carat
color
clarity

To halo or not to halo?

Mturgeon05

Shiny_Rock
Premium
5C03304E-87CD-4B69-8207-36681737CE77.jpeg

She’s here!! I’m totally obsessed - you guys did an amazing job finding this one for me. And even though I know the band is temporary, I am very much underwhelmed with the look of the solitaire. I’m going to check out some local spots for delicate halos...now that I have her I can’t fathom shipping her off to David for a month. He needs to open up shop in Dallas - tomorrow.

(Excuse the horrible pic)

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooooh exciting!! The stone looks amazing and I think it looks quite substantial on your finger even as a solitaire! The shank looks waaaay too thin for my comfort level though, for that size stone especially. And that's coming from someone who prefers dainty pieces. Is it comfortable to wear? It's razor thin.

I'm looking forward to see what you end up doing with it. :mrgreen2:

Mturgeon05

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooooh exciting!! The stone looks amazing and I think it looks quite substantial on your finger even as a solitaire! The shank looks waaaay too thin for my comfort level though, for that size stone especially. And that's coming from someone who prefers dainty pieces. Is it comfortable to wear? It's razor thin.

I'm looking forward to see what you end up doing with it. :mrgreen2:

Thanks! It is amazing. Everything I hoped it would be. And yes - the band is way too thin. It’s comfortable, but def not something I could wear long term. It’s not substantially smaller in mm than my wedding band, but certainly feels (and looks) it. As soon as I have something else picked out I’ll send it back.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never thought I was a halo person, but I love it, I don’t find it too blingy, I wear it out dog walking, shopping, wherever. I’m in the other camp, I’m not a stacker, so I went with a halo for finger coverage and have a pave split band to give me a more ‘complete’ look.

Mturgeon05

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I never thought I was a halo person, but I love it, I don’t find it too blingy, I wear it out dog walking, shopping, wherever. I’m in the other camp, I’m not a stacker, so I went with a halo for finger coverage and have a pave split band to give me a more ‘complete’ look.

I will soon be where you are. DK is working on a drawing for me as we speak. Halo here I come!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
451FAE4C-632D-4233-993A-5A6E9B134198.jpeg 94A896F3-AE5C-46A0-A619-54A29D2F0462.jpeg 57A5F0E9-6593-4D3F-A181-0060681CB0CA.jpeg DBEE0586-DE40-4ECF-ABF8-13A897CBE04D.jpeg

Don’t ignore your preference! Wearing a halo does not define your lifestyle! You mention you love the bling factor and duh, that is one reason why we halo lovers gravitate to them! I love the juxtaposition of an ering halo and jeans and a t-shirt! I’m not saying that I wear cocktail rings on my right hand d to go grocery shopping but a wedding ring style gets a pass any day of the week!
I switch back and forth between halos and solitaires—you can see my most recent threads for research purposes—and I will say that you can stack both types of ringS! You can see my threads.
I still don’t know which I prefer more. I know that when I wore my halo to events, all the young ladies went out of their way to get a closer look and told me how gorgeous it was! Same when I go shopping. With the solitaire on the other hand, I haven’t had such a reaction. I think I myself enjoy it Bc I keep discovering all these fire shows and rainbows that the stone puts on. But idk when that novelty will wear off and then I’ll go back to the halo. Lol.
Nala,

In your case I love the split shank halo!!! I do love the classic look of a six prong solitaire with a eternity but when I wore it I was bored. Go figure. OP go with your own preference and get your halo.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did go halo and it is perfect!!

C0BEA61B-DD6E-40CB-A1FC-ABB73C32E5C1.jpeg

Subtle, and gorgeous!!! I love delicate halos; so dainty & separates the center from the halo to give the center the spotlight! I love it!!! :bigsmile:

Mturgeon05

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Subtle, and gorgeous!!! I love delicate halos; so dainty & separates the center from the halo to give the center the spotlight! I love it!!! :bigsmile:

Thank you!!! That is exactly what I was hoping for. I didn’t want anything to take away from the center stone. I am smitten!

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
I've had both styles in the past. I currently wear a delicate halo setting which highlights my center diamond. But if you ever plan to upgrade in the near future, save your money and keep it in a simple setting.

IMG_8466.jpg

Sorry I know this is a very old post... but I'm trying to decide on the size of my RB I'll be adding a petite halo to. This ring is ABSOLUTELY my dream ring... any way you could share the specs of the centre stone and halo with me? Thank you so much

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I know this is a very old post... but I'm trying to decide on the size of my RB I'll be adding a petite halo to. This ring is ABSOLUTELY my dream ring... any way you could share the specs of the centre stone and halo with me? Thank you so much

With the cursor over the poster's name, right click and a drop down appears. Click on m-2-b's threads and you'll find other threads of hers as well.

dogmom89

Rough_Rock

With the cursor over the poster's name, right click and a drop down appears. Click on m-2-b's threads and you'll find other threads of hers as well.

Thank you!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results