shape
carat
color
clarity

We need a place to shine light on the old miners out there!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!:kiss2: Chunky delight.:appl:

Whenever I see beautiful OMCs like yours I get such FOMO! I was trying to choose between an OMC and an OEC and ended up going with an OEC because I love the flowery facets but something about a beautifully cut OMC is just amazing <3

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Whenever I see beautiful OMCs like yours I get such FOMO! I was trying to choose between an OMC and an OEC and ended up going with an OEC because I love the flowery facets but something about a beautifully cut OMC is just amazing <3

You need one of each :D

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, though I've been lurking for a few weeks. Holly Jane is the name of my beloved cat.

rare chunky old mine cut.jpg I'm glad to have found a community that is as interested in jewelry as I am. It's one of my hobbies; it's what I like to collect. My paternal grandparents were jewelers. I guess I have it in my genes.

I'm quite the afictionado of old cuts and have more than several. I'm the maniac who bought this little wonky old mine cut from Ivy & Rose. I felt like someone needed to buy this little sweetheart, who would appreciate her. I think I'd like to have it put in a pendant, when I have the funds for the project - maybe a cut down collet? I don't know. I'm thinking because of the irregular shape, it would be hard to bezel well? What do you all think? It's 0.59ct, Si2 (eye clean), L color. rare chunky old mine cut.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@HollyJane Love, love the ring in your avatar! & there are so few in this style here. What are the details?

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
@HollyJane Love, love the ring in your avatar! & there are so few in this style here. What are the details?

Hi, the diamond is uncertified but is estimated to be 0.70ct. The setting is 18k white gold. I have a thing for oval shaped diamonds and antique diamonds, so when I found this pleasingly plump one with its sweet open culet, I jumped at it. The diamond has a crystal near the culet and a couple carbon spots, but it is eye clean and doesn't take away from my enjoyment of it. With old cuts, I am forgiving of their imperfections!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@HollyJane Nothing to forgive. It is more difficult to get assymetrical facets to work, so the old cuts always have my attention.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is a stunner! :kiss2: Do you have a thread?

Thanks!! Here's the thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think people are posting for themselves....but not to be forgotten @kama_s ring is well...….hopefully she will say!

cheers--Sharon

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Its hard seeing everyones beautiful OMCs because I want one so badly.
I'm saving quietly :evil2:
Someday I'll have my own version of a old sparkle bomb.
I do wish my beau was the one to get me one but he just cant rationalize spending that much money.
He hates gems :sick:
Anyone have any PP presentations or flow charts to convince him? Lol

You all are so lucky! They are all so unique and beautiful!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the poor quality. It's been a long time since I took any photographs and posted. I think this little thing is an OMC?

IMG_8012[1].JPG
IMG_8011[1].JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't seem to find the deets on this thing! All I can trace back is that it is a pre-loved piece I purchased back in 2018 from a PSer.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the poor quality. It's been a long time since I took any photographs and posted. I think this little thing is an OMC?

IMG_8012[1].JPG
IMG_8011[1].JPG

This is stunning! I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Oh and lovely to hear from you again!!!! Hope you and yours are well!!!!!!

So lovely to ‘see’ you too Sharon! Thank you for your note. I will never forget the kindness and community of this wonderful place as it and you saw me through some of my toughest times. Sending you a virtual hug!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_8012[1].JPG
IMG_8011[1].JPG

Just lovely, timeless ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh I can join in here. Here are my omc earrings. I think they're ST VS.

I really adore the maltese cross, the quilt like facets. Really hope to own a bigger omc one day!

cf1d553c-b466-433d-b41f-bf33917be9e9.jpg IMG_45998293537914.jpeg IMG_47746756608523.jpeg

Yummy ❤️
Please share ear pics. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results