shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Asscher Cut Diamonds by Yoram @ GemConcepts-My First Amateur Attempt at ASET Images (Photos)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FINALLY!!
I put my new Gemology Kit to good use, today!!

These images were taken using my ASET imaging scope, an iPhoneXR flashlight, an envelope & a napkin, and an iPhone5SE camera.
I used the tweezers to hold the diamonds in place, to get clear shots.
In some of the images you can observe obvious tilt, but, all in all, I’m rather impressed with my feeble skills...lol!!
I’m even more impressed with how beautiful these little Asschers look!!! :kiss2:
Yoram & GemConcepts are just FANTASTIC!!!
These photos are not in any discernible order. You can see there are multiple images of the same stone, several times, repeated!!!

Without further ado:
8E798B5A-BC94-4C6F-8596-B4043E435D81.jpeg 31E0EAE4-FF3D-4FD2-9BFD-212AAD4830A6.jpeg 36C57459-8834-4D7D-8996-9DCDAC9C3688.jpeg 4BB8F954-ED11-465B-9426-4EA58407EB0F.jpeg 016CED1E-FC70-4D51-8C74-9E62585B9088.jpeg 89C9F337-4FAF-4121-8EA4-0BCD57EEBDD3.jpeg 18929458-CF99-4D0D-9FE6-23766FAF5110.jpeg 1CA500EE-B03D-421E-9380-71E902C02AB0.jpeg 9AE3AD2A-7A70-42C7-A2C1-B0EAD4922836.jpeg 9AE3AD2A-7A70-42C7-A2C1-B0EAD4922836.jpeg 72D9A820-6DC1-4910-8054-FFF08ABC407D.jpeg
I can’t wait to set these little beauties in a band!!! :lol-2:

The thread to my journey:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/“a-suite-of-7”-courtesy-of-yoram-finkelstein-at-gemconcepts-ltd.235991/

@diagem @OoohShiny, @Karl_K, @diamondseeker2006, @whitewave, @-Asscher-, @Dancing Fire, @Asscherhalo_lover, @asschergal, @asscher_girl, @LJsapphire, @LLJsmom, @Emeraldsaremyfavorite, @Emeraldcutlover, @EmeraldDiamondCity, @rockysalamander, @Lykame

Please tag others who may be interested in this thread! I know I promised to post these images, ASAP!
Thank you for allowing me to share!
This community has been so supportive of me, my journey, and this project!!
This only motivates me to stay patient, and look forward to the finished product!!
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stones are beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished piece.

I ordered one of these kits a while back and love playing with it, enjoy! Mine came with a small back lit light box to place the stone on so that you could completely cover the stone. I think that may be why the colors are so light, I believe that the ASET scope needs to line up more with the girdle.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stones are beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished piece.

I ordered one of these kits a while back and love playing with it, enjoy! Mine came with a small back lit light box to place the stone on so that you could completely cover the stone. I think that may be why the colors are so light, I believe that the ASET scope needs to line up more with the girdle.

Agreed!! It was a balancing act to get these photos!!! :lol-2:

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what gorgeous asschers! Your photography skills are fantastic too. I am really excited for you and look forward to more project updates.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what gorgeous asschers! Your photography skills are fantastic too. I am really excited for you and look forward to more project updates.

Thank you so much!! I had to be a little creative to capture these photos!! I think I’ll look into a backlit box, as suggested by @Octo2005!! The images should show more even dispersion!
I am enjoying this process....even the waiting. I think I’ll appreciate the process, and the ring, more.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous! I’m so happy for you! You deserve this blingy future band! I can’t wait to see your babies set!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: Such amazing diamonds! So looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: Such amazing diamonds! So looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Thank you!! I can’t believe the facets, and design of each of these 25pt Asschers!! Even the culets & the tiny tables!! I just love them!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
U-Prong.
The sketches are on page 5 of my thread. :mrgreen2:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/“a-suite-of-7”-courtesy-of-yoram-finkelstein-at-gemconcepts-ltd.235991/page-5

There will be additional, bead-set rounds on each profile side of the band, at the bottom of each “U”.
The scrollwork & milgrain detail from my wedding set will be added to this band. Each Asscher will be snuggled in place by double claw prongs. ;)2
I’m impressed by your thought process! It’s going to be so gorgeous! :love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m impressed by your thought process! It’s going to be so gorgeous! :love:

Thank you so much!!
I did a lot of research, and have had many inspiration photos, over time.
This has been a dream of mine since DH & I started our relationship, together, 5 years ago. I knew I wanted a piece of jewelry that symbolized our story, as long as we were intending to build a future, together.
I have changed the design about 3 times. I finally decided on the one likeness that made my heart skip the most beats, adjusted it, and edited it to get to my own design. It will have a reinforcement bar, at the base, to make the ring more sturdy, and less fragile. This creates a “buttercup” design, but it will still be open to allow light to pass through, and give the Asschers light exposure they need for optimal performance. The double claw prongs should create an illusion that the diamonds are floating within the setting, and also emphasize the cut corners of the Asschers.
I intend to wear this ring, every single day. I’d actually love it, if DH used this band, when we renew our vows!
The bead-set rounds on both sides of the profile, and the scroll & milgrain detail on all 3 sides (top of the shank, along the buttercup, and along the bar), are intended to continue the design from my wedding set so I can wear the band with my set, or alone.
This piece will be strong, but petite & feminine, with a tapered band (it tapers from Top of the ring to the bottom), which will allow me to stack it, if I wish. It also makes it less chunky in appearance. This feature will make it more Top-heavy & it will likely spin, but I don’t have issues with that. My others spin, and it doesn’t bother me.
The diamonds are over 3mm sq. The widest portion of the band will be the top portion, which will be approx 4-4.5mm. It tapers down to 1.8mm from there.
It’s completely unique (I’ve never seen anything else close to it). I’d like to copyright the design & they will destroy the original mold. I still want to keep the sketches, CAD’s, etc for myself. This is a one of a kind creation of my making. It will be nice to have all of that to keep to remember my journey.
I can only hope it turns out to be as magnificent IRL, as it is in my head...lol!!! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
With the amount of effort you put into this ring..it can’t be anything other than perfect! I can’t wait to see it!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
...I can only hope it turns out to be as magnificent IRL, as it is in my head...lol!!! :lol-2:
Those images are spectacular! I'm so glad you're enjoying your kit and making good use of it already. :)) I am CERTAIN that your masterpiece will be more than magnificent, it will be superb!! I love u-prongs for the very reasons you stated, and I love buttercups as well. I wish I had your creativity. :doh:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those images are spectacular! I'm so glad you're enjoying your kit and making good use of it already. :)) I am CERTAIN that your masterpiece will be more than magnificent, it will be superb!! I love u-prongs for the very reasons you stated, and I love buttercups as well. I wish I had your creativity. :doh:

If this is successful, and I can inspire anyone on this fora, it will give my life new meaning, and give me new purpose.
This community inspires me, every day, and I am so happy to be a part of it all!!
I am certain, with the right inspiration, your creative side would burst out!!! ;)2

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I am certain, with the right inspiration, your creative side would burst out!!! ;)2
I'm in the middle of it right now with the station necklace, and there is NO creativity bursting. Only anxiety and indecision. :eek2: I wish I could find the right inspiration.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
congrates!!!!! :appl::appl:

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see your vision come to life! Those asschers are just SPECTACULAR!:appl:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my. Those are the most gorgeous diamonds. You must be beyond excited to get this project underway when you look at how perfect each asscher is. Looking forward to seeing it completed because the description sounds really beautiful and significant to you and your husband

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results