shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual, true personal facts about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Oh Haven, I know you won''t. But it''s still funny to picture it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:33:48 PM
Author: Haven
Date: 2/27/2009 11:28:03 PM

Author: Blair138

When I''m in the mood for it, I like to flatten my entire face against a window when my DH is standing on the other side. It''s very attractive.

can you post a picture of this Haven? I am weirdly intrigued!!!
3.gif

Let''s just say that a picture of my flattened face would be scarier than Kelli''s ghost story.

Imagine a pancake with some eyes, nostrils, and lips smashed into it.
3.gif

That is hilarious I can tell you I am intrigued as well.

Okay your all going to think I am nuts after this but I promise I am not

[*] Thanks to my sister and a dream my mother had while carrying me prevented me from being aborted, I guess I was meant to be here.
[*] I have seen what I believe to be two ghosts in my life both happened in the same house, while living there I had the worst sleep of my life and was constantly having terrible nightmares since moving out of the house nothing has ever happened since.
[*] I get feelings and hunchs usually when something bad is going to happen, though lately I have been predicting nice and happy things which is a nice change - I don''t think I am psychic I just have a knack.
[*] I have double jointed finger tips :D.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:40:29 PM
Author: luckystar112
Oh Haven, I know you won''t. But it''s still funny to picture it!

If I''m feeling brave, perhaps I''ll post a picture of my monkey face. It isn''t as terrifying, but the pliability of my facial structure would amaze and entice even the most stone-faced of spectators.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Kelli, your story freaked me out
6.gif
I have heard psychics say that the souls of misscarried babies can come back /stay around people.
Along the same line, my mum is very intuative, but not neccassarily psychic. She has stopped my dad and her children from getting into car accidents a couple times now by knowing what was about to happen minutes before it did and having us pull over to the side of the road. Both times a car suddenly came carreening (sp?) out of nowhere and crashed. She also knew the moment my sister went into labour. She gets it from her grandmother. The only other person I know who has seen a ghost is my brother, who, like Kelli''s dad, is very practical and not really into these things. He was house-sitting for a friend, and fell asleep on the couch. He woke up in the middle of the night to find a little girl standing outside the window watching him. He kind of stared at her for a moment and then suddenly realized that he was on the second floor of the house and quite high up and there was nothing below her. He leapt up towards the window and she just vanished. He told my mum the next morning and was pretty shaken by the whole thing. I would have died of a heart attack on the spot.
23.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:21:00 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 11:14:55 PM

- I have no cartilage and no bone in my nose. The cartilage ends about a quarter of an inch down from the very top of my nose, which means my entire schnoz is totally pliable.

When I''m in the mood for it, I like to flatten my entire face against a window when my DH is standing on the other side. It''s very attractive.

LOL! This made me laugh out loud.

]

LOL - me too! I just read it out loud to my hubby. Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. I''m learning so much about all of you fascinating ladies.

36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. I may have seen a ghost in Ireland - and I don''t believe in ghosts.

2. I''m completely deaf in one ear and feel sorry for the rest of you who aren''t.

3. None of my toes touch either - and I''d go a step further to say my feet are fugly.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:38:32 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 11:36:06 PM

Okay, I can''t stop laughing!!!

I NEED to see the scary pancake face!

I CAN''T! I can''t do it! I can''t post a picture of my awful, flattened, cartilage-free face!

I''m sorry. It''s just too awful. It would forever etch a horrible, horrible image in your mind and I can''t be responsible for that. I just can''t.

Please, please, please? How much money would it take?
31.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:46:21 PM
Author: niccia
[ . . . ]
Along the same line, my mum is very intuative, but not neccassarily psychic. [ . . . ]

My mom and my grandmother are the same way, niccia. When my mom was little her brownie scout troop was going on a field trip on a Saturday and right when they were getting ready to leave to catch a bus to meet the troop my grandmother freaked out and said that they weren't going anywhere that day.
The school bus that the troop rode on their field trip got into a bad car accident.

In the middle of one night when my mom was a senior in college she suddenly woke up and had a persistent thought: "He's dead. He's dead. He's dead." At first, she thought it was my father, who was her boyfriend at the time. About two minutes after she woke up her phone rang. It was her mom, who only said two words: "Daddy's dead." My grandfather had just died of a heart attack in his sleep.

ETA: I don't have this intuition that my mom and her mom have, however, when I was a freshman in college I had planned to drive home one weekend to visit my parents. I told my father the day before I was scheduled to come home that I just had a bad feeling about making the drive, but that was just silly, right?
He called me at 9 the next morning. He had taken the Greyhound bus all the way from the Chicago burbs to Champaign so he could drive me home just in case my *feeling* had any truth to it. That was sweet.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:40:56 PM
Author: Deelight

Thanks to my sister and a dream my mother had while carrying me prevented me from being aborted, I guess I was meant to be here.
Dee, I''m confused! Was your mother going to have an abortion and your sister changed her mind? I don''t get it.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:54:19 PM
Author: TravelingGal
1. I may have seen a ghost in Ireland - and I don''t believe in ghosts.

2. I''m completely deaf in one ear and feel sorry for the rest of you who aren''t.

3. None of my toes touch either - and I''d go a step further to say my feet are fugly.

I remember that encounter in Ireland that you wrote about previously on a thread a few years ago. Creepy.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
LAJennifer--Weeeeeell, I do *really* want to have the prongs on my ering redone . . .
11.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:45:07 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Date: 2/27/2009 10:37:57 PM
Author: geckodani
1. I''ve seen and spoken with an angel.

2. I vividly remember the pattern on my receiving blanket.

3. My eyes coordinate themselves to what I am wearing.

4. I practically grew up at Disneyland. I have been in parades, driven the floats, boats and carts and even run a few rides.

5. I''ve had over 40 stitches but never broken a bone.

Please tell us your angel story.
12.gif
It was the day my best friend died. I had gone to visit him in the hospital that morning, when he had to be taken down for some tests. He came back up, obviously in pain, gave me a huge hug, looked me right in the eye and asked me to please leave and go get some food... I knew something was wrong as I went downstairs to Wendy''s. I got my food, and then I got in the elevator, by myself.

And then I was not by myself.

I can never quite remember if it was a black nurse in purple scrubs, or an indian nurse in green scrubs, but regardless, I was no longer alone in the elevator. He looked me right in the eye, said something along the lines of, "Dani, be ready. We lost him." And then I was strangely detached, almost floaty, and at peace. And alone when the elevator doors opened. And I was met by my friend''s parents and the hospital chaplain to tell me that my friend had passed.

It''s not a happy story, but without those few seconds of peace... those few moments held me together.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Haven, your dad sounds like a sweetheart, and your mum and my mum would probably have lots of stories to share!
PS...I want to see your pancake face too
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:42:45 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 11:40:29 PM
Oh Haven, I know you won't. But it's still funny to picture it!

If I'm feeling brave, perhaps I'll post a picture of my monkey face. It isn't as terrifying, but the pliability of my facial structure would amaze and entice even the most stone-faced of spectators.
23.gif

BWAH HAH HAH! OMG that is hilarious Haven!!!!

I so want to see that face.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:30:48 PM
Author: Clio
Date: 2/27/2009 10:30:52 PM

Author: Linda W

Date: 2/27/2009 9:12:13 PM

Author: DivaDiamond007

This sounds fun so I''ll play!

1. I have the rarest blood type (at least I think it''s the rarest), which is O-

2. I can touch the tip of my tongue to the tip of my nose.

3. I can wiggle my ears.

4. Gross but true - I''ve only thrown up one time as an adult (knock on wood) and that was while I was pregnant.

I am also 0- You and my cousin are the only other people I know.

I''m O- as well. Three A+ kids = 6 Rhogam shots = not fun!

Okay, unusual-ish things about me:

1. I attended a college named for a mountain that an ancestor of mine (who was a surveyor) named for himself. I didn''t know it at the time.

2. I was raised in a religion that most people have never heard of. I promise it''s not a cult!

3. I''m a part owner of a tree farm.

I had a Rhogam shot with my daughter as well.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:45:46 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 2/27/2009 10:31:51 PM

Author:

ETA I would love to hear about your out of body experience!

Simply put - it was terrifying. I was 15 years old and it happened mid-July. It was really hot outside and we didn't have air conditioning. My family had gone out to a late dinner at Chi Chi's and I had a really big chimichanga (not really sure this is relevant). Anyway, we came home and I went straight to bed. I woke up at about 4 am, and I felt deathly sick. Too sick to move - too sick to get up and go to the bathroom. I tried to force myself back to sleep. After a minute or two, my whole body started to tingle (kind of like when your foot is going to sleep) and I couldn't move. I opened my eyes (I was lying on my back) and I saw my legs about 4 feet under me. I looked over to my bedroom door and it was getting shorter - I looked up to the ceiling and it was getting closer. A million different thoughts went through my mind in that moment (Am I going to go through the ceiling? What am I going to see on the other side of the ceiling? Etc.) A huge wave of fear swept over me, and I was instantly sucked back into my body. All of that happened in probably a half of a second.

The next morning - I told my brother but I was afraid to tell my parents. I felt fine during the day - but when it came time to go to bed, I was very afraid. My mom had to go with me until I fell asleep. For the next three years, I would sometimes awaken to those tingly feelings in the middle of the night and I could feel myself start to "slip out". I would concentrate really hard - and if I could point a toe or make a fist, then I could stop it from happening. But, every time I would start to drift off to sleep, the tingling sensation would start all over again - so I would have to just lay awake until morning. I was often very tired during high school (from not being able to sleep when it would happen). Something else that was strange - was that it made my teeth hurt.
33.gif

After I turned 18, it just kind of went away. Until my early mid-thirties. It has been happening lately (last night), which is what prompted me to start this thread.

I'm the biggest skeptic - so it is really hard for me to believe it happens to me . . . but it does. I've always thought if it would happen during daylight that I might allow it happen and see where I end up - but I don't know, it's really scary when it happens.

On another note - a couple of years ago, I read that people who have Out of Body Experiences often report trouble with wearing watches - they stop, or don't keep good time. That made me LOL because every single watch I had, while in high school, stopped working after about a month of wear.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
*Snort*

This is exactly the kind of thread I love reading on Friday nights! You ladies just cracked me up..

Let''s see if I can contribute:

I met my husband when I was 3 and he was 7, at a play date. Our mothers allegedly wondered how wonderful it would be if we ended up marrying one another. We met again on and off while growing up, up until our early teens when they moved. We met again when I was 21 and he 24 - we were married within 2 years
1.gif

I too, am very sensitive to presences. I feel them in houses and places. Many a time, I would walk into a home and my feet would feel like lead, and the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up.

I have seen many, many ghosts, including friendly, party-going dwarves.

When my beloved dog died while I was away at college, I did not know about it until the following day. The night she died, I heard her whimpering for me outside my bedroom door in the middle of the night. I ignored it, thinking I was just dreaming.

I had many, many out of body experiences while growing up. My teen years were full of deja-vu experiences, one after the other.

I am very good at mimicking accents, even if I have only met them briefly.

I hear diamonds call my name - oh wait, that is just an excuse I tell my husband
11.gif
- scratch that off the list please!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! You are a fascinating group of people! All the stories of ghosts and angels have given be serious chills!!!

Here are a couple of mine...

1. I lived on a boat sailing the Mediterranean Sea for 2 months
2. I can eat an insane amount of chips and queso in one sitting
3. I have a heart shaped uterus

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
-My first memory was from when I was 6 weeks old (or possibly younger... definitely not older though).
-I''ve had violent nightmares about things that actually came true the next day.
-I''m related to a famous queen (and other such royals).
-I made a project in 1st grade that my teacher liked so much she brought it to a convention that summer. There was a famous children''s author there who took my idea and made it into a book!

Thats about all I can think of for now!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:58:13 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 11:40:56 PM

Author: Deelight

Thanks to my sister and a dream my mother had while carrying me prevented me from being aborted, I guess I was meant to be here.

Dee, I''m confused! Was your mother going to have an abortion and your sister changed her mind? I don''t get it.

There is a massive age gap between my sister and I she worked out our mum was preggers and that mum wasn''t going to have me due to her age and after wanting a bro/sis for so long she told my mum if she didn''t go through with the pregnancy she would never see her again. That coupled with the fact my mum had a dream where she rescued a litte baby girl from falling in a church is what changed my mum''s mind about having the procedure done hopefully that makes more sense
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fun thread.

I have been on the front page of every UK national newspaper, including having my photo on the front page of The Times.

Strangulation, hanging or anything similar terrifies me. I can''t watch anything on tv connected with them. I have no idea why.

When I lived in Germany I was wide awake one night and I saw an old woman floating through the air towards my bed.

I also had a scary experience when I was about 25. I was in my bed alone and I felt someone sit on my bed. I opened my eyes and there was a man sitting there. I gasped and shut my eyes, when I opened them he was gone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 4:45:40 AM
Author: Maisie
What a fun thread.

I have been on the front page of every UK national newspaper, including having my photo on the front page of The Times.

Strangulation, hanging or anything similar terrifies me. I can''t watch anything on tv connected with them. I have no idea why.

When I lived in Germany I was wide awake one night and I saw an old woman floating through the air towards my bed.

I also had a scary experience when I was about 25. I was in my bed alone and I felt someone sit on my bed. I opened my eyes and there was a man sitting there. I gasped and shut my eyes, when I opened them he was gone.
YIKES Bruddah!!!
32.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 12:06:07 AM

12.gif
It was the day my best friend died. I had gone to visit him in the hospital that morning, when he had to be taken down for some tests. He came back up, obviously in pain, gave me a huge hug, looked me right in the eye and asked me to please leave and go get some food... I knew something was wrong as I went downstairs to Wendy''s. I got my food, and then I got in the elevator, by myself.

I can never quite remember if it was a black nurse in purple scrubs, or an indian nurse in green scrubs, but regardless, I was no longer alone in the elevator. He looked me right in the eye, said something along the lines of, ''Dani, be ready. We lost him.'' And then I was strangely detached, almost floaty, and at peace. And alone when the elevator doors opened. And I was met by my friend''s parents and the hospital chaplain to tell me that my friend had passed.

It''s not a happy story, but without those few seconds of peace... those few moments held me together.
I was hoping you would come back and elaborate gecko. Wow, what an amazing experience!!!

And gosh, so many interesting, talented people here! Thanks for starting this thead LAJ!

Sadly though, after reading all this, I have come to the conclusion that I am terribly un-unusual. I have no nifty stories to tell, like flattening my nose to pancake status, or seeing dead people, or having out of body experiences.
39.gif

Seriously though, I really loved reading all these stories.
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:49:16 PM
Author: hlmr

Date: 2/27/2009 10:40:08 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 10:30:52 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 2/27/2009 9:12:13 PM

Author: DivaDiamond007

This sounds fun so I''ll play!

1. I have the rarest blood type (at least I think it''s the rarest), which is O-

2. I can touch the tip of my tongue to the tip of my nose.

3. I can wiggle my ears.

4. Gross but true - I''ve only thrown up one time as an adult (knock on wood) and that was while I was pregnant.

I am also 0- You and my cousin are the only other people I know.

My brother is also O-. I have no idea what mine is though.
O- isn''t the rarest blood type, but is the most amazing and sought after. It is the universal blood type and every other blood type can accept it.
Yeah, AB- is the rarest blood type. O is pretty common actually. I hope all you O- PSers are donating blood!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I see, hear, and feel ghosts.

(Ok laugh... but it''s true.)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:17:29 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 8:44:03 PM
Author: ckrickett
1. I have freckles in weird places on my body, like between my toes and on the soles of my feet.

2. I have a crazy obsession with Snidley Whiplash

3. I've met Nick Carter on several ocassions randomly, and he smells horrible and looks BAD w/out any make up or touch up work

4. Won numerous art awards both national and international and had my work tour around the country

What is Snidley Whiplash? I saw Aaron Carter when I was vacationing in Key West - not that cute. Congrats on your artwork! Can you show us any examples?
Snidley whiplash is that bloke with the dastardly moustache that ties women to railroad tracks.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 8:00:35 AM
Author: Ellen

12.gif

I can never quite remember if it was a black nurse in purple scrubs, or an indian nurse in green scrubs, but regardless, I was no longer alone in the elevator. He looked me right in the eye, said something along the lines of, ''Dani, be ready. We lost him.'' And then I was strangely detached, almost floaty, and at peace. And alone when the elevator doors opened. And I was met by my friend''s parents and the hospital chaplain to tell me that my friend had passed.

I was hoping you would come back and elaborate gecko. Wow, what an amazing experience!!!

And gosh, so many interesting, talented people here! Thanks for starting this thead LAJ!

Sadly though, after reading all this, I have come to the conclusion that I am terribly un-unusual. I have no nifty stories to tell, like flattening my nose to pancake status, or seeing dead people, or having out of body experiences.
39.gif

2.gif

Do you not realise Ellen that by being the un-unusual one you are more special than the rest of us unusual ones. We are ten-a-penny but you are unique
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
WHOA. You gals are a little strange! I want to add things but I don''t have any really interesting things:

1) I desperately want to have an encounter with a ghost because then I will believe that there is something after death, so I love hearing your ghost stories (especially if you aren''t believers).

2) I will get very sick (tummy) with nausea right when bad things are happening.

3) I remember ALL of my dreams. When I am having a nice dream, I unfortunately KNOW that it is a dream. The rest of the time, I have very, very violent, graphic nightmares. Sleep is not pleasant for me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 9:05:10 AM
Author: Maisie

Date: 2/28/2009 8:00:35 AM
Author: Ellen

12.gif

39.gif

2.gif

Do you not realise Ellen that by being the un-unusual one you are more special than the rest of us unusual ones. We are ten-a-penny but you are unique
9.gif
Aww, I like that Mais. I''m not sure it''s terribly true, but I''m buying it.
9.gif
Fankies you.
hug.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very interesting thread! I love all the fascinating facts about everyone. Here''s a few of mine:

1. I was in the Superbowl Halftime show my freshman year of highschool. The cheerleaders were asked to dance on the field to a song, but they decided they needed us to sing backup to the Judds at the last minute. So we wore these gold choir gowns and sang, it was awesome! We were featured on Entertainment tonight.

2. I met my husband the summer before I graduated college when I worked for a promotions company. We traveled the US together the whole summer and probably visited at least 15 states, it was so much fun!

3. I was an extra on Dawson''s Creek a few times and danced in a scene at a wedding with James Vanderbeek. I thought I wanted to be an actress at some point, but realized it wasn''t for me!

4. I''ve had one of those life flashes before your eyes moments....in college, my best friend was driving us back from a concert on a back road late at night when out of nowhere was a huge deer. I was in the passenger seat and it almost went through the windshield, but bounced on top of the roof instead. The car was totaled but we walked away with no injuries.

5. I also have some of those same intuitions. We got on a road behind a truck carrying logs and I pulled over on the side of the road. I just had a weird feeling and a few seconds later, one of the logs fell off the back of the truck....very weird, so I always listen to my gut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results