shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Asscher Cut Diamonds by Yoram @ GemConcepts-My First Amateur Attempt at ASET Images (Photos)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my. Those are the most gorgeous diamonds. You must be beyond excited to get this project underway when you look at how perfect each asscher is. Looking forward to seeing it completed because the description sounds really beautiful and significant to you and your husband

I am blown away by these diamonds, as well! I pinch myself, often...lol!!
Fingers crossed, this is the year!!! ;)2

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
:appl::appl::appl:

Hot wowsers!

Look at those stones bling!

How many arms and hands do you have?! I tried taking a picture of a mounted stone through an aset (not ideal I know) and that was nigh on impossible. I ended up making myself feel sea sick! :lol:

Excellent work! So awesome! Cannot wait to see your ongoing journey. What's your current time frame do you think?

:love:

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
These stones are gorgeous and Yoram is a great guy!
Please be careful and don't let these beauties chip each other.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FINALLY!!
I put my new Gemology Kit to good use, today!!

These images were taken using my ASET imaging scope, an iPhoneXR flashlight, an envelope & a napkin, and an iPhone5SE camera.
I used the tweezers to hold the diamonds in place, to get clear shots.
In some of the images you can observe obvious tilt, but, all in all, I’m rather impressed with my feeble skills...lol!!
Thank you for tagging me Matthews1127,

To get more realistic ASET images I would suggest holding the diamond with the tweezers against a white (blank) computer/tablet screen, there is way too much light entering the diamond from the pavilion side which over-powers the pavilion ASET color reflections.

Good luck and please be careful with the tweezers so you dont drop a diamond.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for tagging me Matthews1127,

To get more realistic ASET images I would suggest holding the diamond with the tweezers against a white (blank) computer/tablet screen, there is way too much light entering the diamond from the pavilion side which over-powers the pavilion ASET color reflections.

Good luck and please be careful with the tweezers so you dont drop a diamond.

I will try your method, @diagem!! I agree....too much light!! I felt like a contortionist trying to get images! lol!!
I’ll continue experimenting with lighting, and backgrounds!! I also need to make sure the ASET tool is more parallel to the girdle; there is a bit of tilt!
I’m so excited about this project!! Thank you so much for your help!!! You are amazing!!
*I covered the tweezers with a towel to prevent the diamonds from slipping out, and getting lost.* ;)2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl::appl::appl:

Hot wowsers!

Look at those stones bling!

How many arms and hands do you have?! I tried taking a picture of a mounted stone through an aset (not ideal I know) and that was nigh on impossible. I ended up making myself feel sea sick! :lol:

Excellent work! So awesome! Cannot wait to see your ongoing journey. What's your current time frame do you think?

:love:

I’m hoping (fingers crossed) to be able to launch, this summer.
We shall see....

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful photos and certainly beautiful diamonds! Can't wait to see your finished piece either!!

“The waiting is the hardest part”
-Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

...YEAH!! He wasn’t kidding!!!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. Return the diamond. It is so leaky. Terrible!!!!

:twisted2::twisted2::twisted2::twisted2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! These are beautiful, I CAN’T wait to see how these are set! Keep us all up to date and have fun with this!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous and gorgeous and mind blowingly beautiful.:love: Thanks for sharing @Matthews1127 :appl:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Matthews1127, what an exciting project! I'm super happy for you and cannot wait to see the final product.

In regards to your photos have you tried downloading a screen backlighting app for one of your phones or tablet? It makes the screen glow solid white. It mimics the little light box that used to be sold with the idealscopes and should give you a little better control.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Matthews1127, what an exciting project! I'm super happy for you and cannot wait to see the final product.

In regards to your photos have you tried downloading a screen backlighting app for one of your phones or tablet? It makes the screen glow solid white. It mimics the little light box that used to be sold with the idealscopes and should give you a little better control.

Thank you, @sledge!! I have not, but....now, I WILL!! :lol-2:
I appreciate the help. This is so exciting!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
OMG. @Matthews1127 the vintage Asschers are beyond gorgeous! They are spectacular. I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to see the finished Eternity Band. Do you have ideas for its design yet? So exciting!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you! Your ring will be breathtaking! =)2

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can also do ASET black by putting a black circle on white paper that is just larger than the diamond.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! I know it will be beautiful, with all the hard work and patience and love you have invested into this project.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! I know it will be beautiful, with all the hard work and patience and love you have invested into this project.

Thank you, @LLJsmom!!! The anticipation adds to the excitement!! :bigsmile:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for you to set these. I might be almost as excited as you are! I think I may want to do something similar for an eternity band, but I want to see yours first. HAHA. I started out thinking asschers/ECs, then possibly French cuts, but these are so lovely and just have a neat vibe. Do you know if Yoram will cut smaller ones?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results