shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Full Eternity Bright Cut and Millgrain bands

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Re: Victor Canera Full Eternity Bright Cut and Millgrain ban

Wow, that's awesome that Victor was able to transform your Jocelyn! I like that your e-ring and bands are different widths (e-ring + eternity band has my vote). This may sound odd, but do you have a clearer photo of your old Jocelyn head? Did VC take the smaller diamonds out and let you trade them in for the bigger single cuts to complete your eternity band?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Marvelous bands! Beautifully done!! :wavey: :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry its taken so many days to respond. Been slammed at work. Thank you everyone for sharing in my excitement. I am thrilled with the results. Funny how I miss hem already and it's only been a few days since I had to stick them back in the box. Having pieces from Victor spoils me for anything else. Bad girl.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1482154306|4108316 said:
I think I hyperventilated a little when I saw the cut off bits, beautiful stunning bands, Victor is truly a master, on the flip side of that it's such a shame you couldn't have set a coloured stone or something else in the original ring, because I loved it as well.....

Arkieb1, I kinda freaked out too when I saw the remains too. I wonder how he felt destroying his own work. But I was willing since I would have to pay a lot out of my ocket to get a full eternity newly made.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1482159715|4108333 said:
Do you know the width of the plain band? I need a thin band so I can wear other bands with it, but they have to be thin because my fingers are shorter below the knuckle, unfortunately!

BOth bands are a little under 2 mm.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skhii|1482226959|4108517 said:
Wow, that's awesome that Victor was able to transform your Jocelyn! I like that your e-ring and bands are different widths (e-ring + eternity band has my vote). This may sound odd, but do you have a clearer photo of your old Jocelyn head? Did VC take the smaller diamonds out and let you trade them in for the bigger single cuts to complete your eternity band?

Victor charged me to convert he old setting. I would expect himto and I don't he should work for free. The fee was nominal.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

I think the diamond band with your ring makes it pop ! But it still seems like you are uncertain about the setting?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Resonance.Of.Life|1482386215|4108926 said:
I think the diamond band with your ring makes it pop ! But it still seems like you are uncertain about the setting?
Thanks ROL. I have mental issues with the prongs. And the setting is really nice but it is not sized to fit the stone. Lastly, I would like to figure out a setting that would give my stone a bit more girdle protection. I like the idea of a halo but I don't want the center to look darker than the melee. And I don't want to lose the outline of the round stone. Yet I prefer a cushion halo over a round halo. I'm full of contradictions. :doh:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

LLJsmom|1482304118|4108727 said:

Victor charged me to convert he old setting. I would expect himto and I don't he should work for free. The fee was nominal.

Hi LLJsmom. Thanks for replying. I was not implying that your band was free, or that it should be. I was only wondering what happened to the melee in the head since it seems like it would be quite useless now. Are they still in the head?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skhii|1482904478|4109978 said:
LLJsmom|1482304118|4108727 said:

Hi LLJsmom. Thanks for replying. I was not implying that your band was free, or that it should be. I was only wondering what happened to the melee in the head since it seems like it would be quite useless now. Are they still in the head?

Hi Skhii, no problem. The melee in the head are now these teeny diamond specs in a little plastic bag. One good sneeze and they're gone. Yes, I don't know what to do with them. Maybe I will send them back to Victor if I decide on melee in my next setting. But I don't know. I'll likely toss them in my drawer. I did not even bother to ask if I could trade them in for the bigger single cuts. It seemed so minor and I tried to keep the trading back and forth to a minimum. He was so gracious about doing this project that I didn't want to complicate matters.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Adding another picture in different lighting. I just love this band. How can I see every little detail so clearly with my rapidly failing eyesight? Been wearing it for a couple of weeks now. I love wearing it without my ering too. Victor's work has spoiled me for everything else.

If anyone is considering a single cut full eternity from Victor, I would say have no fear. You will not be disappointed. I would love a French cut.

img_14191.jpg

img_14192.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a gorgeous band - and how wonderful Victor was able to repurpose your old Jocelyn setting for it! :)

Do you have any photos of it in natural light / outdoors? I am looking at eternity bands too now... :saint:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your new bands and they look phenomenal stacked. Funny, if my OEC in the VC setting didn't sell as a ring, I thought about asking Victor to make it into an eternity 8) . I think it's a great way to repurpose the ring and now it's something you love and something you'll wear. Congratulations on your new bands!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1482995987|4110279 said:
That's a gorgeous band - and how wonderful Victor was able to repurpose your old Jocelyn setting for it! :)

Do you have any photos of it in natural light / outdoors? I am looking at eternity bands too now... :saint:

Mochiko, here you are. Natural light...

img_14255.jpg

img_14256.jpg

img_0435.jpg

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love both of these beauties, and I love your trio stacked together! From everything I have read on the boards it sounds like Victor never fails to disappoint. He is the quintessential perfectionist and his craftsmanship is par excellence... and when jewelry is at stake that is a wonderful thing! :wink2: These are both phenomenal choices and I am so happy that you love them! Enjoy!!! :)

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom! I just wanted to see how you are enjoying your bright cut band. I am debating single cuts vs. full cuts for an eternity band project. I initially specified single cuts because that is what I thought had been used in my current eternity band, but I just found out that they are actually full cuts... which means that I have never seen single cuts in person so now the decision is a bit trickier! :doh:Anyway, I am having trouble finding many examples of eternity bands with single cuts, but I adore the photos you posted of your bright cut band as the single cuts look so intriguing, so I just wanted to get your thoughts. Many thanks in advance!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom! I just wanted to see how you are enjoying your bright cut band. I am debating single cuts vs. full cuts for an eternity band project. I initially specified single cuts because that is what I thought had been used in my current eternity band, but I just found out that they are actually full cuts... which means that I have never seen single cuts in person so now the decision is a bit trickier! :doh:Anyway, I am having trouble finding many examples of eternity bands with single cuts, but I adore the photos you posted of your bright cut band as the single cuts look so intriguing, so I just wanted to get your thoughts. Many thanks in advance!
Hi carbonfan, I love my single cut band. I barely ever take it off. Even when I am not wearing my ering, I will wear this band. I feel like I can see the outline of each separate stone very clearly, compared to full cut stones, which is very important to aging eyesight. ;-) I can see discrete flashes of light from the melee stones. It's different from the constant bright sparkles of full cuts. Does that help? Are there other specific questions you would like me to answer?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love your bands and they look great with your ering!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi carbonfan, I love my single cut band. I barely ever take it off. Even when I am not wearing my ering, I will wear this band. I feel like I can see the outline of each separate stone very clearly, compared to full cut stones, which is very important to aging eyesight. ;-) I can see discrete flashes of light from the melee stones. It's different from the constant bright sparkles of full cuts. Does that help? Are there other specific questions you would like me to answer?
Thank you, LLJsmom; that is exactly what I wanted to know. And I can relate to you on the aging eyesight... my contact lens prescription grows stronger each year! :lol: I really love the idea of single cuts and their discrete flashes, so your insights provided the confirmation I needed. Thank you so much!!

So pretty! I love your bands and they look great with your ering!
I couldn't agree with you more, tyty! Both of LLJsmom's bands are truly exquisite and I love her entire set!! :love: They are such classic, timeless choices and so very beautiful. :twirl:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have questions! :)

Can you tell me if you are wearing the single cut band and the plain band stacked when you don't wear your er? Or is it just the diamond band alone when you don't wear your er. Do you wear it 24/7? How often are you not wearing the er and just the bands? Do you think a full cut band would look odd next to a single cut band in terms of how they sparkle and flash differently?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all 3 together!! VC did an amazing job!! Perfection!! :love:
CRM

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have questions! :)

Can you tell me if you are wearing the single cut band and the plain band stacked when you don't wear your er? Or is it just the diamond band alone when you don't wear your er. Do you wear it 24/7? How often are you not wearing the er and just the bands? Do you think a full cut band would look odd next to a single cut band in terms of how they sparkle and flash differently?
Sometimes I will wear two bands together, but if I wear only one, it's the eternity. Actually, on certain days when I can't wear my ering in the morning, I will still wear the eternity. So it's almost 24/7 except when I need to clean it or when I use very heavy weights. It's bead set so it's super protected and I don't worry about stones falling out. If you stack it with other bands I think it would look fine. If you want the same kind of sparkle to match a MRB ering, I'm not sure if you would like the effect. If you match it with your asscher, I think it would be perfect. The discrete flashes would not compete with the winking of your gorgeous asscher.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
@LLJsmom, did you order the 2 VC bands (single cut eternity and plain with milgrain) in a special width and height or order as is (which I think is 1.9mm)? Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results