shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on warmer stone

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
So, I had the thread on the warmer stone removed last night, since it had a link to the stone, while waiting to see if Ritani had secured it. I asked Ritani to place a hold on it while I was waiting for approval from my wonderful PS family. Fast forward to today and I hadn’t heard back from them so I called and then also received an email. They had indeed placed it on hold and would price match but since the vendor put it on hold the stone was removed from the Loose Grown website and my link I sent them no longer worked so no price match. Then, the Ritani representative emailed me back saying “the price we have for our diamond is 3,320 just for reference” which is not how much the stone was yesterday when I asked them to hold it -_- (almost 1k more!) So now I am waiting to hear back what price they are trying to sell it to me at because I’m not paying that much more than I was originally willing to pay for it! Anyone else had to navigate through a similar scenario?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed for a good resolution! Maybe someone here to a screen shot of the Loose Grown price???

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Fingers crossed for a good resolution! Maybe someone here to a screen shot of the Loose Grown price???

I had screenshots but they wouldn’t take them - they said it had to be an active link :( I would have gladly paid the $2400 they had it for yesterday when I asked them to hold it. Hopefully this will still be a happy outcome - if not, it just means there is a better option waiting for me :)

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I’m so glad that I decided to pester them! After some back-and-forth, it turns out that I was correct about what the price should have been! They have somehow accidentally got my order and another customer mixed up. Still confirming that my stone is available since the mix-up…finger’s crossed! This is not the experience I normally have with Ritani :/

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I’m so glad that I decided to pester them! After some back-and-forth, it turns out that I was correct about what the price should have been! They have somehow accidentally got my order and another customer mixed up. Still confirming that my stone is available since the mix-up…finger’s crossed! This is not the experience I normally have with Ritani :/

Fingers crossed for you!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Fingers crossed for you!
Thank you, Kim!!! Hopefully this diamond will deliver if I do get it :) Watch it be a dud LOL

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic news!!!
Did they price match LooseGrownDiamond at $1600ish???

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
psadmin is it possible to restore jaqjaqjaq's deleted/removed thread now that the diamond has been confirmed purchased?

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic news!!!
Did they price match LooseGrownDiamond at $1600ish???

Nope! :/ They said that since the diamond was removed from the LGD website that they could no longer use the link to price match.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Nope! :/ They said that since the diamond was removed from the LGD website that they could no longer use the link to price match.

That's a bit of malarkey, but I still think that you're getting quite a nice price per carat!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
That's a bit of malarkey, but I still think that you're getting quite a nice price per carat!

I agree on both points! The vendor is in the process of moving locations so there will be a delay on shipping - mid March is when I should get the stone :) I will post it as soon as I get it though! And of course I always feel better when you and Kim weigh in ;-)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I agree on both points! The vendor is in the process of moving locations so there will be a delay on shipping - mid March is when I should get the stone :) I will post it as soon as I get it though! And of course I always feel better when you and Kim weigh in ;-)

It's a pleasure to help out and even more so seeing pictures and videos when you get them posted!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
She’s here!!! Here she is sitting next to my G colored stone almost near identical in size. I love the warmth in this stone and will hopefully get to a better spot outdoors with some shade where I can capture more videos/pictures. After getting bit by the transition cut bug (thanks @peppermintpatty & @Inked) I did reach out to Ashley at SWD to see what he thought. He said he could do a beautiful TC and keep it to about 10mm which is actually my sweet spot! I would absolutely love to see this warmer stone in a TC! Decisions, decisions!!! Thoughts?

IMG_1470.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpeg
    IMG_1471.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1474.jpeg
    IMG_1474.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 10

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did reach out to Ashley at SWD to see what he thought. He said he could do a beautiful TC and keep it to about 10mm which is actually my sweet spot! I would absolutely love to see this warmer stone in a TC! Decisions, decisions!!! Thoughts?

Yes, do it!!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq that color!!! That stone is just begging for a recut by Ashley! It will be even more fabulous as a transitional cut!!! That color is delicious and now you’re going to make me want a warmer color!!! Some day when I do my marquise it will have to be warm. Now, shall we talk settings ;-) I am thrilled for you, I love it. Can’t wait to hear what you decide. Would love to see more pictures, she’s so pretty!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to say your nails look beautiful! Love that color!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love the lower color of this stone!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
She’s here!!! Here she is sitting next to my G colored stone almost near identical in size. I love the warmth in this stone and will hopefully get to a better spot outdoors with some shade where I can capture more videos/pictures. After getting bit by the transition cut bug (thanks @peppermintpatty & @Inked) I did reach out to Ashley at SWD to see what he thought. He said he could do a beautiful TC and keep it to about 10mm which is actually my sweet spot! I would absolutely love to see this warmer stone in a TC! Decisions, decisions!!! Thoughts?

IMG_1470.jpeg

OMG I love this! I didnt see your prior thread, what color is this?? it looks slightly warm in the best way, OMG, love it!

I dont think you should ask me or @peppermintpatty about recuts, I feel like we're bad individually and worse together... hahahaha! OF COURSE i say go for the recut!!

I know jewelry is sooo personal and we all like different things, but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE old cuts! Just the way they are chunky and reflect pastels colors, the thing they do in the diffused light, the colors, the sparks, nothing comes close for me. I can appreciate the splintery MRB pattern, but i cant see myself ever owning one, it feels somehow cold to me. I just absolutely love the bigger facets, they just feel like home to me.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
@jaqjaqjaq that color!!! That stone is just begging for a recut by Ashley! It will be even more fabulous as a transitional cut!!! That color is delicious and now you’re going to make me want a warmer color!!! Some day when I do my marquise it will have to be warm. Now, shall we talk settings ;-) I am thrilled for you, I love it. Can’t wait to hear what you decide. Would love to see more pictures, she’s so pretty!

Thank you my friend!!! The color in person is WOW and I could not be happier! I think I am heavily leaning towards a recut now with everyone as my cheerleader lol! Well, now you have to get a warmer color!!! Oh gosh and now I have no idea on settings! I thought I did but I really needed to see it in person.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
OMG I love this! I didnt see your prior thread, what color is this?? it looks slightly warm in the best way, OMG, love it!

I dont think you should ask me or @peppermintpatty about recuts, I feel like we're bad individually and worse together... hahahaha! OF COURSE i say go for the recut!!

I know jewelry is sooo personal and we all like different things, but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE old cuts! Just the way they are chunky and reflect pastels colors, the thing they do in the diffused light, the colors, the sparks, nothing comes close for me. I can appreciate the splintery MRB pattern, but i cant see myself ever owning one, it feels somehow cold to me. I just absolutely love the bigger facets, they just feel like home to me.

Thank you =)2 The stone is a K - I’ll attach a link. It’s an SI1 but eye clean. It was really hard to find an HPHT K that didn’t look brown or grey so I wasn’t as picky on the clarity since it was eye clean.

I’m 98% positive I’m going to go the recut route now, especially after seeing your latest stone which is GORGEOUS btw!

I agree, I too love older cuts. The ring I had when married to my first husband was a sweet little piece from the 20s. After we divorced I wanted nothing to do with anything antique but I’ve come back around and found myself loving the older pieces all over again. I miss the chunky, bold patterns of the older cuts!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the color and think it would be a really great choice to go for an chunkier, old-style cut especially since you already have a modern RB cut.

Is it IGI? And what lab graded the G? It looks like a GIA level MN or OP to me, not a K based just on those videos. Do you have any pics comparing from the side? It doesn’t matter at all, it’s lovely and the stone is totally a keeper, it’s just interesting to think about color grading is all.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I love the color and think it would be a really great choice to go for an chunkier, old-style cut especially since you already have a modern RB cut.

Is it IGI? And what lab graded the G? It looks like a GIA level MN or OP to me, not a K based just on those videos. Do you have any pics comparing from the side? It doesn’t matter at all, it’s lovely and the stone is totally a keeper, it’s just interesting to think about color grading is all.

Thank you =)2

The top stone, is actually graded an F, by the IGI (I’ll attach the cert). The new stone was graded K also by the IGI. I’ll attach two more pictures of each stone. I’ll try to get side-by-sides a little later today.
IMG_6215.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7392.jpeg
    IMG_7392.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1483.jpeg
    IMG_1483.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 16

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you =)2 The stone is a K - I’ll attach a link. It’s an SI1 but eye clean. It was really hard to find an HPHT K that didn’t look brown or grey so I wasn’t as picky on the clarity since it was eye clean.

I’m 98% positive I’m going to go the recut route now, especially after seeing your latest stone which is GORGEOUS btw!

I agree, I too love older cuts. The ring I had when married to my first husband was a sweet little piece from the 20s. After we divorced I wanted nothing to do with anything antique but I’ve come back around and found myself loving the older pieces all over again. I miss the chunky, bold patterns of the older cuts!

OMG, this is seriously stunning - ITS A K??!! OMG!! Now i totally regret not going even warmer, this was an amazing find! Seriously, i really love it!!! @peppermintpatty - AKA the other enabler on here (hahaha) told me I should do an OMC recut so i might just have to go for even warmer! It's like you said you really have to look at every video because it's hard to tell what tint it will have. Seriously amazing, i cant wait to see what you decide!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results