shape
carat
color
clarity

Vallejo916?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at his completed listings. He''ll probably relist them again.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
TL - what do you think of these two listings that ended with no bids? They were both $39 and I thought the pink one looks pretty good.

ebaystonepink.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
And he said these are medium color.

ebaystone222.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cinnamon,
Pretty stones. I''m very distrustful of 99% of pink tourmaline on ebay, but I do feel that his is natural in color. Not a bad price when you consider that some vendors charge a lot more for the same material.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2009 11:38:01 AM
Author: cinnamon013
TL - what do you think of these two listings that ended with no bids? They were both $39 and I thought the pink one looks pretty good.
ha ha cinnamon - this tourmaline was one of the ones that prompted me to ask this thread
5.gif

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I bought this tourmaline, and the small sunstone. I am sooooo looking forward to receiving them. I will make a concerted effort to post photos of them, but I am having problems getting my photos from my camera (nikon) to my computer (mac). Thanks for the advice about this seller TL.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the toumaline and aquas don''t have very nice colour but I guess the $39 price reflects that.

Mousey, I look forward to seeing your pictures of the tourmaline.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's not like you're going to get drop dead quality for the prices, but sometimes you can get a bargain. I do think my last two rubellites, and my little aqua, were exemplary of that, as well as LoveInBloom's tourmaline. His pictures are just so awful, so sometimes you do take a risk. For example, I saw LoveInBloom's pink tourmaline in the vendor picture, and it was nothing special in that picture, but then in the link I provided, you can see that it's a beautiful tourmaline with purple and pink hues.

At least the vendor pictures are always worse than the real thing, which in most cases the opposite is true - LOL!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 2:11:52 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
At least the vendor pictures are always worse than the real thing, which in most cases the opposite is true - LOL!
I wholeheartedly agree with that!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I''d recycle this thread since people are talking about Vallejo916 and I didn''t want to hijack Cinnamon''s thread. If anyone has any new stones they received from him, or want to just continue the discussion, please post here.

Thanks!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL - this is very thoughtful! I was feeling awful polluting the other thread.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I've already posted about my morganite, but thought I'd include it here too, in case it helps anyone regarding this seller. The morganite is 8.3 x 8.3mm, and is really pale. I kept it because the faceting is just beautiful, but I'm in a quandry about how to set it. Hopefully, you can at least see the facets in the new pics I just took today.

vallejo916 morganite.JPG

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love the cutting on it. Send it over .. I have the perfect setting for it :razz:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the morganite precisely explains why I like Vallejo916. If color isn''t your top top top priority, you can get some nicely faceted gems for very little. Once in a while you can get "lucky" and get a really nice color too.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Charmy! What''s the setting? You have no idea how long I''ve been trolling eBay and other sites looking for possibilities. I''m begging you to enlighten me!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 1:29:51 PM
Author: cellentani
Charmy! What''s the setting? You have no idea how long I''ve been trolling eBay and other sites looking for possibilities. I''m begging you to enlighten me!
Believe it or not .. I have won about 5 or 6 settings on eBay over the past few weeks. I received 4 of them this week. The LOGR one has been stuck with UPS forever (I hate UPS). 3 others from China were very nice and I paid very little for them. Problem is that they forgot to resize the stone and one ring they forgot to reisze it totally so it is way too big for me.

Anyways, there is a setting that is similar to the Daniel K Rosebud setting but not as nice. I think it will be lovely for this stone.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Charmypoo- which sellers in China did you usee?

Also, has anybody noticed that all the Vallejo916 listings have been taken off? What have we done?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 1:56:37 PM
Author: SapphireLover

Also, has anybody noticed that all the Vallejo916 listings have been taken off? What have we done?
I still see his listings.

I have tried about 8 different sellers which ended up only being 2 different sellers! They all have multiple accounts.

I am waiting on my first LOGR setting to compare the quality to these other sellers. I hate UPS.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 1:56:37 PM
Author: SapphireLover

I just checked, and he''s relisted a few. I think most of his auctions from the past week ended yesterday. He usually takes a couple days to relist, so he''s quicker than usual this time around.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
all purchased from vallejo916

champagne zircon
5.91mm, 1.31ct
spessartite garnet
6mm, 1.06ct
tourmaline yellow/pink
6.25mm, .95ct
chrome green tourmaline
6mm, 1.2ct
set_053-.jpg
set_045-.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brandy I just love your photos. I think you really got some lovely stones from him!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 9:53:28 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Brandy I just love your photos. I think you really got some lovely stones from him!
Thanks SH!
9.gif

Here are vallejo''s pictures for reference.

3c4f_1.jpg
3f2d_1.jpg

11f8_1.jpg
620c_1.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Brandy - how do you like the star cut? Do you prefer that or the round brilliant? Any chance you could do a close-up side-by-side?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Oh you can really tell that spess is yummy - that looks like one of his better photos. I have a little chrome tourmaline coming similar to yours!
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 12:02:21 PM
Brandy - how do you like the star cut? Do you prefer that or the round brilliant? Any chance you could do a close-up side-by-side?
I really like the star cut. I can''t say that I prefer one cut over the other though. It''s different which is part of the reason why I wanted it but I have no other zircons to compare it to so I really can''t say that it''s a better choice. I wouldn''t feel like I was comparing apples to apples. Here''s an attempt at side-by-side. Hope it helps!
1.gif

vallejo916_054-.jpg
vallejo916_021-.jpg

vallejo916_043-.jpg
vallejo916_041-.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics Brandy! And I was just talking about comparing the different cuts, not the actual stone. I kinda like that star cut - it''s got 8 points, right? Very nice.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 2:37:17 PM
Thanks for the pics Brandy! And I was just talking about comparing the different cuts, not the actual stone. I kinda like that star cut - it''s got 8 points, right? Very nice.
You''re welcome. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My sinuses are killing me today, I''ll blame it on the fog I feel like I''m in.
14.gif

Yes it has 8 points and from what vallejo said it should fit into a 6 prong setting. It''s quite nice so I''d say get one.
9.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I received my tourmaline and it is a very interesting stone. Face up it is a pale peachy pink (almost colorless). Bottom up it is a light green with no signs of pink. It is as he described and it is cut very nicely (better than my other stones from him and comes very close to my Barry rounds). Overall, it is pretty much a colorless stone but I like it. I haven''t tried taking photos but I suspect it is one of those stones that can''t be captured in photos.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 2:05:12 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I received my tourmaline and it is a very interesting stone. Face up it is a pale peachy pink (almost colorless). Bottom up it is a light green with no signs of pink. It is as he described and it is cut very nicely (better than my other stones from him and comes very close to my Barry rounds). Overall, it is pretty much a colorless stone but I like it. I haven't tried taking photos but I suspect it is one of those stones that can't be captured in photos.
8.gif
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results