shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany LIW discussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 12:21:13 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 2/15/2009 4:36:30 PM
Author: chiquitapet
Dreamgirl, you have started a great thread!! I`m not exactly a LIW, but I LOVE Tiffany`s!!! It`s an obsession, actually...
3.gif
And matters were made worse (better?) yesterday when I gently suggested to my DH that I wouldn''t mind getting an upgrade at some stage (I have 0.78 D VS2 princess solitaire from MDX). And he totally out of the blue (no pun intended) said, that he knows deep down I love Tiffany''s and for our 10 year anniversary of being together (which is 2010!) he wants to get me a Tiffany wedding set!!!! I LOVE THIS GUY!!! Lol... so my obsession has pretty much tripled overnight and here I am browsing Tiffany threads at 5.30am...
lol!! That sounds like a very AWESOME and increcible husband you''ve got yourself there! My obsession would tripple as well if I were you! Is there any particular setting that catches you or your DH?
I think I am madly in love with the Novo! And my DH really likes it too (at least online, anyway)... Will have to go and try it on sometimes soon to make sure it suits me.

Good to hear you had a talk with your SO. I`m sure he`ll remember not to get the SI!! Guys can sometimes surprise us with what they remember. Also I hope you`ll get a good new SA soon to get the process started.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:17:57 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Not at all. My faith rests on my guy being incapable of spending that much money without doing serious research. If your guy is anything like that, I wouldn''t worry!
Yeah, no worries! I was just telling him yesterday how he is the guy who has to do everything ''just so'' and he asked me how...I said "well, you are just as picky as I am! Like the time you wanted to buy dress shoes to go with your suits and we looked at just about every shoe store in the state until you found what you wanted. You had this idea in your head of how they should look and you didn''t settle till you found what you were looking for!" Which will turn out good for me down the road.....
31.gif
There is no way he would just go into a store and pick out a ring and leave...lol

This is exactly why he hasn''t proposed yet. He wants to have ''the job'' and ''the money'' before asking me to marry him. He''s pretty much a perfectionist just like me. Maybe even worse lol
6.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I think both SO and I had an epiphany about T&Co requiring you to do the legwork for getting stones with HCA numbers you want. To this day SO really doesn''t have a clue about this sort of thing - he just knows we got a great stone and I am beyond thrilled. The beyond thrilled part is the more important factor to him. I definitely made sure to get the numbers but I did not request an inclusion plot. I did scrutinize the stone when SO was paying for the ring and did not see anything with my naked eye. Since it is VS1 in clarity, I am not too terribly worried. All in all, I am pleased with the experience, but as I said before, it has made me more aware of the amount of legwork I do have to do even at T&Co. I would like to think if SO were shopping alone, he would also take the time to research but it''s hard to say.
20.gif
All of the jewelry he has ever bought me has been a result of me showing him exactly what I want. For us, it definitely works out better that way!
28.gif

I''m sure your SOs will pick out the perfect rings for you!
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I went into Tiff''s for the first time today! The SA''s were all really busy, so we just browsed around, but there was so much pretty! I really like the look of the Lucida -- it''s a lot like the Vatche x-prongs I''m a fan of.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww...you''ve gotta go back and try stuff on! That''s even more fun!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I know! I think B was a little overwhelmed (I''m pretty sure that before today, he thought diamonds came in "circles" and "squares," which is kinda cute but I think he could use the guidance of a SA) so I''ll wait on his cue before going back.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:19:31 PM
Author: misskitty
I know! I think B was a little overwhelmed (I''m pretty sure that before today, he thought diamonds came in ''circles'' and ''squares,'' which is kinda cute but I think he could use the guidance of a SA) so I''ll wait on his cue before going back.
Awwwww lol! Yes, I know all about overwhelming....S has done that a few times in there. lol

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:19:33 PM
Date: 2/16/2009 2:50:24 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

BEG - that is a good idea. I have shown his the list of ACA''s on WF and made a point to tell him I picked my earrings from this list. I would love a stone from GOG too, exp since they tend to have a wider rages of sizes than WF when I am doing a random search.

Me too. The thing about WF is that the ACAs are fantastic - I would feel comfortable with BF just picking one of those in my size and color range. GOG''s prices I think are a bit lower, but there is a greater range in cut quality (all good, but some are better). I''ve kind of repeatedly told BF about the importance of checking the numbers out on HCA.
2.gif
I''d be thrilled with a diamond from either - or one of the Infinity diamonds from Wink.

Well, BF doesn''t know know very much about GOG, so I don''t see him going there first. But if he uses any PS vender I know him well enough to know he would say "By the way, my girlfriend knows a lot about diamonds and posts on this forum called PS and all these girls talk diamonds, and she likes these diamonds called hearts and arrows." I would hope that the vendor would take the clue and direct him towards a well cut diamond.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:47:10 PM
I think I am madly in love with the Novo! And my DH really likes it too (at least online, anyway)... Will have to go and try it on sometimes soon to make sure it suits me.

Good to hear you had a talk with your SO. I`m sure he`ll remember not to get the SI!! Guys can sometimes surprise us with what they remember. Also I hope you`ll get a good new SA soon to get the process started.
lol I know ALLLLLLL about the Novo love obsession! I was there last year! Until FF opened my eyes to the other 2 settings we both love!!! The Novo is incredibly gorgeous. Only thing I noticed though, if the diamond isn''t very large, it gets a little lost in the band.

I''m sure SO will remember too! Plus, I''m also sure I''ll remind him from time to time
3.gif
lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I would just like to take a moment and thank all you lovely ladies for your company in this POSITIVE Tiffany thread. I sure don't see enough of them around here!! I could talk about Tiffany all day with you all.......
4.gif
And I will.....
27.gif
haha!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:30:33 PM
I would just like to take a moment and thank all you lovely ladies for your company in this POSITIVE Tiffany thread. I sure don''t see enough of them around here!! I could talk about Tiffany all day with you all.......
4.gif
And I will.....
27.gif
haha!

Oh yes, this has been lovely! Glad we got the thread title changed too!
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
YES!!!!! I''m very thankful the admins did that for us!
2.gif
This has turned into a wonderful thread. Let us continue
5.gif
lol

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:29:16 PM

lol I know ALLLLLLL about the Novo love obsession! I was there last year! Until FF opened my eyes to the other 2 settings we both love!!! The Novo is incredibly gorgeous. Only thing I noticed though, if the diamond isn''t very large, it gets a little lost in the band.

I''m sure SO will remember too! Plus, I''m also sure I''ll remind him from time to time
3.gif
lol

I definitely noticed this today. The Tiffany''s near me didn''t have a lot of large stones out on display, and I almost didn''t recognize the Novo.

Tiffany''s experts: I didn''t get a chance to chat with a SA, but maybe you know -- is there anything similar to the Lucida setting for other stones? I went on the website and saw that there''s a special Lucida cut, but I''d love to see an asscher in that setting. Think I could find that at Tiffany''s, or should I see if I can find a Vatche dealer (since it''s similar to the x-prong setting)?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:58:50 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
I think both SO and I had an epiphany about T&Co requiring you to do the legwork for getting stones with HCA numbers you want. To this day SO really doesn''t have a clue about this sort of thing - he just knows we got a great stone and I am beyond thrilled. The beyond thrilled part is the more important factor to him. I definitely made sure to get the numbers but I did not request an inclusion plot. I did scrutinize the stone when SO was paying for the ring and did not see anything with my naked eye. Since it is VS1 in clarity, I am not too terribly worried. All in all, I am pleased with the experience, but as I said before, it has made me more aware of the amount of legwork I do have to do even at T&Co. I would like to think if SO were shopping alone, he would also take the time to research but it''s hard to say.
20.gif
All of the jewelry he has ever bought me has been a result of me showing him exactly what I want. For us, it definitely works out better that way!
28.gif

I''m sure your SOs will pick out the perfect rings for you!
1.gif

Well, I probably would not insist on an inclusion plot for a VS1 stone either. But for a VS 2 stone for a SI1 stone I would. Their customer service is outstanding, for the most part. I have had some bad experiences in the SD store. But other posters have expressed the same issue, so I think it is just this store. I always loved the service at the Tiffany''s in other areas I have been too. Plus, it will be nice to always have a place to take it to to get polished, repaired. That is harder with an internet stone.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:30:33 PM
I would just like to take a moment and thank all you lovely ladies for your company in this POSITIVE Tiffany thread. I sure don''t see enough of them around here!! I could talk about Tiffany all day with you all.......
4.gif
And I will.....
27.gif
haha!

It is nice to see a positive thread too. I hope I am not coming across as negative. I am just talking about my own thoughts about what I want, and Tiffany''s was always on the list, but it is not my first choice anymore. But if everyone wanted the same thing, this would be a boarding place. And I love my other pieces of jewelry from there, and still might get my wedding band from there.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:50:56 PM

3.gif
lol

I definitely noticed this today. The Tiffany''s near me didn''t have a lot of large stones out on display, and I almost didn''t recognize the Novo.

Tiffany''s experts: I didn''t get a chance to chat with a SA, but maybe you know -- is there anything similar to the Lucida setting for other stones? I went on the website and saw that there''s a special Lucida cut, but I''d love to see an asscher in that setting. Think I could find that at Tiffany''s, or should I see if I can find a Vatche dealer (since it''s similar to the x-prong setting)?

I remember reading a long time that Tiffany''s contracted Vatche to make the Lucida setting. So I think it would be worth looking at a Vatche dealer to see if you can find a similar setting in another shape. I love the Lucida. It is one of my favorites. But Tiffany''s kind of has a one shape one setting model on their patented cuts. The Novo cut has one setting, the Lucida has one setting, and the Legacy has one setting.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:50:56 PM
I definitely noticed this today. The Tiffany's near me didn't have a lot of large stones out on display, and I almost didn't recognize the Novo.

Tiffany's experts: I didn't get a chance to chat with a SA, but maybe you know -- is there anything similar to the Lucida setting for other stones? I went on the website and saw that there's a special Lucida cut, but I'd love to see an asscher in that setting. Think I could find that at Tiffany's, or should I see if I can find a Vatche dealer (since it's similar to the x-prong setting)?
Yeah, the one day the SA had shown me a smaller Novo vs. the Tiffany Setting and how much more stone I can get for the same price! I was like ok....no way on the Novo then because it was like a .30 or something like that (completely LOST in the diamond band) vs. a Tiffany Setting that was somewhere under 1ct.... but then, we saw the tapered baguettes....oooo la la!
2.gif
here's my whole crazy thread about it (how I fell in love with the 2 dream engagement rings) lol

As far as Lucida settings misskitty....I really like the Lucida with Trilliant Side Stones. MMMM.....
3.gif
There is also the Rectangular or Bezel...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:16:42 PM
Awww...you''ve gotta go back and try stuff on! That''s even more fun!

Seriously! I could stay there all day trying on bigger and bigger rings!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:47:59 PM
Date: 2/16/2009 3:17:57 PM

Not at all. My faith rests on my guy being incapable of spending that much money without doing serious research. If your guy is anything like that, I wouldn''t worry!
Yeah, no worries! I was just telling him yesterday how he is the guy who has to do everything ''just so'' and he asked me how...I said ''well, you are just as picky as I am! Like the time you wanted to buy dress shoes to go with your suits and we looked at just about every shoe store in the state until you found what you wanted. You had this idea in your head of how they should look and you didn''t settle till you found what you were looking for!'' Which will turn out good for me down the road.....
31.gif
There is no way he would just go into a store and pick out a ring and leave...lol

This is exactly why he hasn''t proposed yet. He wants to have ''the job'' and ''the money'' before asking me to marry him. He''s pretty much a perfectionist just like me. Maybe even worse lol
6.gif

Aw well as frustrating as it can be, that''s really good! Good that he''s responsible and most likely going to do the research so he gets the best diamond he can!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock

3.gif
lol

Originally I was in love with the classic Tiffany setting. It is just so gorgeous and I love how the stone pops, but the one time I tried it on, it just didn''t look right on me. But when I go Tiff next time (hopefully on Fri), I`ll make sure I`ll try on the tiffany setting, lucida and the novo. Lucida was another long-term obsession of mine. If we go for the novo, we`re planning to get at least 1ct. I hope that won''t get lost amongst the band diamonds, do you think? I also want to get the matching novo wedding band.

Also, I`m sorry to hear about your SO''s job. Hope he finds a better one soon. I`m in a similar (actually worse) position, as my DH is going back to full time university studies this year (13 years after his 1st degree!), so really I`m the one who`ll be working hard and saving for a Tiffany set!! lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 4:07:47 AM
Originally I was in love with the classic Tiffany setting. It is just so gorgeous and I love how the stone pops, but the one time I tried it on, it just didn''t look right on me. But when I go Tiff next time (hopefully on Fri), I`ll make sure I`ll try on the tiffany setting, lucida and the novo. Lucida was another long-term obsession of mine. If we go for the novo, we`re planning to get at least 1ct. I hope that won''t get lost amongst the band diamonds, do you think? I also want to get the matching novo wedding band.

Also, I`m sorry to hear about your SO''s job. Hope he finds a better one soon. I`m in a similar (actually worse) position, as my DH is going back to full time university studies this year (13 years after his 1st degree!), so really I`m the one who`ll be working hard and saving for a Tiffany set!! lol
That is something I noticed about the classic Tiffany Setting after trying it on...how it just POPS and stands so proud on it''s own! So stunning...It''s so funny how I never gave that setting the light of day (when FF kept telling me he liked this setting best) until FF and I finally looked at it and I completely changed my opinion of it after I had it on my finger. It really is gorgeous but then it was after that where he saw the Tapered Baguettes setting and I think he fell even more madly in love with this one. I honestly think he prefers the bag''s over the Tiff Setting....I love them both so much. I just wonder that he wouldn''t buy the Tiffany Setting because it''s ultimately cheaper than the Tapered Baguettes setting even though he likes the baguettes better....you know? So I hate to set my heart on one over the other.

But then on the other hand...on that day after we left the store he was gushing about the baguettes setting. I mean, GUSHING. I was so surprised by that!
6.gif
6.gif
31.gif
30.gif
He had never behaved that way about a ring before. ha! I told him right then and there how nice that setting is but it cost much more than the Tiffany Setting because of those tapered baguettes. You know what he said? Something in the likes of..."So! I don''t care, its NICE"
6.gif
30.gif
OOOK then...lol Who knows.
2.gif

The 1ct Novos are quite lovely. They don''t get lost in the band at all. Actually, the Novo she had shown me was just to compare size vs. price from that and a larger Tiffany Setting. So that Novo was around .37 or so. It was VERY lost in the band because it was so small....and I LOVEEEEE the Novo wedding band!!!
2.gif

Thank you (about SO''s job.) He''s pretty frustrated right now with the whole situatuion. I just wish he would get a new job already! He''s such a smart man, he deserves so much in life. Funny you say your DH is going back to school. My guy just graduated last May. You see, he lived in another state when we met and he moved out here to be with me after he graduated High School. So he took a year off to establish residency and then he went to college part time and worked full time to support himself. But then he transfered to another college and took accelerated courses. After transfering, he didn''t have time for anything but school for 2 years! Very intsensive work...Anyway, he wants to see what happens with a new job and if he would need a Masters for a higher up position within the Government (because that''s what he really wants and think he would be good at.) So if he does that, then he would more than likely go back to school AFTER getting a new job and feeling settled and BEFORE marriage. And that would take another 2 years. Which sort of stinks because we are both 27 now....

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl,

It sucks when it takes so long to go finish school. I already have graduated, but am in residency. I am thinking about waiting a couple years to do fellowship, which basically is a hybrid between school and work. I will be in my 30''s by then. Part of me wants to be done already. Your BF story makes me think of my Mother. She took a long time to get through college and than did grad school when we were little. It was rough. She worked, took care of us and than went to night classes. But it was so worth the new job she got. I am sure things will work out for you.

Oh yeah, back to the topic. I put my Tiffany''s collection in that show your LIW collection. It includes my new earrings, small but there are there.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock

3.gif
lol

Haha, I know about the Novo obsession too! For me, one of the main issues was the fact that my ring would have to be sized down so much that the stones in the band would hardly be visible. It wasn''t worth the extra money to have the sidestones and them not be visible. But if you have fingers bigger than a 3, go for it!
1.gif
I also agree about the center stone being lost if it is too small. We were looking at 2ct so it wasn''t an issue but I think 1 ct or higher looks great. Good luck making a decision - T&Co has a lot of amazing settings!
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 11:57:13 AM
Dreamgirl,

It sucks when it takes so long to go finish school. I already have graduated, but am in residency. I am thinking about waiting a couple years to do fellowship, which basically is a hybrid between school and work. I will be in my 30''s by then. Part of me wants to be done already. Your BF story makes me think of my Mother. She took a long time to get through college and than did grad school when we were little. It was rough. She worked, took care of us and than went to night classes. But it was so worth the new job she got. I am sure things will work out for you.

Oh yeah, back to the topic. I put my Tiffany''s collection in that show your LIW collection. It includes my new earrings, small but there are there.
Yeah, it''s horrible! I mean....it''s not horrible/horrible because in the long run, we will be in a very good position. But just the time that it takes is what''s so bad. I mean, we only have one life to live. And while I haven''t felt quite ready to get married yet anyway, I still want it so badly. But I think within the past few months something has changed for me and I feel more ready than I did before. If he asked me to marry him today, I''d say yes....but then I''d probably want the wedding to be in 2 years lol Which has gotten me to thinking about how much I would love to at least just be engaged. (something new I haven''t posted about before!!!
6.gif
) You fellow Tiffany girls are insiders on this breaking news info!
2.gif
lol I should post that to the other LIW''s somewhere...

As I said before....he''s the guy who has to do everything right before making the next move. Everything depends on this new job he gets....EVERYTHING!!!
32.gif
3.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 1:52:54 PM

Dreamgirl,

It sucks when it takes so long to go finish school. I already have graduated, but am in residency. I am thinking about waiting a couple years to do fellowship, which basically is a hybrid between school and work. I will be in my 30's by then. Part of me wants to be done already. Your BF story makes me think of my Mother. She took a long time to get through college and than did grad school when we were little. It was rough. She worked, took care of us and than went to night classes. But it was so worth the new job she got. I am sure things will work out for you.

Oh yeah, back to the topic. I put my Tiffany's collection in that show your LIW collection. It includes my new earrings, small but there are there.
Yeah, it's horrible! I mean....it's not horrible/horrible because in the long run, we will be in a very good position. But just the time that it takes is what's so bad. I mean, we only have one life to live. And while I haven't felt quite ready to get married yet anyway, I still want it so badly. But I think within the past few months something has changed for me and I feel more ready than I did before. If he asked me to marry him today, I'd say yes....but then I'd probably want the wedding to be in 2 years lol Which has gotten me to thinking about how much I would love to at least just be engaged. (something new I haven't posted about before!!!
6.gif
2.gif
lol I should post that to the other LIW's somewhere...

As I said before....he's the guy who has to do everything right before making the next move. Everything depends on this new job he gets....EVERYTHING!!!
32.gif
3.gif

I hear you. Me and my BF have not even been together for almost 2 years. We are a little older than you, but not much. But I am ready to get married (we are a little more settled than you are). Plus, being a doctor, it is thrown in my face all the time that waiting to start a family is not a bad thing, but comes with some risks. And I am at the point where I am ready for a family mentally. But I have at least 2 years before that. You know part of me wonders if me having such picky taste in jewelry is keeping him from proposing. But I have showed him settings I like with smaller stones. I want him to know it is not about the ring, but us. I was thinking that I just need to make sure he knows that. But I know in a way he is kind of like your BF. He wants it to be perfect. That is a good and a bad thing. I love my boy because he is that way, but yet it is frustrating.

Ok I am done with my rant. Your rant kind of made me think of my own stuff. But I hear you.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 2:28:03 PM

Date: 2/17/2009 1:52:54 PM

Dreamgirl,

Yeah, it''s horrible! I mean....it''s not horrible/horrible because in the long run, we will be in a very good position. But just the time that it takes is what''s so bad. I mean, we only have one life to live. And while I haven''t felt quite ready to get married yet anyway, I still want it so badly. But I think within the past few months something has changed for me and I feel more ready than I did before. If he asked me to marry him today, I''d say yes....but then I''d probably want the wedding to be in 2 years lol Which has gotten me to thinking about how much I would love to at least just be engaged. (something new I haven''t posted about before!!!
6.gif
2.gif
lol I should post that to the other LIW''s somewhere...

As I said before....he''s the guy who has to do everything right before making the next move. Everything depends on this new job he gets....EVERYTHING!!!
32.gif
3.gif

I hear you. Me and my BF have not even been together for almost 2 years. We are a little older than you, but not much. But I am ready to get married (we are a little more settled than you are). Plus, being a doctor, it is thrown in my face all the time that waiting to start a family is not a bad thing, but comes with some risks. And I am at the point where I am ready for a family mentally. But I have at least 2 years before that. You know part of me wonders if me having such picky taste in jewelry is keeping him from proposing. But I have showed him settings I like with smaller stones. I want him to know it is not about the ring, but us. I was thinking that I just need to make sure he knows that. But I know in a way he is kind of like your BF. He wants it to be perfect. That is a good and a bad thing. I love my boy because he is that way, but yet it is frustrating.

Ok I am done with my rant. Your rant kind of made me think of my own stuff. But I hear you.
Do you know i worry about this all the time. And truth be told it probably IS a big part of why we arent engaged yet. But then i console myself by saying that if we''re going to be together forever then its kinda irrelevant when we get engaged....better i get the ring of my dreams
31.gif
oh and SO wont propose without one, which i wouldnt mind, but i dont ever want an upgrade, so id rather wait til we can afford the one i want you know?!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker, good to see another Tiffany obsessed doctor!
2.gif
What are you planning to do your fellowship in? I`m also a resident myself but am hoping to start specialty training in anatomical pathology next year. That`s another 5 years of crazy schedule with work/study, so I hear you about the debate about when female doctors should have children. For our lifestyle it`s best to leave it when we`re done with our studies/exams, but on the other hand, it`s so much safer health-wise to have a baby sooner rather than later. I myself am still not sure about which route I`m going.

Dreamgirl, how much more expensive are the baguettes on top of classic tiffany setting? I hope he gets that one for you considering both of you love it! Not that getting classic tiff setting would be bad...
3.gif
. I`m also 27 and we got married 4 and half years ago... at that time we were together for 4 years already... I understand what you mean by being ready to be engaged. Do you guys live together? I mean, would being engaged/married be very different to your current situation?

Labrat - That''s a good point! With your tiny fingers, you wouldn''t see the band diamonds of the Novo at all!!! The one you got looks just perfect on you! The other thing that draws me to the Novo is the squarish cushion shape... That''s why I love the Lucida as well... damn, so many choices!! Can''t wait to go and try on all those beauties!

Blackpaw, it`s good you`re patient with waiting for the e-ring of your dreams. It`ll give it a real sentimental value when you get it. When we got married, I really wasn''t into diamonds and told my DH that I didn''t want an e-ring (yeah, yeah, I know I was crazy). I just wanted a diamond band as a wedding ring. Few years later I found PS and got obsessed with getting a rock!! But it`s not the same getting an e-ring when you`re married compared to being proposed to with one.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 2:28:03 PM

Yeah, I could imagine with being a doctor!

For my situation, I don''t think it has to do with my picky tastes in jewelry because he''s so darn picky too. I think most of it has to do with feeling like he''s in the right place- which he doesn''t feel like he''s in yet. Hence the job situation. As for myself, I''ve had some more growing up to do. It''s almost as if I haven''t had enough confidence in myself. you know what I mean? And I think that this job I now have has helped me a lot with that. I do feel as if I''ve grown more since September. And maybe....just maybe....I CAN conquer the world!
2.gif
lol I''ve always been able to...I just didn''t realize it.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 3:07:39 PM
Dreamgirl, how much more expensive are the baguettes on top of classic tiffany setting? I hope he gets that one for you considering both of you love it! Not that getting classic tiff setting would be bad...
3.gif
. I`m also 27 and we got married 4 and half years ago... at that time we were together for 4 years already... I understand what you mean by being ready to be engaged. Do you guys live together? I mean, would being engaged/married be very different to your current situation?
Well, I guess the best comparison would be based off the starting prices on the website for a 1ct Tiffany Setting it's now $8,500. With Tapered Baguettes 1ct center stone $9,900. So a rough difference of $1,400 (not including color and clairity.) You think he should get the baguettes setting?
31.gif
30.gif

I become increasingly more in love with that ring for several reasons daily.
9.gif

We actually don't live together. He's got his own condo and I'm at home which I am very happy with! We both think it's a great situation. It gives me incredibly opportunity to save a lot of the money I make and save that for my future wedding, home, oh...and wedding bands
31.gif
So getting married will be different than our current situation- though, he comes over everyday and we are together on weekends all day. Plus, I see this as SOMETHING new to look forward to after being together for as long as we have.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw: I don''t think that is the complete reason. I know he stresses about the ring, but if he can''t afford what I want, he will tell me. He never spends money he doesn''t have. And I have shown his stuff down to 0.8 cts, which I know he can afford. We have talking about going to Europe for over a year, but I am thinking about trying to find a way to put it off. With all the stuff going on, it might be an added unneeded expense. But I can''t just say to him "hey I don''t think we can go to Europe because I think you are trying to save for a ring." I really can''t directly mention it to him. It will ruin his whole surprise.

chiquitapet: I am not the only one. There is a fellow I worked with who is obsessed. The attending''s at worked called her Tiffany. Her e-ring, w-band, diamond studs were all from Tiffanys. Than she had a sliver RHR and necklace she wore everyday. She would not wear anything else. I only get a good amount of things from there, but not everything thing. All my silver stuff is from there. But my diamond studs are from somewhere else because I had a set budget and I wanted bigger diamonds. I buy my gemstones at other places because I do my collection in pieces. I buy the stone first than set it. Tiffany''s does not give you that freedom. It would be nice if they allowed resets. I haven''t been telling my speciality, but I guess I will just say it because enough people has asked. I am in pediatrics and am thinking of doing neurology. But not right now. Pathology is fun, I liked that class a lot in medical school. And everyone starts a family when it is right for them. I know plenty of people who are having kids in training and plenty of others who are waiting.

Dreamgirl: That''s what it sounds like to me too. My BF is super picky as well. He loves Tiffany and now he loves Leon. I know I will be getting his wedding band from Tiffany. He has already shown me which one he wants :). I am not moving in with my BF until we are engaged. And he wants to move in with me in September ;-). It sounds like you are starting to come to that point where you feel a little more like a "grown up" and that he needs to get there too. I am sure all of us LIW are somewhat contributing to that feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results