shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual, true personal facts about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 8:24:16 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 3/1/2009 11:10:32 PM

Author: Deelight

Ellen Do you live near the Amyitiville house?

strm that is so creepy, your friends ghost is even creepier.

Definitely, Maybe How does your Aunt still live there? FREAK OUT
No, I live in IL. And I''m glad I don''t.
23.gif

I am glad you don''t either I have read all the books that crap is creeeeeeeeeeeepy.

Maisie, I am so glad that noise woke you up whatever it was.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 9:08:02 AM

Date: 3/2/2009 9:04:27 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 3/2/2009 8:59:26 AM
Author: Maisie
oooh all these ghostie stories are scary. Maybe we should start a thread dedicated to them. I would only read during daylight hours of course!

I have remembered another thing but its not as exciting as the ghost stuff!

When my daughter was around 3 years old she had a really bad cold. I was keeping a very close eye on her because she''d had pneumonia as a baby. One night I was fast asleep and somewhere in the distance I heard a clanging noise. Like two metal pipes being hit off each other. It got louder and louder till it woke me up. It was right outside my window. I got up and looked outside and suddenly the noise stopped. There was nobody out there. The street was empty. It was then that I became aware that my son was really struggling to breathe in the next room. I ran in and he was totally blue and almost unconscious. I dread to think what would have happened if that noise hadn''t woken me up. We got him an ambulance and he spent time in hospital. For some reason his airways had swelled up so much he couldn''t breathe. Probably some sort of virus the doctors said.
Wow, Maisie! Thank God you woke up!
6.gif
No kidding. Wonder who/what made that noise....
5.gif
Well I am thinking God woke me up to be honest. I never expected my son to get sick - I was too busy focusing on my daughter. Sam was only 8 months old at the time and it was terrifying. I just didn''t see it coming.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

oooh all these ghostie stories are scary. Maybe we should start a thread dedicated to them. I would only read during daylight hours of course!

When my daughter was around 3 years old she had a really bad cold. I was keeping a very close eye on her because she''d had pneumonia as a baby. One night I was fast asleep and somewhere in the distance I heard a clanging noise. Like two metal pipes being hit off each other. It got louder and louder till it woke me up. It was right outside my window. I got up and looked outside and suddenly the noise stopped. There was nobody out there. The street was empty. It was then that I became aware that my son was really struggling to breathe in the next room. I ran in and he was totally blue and almost unconscious. I dread to think what would have happened if that noise hadn''t woken me up. We got him an ambulance and he spent time in hospital. For some reason his airways had swelled up so much he couldn''t breathe. Probably some sort of virus the doctors said.
6.gif
For REAL!! How scary!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 4:45:40 AM
What a fun thread.

I have been on the front page of every UK national newspaper, including having my photo on the front page of The Times.

Strangulation, hanging or anything similar terrifies me. I can''t watch anything on tv connected with them. I have no idea why.

When I lived in Germany I was wide awake one night and I saw an old woman floating through the air towards my bed.

I also had a scary experience when I was about 25. I was in my bed alone and I felt someone sit on my bed. I opened my eyes and there was a man sitting there. I gasped and shut my eyes, when I opened them he was gone.
how come you were in the papers Maisie?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was a witness in a court case and the victim couldn''t be named. Because I was a central part of the case I was photographed over and over again. It was awful and I hated every minute of it. I actually had the papers chasing me around trying to get an interview. I am glad I am not a celebrity. I only had to deal with it for a few weeks. I don''t know how they cope all the time.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
1) My IQ on multiple tests is approx 147
2) I was bit by a Copperhead at 15
3) Mushroom allergy
4) I often have premonitions and "feelings" that come true.
5) I am a complete chocoholic...seriously I think I could hurt someone over the last square hahah
6) I carry a gun

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Love this post!
No ghost stories for me but I find everyone else's absolutely facinating!

1) The first time I was stung by a bee I was five years old, got swarmed and stung 9 times, then found out I was allergic, go figure.

2) I almost drowned when I was around 6 years old. Mom saved my life.

3) I have two surgically fused joints (left ankle and left wrist) and one fake joint (right wrist implant) all due to rheumatoid arthritis.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:55:06 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
3) Mushroom allergy
4) I often have premonitions and ''feelings'' that come true.
5) I am a complete chocoholic...seriously I think I could hurt someone over the last square hahah
6) I carry a gun
runawaysad.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 12:35:31 PM

3) Mushroom allergy
6) I carry a gun
runawaysad.gif
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-aaaaa! That''s so funny, Maisie!!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 12:39:44 PM
Author: dianne

3) Mushroom allergy
6) I carry a gun
runawaysad.gif
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-aaaaa! That''s so funny, Maisie!!
I''m not laughing.

2.gif
10.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only read part and have to finish the rest as this is fascinating but here are mine

- I''ve had many many ghost experiences and am pretty sure my great grandmother AND my first personal dog are my ghosts/guardian angels

- I''ve fallen off of horses many times and have yet to break anything

- I can palpate a mare and tell if she''s preggo and I can hand breed horses and have done so on a regular basis

- I have dejavu a lot

- I''ve worked for a platinum recording band

- My family name is mentioned in the yearling by Marjorie Keenan Rawlings

- I can tell you a good bit about just about any horse''s pedigree

- I own More John Deere Hats than anyone I know

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 2:12:38 PM

Date: 3/2/2009 12:39:44 PM
Author: dianne

3) Mushroom allergy
4) I often have premonitions and 'feelings' that come true.
6) I carry a gun
runawaysad.gif
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-aaaaa! That's so funny, Maisie!!
I'm not laughing.

2.gif
10.gif
Uh Oh
23.gif

Quick! Administer chocolate for IWPO...STAT!!!
9.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Maisie
TOO FUNNY

I wanted to add, I had a cat once who was seriously my great grandmother''s cat reincarnated. She was the same color with the same markings, the same name (thanks to me) and the same personality. My great grandmother''s only trusted her, and mine only trusted me. I think my great grandmother (who is my ghost/guardian angel) made her come back to watch over me during a very very trying time in my life (my ex) because as soon as I found my new boyfriend (who is my future fiancee) she disappeared....

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Is it unusual that..... I REALLY enjoy farting? I actually say "ahhhh" after I fart... like someone who just took a drink of a tastey beverage... no I dont enjoy the smell or anything gross... but wowzers... sometimes it just is a huge sigh of relief.
23.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 4:55:28 PM
Author: tlh
Is it unusual that..... I REALLY enjoy farting? I actually say ''ahhhh'' after I fart... like someone who just took a drink of a tastey beverage... no I dont enjoy the smell or anything gross... but wowzers... sometimes it just is a huge sigh of relief.
23.gif
Oh, tlh, you crack me up.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
- I was dating a man who told me that he did not think he was going to have chilldren because he had the feeling he was going to die young. We dated for a couple years. We eventually mutually broke up ( due to lack of commitment and long distance relationship ).
Two months after we split, his brother called me and told me he was murdered.

- I will think of random thoughts or people and I hear from them the next day. This usually happens with people I have not heard from in a long while.. This will also happen several times ( with different people or situations) in the same week

- I have had the feeling of outer body travel - felt like I was floating around the house but my body was still lying in bed
- I have never been stung by a bee, or broken any bones.
- I have had dreams of my grandparents ( who have passed ) and tell them in my dream I know they are no longer
living.. I always feel like they are trying to communicate with me.. or trying to tell me something. In my dream I always try to communicate this to my Mother but she always tells me that it is not happening. They appear like they are alive in my dreams, but I am the only one that can see them.. But in "real life" my Mom believes in this type of thing..

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:22:28 AM

Date: 3/2/2009 9:08:02 AM

6.gif
No kidding. Wonder who/what made that noise....
5.gif
Well I am thinking God woke me up to be honest. I never expected my son to get sick - I was too busy focusing on my daughter. Sam was only 8 months old at the time and it was terrifying. I just didn''t see it coming.
OMG, every hair on my body just stood up! Wow!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 4:55:28 PM
Author: tlh
Is it unusual that..... I REALLY enjoy farting? I actually say ''ahhhh'' after I fart... like someone who just took a drink of a tastey beverage... no I dont enjoy the smell or anything gross... but wowzers... sometimes it just is a huge sigh of relief.
23.gif
The comedian Ron White has a line in his stand-up: "Did you ever take a crap so big your pants fit better afterwards? I figure I''m just a giant turd away from fitting into my old wardrobe!" Of course, we can all relate. But . . . .

While there is something -- uh, comforting perhaps -- about releasing some pent up air, I''m not sure I''d be brave enough to admit to anyone but my nearest and dearest.
9.gif
Hats off to you for being so brave.
3.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve got one! Once when I was around 15, I was standing in the hallway infront of my bookshelf taking out some textbooks to study. All of a sudden, I felt a gentle push and I thought my mum was coming through with tea. So I went a few steps forward to let her pass, and the ENTIRE CEILING behind me comes crashing down. My mum was still in the kitchen making tea. There was NO ONE behind me.
32.gif

Whoever it was that pushed me, it sure as hell saved my life.
24.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 8:43:55 PM
Author: kama_s
I''ve got one! Once when I was around 15, I was standing in the hallway infront of my bookshelf taking out some textbooks to study. All of a sudden, I felt a gentle push and I thought my mum was coming through with tea. So I went a few steps forward to let her pass, and the ENTIRE CEILING behind me comes crashing down. My mum was still in the kitchen making tea. There was NO ONE behind me.
32.gif

Whoever it was that pushed me, it sure as hell saved my life.
24.gif
W.O.W.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a fun (and creepy) thread! I''ve been reading for a good 30 minutes and you are all so interesting:

I''ll play:

- I, too, am in the O- club (maybe it causes jewelry obsession?
- I believe in mind over matter, especially in cases of illness and body stuff. When everyone around me is contagious, I say- out loud-"I will not get sick".
- I have a highly attuned sense of smell and often can remember things by relating them to smells, like where I met someone, what I was doing years ago when I first smelled something, etc.
- I can fall asleep within seconds of hitting the pillow and I can sometimes direct my dreams. I''ll think "this is getting too scary" and change the dream.
- I''ve never broken a bone and until childbirth had never had stitches.
- I once had to be restrained by friends in a bar because I got in a fight with a guy over a chimpanzee.
- I''m easily hypnotized.
- Like Mochi, I married someone I met at 17. We dated off and on, moved to different countries and cities, and eventually married when I was 25. We''ve been married almost 19 years.
- I can''t carry a tune in a bucket but in my family when something comes up in conversation that reminds someone of a song, we will all break out into a group sing-a-long.
- I think one of the secrets to happiness is to find pleasure in the little things

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I wanna play!

Add me to the O- group as well.

I''ve had to have every one of my teeth pulled but two.

I''m also immune to Novocain... my parents didn''t believe me until the last four teeth, when I was 15

I''m an expert marksman with both a rifle and a shotgun

I have halter broken an 800 pound cow, who ran me over in the process

I''ve raised and slaughtered chickens, and might I add that I was raised in a city... far from livestock of any sort.

I''ve routinely performed in front of crowds of over 80.000 fans, and been on tv several times because of it

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool thread! I''m pretty boring, really
9.gif
But anyway:

- I''ve never had a filling/cavity/dental work apart from annual checkups

- I''ve never broken a bone

- I have very strong fingernails that I can grow to any length, and are always mistaken for fakes!
37.gif

- I''ve done that ''power of the mind'' trick where you life a person''s entire body weight with your fingertips... six of us tried it at school camp once after one girl read about it somewhere. We had a few tries at it with no success, and were about to give up thinking it was all just a joke. One girl lay flat on her back with two of us kneeling on either side of her, and we each had our index and middle fingers under her back. We all closed our eyes, and a sixth girl told the story of a little girl who falls off her swing and passes away, and we had to concentrate really hard and picture the story the whole time. As the part of the story came where she floats to heaven, we lifted our hands, and the objective was to raise the lying girl up in the air with just the 16 fingertips. We lifted her with the tips of our fingers like she was make of nothing, I swear she floated!! We ran screaming from the cabin totally petrified!!!
32.gif
Also, part of the story said that the little girl was covered in bruises... the next day we were all bruised from head to toe! I maintain that was because we all tried to race and squeeze through the doorway at the same time from the terror
9.gif
At the time and at age 13 it was really, really scary!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I have more!!

- When I was younger, we lived on a 70 foot boat for about 3 years in the Pacifics. We went to numerous islands and did alot of fishing. I hated the fact that I was so different from other kids at school. I so wanted to live in a house like normal family.

- I witnessed a teenager drown when I was a child. It was awful. A old fisherman worked on that boy for about an hour trying to resusitate him.

- I don''t freak out when someone is having cardiac or respiratory issues because I deal with it at work daily (I''m a nurse)

- My husband is a sleep walker (as well as his son, his uncle...genetic, I guess). He has vaccumed the house, made a sandwiche and even held a conversation with me while asleep. He doesn''t remember anything the next day. He has gone to sleep study clinics and they have told him they have never seen anyone like him.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:10:00 AM
Author: LittleGreyKitten

4. I avoided a car accident last year very oddly. I was first in line at a red light, waiting to turn onto a busy highway. My light turned green, and though I was looking right at it and knew it had turned, I just didn''t go. I waited for a bit, maybe five or ten seconds or less, just sitting at the green light, and then this car flew through the intersection going 60, running the red light without even braking at all. If I''d gone, they would have slammed right into my driver''s side and probably killed me in my little Geo. I''ve never known exactly why I didn''t go at the green light- I don''t remember thinking anything in particular, I just couldn''t make my foot go down onto the accelerator.

Wow the same thing happened to me..

I have nothing else to add - except I''m really liking these angel stories!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m not too interesting..

-I have a birthmark that is either in the shape of a heart.. or Africa, depending on how you look at it.

-For about 2 years I had music ESP.. I would randomly think of a song, turn on the radio and it would be playing. Now, you can say that top 40 stations play the same 40 songs on repeat all day, but they were always REALLY random slightly out of date songs. Then it just went away.

-My DVD collection is almost entirely old movies and musicals. It''s not so good when boys come over and want to watch a movie.

-I made a few appearances at Johnnie High''s Country Music Review, which is where Leann Rimes got her start. It was a really fun experience!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to had, I have bilateral inguinal hernias, which don''t require surgery yet, but they are annoying
40.gif

Oh, and I can do this with my tongue:

9.gif

TongueThing.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kind of odd, seeing as how genetics would have it, no one in my immediate family can even roll their tongue! But mine will do dat.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG Dandi what an awesome party trick - WAY COOL :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results