shape
carat
color
clarity

Vanadium beryl vs emerald

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
There’s another up close shot of the lady who now owns that as her ering!! Check out his feed.

Beautiful stone, looks like the Chivor material.

I know it's an interesting story but sometimes I get put off with very "showy" and high $$$ stories like this from many IG vendors...it makes me feel like their gems are way out of my reach. I know he carries various price items still but...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it's an interesting story but sometimes I get put off with very "showy" and high $$$ stories like this from many IG vendors...it makes me feel like their gems are way out of my reach. I know he carries various price items still but...
He actually showed a very meh emerald on his feed the other day. I didn’t post it because it was really unattractive. I was a bit shocked!!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
He actually showed a very meh emerald on his feed the other day. I didn’t post it because it was really unattractive. I was a bit shocked!!

Ya, but I am referring to the pricing, assuming his prices are calculated based on the quality of the gems, accordingly. I don't know and I don't want to say too much since others are meeting/buying from him.

I also get put off of "DM for price" tactic commonly used by many vendors...so :wall:

Done being frustrated. Let's enjoy emeralds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DAMN...:-o

I guess other fancy cuts won't have that symmetrical glow/sheen of the emerald cut emeralds, still very attractive!
To be honest, even though it’s an HW, and FIFTY carats, and absolutely gorgeous, it’s not that Duck Neck Muzo color, so it won’t be as metallic green.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D6C130DA-684F-49B7-8DAA-98D117938E07.jpeg I had to post this, love this pic of mine in the blaring sun. The spinel isn’t too shabby either. It’s Duck Neck, but in the blaring sun, it really glowed. Direct sunlight really brightens the tone.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
med. = medium tone. Mostly likely hers is medium dark but the light made it look "lighter".

I am kind of odd about pairing outfits with emerald jewelry. I often think that wearing black shows off the emerald better. :geek2:
I agree. I saw pictures of Angelina Jolie at an awards show once in a simple black evening gown with these stunning emerald earrings. It looked beautiful.

I think the same thing about sapphires. I can see why Kate Middleton wore a blue dress when she and PW announced their engagement. When she wore a red suit a few weeks later, the deep blue of the ring looked a little odd against the red.

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
D6C130DA-684F-49B7-8DAA-98D117938E07.jpeg I had to post this, love this pic of mine in the blaring sun. The spinel isn’t too shabby either. It’s Duck Neck, but in the blaring sun, it really glowed. Direct sunlight really brightens the tone.

:love:
Have you taken pictures of your emeralds between 5:00pm to sunset outside? That light is so magical too. I got to play with one 1/2 hour before sunset and it was so lush!

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
I agree. I saw pictures of Angelina Jolie at an awards show once in a simple black evening gown with these stunning emerald earrings. It looked beautiful.

I think the same thing about sapphires. I can see why Kate Middleton wore a blue dress when she and PW announced their engagement. When she wore a red suit a few weeks later, the deep blue of the ring looked a little odd against the red.

I think many of us here don’t really care for that tone of blue. However, it might be a popular shade of blue back a decade ago? I saw a Deco bracelet made of platinum, oec, and synthetic sapphires of the same tone. I wondered why in the world they wouldn’t make the man made stuffs in the most desirable shades of blue :confused:. I think someone here reminds us that different times call for different styles/colors and I agree!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think many of us here don’t really care for that tone of blue. However, it might be a popular shade of blue back a decade ago? I saw a Deco bracelet made of platinum, oec, and synthetic sapphires of the same tone. I wondered why in the world they wouldn’t make the man made stuffs in the most desirable shades of blue :confused:. I think someone here reminds us that different times call for different styles/colors and I agree!
The Diana/Kate ring is responsible for the sale of more dark inferior sapphires at high prices than you can imagine. It’s an ugly stone, or I’ve never seen a decent picture of it. It just goes to show you that royalty even gets duped by jewelers. I don’t care for Princess Eugenie’s Padparadcha either. Pricescopers have much nicer ones.

ETA Angelina had a matching ring on too!!

Last edited:

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock

I wonder that too. My mum specifically wanted an Australian sapphire for her engagement ring back when she got engaged, precisely because Australian sapphires come in those very dark, blue-black colours which is what she favours.

I also wonder if it’s a country preference. Liz Hurley’s sapphire is similarly dark which made me wonder if it’s just that people in the UK tend prefer that darker colour.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder that too. My mum specifically wanted an Australian sapphire for her engagement ring back when she got engaged, precisely because Australian sapphires come in those very dark, blue-black colours which is what she favours.

I also wonder if it’s a country preference. Liz Hurley’s sapphire is similarly dark which made me wonder if it’s just that people in the UK tend prefer that darker colour.
No offense to the British, but I think they just want to copy Diana’s ring, as most people, almost everywhere, think that’s what a top color sapphire is supposed to look like.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
The Diana/Kate ring is responsible for the sale of more dark inferior sapphires at high prices than you can imagine. It’s an ugly stone, or I’ve never seen a decent picture of it. It just goes to show you that royalty even gets duped by jewelers. I don’t care for Princess Eugenie’s Padparadcha either. Pricescopers have much nicer ones.

ETA Angelina had a matching ring on too!!
I haven’t looked closely at Eugenie’s ring before. Going to google that now, along with examples of trade ideal padparadchas!

Oooh, need to check out Angelina’s ring, too!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3E63FAD9-476F-4EEA-86F1-EA452E25C997.jpeg Here’s both aforementioned royal erings. Maybe they’re just not photogenic???

To be fair, there’s not many photos of the padparadcha ring, but there’s a zillion photos of the Diana ring going back decades, and it never looked good in a single one.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Liz Hurley’s sapphire was Saturated and gorgeous though. It is a million times nicer than that royal one.

ETA: I take that back!! I was thinking of Beyonce’s Ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rley-move-over-now-this-is-a-sapphire.171612/

voce

Ideal_Rock
Eugenie's pad looks more saturated in the photo you provided than that one in the eye candy sticky, and I'd say it's not obviously inferior, as Diana's sapphire is.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eugenie's pad looks more saturated in the photo you provided than that one in the eye candy sticky, and I'd say it's not obviously inferior, as Diana's sapphire is.
It looks brown to me whereas I see no brown in the pastel of the other eye candy pad.

voce

Ideal_Rock
It looks brown to me whereas I see no brown in the pastel of the other eye candy pad.
Oh, I don't see any brown. But then, I suspect I see more gray than most people. Color perception is so weird!

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Liz Hurley’s sapphire was Saturated and gorgeous though. It is a million times nicer than that royal one.

ETA: I take that back!! I was thinking of Beyonce’s Ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rley-move-over-now-this-is-a-sapphire.171612/
Beyonce’s Is gorgeous! It has that amazing colour throughout the stone. Even nicer than this other amazing sapphire I saw in a Graff store window:

56870684-5812-4763-BA5C-3ABF86DF3DC1.jpeg

When I first saw Beyonce’s I actually thought it was a tanzanite...

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6C237D03-BBD3-4C86-BCF3-E435DF617D35.jpeg Victoria Beckham has better taste in sapphires than her fellow Brits. Liz Hurley or Diana.

At least you can see it’s blue!!!

She has such an awesome sense of style from head to toe to ring finger:love:

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
6C237D03-BBD3-4C86-BCF3-E435DF617D35.jpeg Victoria Beckham has better taste in sapphires than her fellow Brits. Liz Hurley or Diana.

What shade of blue do you think VB’s?

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock

Totally agree with you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What shade of blue do you think VB’s?
It’s hard to tell, but it’s more saturated than that black Diana ring. It’s a good thing Diana had other beautiful jewelry worthy of her, but that ring:confused2:

When it showed up on Kate, I was like “Noooooooo!!” It has sentimental value so that’s why it’s significant.

VB has gorgeous colored gems including an amazing emerald ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results