shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual, true personal facts about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:08:39 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 2/27/2009 11:03:14 PM

Author: Haven

Thing--I met Paul Rudd in London after I saw him perform in The Shape of Things. He has a surprisingly large head which dwarfs the rest of his body. It was very odd. And disappointing.

LOL! This just makes him more adorable to me, because I have a big head too. I look like a hot air balloon next to my friends in photos. Big heads unite!
10.gif

HA! I think I would still love him even with his freakishly large head!

And EBree, if you beat me to him, you can make cute big-headed babies together!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:14:55 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 11:08:39 PM

Author: EBree

Thing--I met Paul Rudd in London after I saw him perform in The Shape of Things. He has a surprisingly large head which dwarfs the rest of his body. It was very odd. And disappointing.

LOL! This just makes him more adorable to me, because I have a big head too. I look like a hot air balloon next to my friends in photos. Big heads unite!
10.gif

Well there you go!

I just thought of another unusual thing about me, and it''s actually probably the most entertaining:

- I have no cartilage and no bone in my nose. The cartilage ends about a quarter of an inch down from the very top of my nose, which means my entire schnoz is totally pliable.

When I''m in the mood for it, I like to flatten my entire face against a window when my DH is standing on the other side. It''s very attractive.

Hahahahaha! Add me to the list of people who would love to see the flat face! That is so interesting to me!

P.S. I''m really good at multiple choice tests, too, although I don''t know if I''m good enough to get a scholarship to law school! I''m impressed by your skills!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
LAJennifer, that is crazy about your out of body experiences! And the watch thing is very intriguing!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 1:20:10 AM
Author: luvmyhalo
WOW! You are a fascinating group of people! All the stories of ghosts and angels have given be serious chills!!!

Here are a couple of mine...

1. I lived on a boat sailing the Mediterranean Sea for 2 months
2. I can eat an insane amount of chips and queso in one sitting
3. I have a heart shaped uterus

Okay, at first I was like "Wow, she lived on a boat!" until I saw your heart shaped uterus fact! Now THAT is interesting!
3.gif
A heart like a cartoon heart, right? Very interesting! And how could they tell? (Okay, feel free to not answer that if it''s over the line!)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot one that all the ghost stories made me remember...

The day my grandpa died we went to school like it was a normal day, when we got home my mom wasn''t there. The phone rang and it was a lady from my mom''s work. I talked to her and she said SOMETHING to the effect of "I''m sorry..." and then the phone cut out. I didn''t think anything of it until my mom came home and told us my grandpa had died that night. I believe that the lady knew (because my mom would have told her work why she wasn''t coming in) and had said "I''m sorry about your Grandfather passing", but that my grandpa or an angel made the phone cut out so I would find out from my mom and not this lady. I am very grateful for that
12.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
- I can hear frequencies beyond the normal human range. Yes, that includes some dog whistles.
Ooooh me too! I forgot about that. I'll go into a store with a "silent" alarm and the high pitch whistle [for lack of a better term] would drive me nuts! I'd ask "what's that noise?" and people would look at me like I was nuts.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

Date: 2/27/2009 10:12:26 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Date: 2/27/2009 8:26:48 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
1. I was on the Oprah Show

2. I have an extremely high pain tolerance...and had a bone removed from my foot and never took pain meds, and was up walking the day after my tummy tuck.

3. I met my husband on a dating website, and we got engaged 3 months later...we''ve incredibly happily married.

Ooooh, what episode of Oprah? I have a high pain tolerance too - I kind of think surgery is fun (I enjoy going through the experience, even if it is a bad experience).
During my sophmore year of High School, I established a Respect Committee. Basically it ended up being a multi district effort that engaged students in making positive social interactions and social choices. We put into action different ways to end bullying, and promote peer mediation. Oprah caught wind of it, and I was featured on her show. It was pretty amazing.

Oh, and I thought of another one...

When I was 11 years old I had a white persian cat named Sadie. She was my first pet. One day I couldn''t find her...I looked everywhere for her. That night I had a very vivid dream in which I heard her crying...I followed the sound of her cries into the laundry room where her cries suddenly stopped. In my dream I remember looking for in the laundry room, but found nothing.

The next morning, I found my Mom sitting at the kitchen table crying. Sadie had died the night before in the laundry room.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:10:01 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 8:01:06 PM

Author: somethingshiny

OOH, fun!

1. A guy died in the backseat of our car when I was a kid.

2. I once shot my brother with a roly-poly out of a BB gun.

3. I''ve swam with water moccasins.

4. I can operate heavy equipment.

I have to ask - did you shoot your brother on purpose? You enjoyed it, didn''t you? What about those water moccasins - were you scared?

Yes, I shot my brother on purpose. We were out of BBs and he didn''t believe it would work to use roly-polys instead. I won.

I used to live in TX and actually ended up swimming with moccasins on a several occasions. My cousins had a pond on their farm and we swam frequently in it. Quite often, we''d be swimming along and look to the side and see one (or more) swimming with us. The first couple times completely scared me sh!tless. After a while, it wasn''t such a big deal (not that I''d recommend it, of course!) The scariest part was if you had to swim back across the pond by yourself. When we were all together they would just go to another part of the pond, but if you were on your own you were more likely to see them. We were such hicks--my dad told us if any of us got bit, one of the others was supposed to use a knife and cut into the wound and suck out the venom. All of us were carrying pocket knives at the age of 6 and we were fully prepared to dismember a sibling. When I moved to IL, my friend and I canoed along an infested crick often. That was scarier than swimming with them because if you fell in, it scared them and then they would be really riled! (we never fell in) Just a few months ago I had to free a moccasin from a fishing pole. (oddly enough, I was with the friend that I used to canoe with...) It had been a while so my heart was pumping!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:25:42 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 9:28:51 PM
Author: musey
1) My grandmother thought I was the reincarnation of Judy Garland. She was weird.

4) My celebrity crush lives about a block from me.
Have you ever thought your grandmother could be right?
Nah, she's just weird
3.gif

Date: 2/27/2009 9:40:36 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 2/27/2009 9:28:51 PM
Author: musey
4) My celebrity crush lives about a block from me.
This makes me want to go through all the celebrity threads to figure out who it is! Too bad I'm too lazy to do that!
3.gif

P.S. And if it's Paul Rudd I might just die of jealousy.
Date: 2/27/2009 10:25:42 PM
You've mentioned your celebrity crush a few times now - time to spill the beans . . . inquiring mind want to know. At least a little hint . . .
Deco knows!!!!
11.gif
9.gif

And Thing2, it's not Paul Rudd. Though he's dreamy, too!
30.gif

What makes it funny is that I had no idea he lived there when we moved in (though it would have been a huge selling point for me
3.gif
mostly kidding...). I discovered it about 8 months later, right after we got back from our honeymoon!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Somethingshiny, I feel like an idiot because this whole time I thought you were talking about Native American footwear.
lol!!!!!

You girls are too funny with your Paul Rudd crushes. I
30.gif
him.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:37:03 PM
Author: luckystar112
Date: 2/27/2009 10:02:23 PM

Somethingshiny, I NEED to know about the guy in the back of the car!

LOL! Okay, I don''t mean to make this a laughing matter because a guy really is dead, but it''s strangely hilarious. My dad used to be quite a partier and run around on Harry Hines (THE drinking strip in Dallas). He was also very kind to his friends and often brought home homeless people (that''s another story).

One night, on his travels, he saw one of his acquaintances passed out on the sidewalk. My dad didn''t want him to get mugged or killed so he picked him up and put him in the back of the car, which btw, was a rockin'' caddy. My dad came home and said to us kids, "there''s a man named R in the backseat of the car. If he comes in tell him that he''s at TL''s house." Strangely, this was not an odd request for us... My parents went out to check on him a couple times and he was snoring away.

Later that evening, my brother had karate practice and my dad took him in the big ol'' caddy. Little did they know, the man had already expired. My brother said he was uneasy the whole time but didn''t tell anyone. So, he was shaking in the front seat with his yellow belt on. Dad stayed at the practice and brought everyone home. Again, my brother was in near panic and didn''t say anything, and my dad thought everything was fine. (this wasn''t the first drunk he''d brought home...)

So, after we all went to bed that night, my mom went out to check on him before she turned in. She opened the backseat door and knew immediately that he was dead. She called 911 and on the story goes. I was completely unaware of what happened (I believe I was 9) So, the next morning, as far as I can tell R has gone home and I''m playing in the yard. I find a weird green plastic thing that fits in my lips perfectly and I begin wondering around the yard with it. My mom calmly tells me not to play with it and takes it away from me. By this time, I''m a bit peeved. That cool plastic thing would be SOO cool to play doctor with! And, as it turns out, it WAS the plastic mouth protector that the emergency techs used to try to revive R with. (which as my mother says years later, "was absolutely ridiculous! He was already stiff!")

As it was revealed in autopsy, R had probably been in a bar fight and received quite a head konk before passing out. That''s what killed him. My dad was put up on murder charges but they were eventually dropped (a lie detector test was involved). R''s family was happy that somebody cared enough about him to bring him home and try to help him instead of leaving him on the street. And, to this day, if I mention R''s name my big brother gets the heebie jeebies and looks as if he''d like nothing more than to maim me.

The end.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 2:01:13 PM

Somethingshiny, I feel like an idiot because this whole time I thought you were talking about Native American footwear.
lol!!!!!
*looks around sheepishly* I thought the same thing for a couple minutes.
9.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
This is most definitely an interesting group of people. Not too much that''s terribly unusual about me, but a couple of things that come to mind:

-I''m allergic to bras. Well, technically it''s the elastic in them, but I''m often stuck walking around with a ring of itchy welts around the top of my rib cage.

-I had a psychic experience before (which is not normal for me). Many years ago, when my sisters and I were home alone, I thought I heard gunshots and a woman screaming from about 2 blocks behind our house. I asked my sisters if they heard it...thinking it might have been a neighbor''s loud television, but they told me I was crazy (we lived in a quiet, safe, fairly affluent neighborhood), and that I needed my ears checked. Well, a week later, a man shot & killed his brother and brother''s girlfriend in the very direction I thought I heard the gunshots and screaming, just 2 blocks away.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 2:09:50 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 2/28/2009 2:01:13 PM

lol!!!!!
*looks around sheepishly* I thought the same thing for a couple minutes.
9.gif
You''re making me feel even MORE unusual!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, a weird thing (at least to DH) is my "mind reading" as he calls it. For some people, those closest to me, I can know what they''re thinking. I''m not sure how, all I can say to explain it is it sort of "falls out" of their heads. I can''t and wouldn''t go in and look for something in their minds, but it seems when the person is very relaxed, stuff just floats out. My mom and I can do it with each other and I can do it with all of my siblings to varying degrees. My mom and I can do it when we''re not with each other, but for everyone else, I need to be in the same room. My mom and I "send messages" to one another. I''m still convinced that it was due to this phenomenon that I awoke minutes before my mom''s suicide attempt was complete. Now, I do it most often with DH. I answer questions before he asks and give him odd facts before he requests them. I don''t think it''s because I know him or anyone else THAT well because it''s always unrelated info to what''s going on.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have many unusual facts.
I broke one of my mams and dads legs when I was younger
The second time I applied for veterinary I was sitting in a car waiting for D and I was thinking about my application etc, and this feeling came over me and I just 100% knew that I was going to get in. I wasn't nervous at all and my acceptance letter came out. It was such a weird feeling.

ETA- when I can't sleep, I picture myself on top of my pony Raffles and we are doing a cross country course at this stables that he used to have livery at and we're riding around the course. It's sort of my counting sheep.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1. My sister dropped me on my head when I was a baby, which caused me to have a flat spot 2 inches in diameter on the back of my head. It freaks out my haircut lady. She always thinks she''s hurting me.

2. I have a photographic memory. I can describe things in detail after I have seen them one time.

3. I have very specific memories of when I was 6 years old. I started out the day telling my mom that "I''m 6 today." Nothing major happened that year, but I have vivid memories of clothes I had, friends I played with, school, etc.

4. My bloodtype is AB-.

5. I had perfect teeth until age 36, when I got my first cavity. It ended up needing a root canal, then I developed a blood clot around the tooth and had to have oral surgery.

After reading these posts, I keep trying to touch my tongue to my nose but I can''t do it! I can''t wiggle my nose or ears either.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 2:19:32 PM
Oh, a weird thing (at least to DH) is my ''mind reading'' as he calls it. For some people, those closest to me, I can know what they''re thinking. I''m not sure how, all I can say to explain it is it sort of ''falls out'' of their heads. I can''t and wouldn''t go in and look for something in their minds, but it seems when the person is very relaxed, stuff just floats out. My mom and I can do it with each other and I can do it with all of my siblings to varying degrees. My mom and I can do it when we''re not with each other, but for everyone else, I need to be in the same room. My mom and I ''send messages'' to one another. I''m still convinced that it was due to this phenomenon that I awoke minutes before my mom''s suicide attempt was complete. Now, I do it most often with DH. I answer questions before he asks and give him odd facts before he requests them. I don''t think it''s because I know him or anyone else THAT well because it''s always unrelated info to what''s going on.
wow! that''s really cool. Every ''hear'' anything you''re not supposed to?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
* I practice and initiate out-of-body experiences!

* I grew up on an island and my entire existance from age 11-18 was controlled by a ferry schedual.

* I''ve seen ghosts and my Dh''s (then boyfriend) house he rented was haunted and couldn''t go over there because the energy was too strong (so much so, EVERYONE who went there commented on it).

* I watched the entire Alias Series from from beginning to end and totally would love to kick *** like that. I use to daydream about kick boxing annoying people in the grocery store! lol

* I have a serious problem with following recipes when I bake sweets. EVERY time I make something, I either miss an ingredient, or do something in the wrong order and it changes the recipe. Yesterday, I made cookies and put the vanilla in at the wrong time (after I combined the flour with the sugar/eggs), so it didn''t mix properly and when I rolled out the dough, there were chunks of vanilla scattered throughout the dough.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 4:45:40 AM
Author: Maisie
What a fun thread.

I have been on the front page of every UK national newspaper, including having my photo on the front page of The Times.

Strangulation, hanging or anything similar terrifies me. I can''t watch anything on tv connected with them. I have no idea why.

When I lived in Germany I was wide awake one night and I saw an old woman floating through the air towards my bed.

I also had a scary experience when I was about 25. I was in my bed alone and I felt someone sit on my bed. I opened my eyes and there was a man sitting there. I gasped and shut my eyes, when I opened them he was gone.
Oooh! Maisie, you intrigue me.

(P.s. I don''t know how to respond to you. So Hello back
35.gif
xoxoxo)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 12:52:00 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
*Snort*

This is exactly the kind of thread I love reading on Friday nights! You ladies just cracked me up..

Let''s see if I can contribute:

I met my husband when I was 3 and he was 7, at a play date. Our mothers allegedly wondered how wonderful it would be if we ended up marrying one another. We met again on and off while growing up, up until our early teens when they moved. We met again when I was 21 and he 24 - we were married within 2 years
1.gif

I too, am very sensitive to presences. I feel them in houses and places. Many a time, I would walk into a home and my feet would feel like lead, and the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up.

I have seen many, many ghosts, including friendly, party-going dwarves.

When my beloved dog died while I was away at college, I did not know about it until the following day. The night she died, I heard her whimpering for me outside my bedroom door in the middle of the night. I ignored it, thinking I was just dreaming.

I had many, many out of body experiences while growing up. My teen years were full of deja-vu experiences, one after the other.

I am very good at mimicking accents, even if I have only met them briefly.

I hear diamonds call my name - oh wait, that is just an excuse I tell my husband
11.gif
- scratch that off the list please!
35.gif

Where did your pretty avatar get to?

Your stories are great but I
30.gif
the story about you and your DH. Awh!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 3:55:25 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Date: 2/28/2009 2:19:32 PM

Oh, a weird thing (at least to DH) is my ''mind reading'' as he calls it. For some people, those closest to me, I can know what they''re thinking. I''m not sure how, all I can say to explain it is it sort of ''falls out'' of their heads. I can''t and wouldn''t go in and look for something in their minds, but it seems when the person is very relaxed, stuff just floats out. My mom and I can do it with each other and I can do it with all of my siblings to varying degrees. My mom and I can do it when we''re not with each other, but for everyone else, I need to be in the same room. My mom and I ''send messages'' to one another. I''m still convinced that it was due to this phenomenon that I awoke minutes before my mom''s suicide attempt was complete. Now, I do it most often with DH. I answer questions before he asks and give him odd facts before he requests them. I don''t think it''s because I know him or anyone else THAT well because it''s always unrelated info to what''s going on.

wow! that''s really cool. Every ''hear'' anything you''re not supposed to?

I did know when a friend was contemplating having an affair and who it was going to be with, but other than that everything is just random and pretty much useless. I figure if someone is having a "private" thought, that the focus must keep it in their head. It''s generally dumb stuff like "I wonder what that sign means" or "Has UPS dropped off my package"

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
-I think my ex-boyfriend, who was killed in Iraq over 4 years ago, communicates with me through my dreams.
-My job requires me to carry a gun.
-I''ve been pepper sprayed.
-I got my master''s degree when I was 22 years old.
-Paul Rudd is my future cousin-in-law.
26.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Something unusual about me....
well after reading all of yours... I am completely ORDINARY!
9.gif

so... nothing to report!
35.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 4:08:17 PM
Author: MC
* I practice and initiate out-of-body experiences!

MC - can you tell me more about your experiences? It happens to me spontaneously, and is so scary. I would like to be ok with it - and let it happen, but I just can''t. Maybe you could give me some tips . . .

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
Wow! Talk about some scary stories!

I remembered that a long time ago, like when I was in preschool/kindergarten my parents lived in this house that was haunted. My mom and I both clearly remember seeing the girl and we also remember hearing a ball bouncing in the upstairs hallway.

The house that was next door to me and DH''s rental house was owned and lived in by DH''s great uncle. Everyone in the family has had strange things happen to them while they were visiting. We kept an eye on the house after DH''s uncle died and lights would turn on and off by themselves and you could see a dark figure in one of the upstairs windows. EEK
32.gif

I don''t think I''ve ever had an out-of-body experience, but there have been a few times when I''ve awoken from sleep and have been unable to move my body, all the while feeling sort of strange. I don''t know what this is but it freaks we out when it does happen. I''ve always attributed it to just being very tired and still halfway asleep.

Other strange things about me:

1. I do not eat any type of fish. I only like my own tuna noodle cassarole and I will only eat shrimp from Red Lobster. Any other kind of fish makes me want to barf.

2. My hair is naturally platinum blonde and so is my sister''s - although we''ve both gotten darker with age.

3. I''ve only had one dental cavity in my entire life.

4. I was on the mock trial team while in college and made a witness cry on the stand at a competition.

5. I cannot whistle to save my life.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:37:57 PM
Author: geckodani
1. I''ve seen and spoken with an angel.

2. I vividly remember the pattern on my receiving blanket.

3. My eyes coordinate themselves to what I am wearing.

4. I practically grew up at Disneyland. I have been in parades, driven the floats, boats and carts and even run a few rides.

5. I''ve had over 40 stitches but never broken a bone.

Geckodani: Me too! I''ve seen, talked to and been escorted home by an angel! I don''t usually talk about it to everyone for fear they''ll think I''m crazy. But my experience was confirmed when I went back looking for his footprints in the snow and found only one set: and they were mine
32.gif
It was an experience I will never forget.

1) Another strange thing about me is that sometimes I can hear people''s thoughts, and when I turn around and ask them, "pardon me, or what did you just say?", they practically turn white with fear!
23.gif

2) I have a birthmark in the shape of a turkey on my leg. I asked my mom if she was craving turkey when she was pregnant with me (you know, they old wives tale?) and she was like, "all the dang time, lol".

3) I have a mole in between my index and middle finger in the exact same spot as my dad does on my right hand. And a mole in between the very same fingers on my left hand: guess who has a mole in the exact same location? Yep my mom. My son and I have the exact same birthmark across our chest: It looks like I was wearing a tube top and got a really dark tan.

4) I have had what I was sure were memories of things that happened to "me", except that I was a little boy, and when I told my dad, he nearly fell out and fainted because I was re-telling an event that happened in his life when he was 8 yrs old!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
@somethingshiney: I just read back through the posts and saw that you and I experience the same thing! I can''t hear thoughts all the time, but if I''m in the same room as someone it''s more prominent. There have been times too when I''ve woken up out of sleep and just pulled to call someone I haven''t spoken to in aeons, and turns out it was to save them from doing something really dangerous or stupid!

I think we''re "mind reading twins"!
23.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 6:49:36 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
32.gif
Wow! Talk about some scary stories!

I remembered that a long time ago, like when I was in preschool/kindergarten my parents lived in this house that was haunted. My mom and I both clearly remember seeing the girl and we also remember hearing a ball bouncing in the upstairs hallway.

The house that was next door to me and DH''s rental house was owned and lived in by DH''s great uncle. Everyone in the family has had strange things happen to them while they were visiting. We kept an eye on the house after DH''s uncle died and lights would turn on and off by themselves and you could see a dark figure in one of the upstairs windows. EEK
32.gif

I don''t think I''ve ever had an out-of-body experience, but there have been a few times when I''ve awoken from sleep and have been unable to move my body, all the while feeling sort of strange. I don''t know what this is but it freaks we out when it does happen. I''ve always attributed it to just being very tired and still halfway asleep.

Other strange things about me:

1. I do not eat any type of fish. I only like my own tuna noodle cassarole and I will only eat shrimp from Red Lobster. Any other kind of fish makes me want to barf.

2. My hair is naturally platinum blonde and so is my sister''s - although we''ve both gotten darker with age.

3. I''ve only had one dental cavity in my entire life.

4. I was on the mock trial team while in college and made a witness cry on the stand at a competition.

5. I cannot whistle to save my life.
That''s called "Kanashibari" in Japanese, and it happens to many people who are stressed or tired. It can also happen to non active people who suddenly becomes active. I hope you aren''t too stressed in life!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results