color
clarity

Tiffany Diamond Specs

L

lydial

Reactions: astara25

astara25

Rough_Rock
I found a couple other options (non-branded) but no scope images yet...they are on the larger end but curious as to this combination (depth really)...

- 2.66 ct: 62.9 depth, 56 table, 35 CA, 40.8 PA --> HCA of 1.6
- 2.70 ct: 62 depth, 56 table, 35.2 CA, 40.6 PA --> HCA of 0.9
- 2.58 ct: 61.9 depth, 57 table, 35.3 CA, 40.8 PA --> HCA of 2.2

Scores and "looks like" look good on top two...but concerned about the depth of #1...should i be? Which is the better option cut wise? Leaning toward #1 as it is the lowest price given the rest of the specs (all equal across these options) but is the depth a doozie?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a couple other options (non-branded) but no scope images yet...they are on the larger end but curious as to this combination (depth really)...

- 2.66 ct: 62.9 depth, 56 table, 35 CA, 40.8 PA --> HCA of 1.6
- 2.70 ct: 62 depth, 56 table, 35.2 CA, 40.6 PA --> HCA of 0.9
- 2.58 ct: 61.9 depth, 57 table, 35.3 CA, 40.8 PA --> HCA of 2.2

Scores and "looks like" look good on top two...but concerned about the depth of #1...should i be? Which is the better option cut wise? Leaning toward #1 as it is the lowest price given the rest of the specs (all equal across these options) but is the depth a doozie?

Who graded these diamonds? 62.9 is a bit on the deep side which can reduce the diameter of the stone. Will they provide ASET images to you of the diamond? If they are GIA graded, just remember that they round up some of the numbers making images a must. The second and third diamond may be AGS graded though.

astara25

Rough_Rock
Who graded these diamonds? 62.9 is a bit on the deep side which can reduce the diameter of the stone. Will they provide ASET images to you of the diamond? If they are GIA graded, just remember that they round up some of the numbers making images a must. The second and third diamond may be AGS graded though.

Hi, these are all GIA graded and i am waiting to see if i can get some images...
I don't care so much about the face up size in this case, so much as the appearance of the diamond since the ct/prices for the 2.66 and 2.58 are very close (almost identical in mm's). I am more curious if the depth on the 2.66 will compromise light performance given the rest of the info...
The 2.7 is a little more expensive so wondering if it is worth considering!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, these are all GIA graded and i am waiting to see if i can get some images...
I don't care so much about the face up size in this case, so much as the appearance of the diamond since the ct/prices for the 2.66 and 2.58 are very close (almost identical in mm's). I am more curious if the depth on the 2.66 will compromise light performance given the rest of the info...
The 2.7 is a little more expensive so wondering if it is worth considering!

I have had this depth argument with others and lost - But your post backs me up Astara.
I expect the stone you are looking at has a fairly thick girdle and small table.
If so then the beauty for a ring need not be sacrificed - just the spread.
Light behaves according to angles way more so and does not care too much for %'s

astara25

Rough_Rock
I have had this depth argument with others and lost - But your post backs me up Astara.
I expect the stone you are looking at has a fairly thick girdle and small table.
If so then the beauty for a ring need not be sacrificed - just the spread.
Light behaves according to angles way more so and does not care too much for %'s

Thanks for your input! The girdle for all these is medium - slightly thick and tables range between 56 & 57%
Now if i can just get some images to confirm as the proportions are pretty close (except for the depth)

Sight unseen, would you mind sharing which do you think is the 'best' option among the three?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for your input! The girdle for all these is medium - slightly thick and tables range between 56 & 57%
Now if i can just get some images to confirm as the proportions are pretty close (except for the depth)

Sight unseen, would you mind sharing which do you think is the 'best' option among the three?

62.9% needs a 4.3% girdle or the crown and pavilion are steeper deeper as a result of GIA's shocking rounding this may be 35.2 and 40.89 degrees which would get dinged by HCA (I think)

astara25

Rough_Rock
62.9% needs a 4.3% girdle or the crown and pavilion are steeper deeper as a result of GIA's shocking rounding this may be 35.2 and 40.89 degrees which would get dinged by HCA (I think)

Ok, I’ll see i can get the precise girdle %’s but according to the model, hopefully any of these would be good options (of course I will scope them To confirm too)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok, I’ll see i can get the precise girdle %’s but according to the model, hopefully any of these would be good options (of course I will scope them To confirm too)

If the girdle is thicker thats the best outcome.
remember % dont hurt!
Angles do!
Ideal-scope or ASET will tell all

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results