shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual, true personal facts about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 6:10:29 PM
Author: tlh
Something unusual about me....
well after reading all of yours... I am completely ORDINARY!
9.gif

so... nothing to report!
35.gif
*scootching next to tlh* Me too.
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 7:28:31 PM
Author: Ellen

9.gif

so... nothing to report!
35.gif
5.gif
That is what I was thinking about myself except one thing, one hip is higher then the other.
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 7:40:17 PM
Author: Skippy123

9.gif

so... nothing to report!
35.gif
5.gif
That is what I was thinking about myself except one thing, one hip is higher then the other.
41.gif
lol My left foot is slightly longer than my right. But, I think these things are fairly normal...
9.gif

niccia

Shiny_Rock
SparklyLibra, please tell us more about your angel story!

My mum swears she and my dad met two angels. They were on a ferry with their two babies (my older siblings) and this couple smiled over at them, and my mum said she felt really peaceful when she looked at them. She never forgot seeing them, and then a few months later they ran into them again on the same ferry trip to Victoria BC. This time my mum said hello and the couple invited them to share a table. So they sat and talked the whole trip and at the end, the couple gave my parents their telephone number and told them to call them so they could get together again. When they left, my mum told my dad that she felt like they were angels, there was just something really odd about the situation, and my dad laughed it off. But sure enough, my mum tried the number a couple days later and it wouldn''t work. So my dad tried to find a listing for the company that they said they owned and it didn''t exist either. My mum also saw a house once while driving past and told my dad that she had a really strange feeling about that house and that they were meant to know the people who lived there. A few months later, my mum saw an ad in the paper for a washer/dryer and knew immediately that it was the number for the couple at that house (the ad made no mention of this and was a number in a town with many people). The lady was astonished when she started to explain where she lived and my mum was able to tell her she already knew. Long story short, my parents bought the washer/dryer and the couple were present at my birth a few months later, and remained lifelong friends with our family. They were just like grandparents to us kids.

I love this thread too. It has taken a bit of a different direction than where it started, so I apologize if this is a threadjack !

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

5.gif
41.gif
[/quote]

Yay!!! I have something in common with Skippy! My right hip is higher than my left. Do you have weird back pain - or sciatica?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 9:40:15 PM
Author: LAJennifer

35.gif

5.gif

Yay!!! I have something in common with Skippy! My right hip is higher than my left. Do you have weird back pain - or sciatica?

LAJENNIFER, I laughed to the yay part! Glad we share something. hehee
9.gif
I think we have more in common though, maybe? hehe

I do have sciatica on one side (not too bad though); I try to do things to help it through stretching. It always feels like it needs to crack; does yours feel that way?? How about you?? I saw it on an xray and my doctor asked if it bothered me that is how I found out.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:17:17 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 2/27/2009 11:13:19 PM
Author: Kelli
My teeth didn''t-- and still don''t-- fall out on their own. I only lost a few teeth as a child but have had over 14 teeth either pulled or surgically removed. And I STILL have some baby molars. I''m 27.

Me, too, Kelli! It was so bad that my parents said the tooth fairy wrote them a letter and to offer me $10 for every tooth that I pulled out on my own. (It was cheaper than having the dentist pull them!) It didn''t work, I couldn''t pull them out, and I ended up having 12 teeth pulled total.

I don''t have baby molars, but I did just start getting my wisdom teeth in, and I''m 28.
I just got my wisdom teeth out not long ago!

My baby teeth were of course all very expensive surgeries where they put me under and pulled several at a time. Apparently they were too far into my gums or something to just pull. FUN!!
20.gif
1.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 9:50:49 PM
Date: 2/28/2009 9:40:15 PM

35.gif

5.gif

LAJENNIFER, I laughed to the yay part! Glad we share something. hehee
9.gif
I think we have more in common though, maybe? hehe

I do have sciatica on one side (not too bad though); I try to do things to help it through stretching. It always feels like it needs to crack; does yours feel that way?? How about you?? I saw it on an xray and my doctor asked if it bothered me that is how I found out.
9.gif

Skippy - I'm sure we have lots in common, but that is pretty unique. My sciatica gets aggravated when I wear different shoes. Also, in college and for a few years after college, I did a lot of musical theatre - and it would so bad, from dancing on stage everyday, that I would actually get a big bruise on my lower right back (right above my hip). Now, I try to wear flats as much as possible. Yes, it feels like it needs to crack. That's funny that you saw it on an X-Ray. I had a bone scan once and actually saw my entire skeleton on a computer screen - that was freaky (in a good way).

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am LOVING this thread! You guys are all so interesting!
36.gif

OK, here is everything unusual about me that I can think of at the moment:

1. Add me to the O- blood type club!
9.gif

2. Before I was born, my parents lived in a haunted house. A VERY haunted house!
32.gif

3. The house I lived in with my XH was also haunted (but not nearly as haunted as the house my parents lived in before I was born).

4. I sometimes know things that I can''t possibly know. I hesitate to call myself "psychic" because it''s not something I can control . . . it just happens sometimes. All of the women on my Mom''s side of the family have this same ability. All of us are also extremely sensitive to "presences."

5. My Pappy died when I was 15 years old, but he has visited various members of my family (myself included) several times since.

6. I died once, but just for a few seconds . . . I guess I decided I didn''t like it!
2.gif

7. I have spoken to a death row inmate on the phone, more than once.

8. Broccoli is one of my all-time favorite foods. My Mom was always just "meh" about broccoli until she got pregnant with me. Then she suddenly couldn''t get enough of it . . . she craved it ALL the time!
18.gif

9. I competed in the Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee in Washington, DC when I was in 8th grade.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 7:50:45 PM

9.gif

so... nothing to report!
35.gif
5.gif
41.gif
lol My left foot is slightly longer than my right. But, I think these things are fairly normal...
9.gif
Yes, that would be scraping the pot to come up with something! Ha! Don''t feel bad. . . I''m reading through all of this thinking I''m just too normal! I''ve lost people and pets and no one has ever communicated with me. I can''t remember my baby blanket and I haven''t fallen off of anything higher than our deck steps which are three high.

Boring. Sorry!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:15:31 PM

9.gif

Skippy - I'm sure we have lots in common, but that is pretty unique. My sciatica gets aggravated when I wear different shoes. Also, in college and for a few years after college, I did a lot of musical theatre - and it would so bad, from dancing on stage everyday, that I would actually get a big bruise on my lower right back (right above my hip). Now, I try to wear flats as much as possible. Yes, it feels like it needs to crack. That's funny that you saw it on an X-Ray. I had a bone scan once and actually saw my entire skeleton on a computer screen - that was freaky (in a good way).
I can't wear high heels too often or it hurts. That is so cool you did musical theatre!! Oh no, I never had a bruise; I am sorry that would happen to you. The constant feeling of wanting to crack my hip gets a bit annoying; sometimes I sprint up hills and that helps a little and another weird thing I will do is walk on something that is a little higher (like a driveway) on the left foot and that helps me crack my hip. We should start a hip support group. hehe Wow, that is cool that you could see your entire skeleton, that would be freaky. Do you notice what helps you? I notice a lot of the sciatica stretches helps me some.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 6:49:36 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
32.gif
Wow! Talk about some scary stories!

I remembered that a long time ago, like when I was in preschool/kindergarten my parents lived in this house that was haunted. My mom and I both clearly remember seeing the girl and we also remember hearing a ball bouncing in the upstairs hallway.

The house that was next door to me and DH''s rental house was owned and lived in by DH''s great uncle. Everyone in the family has had strange things happen to them while they were visiting. We kept an eye on the house after DH''s uncle died and lights would turn on and off by themselves and you could see a dark figure in one of the upstairs windows. EEK
32.gif

I don''t think I''ve ever had an out-of-body experience, but there have been a few times when I''ve awoken from sleep and have been unable to move my body, all the while feeling sort of strange. I don''t know what this is but it freaks we out when it does happen. I''ve always attributed it to just being very tired and still halfway asleep.

Other strange things about me:

1. I do not eat any type of fish. I only like my own tuna noodle cassarole and I will only eat shrimp from Red Lobster. Any other kind of fish makes me want to barf.

2. My hair is naturally platinum blonde and so is my sister''s - although we''ve both gotten darker with age.

3. I''ve only had one dental cavity in my entire life.

4. I was on the mock trial team while in college and made a witness cry on the stand at a competition.

5. I cannot whistle to save my life.
Look up sleep paralysis! It''s a quite simple thing, but man it''s scary when accompanied by a nightmare!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
1. When I was growing up in Okinawa, I was very close to my grandmother. I moved to the States when I was 14 and have not communicated that much with any of my family in there. But a few years ago I woke up and knew that she had passed on. I received a phone call from a family member that lives in the states a couple of days later and she told me that my dear Obachan had passed away and it was exactly the same day that I had that feeling.

2. I was in a bank when it was robbed.

3. One night when I was living in S.Florida, I went around checking the doors and windows to make sure it was locked numerous times. Something just told me there was something evil outside the door. The next moring someone had stollen our car.
23.gif

4. The first time I met my husband (when I was 17), I knew he "was the one". We dated when we were both in the 20''s, than went our separate ways. We reunited 5 years ago and have been married now for 4 years.
9.gif

5. When I was little, my mother and her sister took me for a walk in the farmlands and when we came around the bend there was a young school boy (high school) hanging on a fence by the neck. Apparently he did not pass some kind of a test and didn''t want to bring embarrassment to the family so he decided to commit suicide.

6. I have never met my biological father nor do I know anything about him.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 10:32:47 AM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 2/28/2009 1:20:10 AM
Author: luvmyhalo
WOW! You are a fascinating group of people! All the stories of ghosts and angels have given be serious chills!!!

Here are a couple of mine...

1. I lived on a boat sailing the Mediterranean Sea for 2 months
2. I can eat an insane amount of chips and queso in one sitting
3. I have a heart shaped uterus

Okay, at first I was like ''Wow, she lived on a boat!'' until I saw your heart shaped uterus fact! Now THAT is interesting!
3.gif
A heart like a cartoon heart, right? Very interesting! And how could they tell? (Okay, feel free to not answer that if it''s over the line!)
I had never heard of having a heart shaped uterus until I had my daughter.

I went into labor a month early and after pushing for 3 hours, they finally said I would have to have a C-Section. Right after having her, the doctor told me that I had a heart shaped uterus and that I would have to have C-Sections if I wanted anymore children.

I did some research and it does mean that it is literally shaped like a heart. It''s probably why she came early (she ran out of room in that funky shape!) and it''s why I couldn''t have her via normal delivery.
I tell her that she was reeeeeally grown with love.
30.gif

This thread is so interesting! Y''all are such amazing people! I think I''ve said "Wow!" and "OMG" out loud about 50 times!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmmm storm is so strange he don't know where to start.
lol

lets see:
I had more different jobs before the age of 18 than most people will have in a lifetime. Most of which are today illegal for someone under 18 to do due to risk of injury.

I have arrested 3 people for crimes.

I have spent 3-7 days in the woods by myself with noting but a knife, water purifier, and a lighter/matches several times.

The biggest fish I ever caught I caught with my hands

Have saved someone from drowning twice

Have put out a bunch of fires before the fire dept. could get there.

Have been a firearms instructor.

Have taught several 6 year old kids to shoot. Youngest was 5.

The house I grew up in was haunted by a ghost named Goarge. (yes that is how his name is spelled)

That's a good start to a very long list lol

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:46:21 PM
Author: niccia
Kelli, your story freaked me out
6.gif
I have heard psychics say that the souls of misscarried babies can come back /stay around people.

Along the same line, my mum is very intuative, but not neccassarily psychic. She has stopped my dad and her children from getting into car accidents a couple times now by knowing what was about to happen minutes before it did and having us pull over to the side of the road. Both times a car suddenly came carreening (sp?) out of nowhere and crashed. She also knew the moment my sister went into labour. She gets it from her grandmother. The only other person I know who has seen a ghost is my brother, who, like Kelli''s dad, is very practical and not really into these things. He was house-sitting for a friend, and fell asleep on the couch. He woke up in the middle of the night to find a little girl standing outside the window watching him. He kind of stared at her for a moment and then suddenly realized that he was on the second floor of the house and quite high up and there was nothing below her. He leapt up towards the window and she just vanished. He told my mum the next morning and was pretty shaken by the whole thing. I would have died of a heart attack on the spot.
23.gif

That''s cool! I''ve never heard that before about miscarried children but it''s good to know there are people who wouldn''t think we''re crazy!

And I would have had a heart attack too! That''s crazy! Most of my weird things happened in my sleep. I had a lot of sleep issues as a kid.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-you guys are so interesting! I feel so boring and plain!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You guys are so fascinating! Gecko, I''m so sorry you had to go through something like that, but I''m glad you had an angel to bring you some peace.

Haven, your dad is really sweet. Mine is like that too and it''s the best thing!

I''ve never had an out of body experience, but it sounds really incredible, if you can get past the "freakyness" of it!

You goys have to coolest stories, but I''m glad I didn''t experience some of them. Too scary
32.gif

BTW sorry if I freaked anyone out with my ghost stories! It''s funny how moving out of that house has changed me and my sleeping habits!

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
i''ve found this thread fascinating so i thougth i''d join in..

1. i am ambidextrous
2. in college, i played tennis with a "little person"(don''t want to offend and am not sure of appropriate terminology)
3. i''ve broken both of my ankles
4. my brother is in prison
5. my brother-in-law was in prison(same crime)
6. i have no middle name, so all five of my children have ''em
7. i ALWAYS know what time it is, within a minute or two-it freaks my 20 yr old out
8. tom jones invited me backstage after one of his concerts(i was college-age and with my mom; did not go)
9. my hubby and i are both cancer survivors
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm..I guess I can contribute that I''ve been in a haunted house before. We used to party at the house of a State Senator, and I had a spooky experience when I was alone there once. Made sure to never be alone after that. After the Senator died, a bunch of my friends lived in the house for a while, and eventually they all slept in the living room, and no one was ever alone in the house. Even my big huge gun toting husband doesn''t like to talk about the stuff that happened there!

I met my husband 16 years ago when he became friends w/my brother..we''ve been best friends ever since..decided to be "friends with benefits" 9 years ago..and have now been married for 7 years.

I LOVE the pain of tattoos.

My first love/boyfriend looked like Johnny Depp. My husband was born on Johnny Depp''s birthday. And he likes to stomp on my Captain Jack blanket.

LGK

Ideal_Rock

Some of these are really facinating!

1. I have a cousin/sister- she''s my cousin by blood and my sister by marriage, which sounds a lot more scandalous than it is; we always wanted to be sisters, we grew up very very close and were best friends in highschool and college (and still are actually), and then our parents got married and we were actually sisters. We look exactly opposite but have a matching unusual birth mark, which my father also had.

2. My father tried to kill me when I was 15, in a crowded mall.

3. I jumped off a bridge once at age 18, 80 feet down into a river... right as I was debating jumping or not, a cop pulled up and screamed in my ear to not jump, which freaked me out and made me fall, and I landed totally wrong. (Bridge jumping was a hugely favorite passtime of teenagers where I grew up- this wasn''t a suicide attempt no matter how weird it sounds, I promise... just monumentally stupid- and yet not the dumbest thing I did at that age by a long shot.) Cop was not amused when I got out of the water, but since I''d landed wrong and broken every capillary in my butt and legs, he just rolled his eyes and told me I''d learned my lesson already, rather than arresting me. Couldn''t sit for a week.

4. I avoided a car accident last year very oddly. I was first in line at a red light, waiting to turn onto a busy highway. My light turned green, and though I was looking right at it and knew it had turned, I just didn''t go. I waited for a bit, maybe five or ten seconds or less, just sitting at the green light, and then this car flew through the intersection going 60, running the red light without even braking at all. If I''d gone, they would have slammed right into my driver''s side and probably killed me in my little Geo. I''ve never known exactly why I didn''t go at the green light- I don''t remember thinking anything in particular, I just couldn''t make my foot go down onto the accelerator.

5. When I was a really young kid, under the age of 5, my very favorite thing was a pet lima bean I had, which I named Ima Lima. I would make my dad kiss Ima Lima before bed, and I''d sleep with it. I could pick my pet lima bean out of a pile of others- I remember it had a face (!!) I think my mom still has Ima Lima somewhere- she saved everything else!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to add a special bonus #6, because I am that bored tonight. I was in a riot once with my husband, the WTO riots in Seattle ten years ago. We both got tear gassed, but DH got it the worst. It was a very, very surreal experience; I remember watching a bunch of kids crawling all over the front of Nike Town, prying the metal sign off the roof and throwing it down, and we also nearly got rubber bulleted, but a kid on top of a streetsign got shot in the head instead. Ouch. He bled. A lot.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 11:36:09 PM
Author: strmrdr
hmmmmm storm is so strange he don't know where to start.
lol

lets see:
I had more different jobs before the age of 18 than most people will have in a lifetime. Most of which are today illegal for someone under 18 to do due to risk of injury.

I have spent 3-7 days in the woods by myself with noting but a knife, water purifier, and a lighter/matches several times.

The house I grew up in was haunted by a ghost named Goarge. (yes that is how his name is spelled)

That's a good start to a very long list lol
Ok, I'll bite. How do you know this??

MGR's, lol @ scraping the barrel!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 8:10:35 AM

Date: 2/28/2009 11:36:09 PM
hmmmmm storm is so strange he don''t know where to start.
lol

lets see:

That''s a good start to a very long list lol
Ok, I''ll bite. How do you know this??

MGR''s, lol @ scraping the barrel!
9.gif
* CHOMP*
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
face20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ok, I'll bite. How do you know this??
We went on vacation for 2 weeks and when we got home the basement had a bunch of stuff moved and "goarge" was written on the chalk board of the toy chest.
There had been no one in the basement the whole time.
The only people who came into the house were the neighbors to feed the fish and water the plants every day and they didn't go downstairs.
Weird things happened in the house when we were not home for 2-3 days almost every time.
One time we came home and all the coffee cups were lined up on the table in a row.
That was the only time it was upstairs otherwise it was always downstairs that stuff happened.
All of our dogs except one absolutely refused to go downstairs and the cats would sit at the door and hiss.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 8:42:00 AM

We went on vacation for 2 weeks and when we got home the basement had a bunch of stuff moved and ''goarge'' was written on the chalk board of the toy chest.
The only people who came into the house were the neighbors to feed the fish and water the plants every day and they didn''t go downstairs.
Weird things happened in the house when we were not home for 2-3 days almost every time.
One time we came home and all the coffee cups were lined up on the table in a row.
That was the only time it was upstairs otherwise it was always downstairs that stuff happened.
All of our dogs except one absolutely refused to go downstairs and the cats would sit at the door and hiss.
Wow!!!
32.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 8:42:00 AM

We went on vacation for 2 weeks and when we got home the basement had a bunch of stuff moved and ''goarge'' was written on the chalk board of the toy chest.
The only people who came into the house were the neighbors to feed the fish and water the plants every day and they didn''t go downstairs.
Holy chit.
23.gif

How long did you guys live in this house? And WHY?? lol

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I find this paranormal stuff absolutely facinating. Someone should start a thread just on this stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results