shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

My son says he wants me to go to Politics Anonymous. I can't believe I watch this stuff so much. I am surprised at myself as I am cursing very bad words either to myself or the TV. Usually I don't like foul language and I don't use it often. Like Katherath I want to give him the finger in person. my dream.
We now must look to Comeys replacement. The FBI invest. should still continue. But, he is so nutso he may put a partisan in the spot.
IMO this is a cover-up. Something is there. I believe Mike Flynn got the OK to talk to the Russian about sanctions from The Fake Pres. DJT. He is very afraid he is a Fake Pres.

Annette

My poor husband is the one who listens to my political rants - I'm sure he wishes he could send me to Politics Anonymous too, lol. (We agree on almost everything politically, but I definitely rant quite a bit more than he does).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annette, Your post had me LOL. Like Katharath, my poor husband has to listen to my rants about Trump. My father has been a die hard Republican for years. He would seriously go into withdrawal if he missed an eposide of the Fox News evening line up. My husband told me shortly after Trump took office that I was beginning to sound like the democrat version of my dad. I've since toned it down at home. Thank goodness my husband and I agree politically.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

My son says he wants me to go to Politics Anonymous. I can't believe I watch this stuff so much. I am surprised at myself as I am cursing very bad words either to myself or the TV. Usually I don't like foul language and I don't use it often. Like Katherath I want to give him the finger in person. my dream.
We now must look to Comeys replacement. The FBI invest. should still continue. But, he is so nutso he may put a partisan in the spot.
IMO this is a cover-up. Something is there. I believe Mike Flynn got the OK to talk to the Russian about sanctions from The Fake Pres. DJT. He is very afraid he is a Fake Pres.

Annette

There could well be a cover-up, but it may not be collusion or even Russia. All the maneuvering by the White House suggest there is definitely something Trump doesn't want to come out, but given his ego, it could be as innocuous as him not having as much money as he claims.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
My son says he wants me to go to Politics Anonymous
That made me laugh this morning. I'm sure that somebody feels that way about me. I think I feel that way about me. I can't get anything done. This shit show is just 24/7.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Okay.. I guess we were all posting at the same time :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
upload_2017-5-12_8-41-33.png
This mornings rant after his dose of cable news, which he doesn't watch. How about that last tweet? Yikes!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The President of the United States publicly threatening the former director of the FBI.

You'd think it couldn't become more of a sh*tshow than it already has, but every day brings new and fresh deliveries.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
:-o Is Trump openly threatening James Comey?!?!?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There could well be a cover-up, but it may not be collusion or even Russia. All the maneuvering by the White House suggest there is definitely something Trump doesn't want to come out, but given his ego, it could be as innocuous as him not having as much money as he claims.

Hi,

This morning I heard a commentator make a similar remark. He said "this may be a cover-up without a crime." How funny!
Annette

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is truly the gift that keeps on giving. I can wait until he is out of office and this s&$tshow is over. It is becoming increasingly clear that the republicans have no integrity. They don't do a damn thing to stop him.

Annette, Please let me know if you find a politics anonymous meeting. I will pick you up and we can attend together.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melissa McCarty was seen taping SNL in NYC on Friday. She was seen cruising down the down the street on a motorized podium dressed as Sean Spicer. This ought to be good!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite political quotes ever:

"Trump is almost supernatural in his multivariate unfitness, combining combustible levels of ignorance, amorality, venality and mental imbalance in a way not seen even when Richard Nixon drank alone."

HA!

Full Bloomberg article here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...-he-is-unfit-and-yet-he-s-still-the-president

He Shows He Is Unfit. Yet He's Still the President.
The system can deal with a crooked president. But not a crazy one.

President Donald Trump is not always crazy like a fox. And that -- more than obstruction of justice, or any potential criminality related to Russia -- is the greatest threat facing the U.S. It's also a threat that U.S. institutions are failing to acknowledge, let alone confront.

Trump is unlikely to succeed at completely derailing the FBI investigation into his campaign's ties to Russia. But he might undermine it enough to avoid any serious consequences. Even without his subterfuge, the investigation could prove inconclusive.

But at least there is an investigation into Russia, in addition to congressional inquiries, news reporting, and a general mobilization of expert opinion and institutions. The investigations are vital. Unless they are, ultimately, beside the point.

For two days early this week, Trump's staff went to great lengths to establish a plausible claim that Trump did not instigate the firing of FBI director James Comey. Instead, White House aides and Vice President Mike Pence insisted that Trump was responding to concerns raised in a memo by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

This White House has not assembled a highly competent or ethical team. So the explanations were pretty dodgy. But they nonetheless represented a coordinated effort to define Trump's actions and confine the political damage from firing Comey.

Then on Thursday Trump told NBC News anchor Lester Holt that Rosenstein's memo wasn't even significant. "I -- I was going to fire Comey," Trump said. Holt immediately questioned him on the issue, all but encouraging Trump to get his story aligned with the previous White House talking points. Trump wasn't having it.

"Oh, I was gonna fire regardless of recommendation," Trump said.

There is good reason for journalists and others to ask whether Trump's statements to Holt constitute something close to an admission that he fired Comey to impede the Russia investigation. (Trump said he was eager for the investigation to end.) There is good reason to use this interview as evidence that Trump's White House staff is often no more truthful than Trump himself.

But the issue of the motives and means of the Trump White House is small compared with the enduring madness of the man himself. Trump's admission to Holt was not an effort to distract from a bunch of bad news stories. Does Trump use such tactics? Frequently. And from this comes the notion that Trump is "crazy like a fox."

But the Holt interview wasn't evidence of being crazy like a fox. This was not a devious move. Trump can be cunning. But he also flails wildly, harming others often and himself occasionally. His recent interviews with the Economist and Time were bizarre and frequently incoherent.

As my colleague Jon Bernstein wrote:

Trump can't be bothered to even master his own talking points, even in something which could put his entire presidency at risk. Or perhaps he's intellectually incapable of doing so.

Trump is almost supernatural in his multivariate unfitness, combining combustible levels of ignorance, amorality, venality and mental imbalance in a way not seen even when Richard Nixon drank alone.

The Russia investigation serves as an outlet for collective anxiety about Trump's unfitness, just as the prospect of indictments offers a potential deus ex machina to resolve the dangers inherent in Trump's administration. But what if they resolve nothing? Or take too long doing so?

It's easy to miss the dense and haunted forest of Trump for all the trees. Speaking to National Public Radio, Republican Senator Ben Sasse, who has kept a safe distance from Trump, spoke of his concerns and lamented the state of American political conflict.

We have a crisis of public trust in this country that is much deeper than just the last four months or the last 18 months. We have an erosion of a shared narrative about what America is about. And we have the huge unpopularity of almost all of our governing institutions. That should trouble everybody.

Yes, indeed. That's all true. Meanwhile, however, we have a slightly more pressing problem. The president of the United States is mentally and morally unfit with a nuclear arsenal at his fingertips. And no one in Washington knows what to do about it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Politics Anonymous for us ladies!!!

Then we might be less angry, and I think anger is very powerful tool! It's certainly motivating people to become engaged in politics in this country in a way that hasn't been see in recent time, and I think it's what we need (a) in terms of getting the Pubs out of power in the mid-terms, and (b) in terms of -- hopefully -- leading us to a more moderate and centerist (is that a word?) leader in the future (which I truly believe we need as that is what I think will help people cross party lines and work for what is best for everyone, regardless of party label).

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

DeeJay --Where are those centrists and moderates coming from? Democrats have moved further left. That's the problem. Very few are moderates.

Annette

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annette,

That is a very real and valid question. My answer -- and the only thing that gets me out of bed each morning -- is the hope that politicians of all parties in this country are coming to the realization that moving toward the center is (a) the best thing for The People *in general*, and (b) the best way to get other (hopefully reasonable) politicians to cooperate and actually get things done.

I like to think of this movement as the formation of the Unicorn Party.

(Of course I'm being tongue in cheek... but only somewhat.)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That I can believe...;-)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is hysterical Katharath.... and so true. Trump would have let that secret out of the bag the very first week in office.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe aliens DO exist and Trump DOES know, but he just chose to tell someone else (perhaps the Russians?) instead of Americans.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perhaps a cross between council and counsel one can get councel? ;-)
I constantly have to edit here because my fingers cannot keep up with my brain and some words are used more than others so my brain tells the fingers to type one but I meant the other spelling. We all misspell things. The C is close to the S on the keyboard. Just sayin'. ;-)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I constantly have to edit here because my fingers cannot keep up with my brain and some words are used more than others so my brain tells the fingers to type one but I meant the other spelling. We all misspell things. The C is close to the S on the keyboard. Just sayin'. ;-)

But Red, you aren't (allegedly) the most powerful person in the free world posting for the entire universe to see. I'm a horrible speller and my fingers and synapses aren't always moving at the same pace either, but I guarandamntee you if I was putting something out there To Every Person On The Planet, knowing that it would be scrutinized nine ways from Sunday, I would triple -- quadruple!!! -- every letter, punctuation mark, and the spacing itself before I hit submit.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But Red, you aren't (allegedly) the most powerful person in the free world posting for the entire universe to see. I'm a horrible speller and my fingers and synapses aren't always moving at the same pace either, but I guarandamntee you if I was putting something out there To Every Person On The Planet, knowing that it would be scrutinized nine ways from Sunday, I would triple -- quadruple!!! -- every letter, punctuation mark, and the spacing itself before I hit submit.

Are you sure? :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just having a bit of fun this morning. Sorry it was at your expense Dee. :wavey: :mrgreen:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha -- no offense taken! And I knew when I typed that it could be taken in that way, but I left it because it amused me too! I feel honored to be corresponding with the (allegedly) most powerful person in the free world! :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results