shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique, interesting, or just plain odd stones...Post them here!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s my opalescent

4FDA2FB8-671E-4DB0-9663-315C665B4678.jpeg

That is GORGEOUS. Where did you find such a beauty?? I am literally poised to search ALL the sites. ;-). I've been looking at Fancy White diamonds on Leibish but they are kinda $$$, hoping to find a "clouds not shown" I1 which gets close enough. :mrgreen:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
NGL — I was thinking about this one.

0F480E10-E106-423B-B043-6C8288BC1766.jpeg

It is a GIA gray diamond with violet overtone. As opposed to having a GIA color of purple. It also has some rough inclusions. But in the video it definitely looks goth-purple. I love that color.

It is just too included at that size for me personally to spend $3720. But when I get around to the “purple diamond” line item on my wish list I hope I can find one as midnight dark as this, regardless of price.

Might end up with a spinel. There are worse things in life.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Ha I was doing the same thing! Am saving money right now or I would have considered a 0.58 J or a 0.48 G… in case you are still looking… :lol:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean and @tyty333 some of the diamonds on JA or BN or even Etsy might be practice cuts… that flowery radiant might be one… just a hunch…

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats kind of cool @Cerulean ...at first I thought it was sort of a part rose-cut and part round brilliant on the edge, however, when
he turned it sideways you can see that it has a flat table. Interesting!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thats kind of cool @Cerulean ...at first I thought it was sort of a part rose-cut and part round brilliant on the edge, however, when
he turned it sideways you can see that it has a flat table. Interesting!

I actually find it charming too! I could see some quirky bride really appreciating it for an engagement ring, or just for a cool RHR or pendant!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Not that unusual but an interesting find. I was considering so I texted the JA SA. It is I1. JA SA says the grading flaw is a feather near the girdle that would not show much once set but that might affect structural integrity. Curious what experts have to say. SA said that I1 was not due to clouds etc.

ETA: not asking trade to comment on this diamond, just on the issue of feather on girdle — too risky? Ok with setting in bezel? Ok with any setting ?

Anyway, I decided it is a no but maybe someone else here is interested.

E4F398DF-542F-44A8-92FF-3E159F5D552B.jpeg

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't that the cutest little thing! Never seen an H&A heart before!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I don't usually like hearts, but IT'S SO CUTE!

I don’t usually either! I’m tempted to buy one of the little ones…their stock setting is horrendous which is my main hold up!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Not that unusual but an interesting find. I was considering so I texted the JA SA. It is I1. JA SA says the grading flaw is a feather near the girdle that would not show much once set but that might affect structural integrity. Curious what experts have to say. SA said that I1 was not due to clouds etc.

ETA: not asking trade to comment on this diamond, just on the issue of feather on girdle — too risky? Ok with setting in bezel? Ok with any setting ?

Anyway, I decided it is a no but maybe someone else here is interested.

E4F398DF-542F-44A8-92FF-3E159F5D552B.jpeg

Ack, so bubbly and cute! I would only buy it if JA was setting it -- otherwise, too nervous about what would happen if the feather turned into an actual chip during setting. But it's a gorgeous I1 if you're prepared to bezel it using the vendor's bench!

@Cerulean those chubby hearts are absolutely so stinkin' cute, and I bet they perform well, too!! Hmm. I might have a job for one of those little critters...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is soooo cute! Will you be getting this?

I thought about it - I actually put a smaller one on hold! But decided I’d rather check off a long time bucket list item instead! If anyone wants it - go for it!!!

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
You're right....that looks very much like a criss cut or like my Daussi I have. Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results