carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I had some time to think about what Deb posted. I'm going to agree with you Deb, that he has some form of dementia.
Do any of you really think that a man who went to a military academy as a teen, and the University of PPa. would not know what the Civil War was fought for? I cannot believe this. Yes, stress may make us not as sharp as we once were, but to forget those facts, no way.

Now, as far as what he does when it comes to his businesses, that is ingrained in him. He has properties(Hotels), in the Phillipines, in Turkey and has wanted to build one in Russia for many years, and has not been able to get permission. Of course he is friendly to those strong men.

These are dangerous times. We will get through it.

Annette

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-05-04/the-shame-of-the-house-health-care-vote

The Shame of the House

The dereliction of duty is breathtaking. In pushing the American Health Care Act through the House of Representatives, Speaker Paul Ryan and his Republican conference have voted to remake almost one-fifth of the U.S. economy. They did so without public hearings, without input from outside experts, without analysis by the Congressional Budget Office and without, finally, much compunction or consideration of the tens of millions of Americans it will harm.

“I don’t think we should pass bills that we haven’t read and don’t know what they cost,” Ryan said in the summer of 2009, referring (unfairly) to Obamacare. This kind of hypocrisy might be overlooked if the new bill had any merit. It doesn’t.

If anything, it’s more damaging than the original bill Republicans tabled in March. The CBO said that legislation would have taken away health insurance from some 24 million Americans. The new bill could push the number higher.

It would allow states to get waivers from some of the protections that the Affordable Care Act provides -- most important, the rule that says insurers cannot charge higher premiums to people with pre-existing health problems. In such states, people who let their insurance lapse for a couple of months could be charged unaffordable premiums.

An amendment added on the eve of the vote is meant to soften this blow by giving states a little more money to set up “high-risk pools” for the victims. But high-risk pools -- which separate sick people from the general population and charge them higher premiums -- can’t work without adequate funding. And this legislation offers hundreds of billions of dollars less than what would be needed.

Details aside, the bill would undermine health-insurance markets by increasing uncertainty for insurers who are trying to determine what plans to sell -- if any at all -- in the months ahead.

Why did Ryan, who rose to prominence on the wings of wonkery, force this bill through the House with only passing review? Not because it would improve anyone’s welfare. One of the main attractions of the bill for Republicans is that it would cut taxes for the well-to-do. Another is that it would help Republicans escape a political dilemma of their own design: Having dissembled about Obamacare for years, the party was forced to propose its alternative. Because Republicans didn’t actually have one, they had to fake it.

Ryan has achieved his goal -- passing this tainted buck to the Senate. The Senate should treat the legislation with the respect it deserves.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump just had a press conference which showed him surrounded by his sea of old white men patting themselves on the back for their victory.

The absolute epitome of a misogynistic, xenophobic, narcissistic circle jerk. Somebody hand Chump a cracker.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay this bill is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the other one that failed. The only reason this trash passed was BECAUSE the freedom caucus (e.g. the most horrible group of people who care zero percent about anyone) agreed to it. The FC agreed to it because they made it significantly worse for people who are poor, sick, etc. It is an absolutely horrible bill and I hope any GOPers who voted for it are ashamed and can't sleep at night.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay this bill is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the other one that failed. The only reason this trash passed was BECAUSE the freedom caucus (e.g. the most horrible group of people who care zero percent about anyone) agreed to it. The FC agreed to it because they made it significantly worse for people who are poor, sick, etc. It is an absolutely horrible bill and I hope any GOPers who voted for it are ashamed and can't sleep at night.

Love, I think the idea that these a$$hats are capable of being ashamed of anything anymore is giving them FAR too much credit.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what I heard on Morning Edition on my way to work this morning: Rep. Tom Cole (R-Oklahoma) shrugging off the interviewer's questions on the ground that it doesn't really matter that the House approves today's bill; the Senate will never approve it, and between today and the inevitable joint conferences on down the line, it will shape up differently; we, your elected Republican representatives in the House and Senate, will figure it out later.

Perhaps my rising blood pressure muffled my hearing, but his statements sure sounded to me like "Hey, we're just passing a bill today for window dressing-showmanship reasons."
http://beta.wnyc.org/story/republican-rep-tom-cole-on-gop-health-care-bill

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what I heard on Morning Edition on my way to work this morning: Rep. Tom Cole (R-Oklahoma) shrugging off the interviewer's questions on the ground that it doesn't really matter that the House approves today's bill; the Senate will never approve it, and between today and the inevitable joint conferences on down the line, it will shape up differently; we, your elected Republican representatives in the House and Senate, will figure it out later.

Perhaps my rising blood pressure muffled my hearing, but his statements sure sounded to me like "Hey, we're just passing a bill today for window dressing-showmanship reasons."
http://beta.wnyc.org/story/republican-rep-tom-cole-on-gop-health-care-bill

Molly, I believe that's exactly right. GOPers are signing off just to make Pvss Grab happy knowing it won't go anywhere.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your right Molly and DeeJay. I tend to get scared easily now. Everyone said there was no way Trump would ever be elected and we all know how that turned out.

Where is Ruby telling us how great this plan is?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither side have any solutions on health care.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like I can't even talk about this, I am so upset.

upload_2017-5-4_20-12-54.png

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
upload_2017-5-4_20-18-3.png

iLander

Ideal_Rock

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I had some time to think about what Deb posted. I'm going to agree with you Deb, that he has some form of dementia.
Do any of you really think that a man who went to a military academy as a teen, and the University of PPa. would not know what the Civil War was fought for? I cannot believe this. Yes, stress may make us not as sharp as we once were, but to forget those facts, no way.

Now, as far as what he does when it comes to his businesses, that is ingrained in him. He has properties(Hotels), in the Phillipines, in Turkey and has wanted to build one in Russia for many years, and has not been able to get permission. Of course he is friendly to those strong men.

These are dangerous times. We will get through it.

Annette
George Will was just on MSNBC talking about how Trump has a "dangerous disability" and talking about dementia.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My flipping head exploded yesterday when I watched Trump and his clowns patting themselves on the back for the wonderful job they did.

I called my representative this morning who voted to approve this. I told his voicemail I hope he enjoyed sticking it the people he represents yesterday because I was sure going to enjoy sticking it to him in 2018 when I cast my vote against him.

The thing that gets me the most upset is my family members who will be directly impacted by this vote support Trump.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I'm being rather quiet today on the boards bc I've moved past the anger stage into my hopeless depression stage (I tend to fluctuate between these two places pretty often since the election). Hoping to get the anger back soon bc it's better than this.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are not alone Katharath. I saw the total list of what conditions could be affected by this bill. There should be a list of what it does cover. It would be a much shorter list. Republicans should be ashamed of themselves.

Sexual Assualt was listed as one of items that would not be covered. Just his way of spitting into the faces of the women he assaulted.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump just had a press conference which showed him surrounded by his sea of old white men patting themselves on the back for their victory.

Joe Scarborough paused the "Morning Joe" show to zoom in on that photo and to tell the audience that it was going to go down in history. I wonder if there is a clip of that on YouTube. It was right at the top of the show, too. I was impressed, because I was feeling knocked down (like many of you) by the health care bill's passage in the House and the totally disgusting celebration held by those rich, white men who were taking from the poor to give to the super-rich.

AGBF

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lots of goodies floating around twitter today.

Our dumbass "president" tweeted a bunch of stupid garbage today, but sometimes I get tired of posting lunacy... it was just his usual lies and attempts at deflection.

IMG_5028.jpg IMG_5030.jpg

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of goodies floating around twitter today.

Our dumbass "president" tweeted a bunch of stupid garbage today, but sometimes I get tired of posting lunacy... it was just his usual lies and attempts at deflection.

IMG_5028.jpg IMG_5030.jpg

I agree kath, he is simply exhausting. Every day is almost like groundhog day. Only not so funny, and no one is learning anything. SAD! #WTF

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make it stop. Please. Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 1.10.35 PM.png

katharath

Ideal_Rock
He is awful, corrupt, stupid, foolish etc etc etc. Every single day he reminds me why he is so unqualified. I actually wish that I could tell him to his face what a disgusting pig of a person he is.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could not agree more Katharath and Siamese. It would be so nice to have just one week of normalcy. Sadly this seems impossible with this administration. I don't what is worse, Trump or the people who come running to his defense. Can you imagine if all this had happened the first few months of Obama's presidency. The whole thing is sad and we look like fools to the rest of the world,

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Could not agree more Katharath and Siamese. It would be so nice to have just one week of normalcy. Sadly this seems impossible with this administration. I don't what is worse, Trump or the people who come running to his defense. Can you imagine if all this had happened the first few months of Obama's presidency. The whole thing is sad and we look like fools to the rest of the world,

Oh, I know. I know. It makes me sad, angry, depressed...

I realize my posts on this topic have become increasingly bitter. I know it probably sounds bizarre to say that I want to tell him to his face how awful he is, lol!! I can't recall ever having had that "wish" about any other person in my life! For me, that really speaks to how upsetting and severe this situation has become.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel very much the same way Katharath but I also honestly feel something is wrong with you if you aren't paying close attention to everything Trump has done and continues to do. We have never seen anything like this Trump administration. I also never would have thought people I have known for years would find anything Trump has done acceptable..... and yet they coming running to his defense. I completely understand how you feel Kath!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I feel very much the same way Katharath but I also honestly feel something is wrong with you if you aren't paying close attention to everything Trump has done and continues to do. We have never seen anything like this Trump administration. I also never would have thought people I have known for years would find anything Trump has done acceptable..... and yet they coming running to his defense. I completely understand how you feel Kath!

At least we all have each other. Y'all are saving my sanity on a daily basis!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you, There are quite a few Trump supporters in my group family and friends. This place has been my happy place on days I hang up the phone and think my head will explode. I appreciate you all more than I can say. Thank you!!!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

My son says he wants me to go to Politics Anonymous. I can't believe I watch this stuff so much. I am surprised at myself as I am cursing very bad words either to myself or the TV. Usually I don't like foul language and I don't use it often. Like Katherath I want to give him the finger in person. my dream.
We now must look to Comeys replacement. The FBI invest. should still continue. But, he is so nutso he may put a partisan in the spot.
IMO this is a cover-up. Something is there. I believe Mike Flynn got the OK to talk to the Russian about sanctions from The Fake Pres. DJT. He is very afraid he is a Fake Pres.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results