shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera - I am finally done!!!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning and spectacular, and it is absolute perfection!!:love::love::love: I cannot find enough descriptors for it, honestly... the setting showcases your amazing stone so brilliantly and Victor's work is impeccable as always. The entire piece just flows and every detail is immaculate! I am so happy for you, and I can truly relate to your plight as I experienced similar reset woes over the years before discovering Victor's work. It is exhausting and expensive to go through a reset, only to realize that ultimately something is just not "right." Discovering Victor's work was a true awakening for me, and having now worked with him on a few projects I cannot imagine working with anyone else... he is just that amazing! It is not easy to take that leap of faith but I applaud you for doing it, and you could not have chosen a better artisan in whom to place your trust. Victor has such a keen eye for beauty and proportion, and he genuinely wants to create pieces that will be cherished for a lifetime. He truly created the most gorgeous setting for your stone, and I am over the moon thrilled for you!! Each ornate detail contributes to the jaw-dropping beauty of this work of art. :love::love::love: Enjoy every second of wearing this masterpiece, and of course, feel free to post as many photos as you like!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy camoly, lady! That is freaking stunning. I love everything about it. The setting really brings out the character of the cushion and gives awesome finger coverage at the same time. It looks awesome on you. Wow, Wow, Wow!!! :cool2:

That L shows up nice and white and bright IMO. I probably missed it but what are the deets on the diamond?

ETA: Love all your pics but that one with the bright flowers really makes my day.:love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh everyone thank you. I woke up to more lovely comments! It is interesting unique PERFECT and so many other superlatives that I have not even though of yet. I don't think I can wear it if my nails are ugly barn nails.

@LLJsmom and @carbonfan I truly know and can see everything you and others have described about his work. I, ALMOST but not quite, feel a tad self conscious about having something so beautiful. And yes, how does he do that? I was not on the bandwagon of handforged. Really how much better can it be? But if you combine the method and the artistry something amazing happens and I am now a believer. This ring is never going anywhere until I die. My DH teases me and calls my stone, and whatever setting its in, "The ring to end all rings". "You're not selling the ring to end all rings are you?" Well last night he said its beautiful. And I said "Yes it is finally the ring to end all rings!" :lol: Oh and "thank you" about a zillion times. Yes we are geeky LOTR fans.

Thank you so much everyone
@kathley @missy @PierreBear
@Nitedula - delicate and interesting from every angle is exactly what it is
@ringcat - ugh what an expensive journey. I can't think about that now, maybe tomorrow, NOT. :D
@Tekate you are the sweetest and yes I am worth it.

@elle_71125 thank you and it is a GIA L VS1 2.20ct and is pretty white in most conditions but in the solitaire it showed the most color.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood, your ring is STUNNING!!!!!!! I can't even find words to tell you how much I love it! Victor executed every detail to perfection. It is just soooooo everything. I am so glad you have found the ring to end all rings. Just that in itself is a gift. Enjoy it forever!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it couldn't look more perfect on your hand if you tried. It's beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! She is in a heirloom setting now...hopefully to be loved for generations!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOD, this is absolutely STUNNING, @redwood66!!! Congratulations!!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous:love:. Somehow the sston looks whiter than in the previous setting.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning :love: :love: :love: The proportions are perfect! I reached out to Victor as well, but have to build up my jewelry fund a bit before I’m ready to move forward. Your beautiful ring seals the deal for me and I can’t wait to work with Victor.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning :love: :love: :love: The proportions are perfect! I reached out to Victor as well, but have to build up my jewelry fund a bit before I’m ready to move forward. Your beautiful ring seals the deal for me and I can’t wait to work with Victor.
Thank you and how exciting! You will not regret it one bit.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous:love:. Somehow the sston looks whiter than in the previous setting.
Thank you! I have been looking at it in all different lighting and I have noticed the same thing. Also the stone performs so much better and more consistent even sparkle being in this setting than in any other. How does that happen? Is it the bezel?

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enjoying Red Robin lighting :mrgreen2:

I love the lighting! Do you know what is hilarious—it’s junior high volleyball season around here, and I have found the BEST lighting in our kids’ gym. :lol: So I will wear some of my best rings while dressed in school spirit wear hoodie and sitting in the bleachers. Just stealing glances here and there. :whistle:

Your ring is just gorgeous. I love everything about it, and the way it lifts off the finger—the shoulders, the gallery, everything. Perfection!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring. If I ever wanted a full halo, this might be it. I especially love the shape of the external silhouette. North and south angles really distract my eye but this is so perfect. The angle is so soft and obtuse at those points and just emphasizes the shape of your center stone. I love it so much. Looks unbelievable at Red Robin’s too. I’d be too distracted to eat. :mrgreen2: Have so much fun taking pics and videos everywhere. So happy for you @redwood66

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's really gorgeous, I'm another that beats the Victor Canera drum on here too, lovely guy and yours is true heirloom quality piece of his workmanship.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!!! :love::love::love::love:
I am considering working with Victor for my new setting ~ I fell in love with a ring on his site and can't stop thinking about it ~ I dream about my stone in it ~ LOL! They have been amazing so far, answering all my questions.
I love hearing stories like yours because I am a bit nuts and am nervous about sending my stone out but it makes me feel better hearing stories like this!
Enjoy that beautiful ring!!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @arkieb1!

Too funny @KristinTech!

So excited for you @JoJa12345! What setting are you looking at?

@LLJsmom I am flattered that you like it that much. It would be in a similar vein with the angles to your stunning octagonal OEC.

I must ask about your VC bands. If I were to only have one of yours I am leaning toward the milgrain rather than the bright cut just because it would not distract. I like that he can make them narrow and the polish would match my halo's shank. I am OCD in that way and I've found over the day that I do not like the Tiffany band with because it is distracting with such large milgrain edges. I don't need another engraved band because mine blends, though it is rounded and not squared up like Victor's would be. But I love your eternity as well. Which do you suggest in my situation? I know - both right? :lol: Maybe eventually.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - congratulations on a stunning, heirloom quality piece of jewelry! This is truly a 'jewel' - not just 'a ring'. Gorgeous!

Is there any chance you might be willing to post a line up of your 4 settings? There's lessons to be learned in seeing those comparisons, and I can imagine this being useful to more than one or two people.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can do that @mrs-b.

What a compilation of $$$$, time, and effort. All my changes reflect in no way on the artists who created them because they created excellent pieces. It was all me and my inability to find THE one for me that also fit what my stone should be set into. Everyone should always take their own tastes into account but I didn't really know what my taste was over the past 4 years obviously. These settings couldn't be further apart in design elements and type. The only consistent theme is I obviously love a cathedral setting! :)

unset stone GIA L VS1 2.20ct 7.41x7.63x5.68mm
https://loveaffairdiamonds.smugmug....Diam/220ct-Antique-Cushion-Cut-Diam/i-DGXCWrH
acc6.jpg

First halo by Erica at LAD
upload_2018-1-12_16-4-25.png upload_2018-1-12_16-1-19.png dscn1639.jpg _20435.jpg

Second - French cut setting by David Klass
20150522_082831.jpg _29524.jpg _29523.jpg dscn1715.jpg

Third - Solitaire by David Klass
_36750.jpg dscn1841.jpg 0317161451a.jpg

And the final Victor Canera Halo
DSCN1935.JPG upload_2018-1-31_20-59-8.png 20180131_140632[1].jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! You have made a great choice. Your ring radiates an elegant old world charm, yet in a very clean way. Your stone is so at home in your new setting. Victor did an amazing job. Please post a lot more pics.

Personally I love your ring stacked with your engraved band.

Thanks for adding the line up! I loved the stone in the French cut setting as well, but in the new setting it has oomph and a great coverage as well!

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you @arkieb1!

Too funny @KristinTech!

So excited for you @JoJa12345! What setting are you looking at?

@LLJsmom I am flattered that you like it that much. It would be in a similar vein with the angles to your stunning octagonal OEC.

I must ask about your VC bands. If I were to only have one of yours I am leaning toward the milgrain rather than the bright cut just because it would not distract. I like that he can make them narrow and the polish would match my halo's shank. I am OCD in that way and I've found over the day that I do not like the Tiffany band with because it is distracting with such large milgrain edges. I don't need another engraved band because mine blends, though it is rounded and not squared up like Victor's would be. But I love your eternity as well. Which do you suggest in my situation? I know - both right? :lol: Maybe eventually.

Thank you!! I'm looking at the Six Prong Pave Solitaire with Scalloped Basket.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best comparison shots ever, @redwood66 - thank you so much for sharing! I have to ay, despite how much I love DKJ, the halo settings are my fave! I love where you landed!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! That setting was made to display your beautiful diamond.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually would prefer an engraved band to go with my ering rather than the plain band with millgrain. I feel like the shiny surface of the plain band kind of distracts from the ering. That is why I like your engraved band with it so much. If I already had an engraved band I would get a single cut eternity. I do so love Victor’s single cuts. Having said that, if I were going to wear only two rings, I would choose my plain band to wear with my ering rahter than the single cut because I think the song le cut distracts more from the ering than the plain band. I am wearing all three together now. For about six months I wore the ring by itself. Admittedly it took a while for me to figure out what I really liked. My goal is an engraved band from Victor, probably in rose gold. I just haven’t gotten to it yet.

However it just depends on what you’re anal about. What bothers me about my set is that it does feel too matchy matchy.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! No it is still the Tamara. But it is my ring in the pics! Which is so awesome.
I see, a revision from the original. To me it looks quite different but I get it. You’re the only one with that ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results