shape
carat
color
clarity

Vallejo916?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 2:05:12 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I received my tourmaline and it is a very interesting stone. Face up it is a pale peachy pink (almost colorless). Bottom up it is a light green with no signs of pink. It is as he described and it is cut very nicely (better than my other stones from him and comes very close to my Barry rounds). Overall, it is pretty much a colorless stone but I like it. I haven''t tried taking photos but I suspect it is one of those stones that can''t be captured in photos.
Charmy, do you have the vendor pic? I did see a few of his tourmalines that looked really pale, so I wondered how they would be IRL. Are you going to set it?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have no patience in taking photos. My sister and brother are both photographers (not professionally but extreme hobbiest) - they got all the artistic genes. Anyways, I tried and this is what I got. My camera was not able to capture the peachy pink but got the colorless pretty well :razz: The greens are also accurate.

Charmy-GreenPinkTourmaline2.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Oops! Sorry - I didn''t check size before posting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty funky stone to be a very pale pink with green flash.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 9:47:19 PM
Author: Chrono
Pretty funky stone to be a very pale pink with green flash.
Agreed. It''s not especially nice and doesn''t have strong color. It''s just a funky stone that''s a little strange. I am planning on keeping it since it''s kinda neat.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy,
That''s a nice stone to have in one''s funky tourmaline collection.
31.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I never meant to be a collector or a colored stone addict. I have no idea how I ended up with 4 cases of stones .. many of which will never be set. Starting today ... I must show restraint! I can only buy what I will set.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for those photos, Charmy. I never would have guessed the tourmaline was like that from his auction pic.

I''ve got a nearly colorless morganite from him (wait, make that 2), and I just ordered a custom LOGR for one of them. Feels kinda weird to spend $$ to set a gemstone w/ practically no color, but we''ll see how it turns out.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 11:46:12 AM
Author: D&T
so I was watching these two stones, didn''t really know if I wanted to bid or not... what do you think of them without any bids?

Aquamarine Six Ray

Kelly Green Tourmaline
The auctions are over now - did you end up getting them? I think I looked at that kelly green one as well.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 11:55:04 AM
Author: cellentani

Date: 6/1/2009 11:46:12 AM
so I was watching these two stones, didn''t really know if I wanted to bid or not... what do you think of them without any bids?

Aquamarine Six Ray

Kelly Green Tourmaline
The auctions are over now - did you end up getting them? I think I looked at that kelly green one as well.
nope, I really was debating, but I still need to focus on my reset... and procrastinating by buying gems so I don''t have to make a final decision is probably counter productive
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 12:02:11 PM
nope, I really was debating, but I still need to focus on my reset... and procrastinating by buying gems so I don''t have to make a final decision is probably counter productive
31.gif
You are too funny! I looked at his auctions too. But Harriet keeps talking about the quality gems she has and posting her wonderful photos of them...and I was thinking that rather than bid on one of his stones I should save the money for a setting or a QUALITY stone. HA HA

I''m glad I''m not alone in my restraint, or indecision.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His material hasn''t been the greatest lately, maybe his next rough shipment will prove to be more desirable, but it seems that good rough is hard to find these days, for many cutters, not just Bob. I defend him because precision cutting is very important to many PS''ers and his stones are a way to get a precision cut gem at an affordable price.

Top color in a precision cut gem is a bit more of a challenge to come by. I do have one fine color stone from Bob, and I''m very fortunate to have it. I wish/hope he can get some better material to cut, as I have mentioned to him some rough sources, but no response.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Bob mentioned he was getting some aquamarine rough, but it hadn''t arrived yet as of this past weekend. He''s probably sick of me - I keep bugging him.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you TL. I like his cuts, they do make the best of the stone, but, sometimes the stones just aren''t what you hoped for. I bought a green stepcut chrome tourmaline from him that really super dark, but it is well cut. When I can get a few minutes with some sunlight I''ll take a photo.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With no particular cutter or vendor in mind, I noticed that good quality coloured gemstones are getting harder to find. Pricing doesn''t seem to have budged an inch either.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results