shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual, true personal facts about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:23:37 PM
Author: Catmom
This is fun! I''ll play.........

1. I broke my sister''s nose with a block when I was 5 [she deserved it!]

2. I also can touch my nose with my tongue

3. I have a Gortex patch in my heart

4. I played a concert with Jack Benny

What instrument do you play? Do you sing as well?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:30:52 PM
Author: Linda W
Date: 2/27/2009 9:12:13 PM

Author: DivaDiamond007

This sounds fun so I''ll play!

1. I have the rarest blood type (at least I think it''s the rarest), which is O-

2. I can touch the tip of my tongue to the tip of my nose.

3. I can wiggle my ears.

4. Gross but true - I''ve only thrown up one time as an adult (knock on wood) and that was while I was pregnant.

I am also 0- You and my cousin are the only other people I know.

My brother is also O-. I have no idea what mine is though.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:21:38 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Don't leave us hanging Lucky . . . we must know more about your UFO sighting and 9/11 prophecy. How many days before was your dream? Did you see actual images, or did you just have the knowledge that it was happening?
It was a month or two before. I didn't see any planes, terrorists or anything, nor did I have the knowledge that it was a terrorist attack (if I truly was dreaming of 9/11...could just be a freaky coincidence). At the time I had JUST moved to Houston....was still unpacking and everything. It was my first time in a big "city" other than Boston and since I was 18 years old everything was shiny and fascinating to me. Although I didn't live in a high rise when I moved there, I attributed the dream to my new urban life. I will tell you one thing though...the dream was vivid enough that I told all three of my roomates, my mother AND a friend back home. It was very unsettling to me because it felt so real. But then I completely forgot about it!!! Even after 9/11 happened and I saw on TV the people jumping from a burning building it never crossed my mind. It wasn't until a few weeks later that my mom told me that she saw some special on TV about thousands of people having dreams about 9/11. Then she reminded me of my dream. I think she said she saw the show on Nova? She mentioned that a lot of the people interviewed had a dream just like mine with burning buildings and people jumping out of windows.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:37:57 PM
Author: geckodani
1. I''ve seen and spoken with an angel.

2. I vividly remember the pattern on my receiving blanket.

3. My eyes coordinate themselves to what I am wearing.

4. I practically grew up at Disneyland. I have been in parades, driven the floats, boats and carts and even run a few rides.

5. I''ve had over 40 stitches but never broken a bone.

Please tell us your angel story.
12.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:31:51 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 9:52:39 PM
Author: thing2of2
Let me think...

1. I'm double-jointed and I can put my palm flat on a table and spin my arm in a complete circle without lifting my hand at all.

2. I'm undefeated in Pictionary.

3. I have a crazy good memory.

4. I play on 5 different soccer teams.

5. I have a twin sister, which is relatively unusual at my age. Younger kids, not so much, what with all the fertility treatments!
3.gif

Okay, maybe not that interesting but I think they're fairly unusual!

Those are very unusual. I'm fascinated with twins (I'm a gemini) - and think I may have supposed to have been one (I had a lot of extra teeth that showed only in x-ray that had to be surgically removed). A crazy good memory can be a curse sometimes - remembering things others do not, etc. What is your favorite memory?

Wow, I bet you were supposed to be twin...that's interesting! Yeah, the memory is a curse occasionally, actually!

My favorite memories are probably of the trips I take. I love to travel and I try to do it as often as possible. I can still remember going to Europe for the first time when I was 17 and everything was so interesting and amazing! A lot of my other trips have been great too, but that one really sticks out because it was the first time I'd been away from my parents for an extended period of time and I was basically on my own for almost 2 months! I went with my twin sister and we met up with our good friend who was an exchange student we hosted when we were juniors in high school. She was from Prague, so we flew there to meet her and then we backpacked all around. We went to Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, France and England...it was awesome!

ETA I would love to hear about your out of body experience!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:40:08 PM

1. I have the rarest blood type (at least I think it''s the rarest), which is O-

3. I can wiggle my ears.

4. Gross but true - I''ve only thrown up one time as an adult (knock on wood) and that was while I was pregnant.

My brother is also O-. I have no idea what mine is though.
O- isn''t the rarest blood type, but is the most amazing and sought after. It is the universal blood type and every other blood type can accept it.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
1. I won a car when I was a senior in college

2. I met Suge Knight and OJ Simpson in the same night and I was really fascinated and not scared.

3. I am convinced that I have psychic abilities, because there are some things I 'just know'

4. when I was a baby, my parents found me unconscious over my tricycle and no one has ever figured out what happened

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 10:38:27 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 10:23:37 PM
Author: Catmom
This is fun! I''ll play.........

1. I broke my sister''s nose with a block when I was 5 [she deserved it!]

2. I also can touch my nose with my tongue

3. I have a Gortex patch in my heart

4. I played a concert with Jack Benny

What instrument do you play? Do you sing as well?
Clarinet and no, no singing for me, LOL.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:51:00 PM
Author: Blair138

2. I met Suge Knight and OJ Simpson in the same night and I was really fascinated and not scared.

3. I am convinced that I have psychic abilities, because there are some things I ''just know''

4. when I was a baby, my parents found me unconscious over my tricycle and no one has ever figured out what happened
I would be scared to death of Suge!!!!!! He''s nuts.

Re: #4, I wonder if you had a migraine? I passed out when I had my first migraine and it totally freaked my mom out!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Interesting posts...I hope all you ladies come back and elaborate some more!

Nothing too unusual here:

1. I clearly heard my cat purring behind my head while lying in bed after he died (he always slept above my head), as well as felt him jump up on the bed and walk over to me several times (so did my sisters).
2. I had ocd pretty badly as a kid. My mum insisted I was just weird lol. I washed my hands and doors a lot for some reason
33.gif
I also was obsessed with symmetry and couldn't stop cutting my bangs (they would end up about half an inch long)
20.gif
So glad I grew out of it, although I am still a little obsessive about some things. Nothing like that though. It is funny to look back on now (except for the photos), and my fiance still thinks I am weird.
3. I taught myself correspondence from grade 4 till I graduated, and barely went to any classes in university because I was so used to learning on my own. I always did well, and I work all alone everyday now. I am pretty social and love my friends, I just don't like working with anyone.
4. I knew my fiance was going to be important to me from the moment I met him. I just had a strange feeling as soon as I saw his face as I randomaly passed him in a hallway, and months later when my friend called to tell me he was bringing a friend by, I instantly knew it was this same guy. Little did I know what I was getting myself into lol
9.gif

ETA 5. The first night my parents brought me home from the hospital, they put me in the middle of their bed. When they woke up I was no where to be found until my mum realized I had somehow wriggled down to the bottom and fallen into the space at the bottom of the blanket. They thought I would be dead, but I was just sleeping happily :)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:57:25 PM
Author: luckystar112
Date: 2/27/2009 10:51:00 PM

3. I am convinced that I have psychic abilities, because there are some things I ''just know''

I would be scared to death of Suge!!!!!! He''s nuts.

Re: #4, I wonder if you had a migraine? I passed out when I had my first migraine and it totally freaked my mom out!

Interesting about the migraine...I know I was taken in the ambulance and they ran tons of tests, and I''m still here and mostly normal!

I totally didn''t know who Suge was...my friend had to tell me, he was with Petey Pablo whom I also would never have recognized
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a really interesting thread.

- I can recite the entirety of When Harry Met Sally line-for-line. I watched it every night before I went to bed in college, all four years.

- I''m eerily good at taking standardized tests, even when I don''t know the content at all. I usually score between the 97th to 99th percentile. (That''s how I got my full scholarship to law school.)

- I can hear frequencies beyond the normal human range. Yes, that includes some dog whistles. I am extremely sensitive to certain frequencies, and my parents say that when I was four years old I habitually got up and turned the volume all the way down on the television set the moment Julia Child came on after my favorite program. One day, as the story goes, the volume knob didn''t work so I was unable to silence her horrible voice, and apparently, it was then that I threw a basketball into our television set.
I was also unable to tolerate Lily Tomlin''s voice when she played that Edith Ann character. *shudders*

Thing--I met Paul Rudd in London after I saw him perform in The Shape of Things. He has a surprisingly large head which dwarfs the rest of his body. It was very odd. And disappointing.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll play too!
9.gif

- I have repeated flashes of my previous life (I believe with regression therapy, I can actually find out much more about it but I am too scared of what I might find out!).
- I remembered my mom singing the lullaby to me when I was two.
- At the age of 3 or 4, I saved my brother''s life when he fell into the water in a flood in our home.
- I''ve actually seen several ghosts
- I''ve shot a rifle
- I survived for 5 days without any food or water (really true, i swear!)

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Luckystar- So exciting! I think I have read about your dream in another thread? or maybe I am psychic and that can be my unsual thing! ha j/k.

I always wanted to be a twin growing up... I''d even take being an "Irish twin." I never knew my biological father growing up and always wished I had a secret sibling somewhere. hehe. The joys of being a kid again.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:03:14 PM
Author: Haven

Thing--I met Paul Rudd in London after I saw him perform in The Shape of Things. He has a surprisingly large head which dwarfs the rest of his body. It was very odd. And disappointing.

LOL! This just makes him more adorable to me, because I have a big head too. I look like a hot air balloon next to my friends in photos. Big heads unite!
10.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock

3. I can wiggle my ears.

My dad is also 0-. Strange!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My teeth didn''t-- and still don''t-- fall out on their own. I only lost a few teeth as a child but have had over 14 teeth either pulled or surgically removed. And I STILL have some baby molars. I''m 27.

My dad and grandfather built the house I grew up in while my mom was pregnant with me, and the entire family is agreed that the house is haunted. Nothing too evil or scary, but 100% without a doubt, haunted. My dad (who is otherwise a completely practical guy) has always been convinced that the "beings" in the house are my mother''s mis-carried children. Weird and morbid I know, but he''s got his reasons why he thinks so.

He and I saw and described the same "ghost" if you will, on different occasions to my mom, who realized we were talking about the same little boy.

I had many recurring dreams as a kid, one of a girl nearly my age who hung out in my room while I was sleeping. She never talked, but could walk on the walls and the ceiling and would just kind of smile and dance around. One night in my dream, she was sitting on my bean bag chair, just smiling at me for a long time. When I woke up, the chair was gone. I mean GONE. SEARCHED AND SEARCHED AND SEARCHED the house, the attic, the yard, everywhere. Had my parents looking for it with me. It was gone and I never saw it, or her again.

My dad and I both suffered from sleep paralysis quite frequently while living there, which is supposedly pretty rare. It''s when your mind is awake, except for the part that allows you to move (apparently in some stages of your sleep your mind prohibits your body from moving so you don''t injure yourself). Of course, we had no idea what it was at that point. Just scary dreams that you wake from, but you can''t move a muscle or make a sound for a scary length of time.

Since moving from there about eight years ago, I''ve never had a ghostly dream again and have only had sleep paralysis once. By that time I had learned what it was and it wasn''t nearly as scary:)

I sound really weird and creepy but I promise I''m not! The house is though! Even my dogs knew it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:08:39 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 2/27/2009 11:03:14 PM

LOL! This just makes him more adorable to me, because I have a big head too. I look like a hot air balloon next to my friends in photos. Big heads unite!
10.gif

Well there you go!

I just thought of another unusual thing about me, and it''s actually probably the most entertaining:

- I have no cartilage and no bone in my nose. The cartilage ends about a quarter of an inch down from the very top of my nose, which means my entire schnoz is totally pliable.
When I''m in the mood for it, I like to flatten my entire face against a window when my DH is standing on the other side. It''s very attractive.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:13:19 PM
Author: Kelli
My teeth didn''t-- and still don''t-- fall out on their own. I only lost a few teeth as a child but have had over 14 teeth either pulled or surgically removed. And I STILL have some baby molars. I''m 27.

Me, too, Kelli! It was so bad that my parents said the tooth fairy wrote them a letter and to offer me $10 for every tooth that I pulled out on my own. (It was cheaper than having the dentist pull them!) It didn''t work, I couldn''t pull them out, and I ended up having 12 teeth pulled total.

I don''t have baby molars, but I did just start getting my wisdom teeth in, and I''m 28.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock

My dad and grandfather built the house I grew up in while my mom was pregnant with me, and the entire family is agreed that the house is haunted. Nothing too evil or scary, but 100% without a doubt, haunted. My dad (who is otherwise a completely practical guy) has always been convinced that the ''beings'' in the house are my mother''s mis-carried children. Weird and morbid I know, but he''s got his reasons why he thinks so.

He and I saw and described the same ''ghost'' if you will, on different occasions to my mom, who realized we were talking about the same little boy.

I had many recurring dreams as a kid, one of a girl nearly my age who hung out in my room while I was sleeping. She never talked, but could walk on the walls and the ceiling and would just kind of smile and dance around. One night in my dream, she was sitting on my bean bag chair, just smiling at me for a long time. When I woke up, the chair was gone. I mean GONE. SEARCHED AND SEARCHED AND SEARCHED the house, the attic, the yard, everywhere. Had my parents looking for it with me. It was gone and I never saw it, or her again.

My dad and I both suffered from sleep paralysis quite frequently while living there, which is supposedly pretty rare. It''s when your mind is awake, except for the part that allows you to move (apparently in some stages of your sleep your mind prohibits your body from moving so you don''t injure yourself). Of course, we had no idea what it was at that point. Just scary dreams that you wake from, but you can''t move a muscle or make a sound for a scary length of time.

Since moving from there about eight years ago, I''ve never had a ghostly dream again and have only had sleep paralysis once. By that time I had learned what it was and it wasn''t nearly as scary:)

I sound really weird and creepy but I promise I''m not! The house is though! Even my dogs knew it!
Okay, I''m going to have trouble sleeping tonight!
32.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I totalled a motorcycle (bent in half) in the Malibu canyons and walked away without a scratch.

I was a Scholastic Gold Key Art Award winner in my state two years in a row.

I took the grand prize award in a juried photography show.

I barfed 5 or more times a day for 9 months including in the delivery room.

I''ve been profiled in magazines three times.

I saw a UFO with my mom as a teen.

I''m distantly related to a Catholic saint that was canonized (I forget her name).

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:14:55 PM

- I have no cartilage and no bone in my nose. The cartilage ends about a quarter of an inch down from the very top of my nose, which means my entire schnoz is totally pliable.
When I'm in the mood for it, I like to flatten my entire face against a window when my DH is standing on the other side. It's very attractive.
LOL! This made me laugh out loud.

ETA: I have extrely stretchable nostrils. I can fit a whole quarter in there so that you can't even see it.
23.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

My dad and grandfather built the house I grew up in while my mom was pregnant with me, and the entire family is agreed that the house is haunted. Nothing too evil or scary, but 100% without a doubt, haunted. My dad (who is otherwise a completely practical guy) has always been convinced that the ''beings'' in the house are my mother''s mis-carried children. Weird and morbid I know, but he''s got his reasons why he thinks so.

He and I saw and described the same ''ghost'' if you will, on different occasions to my mom, who realized we were talking about the same little boy.

I have lived in a creepy house like that, but no one else had issues just me - once we moved out it never happened again.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
When I'm in the mood for it, I like to flatten my entire face against a window when my DH is standing on the other side. It's very attractive.

can you post a picture of this Haven? I am weirdly intrigued!!!
3.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock

This sounds fun so I'll play!

1. I have the rarest blood type (at least I think it's the rarest), which is O-

3. I can wiggle my ears.

4. Gross but true - I've only thrown up one time as an adult (knock on wood) and that was while I was pregnant.

I'm O- as well. Three A+ kids = 6 Rhogam shots = not fun!

Okay, unusual-ish things about me:

1. I attended a college named for a mountain that an ancestor of mine (who was a surveyor) named for himself. I didn't know it at the time.

2. I was raised in a religion that most people have never heard of. I promise it's not a cult!

3. I'm a part owner of a tree farm.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:28:03 PM
When I''m in the mood for it, I like to flatten my entire face against a window when my DH is standing on the other side. It''s very attractive.

can you post a picture of this Haven? I am weirdly intrigued!!!
3.gif

Let''s just say that a picture of my flattened face would be scarier than Kelli''s ghost story.
Imagine a pancake with some eyes, nostrils, and lips smashed into it.
3.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I can''t stop laughing!!!
I NEED to see the scary pancake face!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 11:36:06 PM
Author: luckystar112
Okay, I can''t stop laughing!!!

I NEED to see the scary pancake face!

I CAN''T! I can''t do it! I can''t post a picture of my awful, flattened, cartilage-free face!
I''m sorry. It''s just too awful. It would forever etch a horrible, horrible image in your mind and I can''t be responsible for that. I just can''t.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock

Well, I guess I''m not going to sleep tonight.
32.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
1. I''m related to people that founded the state of Rhode Island, and there is an actual society that my grandmother made me become a member of that likes to talk about this.

2. The knuckles in my fingers bend backwards.

3. I used to be the best bass clarinet player in my state.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results