shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Tiffany 1.72ct F VS1 Dream Solitaire. Eeek!

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh - CONGRATULATIONS! I’m so so elated for you. It is beyond stunningly perfectly beautiful!

As someone who’s dipped in and out of this forum for a couple of years now I have a fair idea how much this means to you lol! I’m so thrilled that your dream came true ☺️

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am overwhelmed....

I have DREAMED about owning this ring forever. When we got engaged it was a total surprise & we hadn't discussed rings. I loved it, but it got damaged & written off by the insurance company. At that point we looked at Tiffany's, but our budget only stretched to a .40 carat with lower colour & clarity, so it was a no from me & we bought my beautiful pear solitaire.

For the last 10 years Mr T has shed blood, sweat & the occasional tear building his own company from scratch. I'm not going to lie, it's been hard on me, giving up my career to stay at home with the babies & hold life together whilst he worked every hour of every day & rode on planes more than in his car. We had really hard times at the start & were pretty poor, budgeting for everything & I was a single parent pretty much until Covid hit, when he switched to working from home. And we have loved that - it's been great for our marriage & family unit, so much so that he intends to only do 2 days in the office going forwards, but is currently still 100% at home. So the boy did good (always knew he would, regardless of how tough times were) & he sold the company this year for a life changing amount. These are VERY exciting & rewarding times for Team T!

About a month ago, he asked if I'd like to start looking into the dream Tiffany ring. Well, i almost fell off my chair & the hunt began before he changed his mind! I contacted Tiffany's here in Manchester & told them exactly what I wanted, between 1.5 & 1.7 carats, DEF, no lower than VS2, no flouro, triple ex, expecting this to be a journey of several months. A week later they called to tell me they were having 4 rings sent up from London for me to view. Whaaaatt??!! :shock: So 2 weeks ago we went over to view them. They were ALL beautiful, but being a true PSer, I whipped out my phone & started crunching certificates on the Holloway Cut Advisor. The diamond that first spoke to me when I saw them sitting in a little row like ducklings, turned out to score 1.2 versus the next lowest at 1.9. It felt like it was meant to be..... It had to go back for sizing, but UPS arrived at 8am last Saturday. Yippee!!

I would like to shout out to @canuk-gal for being my biggest cheerleader on this. Sharon, you rock & have always encouraged me to be patient & one day this time would come. And we are ring twins! Also to @Garry H (Cut Nut) for the HCA tool, which the Tiffany sales rep was mind blown by & was off to check out later! It helped confirm what I could see with my own eye, which was a complete disco ball. To everyone else, thank you for not repeatedly telling me I can get more for my money elsewhere (which I know) & for encouraging me to follow my heart & my dream.

So without further ado, may I present my Tiffany Classic platinum solitaire, 1.72 carats, F colour, VS1, triple excellent, size UK K, US 5.25 :kiss2:

PXL_20211002_075731166~2.jpg
PXL_20211002_075742543~2.jpg
PXL_20211002_075755820~2.jpg
PXL_20211007_161055393~2.jpg
PXL_20211007_154931039~2.jpg

OMG!! how did I miss this?!!

BIG CONGRATS!! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG Congratulations!! :appl:I haven’t been on much lately so I totally missed this. I’m so happy your dream came true.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is perfect. Period. Huge congratulations!!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Ally T !!! It's truly a wonderful ring!!!!!

TwinkleT

Rough_Rock
Trade
First of all a huge congratulations on acquiring your dream Tiffany & Co solitaire!

I have been meaning to comment on your thread for the longest time. I’ve been a lurker here for quite a few years before joining up and I know just how much you have been in love with the solitaire for years and I was honestly thrilled to read your thread and see the photos!

There’s a reason why this solitaire is such a classic. It looks so beautiful and timeless on you. Don’t get me started on the stats! F VS1 Wowzers! It looks absolutely humongous on your finger- a gorgeous fireball, and blindingly white. I don’t know how you get any work done! I’d be staring at it all the time.

Once again, congratulations and may you wear your ring in good health for many years to come.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all a huge congratulations on acquiring your dream Tiffany & Co solitaire!

I have been meaning to comment on your thread for the longest time. I’ve been a lurker here for quite a few years before joining up and I know just how much you have been in love with the solitaire for years and I was honestly thrilled to read your thread and see the photos!

There’s a reason why this solitaire is such a classic. It looks so beautiful and timeless on you. Don’t get me started on the stats! F VS1 Wowzers! It looks absolutely humongous on your finger- a gorgeous fireball, and blindingly white. I don’t know how you get any work done! I’d be staring at it all the time.

Once again, congratulations and may you wear your ring in good health for many years to come.

Thank you @TwinkleT for your lovely words! I was pouring over the pictures of your ring a couple of days ago in the Tiffany thread - it's just gorgeous!

Mutual Appreciation Society!

You just can't beat this ring in my eyes - it's so iconic :kiss2:

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
This is the prettiest, congrats! I've got a 1.14 tiffany and you and I are the same ring size so I know this looks amazing on you in person!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How are you and yours my friend? I've been thinking of you and hope things are good in your neck of the woods.

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How are you and yours my friend? I've been thinking of you and hope things are good in your neck of the woods.

cheers--Sharon

Hi gorgeous!

We are all really good , thank you! Apart from our youngest having Covid. She's been 9 days to a negative test & is thankfully back to school tomorrow. She had a headache & temp for 48 hours but then was fine, thankfully. None of us caught it, presumably due to the vaccines doing their job. How are you guys up there? Cold, I expect!

We had our offer accepted on a stunning Barn conversion in Nov, which is a few villages away from where we are currently. They have nowhere to go at the moment & the market is quiet, so as they have children too & we are in no hurry to move, we've agreed to give them some time to find somewhere rather than insist they move into rented accommodation. The house is beautiful & has all the character you would expect from a 200 year old building, with vaulted beamed ceilings, porthole windows in the bedrooms & an amazing large double height entrance hall with a galleried landing over, it also has 5 modern ensuite bedrooms & they've dug out down under one end & installed a huge basement cimena gaming room. So it also has all the modern aspects a busy family needs, such as underfloor heating throughout & everything is electronic, from opening the front gates to controlling the lights in each room & the alarm systems, to lots of historical features. It ticked all the boxes immediately. It also has 1.5 acres of beautiful gardens with a stream & apart from the original farmhouse next door, there are no neighbours & it's surrounded by working farmland, which is what we are used to here & was a big plus. We like hearing nothing but the birds.

Obviously we still have our eyes on the property market, but nothing else has come up that is a patch on the Barn so far. It captivated all of us as soon as we walked through the door & our youngest, who was the most reluctant to move, went off with her sister to have a mooch around & came back with tears in her eyes, saying she felt that she knew this building & that it was giving her a big warm hug. Then she asked if we could hand over the cash there & then so that we didn't lose it to another buyer! :lol-2: We did end up having to massively over offer on asking price to secure it, as they had 5 offers over within 3 days, but we feel it was meant to be & it's nice to know that we are in the fortunate position to outbid anybody else if required.

Still loving my Tiffany! I feel so honoured to wear such a beautiful fireball diamond :kiss2:

Any news your end? X

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi gorgeous!

We are all really good , thank you! Apart from our youngest having Covid. She's been 9 days to a negative test & is thankfully back to school tomorrow. She had a headache & temp for 48 hours but then was fine, thankfully. None of us caught it, presumably due to the vaccines doing their job. How are you guys up there? Cold, I expect!

We had our offer accepted on a stunning Barn conversion in Nov, which is a few villages away from where we are currently. They have nowhere to go at the moment & the market is quiet, so as they have children too & we are in no hurry to move, we've agreed to give them some time to find somewhere rather than insist they move into rented accommodation. The house is beautiful & has all the character you would expect from a 200 year old building, with vaulted beamed ceilings, porthole windows in the bedrooms & an amazing large double height entrance hall with a galleried landing over, it also has 5 modern ensuite bedrooms & they've dug out down under one end & installed a huge basement cimena gaming room. So it also has all the modern aspects a busy family needs, such as underfloor heating throughout & everything is electronic, from opening the front gates to controlling the lights in each room & the alarm systems, to lots of historical features. It ticked all the boxes immediately. It also has 1.5 acres of beautiful gardens with a stream & apart from the original farmhouse next door, there are no neighbours & it's surrounded by working farmland, which is what we are used to here & was a big plus. We like hearing nothing but the birds.

Obviously we still have our eyes on the property market, but nothing else has come up that is a patch on the Barn so far. It captivated all of us as soon as we walked through the door & our youngest, who was the most reluctant to move, went off with her sister to have a mooch around & came back with tears in her eyes, saying she felt that she knew this building & that it was giving her a big warm hug. Then she asked if we could hand over the cash there & then so that we didn't lose it to another buyer! :lol-2: We did end up having to massively over offer on asking price to secure it, as they had 5 offers over within 3 days, but we feel it was meant to be & it's nice to know that we are in the fortunate position to outbid anybody else if required.

Still loving my Tiffany! I feel so honoured to wear such a beautiful fireball diamond :kiss2:

Any news your end? X

Good morning! How wonderful to wake up to such a happy note!

I am SO glad your baby had recovered without issue and that the rest of you are all well. Must have been such a worry!!!!

As for your new home, well, it sounds absolutely marvelous! Historical yet completely modern and very spacious! Did the current residents do the conversion? Will you have to do any renovations? Maybe you'll need a gardener or two!! :P2 And you are very generous to let them stay!!! Have you started packing??

The weather here has been very fine for this time of the year in the Rockies. I'll take it! And nothing too exciting here, I am very busy at work....too busy but such is healthcare. We hope to rebook Hawaii (we cancelled when my Mom got very sick) and travel again. Covid still present challenges that way as you are well aware.

I am very happy to hear you still still thrilled with your ring--what's not to LOVE!!!!!!!! Wear it in joy and health!!

cheers--Sharon

AnnaEsme

Rough_Rock
She's beautiful! Congratulations.

Your expression of joy is heartwarming.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is an AWESOME story!! I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hey lady, what's going on? Have you moved yet? Tell me all that is fit to print.

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hey lady, what's going on? Have you moved yet? Tell me all that is fit to print.

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon!

No, we STILL haven't moved & everything has stalled. The people we wanted to buy from have put things on hold because there's nowhere they want to go. The property market in our area is pretty much zero at the moment.

However, i think I did tell you that we put a sealed bid in for a Vicarage in the next village in Oct, but were sadly outbid. It's a huge & historical house that is completely run down, which the Diocese is selling off as the Vicar has a smaller, modern house now. But the agent called 2 weeks ago to ask if we wanted to resubmit a bid (we definitely do!) as the sale has become very toxic with the purchaser & the Diocese were unhappy. She met us on site for a long chat & to fill us in on the gory details - the purchaser now has until noon this Fri to sort his complex finances out & agree to stop being aggressive & abusive, or the deal is off & at 12.01pm, they will formally proceed without new offer. It's not a done deal, but it's hopeful.

This house is huge. It was built in 1904 & has heaps of amazing original features with 6 bedrooms, only 1 toilet (!!), 2 staircases (grand & servants) with lots of stunning gardens surrounded by fields. It's of significant historical importance, but to state exactly what would give the location away :lol: It's literally a mile down the lane from here, separated from us by farmland. The location is perfect & potential immense, but it's a huge job - we've been quoted between £400 - £500k for full renovations :-o

So come Fri I can let you know if we've snagged it or if the current purchaser has pulled his head in & agreed to proceed without the nastiness. We are relaxed. It's a huge undertaking & a big responsibility that we both feel daunted by, so if it's meant to be ours we'll get the builders booked. If not, we're still looking!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Interesting! I'm glad you are relaxed--who needs the unnecessary pressure! Luckily you are not in a hurry and love your current home. Things will unfold as they should.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results