whites, toast, chicken soup and english muffin. dinner i had a TJ's mini pizza and 3 cuties.

greg is coming down with it as well but he seems better than me so that's good. i'm staying home tomorrow so hopefully by thurs i'll feel ready to go back. i still have a headache and it's hard to sit up for longer than 30 minutes. obviously i haven't worked out at all, cancelled my trainer yesterday.

thanks so much for all the well wishes! rod we don't get the flu shot because we really don't ever get the flu! literally this year is the first that we have had the flu in years!! we didnt even have theraflu or anything in the house, all we have is sinus and head cold stuff which is what we typically get. also it seems like so many people who get it say it doesn't do anything so we just never did it before. maybe next year!

somethingshiny...i actually don't put sugar on my cereal, in my coffee or in my tea. i cut it out about 2 years ago in my tea and coffee but haven't done it on cereal in years. sugar for me is just so flat out useless in it's natural form. i do have a tsp honey on my toast though in the mornings, i love that form of sugar. this giving up is more like 'dessert sweets'...so like chocolate, candy, cakes, cupcakes, donuts, souffles, cookies, etc. i'm still out on whether or not it allows for something like whole wheat blueberry pancakes, surely that's healthy right? hehee.

anyhow time for bed AGAIN. its a good thing i like my bed hahaha.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in quick to send some get well wishes to Mara!!! Oh my goodness, you poor thing...I hope you feel better soon. Having the flu sucks, I'm sure we can all atest to that. At least we don't have to tell you to take good care of yourself, as you are quite adept at that...but still, I feel so bad for you, dear! Here's hoping you sleep better tonight and make a speedy recovery, and that Greg doesn't suffer as much as you already have.

Well, since I'm already posting I might as well add in some info about myself...I helped DH shovel snow again this evening, and before that I did an Exercise TV workout for 18 minutes. We had Panera for dinner...I had half of a portabello mushroom panini and some chips, and I'm saving the other half for lunch tomorrow. I'd been craving a good sandwich kind of meal for the past few days and it really hit the spot. I didn't bother looking up the nutrition info online...it was probably not the healthiest choice I've ever made but it sure was good.

DH has a job interview Thursday...it could be b.s. or it could be something lucrative...all I got from him was that Warren Buffet is a shareholder in the company so that can't be too bad, right? LOL, don't answer that! Anyway, he's feeling better about the whole situation and I'm happy for him that he is getting back into the swing of things with an interview. In my experience, once you get that ball rolling things start moving quickly and you're back to the grind sooner than you think. Rod, your interviewer sounded too weird!!! I can certainly empathize...I've had several dead ends occur in the past two weeks as far as getting b.s. calls or emails from prospective employers, they have all turned out to be almost scams or things I'm not even really qualified to do. I like the fact that employers can see my resume online, but I hate that ANYONE can call or email me and make it seem like they have the perfect job for me when in reality it's not even close. I'm still thinking about you every day and keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and Charlie. Maybe when DH and I and you and Charlie all have secured employment again, DH and I will take a celebratory trip to the Tampa area and toast you with a sake and Sapporo!!!
2.gif

Skippy, Hope you have a fabulous trip...we will surely miss you but I'm happy for you that you get to travel with your beloved hubby! I can't wait to see pics when you return, you always post such good ones!

Greetings to everyone else...I hope this post finds you warm and well!
35.gif

ETA: oh, and I meant to add that my mother sent me a Valentine's Day care package (as she has done every year for the past 12) and included a bag of Chex Mix Turtle which is basically Chex Mix coated with caramel and full of chocolate bits, etc. I ate the whole entire bag between yesterday and tonight...that is why I never keep things like that in our house!!! I don't even venture down that aisle in the supermarket...holy cow... still can't believe I ate the whole thing!
6.gif
I would say it was better than the heart shaped box of chocs she normally sends...but I never ate an entire box of those so it was actually worse! Oh well...
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning WWT''rs.

BON VOYAGE SKIPPY!

Mara, get better soon - tell Greg as well.

Monnie, the Turtle Chex Mix sounds divine. It reminds me of Puppy Chow which I can easily down an entire bag. It''s yummy. Good luck to your DH on his interview.

I must wake up my DH now.

Have a great day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara - I hope you and Greg feel better, it definitely sounds like flu, take care of yourself.

Oui, bon voyage cherie Skipperoonies!
35.gif

CJ, the exercises for upper body are tricep kickbacks, rows, bicep curls, barbell curls etc. I will have to copy out the list of exercises sometime to post.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick morning checkin..........

Mara, I hope you feel better soon and I hope Greg doesn''t get the full blown flu. I do highly recommend the flu shot next year.

Monnie, it''s frightening how many scam "opportunities" are out there. It would be terrific when we''re all employed for you and hubby to come to Tampa and celebrate with us! Sake, Sapporo, Sushi, Fro-Yo and Coffee under the oak. It will be a date!!

Yay for continuing to use the TD Marcy!!

I''ll check in later tonight and let you know how the interview goes. It could be absolutely nothing too as they never described a position, just scheduled me to meet their managing director. At least the company seems to be in my field of expertise. That''s somewhat encouraging.

Have a great day everyone!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. So last night it rained/sleeted. All night. And since it was only, eh, 25 degrees, now the whole world is a sheet of ice. People are getting in fatal crashes left and right, but not me! I drove really slow!
32.gif
It''s still raining. Wonder if I''ll get home. Wonder if they''ll ever lift the ice storm warning. Needless to say, I missed my make-up run today.

marcy: I do know where Pomfret is, it''s about an hour and a half south of here. I''ve lived in quite a few places in MD but never have lived that far south. I like southern Maryland though, people there are slightly nicer than up here.

CrownJ: How''s the weather up there? Let''s meet in....oh, Fort Lauderdale. We''ll yoga up a storm there. On the beach. With icy cold beverages and palm trees all around. Bet I could maintain a mean plank in Florida.
4.gif
Let me know if you got to yoga this morning. If so, I bow to your extreme dedication.

sshiny: WOOT shopping! I am trying not to shop any more until my Express card is paid off. This might be a while.

monnie: My mom sends me packages for Valentine''s day every year, too.
1.gif
I can count on some heart-shaped cookies again this year, I hope!

lor: After you become ultra-buff-arms-lady, I fully expect you to fly out here and train me. I refuse to use the personal trainer service at the gym (I just know they''d make me do some embarrassing move that no human has ever attempted) and thus have no clue how to utilize either the machines or the free weights.
19.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone! Yesterday turned out to be quite messy. We started out with light snow throughout the day and ended up with sleet & freezing rain for the better part of the evening. I ended up leaving work early to make it home before the real "fun" began, which turned out to be perfect timing. The roads were a mess - accidents abound. I decided to skip the gym and do some cleaning up around the house - better than no exercise I suppose (and productive too). DBF is still down with the flu - hopefully he''ll be feeling back to his normal self in the next day or so. Today is an icky day - heavy rain and flooding. It''s a good day to be indoors.

Skippy - Have a GREAT trip!! We''ll miss you around here!
Rod - Good luck with your interview today! I enjoyed the snow - until it turned icy. Then I just enjoyed that frmo the comforts of my warm home
2.gif

Kimberly - Yeah for your subbing experience! And thanks for the birthday wishes
1.gif

appletini - Mmmm veggie beef soup! Great job on stocking up the freezer. I need to get better at that!
marcyc - Good job with skipping the CW and extra calories. The waffle with peaches sounds delicious! Our snow did turn to ice, but I was home by that point safe and sound. Yeah for the treadmill!!
CJ - Yeah for pretty snow! We had some light snow for the better part of yesterday until it turned to ice - not so great then
38.gif
Good luck with the early yoga class!
somethingshiny - Yeah for a successful shopping trip!
Mara - Hope you and Greg feel better soon. DBF is down with the flu this week too - it''s really been bad lately.
monarch - Good luck to your DH with his interview! And yeah for Exercise TV!

Plan on hitting the gym hard later on, but now I have to jet to a meeting. Have a great day everyone!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results