shape
carat
color
clarity

We need a place to shine light on the old miners out there!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unnamed and as-yet unmatched 4.9mm OMC hovering around the .65 ct mark.

This will be matched and set as the top of a pair of moonstone earrings. It's super duper deep, so an earring setting would be perfect. The more I look at the facet pattern, the more I want to gravitate away from OEC and toward this kind of OMC. I can't explain it but it thrills me!
IMG_0772.jpg

This project is going to look amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Unnamed and as-yet unmatched 4.9mm OMC hovering around the .65 ct mark.

This will be matched and set as the top of a pair of moonstone earrings. It's super duper deep, so an earring setting would be perfect. The more I look at the facet pattern, the more I want to gravitate away from OEC and toward this kind of OMC. I can't explain it but it thrills me!
IMG_0772.jpg

Moonstone and OMC - that’s a fullmoon for sure!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I am soooo in love with OMC. Their facets are just amazing and I much prefer them to MRB.
Saving up for a larger stone but for now, I have my baby OMC (.40 or so) set in a modern TAP (by Todd Pownell) setting with two small inverted MRBs on each side.

IMG_9799.jpeg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I am soooo in love with OMC. Their facets are just amazing and I much prefer them to MRB.
Saving up for a larger stone but for now, I have my baby OMC (.40 or so) set in a modern TAP (by Todd Pownell) setting with two small inverted MRBs on each side.

IMG_9799.jpeg

Such beautiful stone!!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The more I look at the facet pattern, the more I want to gravitate away from OEC and toward this kind of OMC. I can't explain it but it thrills me!

The stone is more round than square, I would have called it OEC because of its shape (OK, an early flavour.) I would love to know its proportions! (mentioned the type elsewhere lately - www)

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Turns out I have another OMC, which I forgot about. I was cleaning all my jewelry, good thing to do when spending so much time at home.

I have an old double snake ring and the diamond is an OMC. It’s small, .3 maybe and likely R in color, with a small pin point duvet on the junction between the table and a top facet. The sapphire is an oval, few inclusions.

The ring is rose gold, it is heavy - jeweler said likely English 15 or 18K. Sadly it was reshanked at some point and lost any hallmarks it had. It acids as higher than 14k but has been repaired several times over its lifespan with who knows what grade of gold!

3ACAB2AF-B506-46B7-812B-EA80E0E76A21.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@caolsen Noticing tiny star facets - half shorter than the ones on the sapphire, which makes sense for the size of the stone, or so I think...

2p

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
@caolsen Noticing tiny star facets - half shorter than the ones on the sapphire, which makes sense for the size of the stone, or so I think...

2p

It’s a funny little stone, the diamond - but I have always been besmirked by it, these two little stones make me smile, just like the

922B0EA9-49F0-429E-9A2F-5EAE1BF39EA0.jpeg D7F3AE3B-899B-44D0-AD20-58456127ABE5.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am not surprised that this ring has been repaired & worn for ages - the two stones are perfect & the snakes whink.

Last edited:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not mine anymore since I gave it to my son to use for his proposal. I love his girlfriend. Ring is from JbG. 3.2ct N VS2
20160402_172320(1)(1).jpg

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I think I saw this on Alex’s IG. It’s so wonderfully warm! Enjoy her. So special.

(His IG is like crack btw, I even got my mom addicted.)

Okay, @bright ice your AMAZING OMC 7 carat hunk of special made me realize we do not seem to have an OMC picture thread, like we do for so many other cuts. I’ll start: Here is my 1.92 UV VS OMC, sourced and set by Alex Parks at Parks Fine Groups in NYC, 14K bezel, brushed setting, knife edge style.

AE89F576-1BFB-4D81-9E04-4DECCB4A0A3F.jpeg

Let’s see all those old miners - they survived the Spanish Flu, two World Wars and they will survive Corvid-19 craziness!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
It's not mine anymore since I gave it to my son to use for his proposal. I love his girlfriend. Ring is from JbG. 3.2ct N VS2

You are an awesome Mom

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning. Your DIL to be is a lucky girl indeed. Not because of her stunning ER but because she is so loved by you (and your son). Lucky lucky girl! Wishing the happy couple all the best!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AuntKiki

I'll post pictures of it on her hand after my son finally pops the question. They were going to go to Spain, where he had a whole horse ride proposal thing planned, but obviously that's out.. Anyway, she is very, very dark-skinned from India. We are of pale and ghostly Anglo-Irish stock. The ring is going to look 10x better on her than it did on me!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@bright ice Oh my goodness! That is one gorgeous OMC! Is there a thread on your ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results