shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual, true personal facts about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo DandiAndi, my brother and I can do that w/our tongues too! People thought we were weird..glad we''re not the only ones!

This one isn''t about me, but my husband and one of our friends are eerily "in tune" with one another..Pictionary has been systematically banned from play b/c of 2 instances that almost dissolved into fights and did end up w/angry wives demanding the husbands sleep on the couch. We''d play boys against girls, and my husband would draw like, a wavy line or something dumb and Todd would screech "King Tut", and be right. Actually, if we could get them on a game show, there''d be lots of money to be made.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ok, here are a few of my fun tidbits...

-I grew up with an ice rink in my backyard!

-When not skating at home, I otherwise spent the majority of my formative years living in an ice rink. My little sis and I were figure skaters, and our brothers were (and are) serious hockey players so we never left!

-When my little brother was 2 (I was 6), he jumped into the deep end of the swimming pool where we were taking lessons. I was the one who pulled him out! Of course, there were plenty of adults around so I am sure someone would have saved him, but I was so proud of myself after that!

-I have super green eyes.

-I''m a germophobic doctor (oh wait, we''re all like that
3.gif
)

-I''m a girl who (gasp!) does not like CHOCOLATE! Fortunately, this means that iwanna won''t be shooting me anytime soon. It must be genetic, because this is a trait common to all of my siblings. Yet, both of my parents like chocolate. Who knows!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 3:52:37 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Some more:

- I have a VERY heightened sense of smell. Lord knows what''s going to happen if/when I get pregnant - might get sick at everything! I can smell things no one else around me can smell. Even FI thinks I''m crazy. I can smell his nasty work boots from across the room when he''s in them and can''t smell them. Last week I could smell the smoke in our ventilation system at work from a fire in town, and no one else here could smell it.
- Like a few others here, I hear really high and low pitches that other people don''t hear.
Oh my gosh, me too. I have bionic hearing and a sense of smell that is incredible. My husband says that the DEA doesn''t need dogs, just hire me. Most of the time my sense of smell is a real curse, but once I was at my nephew''s new house and smelled a gas leak that noone else could smell. I had to insist that they call the gas company, and the guy had to use special equipment ''cause he couldn''t smell it either. Of course, I was right, there was a break in the gas line somewhere in the house. They were just moving in and hadn''t turned anything on yet and apparently the gas company hadn''t added the telltale scent yet. That was pretty frightening.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I''m just catching this thread! So much interesting info! So many questions!
5.gif

Just a few interesting tidbits about me:

1) I enjoyed eating plants as a child
2) I can move my ears
3) I have a very good memory for numbers (car licence plates and phone numbers esp.)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 12:21:17 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Haven - that is so awesome about law school for you! And I hear ya (no pun intended
3.gif
) about the frequencies - I''ve never gone as far as throwing balls at the TV, but I''ve always thought I had better than normal hearing too. I hear very high frequencies sometimes (and very low ones too) that no one else can. Things bother me so much sometimes that I have to figure out where they''re coming from, and FI doesn''t hear a thing - he thinks I''m crazy.
20.gif

ETA: Haha and that''s hilarious about your face.
37.gif

HA! Thanks!
9.gif

Don''t be super impressed about the law school thing--it was only a second tier school. The best I got from a top tier school was a $32,000 scholarship over ALL three years. When I asked if they could match what I would pay at U of I''s law school (in-state tuition, top 25 school at the time) they basically said "Um, be happy you were admitted." That put me in my place.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have MORE!!!

- I also have never broken a bone

- I dream in color and remember all of my dreams vividly. Sometimes they happen....

- I own a twelve guage shotgun and I can use it
27.gif

- I sometimes get very strong feelings about the past owners of objects. This happened a lot when I worked in a used book store. The best example was when a woman''s son brought in her entire collection of Chinese water color coffee table books after she passed away. I was starting to put them away and found some notes.... I got such a strong feeling of wanting to knwo this woman that I bought every last one of the books. I read all the notes she entered into them. To this day I don''t know her name.... but I know the way she smelled.... like flowers.
5.gif

- I cut coupons and get a weeks worth of groceries for under 40.00 regularly, including fresh fruit and veggies
16.gif

- I have a birthmark that looks like a little crown

- Any time I go to St. Augustine, and go out at night with a camera, it is guaranteed I''ll catch ghostly orbs
23.gif
it kindof freaks me out... do I bring them out?

- I own a library that is bigger than some local libraries
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly-I would love to be surrounded by that many books! Have you read them all?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 9:58:49 PM
Author: dragonfly411

- I own a library that is bigger than some local libraries
2.gif
Wow! Nice! I cant wait to move to a house so I can have a personal library too, considering I buy atleast 2-3 books PER WEEK!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 7:57:00 PM
Author: icekid
ok, here are a few of my fun tidbits...

-I grew up with an ice rink in my backyard!

-When not skating at home, I otherwise spent the majority of my formative years living in an ice rink. My little sis and I were figure skaters, and our brothers were (and are) serious hockey players so we never left!

-When my little brother was 2 (I was 6), he jumped into the deep end of the swimming pool where we were taking lessons. I was the one who pulled him out! Of course, there were plenty of adults around so I am sure someone would have saved him, but I was so proud of myself after that!

-I have super green eyes.

-I''m a germophobic doctor (oh wait, we''re all like that
3.gif
)

-I''m a girl who (gasp!) does not like CHOCOLATE! Fortunately, this means that iwanna won''t be shooting me anytime soon. It must be genetic, because this is a trait common to all of my siblings. Yet, both of my parents like chocolate. Who knows!
Your very own ice rink?? Fascinating!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is embarrassing and when we have the New York get together, I hope everyone forgets this. I have more than fifteen different things wrong with me (illnesses, diseases, syndromes- some serious, some just annoyances I have to live with for the rest of my life) and no one in my personal life knows about all of them. I look perfectly normal. Well OK, maybe not perfectly anything
5.gif
but I look normal. The only tell tale sign is that I can''t keep up with healthy people a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results