shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany LIW discussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 7:52:38 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Dreamgirl: That''s what it sounds like to me too. My BF is super picky as well. He loves Tiffany and now he loves Leon. I know I will be getting his wedding band from Tiffany. He has already shown me which one he wants :). I am not moving in with my BF until we are engaged. And he wants to move in with me in September ;-). It sounds like you are starting to come to that point where you feel a little more like a ''grown up'' and that he needs to get there too. I am sure all of us LIW are somewhat contributing to that feeling.
Being here certainly has contrubuted somewhat to feeling more ''grown up.'' I''m positive FF is there as far as being grown up goes. He''s totally there. But he just isn''t ''let''s get married'' there. And I think it''s all due to again the mindset he has of having everything be perfect with the job situation. lol

And speaking of the job situation, my current job is facing some huge hurdles within the next several months. They offered a voluntary seperation program where people volunteer to be laid off. They are supposed to apply by Friday but rumor has it that not many have applied. So after that point, they will start looking at layoffs in March, May and then in September. Which freaks me out a lot because I was laid off last June from my previous job and I worry of being lid off again. It would stink if I did get laid off because I make incredible money now that I know I wouldn''t make at another job. And it gets me down a little bit because I''m saving my money for mine and FF''s future together. If I''m laid off, I feel like it will set me back with my ''life'' plans. You know....it''s so frustrating.
20.gif
I''ve got to try and stay positive though.

Which wedding band does he want? I wanna see!
31.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Gah, I have been so stressed out today! I have been looking at wedding bands on the T&Co website to distract myself! SO is pretty convinced with getting his band from T&Co. I will be buying it for him so I was asking him what he likes. He wants it to be platinum and not too wide. I saw a few on the site that looked good but I want him to try them on so I can see what he''s most comfortable with.

I think SO and I have finally come around feeling "grown up". We live together (splitting rent helps because my graduate stipend is not too good), we have two dogs that we care for together, and we are on the same page as far as how we spend our time. I think SO was ready to get married before me! I think for me, being a grad student scared me off to getting married. Grad students around here tend to still keep "undergrad hours" where they come in at noon and leave at 8PM. I simply can''t do that if I want to see my SO. I keep more 9-6 hours just like SO and we are able to spend time together. I felt like I grew up since I started grad school and now I am really ready to settle down. Now it''s just a matter of time before SO officially proposes. I am excited but a little nervous at the same time. Once it happens, my parents are going to try to be in my life more. I had a lot of issues with my parents growing up and when I was in college, I was to the point that I didn''t want any relationship with them. I know I have matured because now I still have issues but I am okay with them.

Having a stable job and being in the right place in your life is really important to wanting to take the next step in the relationship. It has finally happened for SO and I (after over 6.5 years). I know it will happen for all you LIWs too!
1.gif

Sorry to go off topic - it''s nice to have a group to discuss this with! Most of my friends don''t even have BFs right now so they cant really relate.

McStew

Rough_Rock
Just poking my head in to say that I too am a GINORMOUS fan of Tiffany. Have a few silver pieces and a strand of pearls, and hope to one day add an e-ring to my (small but growing) collection. My latest love is the Ribbon Ring - unique and timeless, but I would gladly take any of their rings...

Now, FF knows of my affinity for T&Co (he suppplied the pearls and a pair of earrings), and although I have never told him I have to have an e-ring from there, he''s got it in his head that it''s a requirement of mine! I''ve told him countless times that I don''t have to have or expect a T&Co ring, and that I''ll be happy with pretty much anything from just about anywhere as long as it''s from him and on my finger, but I think this is one of the main things holding him back from proposing. He''s convinced it''s all I''ll be happy with, and that they are mega-expensive, so he''s got to be sure he''s "financially secure" before he can even think about buying one. Only time will tell what he ends up choosing, but if in the end it is T&Co, I will be a very happy girl
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Alright! Another Tiffany girl!
36.gif
The Ribbons ring is very unique. You do know that the pricing has come down a bit, right?

McStew

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 6:16:50 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
You do know that the pricing has come down a bit, right?

Oh yes, I know. Well, I know as much as the website will tell me. Haven''t actually looked at e-rings while at the store (don''t want to get my hopes up). I tell him all the time that the prices aren''t as crazy as he probably thinks they are. And a friend has told him that if he waits until he is "financially secure" he will never do anything (ie: propose, get married, have a baby, etc)!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl, $1400 roughly extra for the baguettes doesn''t seem like that much relatively to the total of $8,500 for the classic setting. I think if you really love it (and your SO too, of course), it`s definitely worthwhile getting it. Don''t forget with Tiffany upgrade is a bit difficult, if you changed your mind in couple of years and really wished you went with the baguettes, then you`d have to spend double with them! Which is much more expensive than $1,400! (I`ll justify anything!..hehe..) If you went with the baguettes, which wedding band would you go for with it?

I understand now when you talk about "being ready to be engaged". I guess it is a big change when you don''t live together... When I got married, DH and I were already living together and sharing joint accounts etc for a long time... so for us marriage didn''t change things that much, other than my name and my parents finally having to accept him as part of family that is here to stay
3.gif

Sorry about your job situation. It is really difficult and frustrating in this economic climate. But you gotta think this is out of your hands, everybody is in the same boat, and as you say, just stay positive.

Firecracker, your colleague fellow "Tiffany" sounds like fun. I wouldn''t mind having someone at work wearing Tiffany diamonds every day that I can stare at. I personally don''t know anyone who owns Tiffany diamonds. I myself have only 2 silver bracelets by Tiffany. But since getting those last year, I find it hard to buy silver jewellery anywhere else anymore, because the difference in quality and shine is really remarkable. Neurology I think is a very good choice. Interesting specialty and good hours/lifestyle. So you`re not moving in with your BF until you`re engaged and he wants you to move in with him in Sept...hmm... things are gonna be happening quite soon then!
2.gif

LabRat, I think it`s important your SO tries on the ring before you buy it!! He might be surprised what he likes and what looks good on him are two different things. My DH wears a wide (~ 4mm) plain WG band and it looks so perfect on him.

McStew, welcome to Pricescope and to Tiffany obsessed thread! Lol... The ribbon ring is really pretty! Very nice design, although I`m not sure I could pull off the look myself. Is there an e-ring that you like by Tiffany`s?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 2:27:25 PM
Date: 2/17/2009 7:52:38 PM

And speaking of the job situation, my current job is facing some huge hurdles within the next several months. They offered a voluntary seperation program where people volunteer to be laid off. They are supposed to apply by Friday but rumor has it that not many have applied. So after that point, they will start looking at layoffs in March, May and then in September. Which freaks me out a lot because I was laid off last June from my previous job and I worry of being lid off again. It would stink if I did get laid off because I make incredible money now that I know I wouldn''t make at another job. And it gets me down a little bit because I''m saving my money for mine and FF''s future together. If I''m laid off, I feel like it will set me back with my ''life'' plans. You know....it''s so frustrating.
20.gif
I''ve got to try and stay positive though.

Which wedding band does he want? I wanna see!
31.gif

Dreamgirl: The two of you are just having horrible luck. I am so sorry. My BF has been worried about his job, but he has been in no real danger at the moment. All you can do is stay positive. So much of what is going on is out of your control. Everyone has setbacks with their life plans. I have sure had mine, enough to right a book.

He is very simple, he wants a plain gold comfort fit band. I think the one he showed me was on the thicker side.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Chiquitapet: It was fun: We used to talk about how snobby the SD store was, and than talk about how much better other stores were in different parts of the country. She has been the only person I have done that in real life. I know 2 other girls with Tiffany''s rings. They are all beautiful.

About the BF and living together. We were talking about moving when I finish residency, and I asked him if he wanted to live with me. He said of course, he would expect it Well I told him I would want a ''solid commitment'' before we moved in. He said he understood. I basically have not brought it up since, and won''t bring it up again unless it comes time to really look for places. We are not quite there yet. But I hope it happens in the next 6 months, and he has given me some hints that he is at least starting to look.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 6:14:12 PM
Author: McStew
Just poking my head in to say that I too am a GINORMOUS fan of Tiffany. Have a few silver pieces and a strand of pearls, and hope to one day add an e-ring to my (small but growing) collection. My latest love is the Ribbon Ring - unique and timeless, but I would gladly take any of their rings...

Now, FF knows of my affinity for T&Co (he suppplied the pearls and a pair of earrings), and although I have never told him I have to have an e-ring from there, he''s got it in his head that it''s a requirement of mine! I''ve told him countless times that I don''t have to have or expect a T&Co ring, and that I''ll be happy with pretty much anything from just about anywhere as long as it''s from him and on my finger, but I think this is one of the main things holding him back from proposing. He''s convinced it''s all I''ll be happy with, and that they are mega-expensive, so he''s got to be sure he''s ''financially secure'' before he can even think about buying one. Only time will tell what he ends up choosing, but if in the end it is T&Co, I will be a very happy girl
9.gif
Oooh yes the ribbon ring is lovely...someone on here had one im sure, i remember seeing the pics?

And yes dream i agree with chiquitapet, relatively $1400 isnt much more for the baguettes if its what you both like...
21.gif

I dont think ill be getting a T&Co ering (ive tried on their emerald cut setting and something is a little off with it for me) but i do want to get my wedding band from there.

SO is set on a solitaire for my ering so i think that means i get to have a blingy band
30.gif
im thinking maybe the lucida with sapphires and diamonds (i lurve a good sapphire
31.gif
) or the jazz maybe? but will depend on the style of ering i go for. No use worrying about it yet though
38.gif

labrat can i put in a vote for the shared prong band with the tiffany setting, it looks fab. I also like pairing a thicker band, like the classic T&Co setting, with a really thin band like the metro...

sigh, this thread is just TOO much fun
11.gif
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I HAVE A BLUE BOOK!!!
9.gif
9.gif

I went in today because it's super close to Williams-Sonoma (side note: I just bought the coolest thing ever -- a pan for making stuffed pancakes), and I finally got myself sized (6.5) and fell completely in love with the rectangular Lucida. My store only had a 1ct in the rectangular version, so I didn't get to see what smaller or bigger looked like, but it was perfect! The SA was super awesome, and also let me try on a 7.5 carat tourmaline cocktail ring (loved it, but oh my it was way too huge for my hand) and wrote a bunch of notes for me (and B) on the back of her card.

I'm starting to feel the addiction, ladies.
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I too LOVE me some blue!

At first my ideal ring was the novo... and then I really liked the tiff RB solitare. Then when I saw them in person, I just didn''t know anymore. My nowDH took that doubt and ran with it. I DIDNT know because I couldnt decide between the two... and he was like, well I''m not spending that money- on something you might want to change in a couple of years... what a goon.

When you ladies get your rings, please share, so I can live vicariously through you!
emotion-5.gif

McStew

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:51:36 PM
Author: chiquitapet
McStew, welcome to Pricescope and to Tiffany obsessed thread! Lol... The ribbon ring is really pretty! Very nice design, although I`m not sure I could pull off the look myself. Is there an e-ring that you like by Tiffany`s?

The Tiffany Round Brilliant Ribbon Ring is the e-ring that I would want from Tiffany

All I gotta do is get FF on board...
2.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:03:06 PM
Author: tlh
I too LOVE me some blue!

At first my ideal ring was the novo... and then I really liked the tiff RB solitare. Then when I saw them in person, I just didn''t know anymore. My nowDH took that doubt and ran with it. I DIDNT know because I couldnt decide between the two... and he was like, well I''m not spending that money- on something you might want to change in a couple of years... what a goon.

When you ladies get your rings, please share, so I can live vicariously through you!
emotion-5.gif

Hi tlh!

If you are interested, I posted a rather crude pic from my iPhone that I took at T&Co of the e-ring my SO got me. I believe it is on page 2 of this thread. It is a 2.03 ct in the Tiffany setting. I am in love
30.gif
it''s at T&Co getting sized but as soon as it gets back, SO will probably officially propose! I am so excited! I grappled between the Novo and the Tiff setting for a while but in the end, I picked the one SO originally wanted me to get!
1.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:15:47 PM
Author: Blackpaw
Date: 2/18/2009 6:14:12 PM

Author: McStew

labrat can i put in a vote for the shared prong band with the tiffany setting, it looks fab. I also like pairing a thicker band, like the classic T&Co setting, with a really thin band like the metro...

11.gif
36.gif

I liked the shared-prong wedding band, but I need to be careful not to crowd my finger too much! The length of my finger where the base would start to the start of my knuckle is only a little more than 1 cm. I love the look of an e-ring sandwich (between two bands) but I don''t think I can pull it off. SO really liked the Novo band since it was so thin and elegant. I liked that and the Metro. It''s a shame the Metro doesn''t come in platinum!
8.gif

I love this thread too!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:40:43 PM
Author: LabRatPhD

Date: 2/19/2009 3:03:06 PM
I too LOVE me some blue!

emotion-5.gif

Hi tlh!

If you are interested, I posted a rather crude pic from my iPhone that I took at T&Co of the e-ring my SO got me. I believe it is on page 2 of this thread. It is a 2.03 ct in the Tiffany setting. I am in love
30.gif
it''s at T&Co getting sized but as soon as it gets back, SO will probably officially propose! I am so excited! I grappled between the Novo and the Tiff setting for a while but in the end, I picked the one SO originally wanted me to get!
1.gif
Oh sweetie...I''m cyber stalkin ya... just waiting for you to show up on SMTR!
35.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:50:39 PM
Date: 2/19/2009 4:40:43 PM
35.gif

LOL, woohoo! I''ve been counting down the days since I had to abandon the ring at T&Co (6 days!) I *think* SO is going to propose soon after it comes back, but knowing that booger he may make me wait! Don''t worry, I will post the biggest announcement when that ring is on my finger!
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:57:41 PM
Author: LabRatPhD

Date: 2/19/2009 4:50:39 PM
35.gif

LOL, woohoo! I''ve been counting down the days since I had to abandon the ring at T&Co (6 days!) I *think* SO is going to propose soon after it comes back, but knowing that booger he may make me wait! Don''t worry, I will post the biggest announcement when that ring is on my finger!
9.gif
Thank you!!!! multiple handshots requested!
28.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:51:36 PM
Author: chiquitapet
Dreamgirl, $1400 roughly extra for the baguettes doesn''t seem like that much relatively to the total of $8,500 for the classic setting. I think if you really love it (and your SO too, of course), it`s definitely worthwhile getting it. Don''t forget with Tiffany upgrade is a bit difficult, if you changed your mind in couple of years and really wished you went with the baguettes, then you`d have to spend double with them! Which is much more expensive than $1,400! (I`ll justify anything!..hehe..) If you went with the baguettes, which wedding band would you go for with it?

I understand now when you talk about ''being ready to be engaged''. I guess it is a big change when you don''t live together... When I got married, DH and I were already living together and sharing joint accounts etc for a long time... so for us marriage didn''t change things that much, other than my name and my parents finally having to accept him as part of family that is here to stay
3.gif

Sorry about your job situation. It is really difficult and frustrating in this economic climate. But you gotta think this is out of your hands, everybody is in the same boat, and as you say, just stay positive.
I guess when I think about it now...it''s not THAT much of a price difference. (it is, but it isn''t) I don''t really know what his budget will be when the time comes. I guess a lot of it will come down to the new job (if he ever gets one) and how much he makes, how much he wants to spend...you know. But he did however say that he didn''t care if it cost more because he likes it!
31.gif
So that''s a plus!

One of these days further down the road I think we will go to Tiff''s again and look at the 2 rings and compare them...so I wont let my heart get too set on one over the otehr because I dont want to feel dissapointed if I get one I didn''t want. I don''t know that I would do an upgrade but that all depends on the diamond size that he gets me. He knows the sizes I prefer but he might end up getting someting smaller. I''ve told him in the past that I don''t think I''d want to upgrade because of sentimental reasons. I''d rather just get my ring once and be happy with it! Who knows what would happen...

I will reply to you in a minute about the wedding band situation!
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:51:56 PM

Dreamgirl: The two of you are just having horrible luck. I am so sorry. My BF has been worried about his job, but he has been in no real danger at the moment. All you can do is stay positive. So much of what is going on is out of your control. Everyone has setbacks with their life plans. I have sure had mine, enough to right a book.

He is very simple, he wants a plain gold comfort fit band. I think the one he showed me was on the thicker side.
I know it!!! IT'S so not fair!
32.gif
lol I was just talking with him about all of this last night and he tells me that once he gets another job...then we will see where to go from there. One thing at a time. So right now he's dead set on finding "THE" job and isn't thinking as much about an engagement at this time. Which is fine because I agree that he needs to find "THE" job to feel more comfortable to make the next step in life.

Thanks for the support! It means a lot to me..

Yeah, that sounds like my guy. He will want someting simple. Not sure what yet as we never really discussed it. I just tell him that he needs Tiffany platinum..
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:15:47 PM
Author: Blackpaw
And yes dream i agree with chiquitapet, relatively $1400 isnt much more for the baguettes if its what you both like...
21.gif

11.gif
36.gif
You girls are making me fall even more in love with the tapered baguettes setting.....
6.gif
9.gif
31.gif
lol

I''m glad you are enjoying this thread as much as I am!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok so to answer chaquita's question of which wedding band I would choose if I get the tapered bag's setting....I don't know!!! LOL This is something I have been thinking a lot about and created a whole thread here to ask fellow PS'ers for their opinions. I matched the e-ring with the wedding bands in a photo from Tiffany. And since this is a great thread with wonderful fellow Tiffany lovers, I'll repost the photo I made to ask you all what you think!

This is what I posted on 12/18/08:
"I looked at the RB with Tapered Baguettes again at Tiffany on Saturday for the third time (and I'm IN LOVE with this setting!!) My boyfriend really likes this setting A LOT so I just might be lucky enough to have it! The only thing I worry about is a wedding band that would go with it. I really like the Tiffany Novo wedding band but when I asked the SA about the Novo with the RB Tapered Baguette setting she said she thought it would be "too busy" but I tried it on anyway. I don't understand why she thinks it would be too busy. She suggested the shared setting wedding band but I don't care too much for that one. I worry the prongs will rub away.....I really like the thinner wedding bands like the Novo and Legacy. "

So after creating that thread I got A LOT of responses and I am leaning towards the Legacy (a very classy look with this setting) and I still love the Novo...just not sure it goes well with this setting.

I've told FF that one day I want to try this e-ring on with the wedding bands because it makes a HUGE difference in which e-ring we might like better over the other- because you will wear it with a wedding band more than alone....

Anyway, this is a 1ct from the website....
dgdreamrewbwbands.jpg

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:45:33 PM
I''ve told FF that one day I want to try this e-ring on with the wedding bands because it makes a HUGE difference in which e-ring we might like better over the other- because you will wear it with a wedding band more than alone....

Definitely a good idea!

I think the Legacy looks really nice next to that ring.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 6:04:00 PM
Author: misskitty

Date: 2/19/2009 5:45:33 PM
I've told FF that one day I want to try this e-ring on with the wedding bands because it makes a HUGE difference in which e-ring we might like better over the other- because you will wear it with a wedding band more than alone....
Definitely a good idea!

I think the Legacy looks really nice next to that ring.
I'm sayin!!!!!!!!
31.gif
31.gif

I agree. And if it helps any, I have a classic taste (think Grace Kelly meets Audrey Hepburn meets Jackie O) and a love for the 1940's era. I think this e-ring (and combo with the Legacy) is SO ME!!!! FF hit it right on the spot when he pointed out this setting!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, it looks totally classic.

I tried on a couple of tapered baguette rings (RB and emerald) today, and they''re gorgeous, but they look way too delicate on my hand
7.gif
I don''t know if I just have super big fingers or what, but I totally wish Tiff''s did a thicker band with the tapered baguettes.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I really love the legacy too
30.gif
i think it suits best actually!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, McStew, I misunderstood your post! The ribbon ring will make a gorgeous e-ring!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl, I can see why it`s so difficult to pick a right w-band for the baguette e-ring! One thing is seeing these pictures, but I suspect reality will be totally different... I also like the combination with the Novo and the Legacy, but I agree that you should try them on all first before deciding which e-ring you go for... because the biggest advantage of the classic solitaire is it will go virtually with any w-band... and as you said, the combination of e- and w-band is what really matters long-term.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:32:19 PM
Date: 2/18/2009 9:51:56 PM

I know it!!! IT'S so not fair!
32.gif
lol I was just talking with him about all of this last night and he tells me that once he gets another job...then we will see where to go from there. One thing at a time. So right now he's dead set on finding 'THE' job and isn't thinking as much about an engagement at this time. Which is fine because I agree that he needs to find 'THE' job to feel more comfortable to make the next step in life.

Thanks for the support! It means a lot to me..

Yeah, that sounds like my guy. He will want someting simple. Not sure what yet as we never really discussed it. I just tell him that he needs Tiffany platinum..
31.gif

No problem, I might be asking for it back. I might be taking my own advice now. I can't go into details here (just because it is a public place and it would be too much info), but me and my BF might not be moving in together at the end of this year. I might be getting a job in a place where he cannot find one. It looks like we might be in a long distance relationship. I am still trying to deal with everything in my head. And nothing is set in stone. I am kind of a worrier, so this has got me worked up. The good news is that he is still ready to make this work, and is being very positive. That makes me happy.

BTW, how did you get all those pics???? After reading what you said, I agree the legacy would be the best option.

ETA: Guys have a one track mind. They are not good multitaskers. If they are thinking about the job, they cannot think about anything else. I read some where that girls have larger corpus callosum. That is the part of our brain that allows crossing over between two halves. That has been used to show a possible explanation for the fact that women are often thinking about several things at once, and can jump from idea to idea. I am not sure if there is much weight to it, but I think it does illustrate a difference in the way men and women think.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Just read that T&Co is in trouble and may close some stores:

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/187534/Get-Ready-for-Mass-Retail-Closings?tickers=sks,^gspc,jwn,tif,zlc

Hope the one in my city doesn''t close!
7.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, today I went with my DH to Tiffany''s in the city!! It was great!! We met a wonderful SA, which turns out to be a cousin of a senior registrar I worked for last year! We tried on the classic solitaire, lucida, the marquise solitaire and the lovely and beautiful Novo. Hands down, DH and I were both in love with the Novo! The other rings were beautiful but did not look right on me. We tried a 1ct Novo (that was the largest they had), which looked like a perfect size for me. It was so sparkly and looked even more beautiful with the Novo w-band. It was an H colour, and I could see significant warmth compared to my D princess that I was wearing... so we`re thinking we probably won''t go beyond a G.

Anyways, it was a wonderful experience and I wanted to share it with you girls!! As said previously, this thread is so much fun!!
3.gif
2.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results