shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on warmer stone

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
OMG, this is seriously stunning - ITS A K??!! OMG!! Now i totally regret not going even warmer, this was an amazing find! Seriously, i really love it!!! @peppermintpatty - AKA the other enabler on here (hahaha) told me I should do an OMC recut so i might just have to go for even warmer! It's like you said you really have to look at every video because it's hard to tell what tint it will have. Seriously amazing, i cant wait to see what you decide!

Thank you so much!!! I’m pretty stinkin’ excited!!! I have no idea where to start now on a setting! I should probably wait until I actually get it recut and see it in person but I have the patience of a toddler so that probably won’t happen :lol-2:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely! I have an L from Ritani and it's so interesting because the color isn't equally distributed throughout. It's like it has yellow pockets. Do you notice the same?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very interesting! It certainly looks warmer than a GIA K in your photos, but very nice, natural coloration. I’d love to see more pictures if you are inclined.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
YES to the Recut! I love color in a diamond.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Inked @peppermintpatty if yall do anymore projects I’m going to have FOMO and then go broke lol! :P2:lol-2:

@jaqjaqjaq lol my daughter is always having FOMO, I give her a hard time;-) I'm really going to be good until the marquise. Christmas would be the earliest! I was doing so good. I'm back sliding. I have to say having an OEC and a transitional is making me very happy! I'm available to enable you and @Inked if you'd like ;-)

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Looks lovely! I have an L from Ritani and it's so interesting because the color isn't equally distributed throughout. It's like it has yellow pockets. Do you notice the same?
Thank you! On a previous post, someone commented that there may be zoning based on the loupe 360 video. I can’t see it, not to the naked eye at least. Is yours visible to the naked eye?

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Very interesting! It certainly looks warmer than a GIA K in your photos, but very nice, natural coloration. I’d love to see more pictures if you are inclined.

I love it and I agree, it does look warmer than a GIA K which is actually what I wanted :) K was the warmest color I could find in the HPHT material. I’ve got another video but will have to take more pictures tomorrow when there’s better lighting.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq lol my daughter is always having FOMO, I give her a hard time;-) I'm really going to be good until the marquise. Christmas would be the earliest! I was doing so good. I'm back sliding. I have to say having an OEC and a transitional is making me very happy! I'm available to enable you and @Inked if you'd like ;-)

Lol awww your poor daughter! Whaaaaa we have to wait to see the marquise come to fruition until Christmas?! I don’t know if I can wait that long!!! Haha!!! Although I can see how you would be on cloud 9 with your OEC & TC! I’m going to need help figuring out the setting :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh you ladies making me wanna recut my RB J color!! Sheesh. I need to stay off of PS! Can they cut a RB into an OMC??

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love the stone the way it is but I'm sure a recut will be nice too!

I can't see the zoning with the naked eye but I feel like it makes it face up whiter. This is the stone for reference: https://www.ritani.com/products/2-3...-vs1-clarity-igi-lg584358451-sku-d-1bj15c6w4z

Here it is (bottom-most solitaire) with my I colored 5 stone and my O colored OEC (and my original e-ring with an heirloom diamond that's not been graded).

Attachments

• IMG_5502.jpeg
    IMG_5502.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 22

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it and I agree, it does look warmer than a GIA K which is actually what I wanted :) K was the warmest color I could find in the HPHT material. I’ve got another video but will have to take more pictures tomorrow when there’s better lighting.

Yes it’s reallly giving me MN vibes. I can see why it was hard to find, the lab material is all so white. Will be interesting to see if the labs start making more tinted material. I guess there would need to be demand!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Gosh you ladies making me wanna recut my RB J color!! Sheesh. I need to stay off of PS! Can they cut a RB into an OMC??

Hahaha I feel like I get myself into trouble every time I come here :D I’m not sure if they can BUT it can’t hurt to give them a call! Ashley was absolutely lovely and very responsive. Do it, do it, do it!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I love the stone the way it is but I'm sure a recut will be nice too!

I can't see the zoning with the naked eye but I feel like it makes it face up whiter. This is the stone for reference: https://www.ritani.com/products/2-3...-vs1-clarity-igi-lg584358451-sku-d-1bj15c6w4z

Here it is (bottom-most solitaire) with my I colored 5 stone and my O colored OEC (and my original e-ring with an heirloom diamond that's not been graded).

Thank you! According to the cutter it may end up making the stone a little whiter but I don’t feel like it presents white at all now so I’m wiling to take the risk.

I do see what you’re saying with your stone, it does face up a little white. Is that what you were hoping for or did you want more warmth? Either way it’s beautiful and your collection is lovely :)

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Yes it’s reallly giving me MN vibes. I can see why it was hard to find, the lab material is all so white. Will be interesting to see if the labs start making more tinted material. I guess there would need to be demand!

I took a few more pictures for you where you could see the warmth better.

I’ve actually been stalking this diamond for a few months. I came across it and found myself drawn to it immediately - the numbers fell into the ranges KimN told me to use as a guide. Since then I kept it as an open tab in my browser and told myself if it’s still there when I get my bonus it must be kismet.

IMG_1503.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1511.jpeg
    IMG_1511.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1512.jpeg
    IMG_1512.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 8

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Lol awww your poor daughter! Whaaaaa we have to wait to see the marquise come to fruition until Christmas?! I don’t know if I can wait that long!!! Haha!!! Although I can see how you would be on cloud 9 with your OEC & TC! I’m going to need help figuring out the setting :)

My poor daughter is having a moment as we speak! Poor girl! I make no promises about Christmas and the marquise. That would be the earliest. Maybe an antique moval!!! You have great taste, I will help if I can with regard to the setting. I have my concerns if I will be able to keep up. Just look at your 3 stone!!!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
My poor daughter is having a moment as we speak! Poor girl! I make no promises about Christmas and the marquise. That would be the earliest. Maybe an antique moval!!! You have great taste, I will help if I can with regard to the setting. I have my concerns if I will be able to keep up. Just look at your 3 stone!!!
Tell her to join PS for motivation lol! Ohhhhh an antique moval would be divine and would give me serious FOMO. Awwww, thank you so much! I do love my 3 stone and I sort of feel like I’m stepping out on her :D

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm loving the enabling in this thread, and I love that you decided to move forward with the recut! The K color is going to look fantastic as a transitional cut. Can't wait to see the outcome!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Ok team, I am having quite the dilemma! I spoke to Ashley about my warm stone and he said he could cut it to about a 10mm which would be the perfect size. BUT I also bought the transitional cut that Inked sold to Patty (LOL at least it changed PS hands) which measures around 9mm and faces up pretty white. I don’t need two TC stones (I didn’t need one, let’s be honest :D) so do I recut my warmer stone and list my Inked/Patty stone? Or keep the smaller, whiter stone? What do I do, fam?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Ok team, I am having quite the dilemma! I spoke to Ashley about my warm stone and he said he could cut it to about a 10mm which would be the perfect size. BUT I also bought the transitional cut that Inked sold to Patty (LOL at least it changed PS hands) which measures around 9mm and faces up pretty white. I don’t need two TC stones (I didn’t need one, let’s be honest :D) so do I recut my warmer stone and list my Inked/Patty stone? Or keep the smaller, whiter stone? What do I do, fam?

I hate to laugh, but I resonate so much with this type of dilemma. If keeping both isn't an option, cut the warmer stone and list the other one (because I love warm stones)

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I hate to laugh, but I resonate so much with this type of dilemma. If keeping both isn't an option, cut the warmer stone and list the other one (because I love warm stones)

I guess it’s the best kind of dilemma LOL! It’s not that keeping both wouldn’t be an option, I just don’t think I want two projects with TCs. Plus, I have a few projects lined up already this year…like that rhodalite garnet from Premier Auctions :D :D :D because I make horrible decisions!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaqjaqjaq If you love the cut of Inked’s stone and the color appeals to you, I agree cutting another tranny would be … excessive. However, if you love a warmer stone why not have him recut it and then decide which you love more? I’m kinda in the same boat. I have a J color RB that I would like to recut but I also have a beautiful OEC already so…:wall:

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq If you love the cut of Inked’s stone and the color appeals to you, I agree cutting another tranny would be … excessive. However, if you love a warmer stone why not have him recut it and then decide which you love more? I’m kinda in the same boat. I have a J color RB that I would like to recut but I also have a beautiful OEC already so…:wall:

Ohhhh this is not a bad idea! I do love a warmer stone, especially with a TC which is why I’m so torn. Plus the 10mm of the warmer stone would provide more finger coverage. Not to stoke the fire lol but…I think a J would be lovely recut :)

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq Is there any possibility that you would cut the K into and OEC instead of a TC? Then you'd have a bit more variation. Just trying to help;-) In the best possible way!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results