shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera - I am finally done!!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The journey to find a forever home for my antique cushion is over. You have no idea how it makes me feel to say that.

When I first came to Pricescope like many others I did not know beans about diamonds or settings or even what I really liked. I had the same problem as lots of other ladies in that what I wanted and what my pocketbook could afford were on different planets or possibly in different solar systems. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be viewing Erica's (Love Affair Diamonds) sneek peek at the right time to see the perfect 100+ year old affordable antique cushion that rivals (I think) any of the newly cut antique stones. Yes its an L, but that's why it is affordable. Setting this beauty on the other hand has been an expensive trial and error venture. I have liked all the settings I have had it in but never fully satisfied and never knew exactly why. Until today. This stone was meant to be in this kind of setting IMO. It is too colored for a solitaire and the side view showed it and that is what bothered me most, besides ending up being a tad boring. The french cut setting made the stone look small (size 7.5 doesn't help that either), the gap was too large and the band too matchy matchy. The first halo was too flowery and in the end not my style, though lovely. And I am soooo glad I did not do a three stone.

But now lets get to it!!! The workmanship of this ring is absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD. There is no other way to describe it. Like others have said about Victor's pieces, it is surprisingly light but still feels sturdy. The single cut melee are gorgeous with the just right sparkle. The color of the pave and french cuts is a perfect blend with my diamond. The bezel is perfect (not bulky) and my stone is set perfectly with the table just right and I can see the culet hovering just above the donut. The height is perfect above my finger and Victor made the donut small so bands sit close enough. I could have forgone the pave on the stems but they are my little secret sparkle that only I can see and am happy I had it done.

Yes this setting was more expensive than I thought I would ever spend but in the end totally worth every penny. I know now what you are also paying for is the expertise of someone who knows what will be perfect. The control freak that I am struggled with this at first but after talking with Victor on the phone he set my mind at ease. Just let go and let him work. After all, my incessant need to control everything did not help me with the others in the end did it? If anyone is ever thinking of having Victor make something for you, do it. You will not be disappointed. Their customer service is amazing as well.

So I know you all want some pics. :mrgreen2:

**photo removed to comply with no logo policies in STMB**
20180131_094003.jpg 20180131_093936.jpg DSCN1923.JPG DSCN1928.JPG DSCN1925.JPG DSCN1932.JPG
20180131_094310.jpg upload_2018-1-31_10-53-53.png

Attachments

• 20180131_094003.jpg
    20180131_094003.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I like my Tiffany 2mm milgrain band best. But I think I need a Victor skinny single cut bright cut pave band. :twisted2:

20180131_095354.jpg

20180131_094514.jpg
20180131_094357.jpg 20180131_094431.jpg 20180131_094447.jpg 20180131_094513.jpg

Attachments

• 20180131_094513.jpg
    20180131_094513.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 81

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love every curve and detail it has. And the finger coverage...perfect:appl:. I know exactly what you are talking about. Planets and solar systems. Wishes and reality. They are hard to get balance. But in the end (after many settings and even much more bucks spent) everything seem so simple and clear, that you can’t understand all that hassle it needs to get there. Live and learn:wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT

BE BACK LATER.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s fabulous from every angle!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite. I am so happy for you. It is the perfect home for your lovely stone!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute perfection. You’re right... how could you ask for anything better than that? :appl: I’m sure you’ll be staring at it with glee for years to come!

FWIW, I really like the scrollwork band the best :mrgreen2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely beautiful!!:love: I love it so much! It really is the best setting for your stone!:appl:

Oh, and I agree with Shiny that I like the engraved band best!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone. I do like the engraved band as well and it is a bit narrower than the Tiffany. I like a skinny band with this I think. I can't believe how happy I am to have this on my finger.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Perfection! I wish I could also have a setting like that one day!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy WOW!!! Good lord, could it be more PERFECT?!?!

There is something really special about this setting. A lot of halos sort of 'blend' the center stone into the halo itself and it becomes one mass of sparkle (not necessarily a bad thing). But the way this halo is designed and executed, it actually highlights and brings the eye to your beautiful cushion while making the viewer see the whole masterpiece simultaneously. Not sure if that makes any sense, but it's truly glorious. Your stone is meant for a setting like this, it's soooooo beautiful!!!! And gosh the halo is so visually interesting and pleasing without being 'too much'. Ack!! :love: :love: :love:

I could stare at your ring all. day. long.

P.S. Love the stems :P2.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, looks truly lovely on you I totally get why you are so thrilled and the stone is beautiful! Is this a forever ring?!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JDDN you hit the nail on the head for sure. The whole thing is such a visually pleasing work of art while still showcasing my stone. I am so glad he put the tiny melee rather than the bigger ones of the regular Tamara setting.

Here is an email I just got from Victor in response to my gushing one to Nic.

Hi ****!
I’ve heard that you received your ring.
I just wanted to say thank you for taking a small leap of faith in me. I know I don’t have the exact design on my catalog that we ended up with so I know it can be kind of hard to visualize the final product. Your ring came out beautifully though. So nice in fact that we’ll be adding it to our catalog in the coming days.
Anyway, wear in health.
Victor Canera :: President

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KILL ME NOW!!! This is so amazing!!!! Congrats on finding your forever setting - VC has such an incredible eye - it's truly PERFECTION!!! :love::love::love::lickout::lickout::lickout:

FWIW, I also prefer the engraved band with it but think a VC single cut band would be lovely, too!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy wow! That’s beautiful. It’s amazing just one it’s own then on your hand it comes to life and it’s the perfect setting. :love: Have you got anything done since you got it? I’d be stuck staring at my hand til my neck ached with this beauty to look at!
Please post as many more picture as you may feel necessary. I’ve never been any sort of halo fan but with this and LLJsmom’s one, I’m becoming a convert.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I have not done a pea picking thing except type on PS and take pictures and stare at it. I am so in love with this setting. And I have the first one! :love::love::love::love:

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's really amazing!!! I love it!!! It was "made" for you.. Tee hee hee....
really beautiful.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, looks truly lovely on you I totally get why you are so thrilled and the stone is beautiful! Is this a forever ring?!
This is a forever ring for sure. No question in my mind. :mrgreen2:

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This ring is so elegant!! :love: So glad it is your forever ring! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's truly amazingly gorgeous!!! Your stone looks like it "Belongs" in that beautifully executed setting by a master artisan! Enjoy it in the best of health.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely beautiful!!:love: I love it so much! It really is the best setting for your stone!:appl:

Oh, and I agree with Shiny that I like the engraved band best!
A huge thank you to you my friend. Your nudge about the three stone (try a halo instead) and seeing @carbonfan's new ring plus @LLJsmom's started what turned out to be a rather short journey. It is the ring I never knew I wanted that turned out to be perfect in the end.

I wish you all could really see the sparkle fest on my hand when it moves!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Winner winner chicken dinner! Splendid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::appl:

Wear it in health.

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blimey!!! Just.... BLIMEY!!!

It's absolutely gorgeous! There isn't one single part that I don't enjoy looking at! What a journey you've had, but man, it was totally worth it :love:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I could sit and stare at the side view for hours - that gorgeous, rounded crown popping up. Then I’d have to sit and stare for hours at the tapered French cuts and how they so beautifully set off the centre stone and melee. Then it would be the turn of the outline - softly rounded but still linear.

I think I might have a new favourite VC setting.....

Congratulations - she’s a beauty!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's absolutely gorgeous...stone...setting...everything is perfect. I love it with the Tiffany band!! Congrats on finding the forever home!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well red , as I read through your story my expectation and excitement was building. I already saw the photo by Victor that you posted yesterday so I knew what it looks like. As I scrolled to your photo on your finger, I gasped out “oh my god!” Dear lady, you have an amazing treasure! I second and third what others before have already said. But I will say this, I knew if you put your faith in Victor he would make you a masterpiece and he didn’t fall short! Perfection is not an overstatement. Wear her in the best of health and happiness!

Last edited:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring will go down in PS history as one of the ICONIC RINGS of the site! It is totally and completely P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!

All the band pairings are gorgeous but I agree with you that the milgrain band is the ideal complement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results