shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Tiffany 1.72ct F VS1 Dream Solitaire. Eeek!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Have you looked at your ring inside the fridge, yet? While reaching for cold champagne? BEST lighting evah!!!! :lol-2: :kiss2: :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story!
Very happy that you have your dream ring!

P

Petalouda

I am overwhelmed....

I have DREAMED about owning this ring forever. When we got engaged it was a total surprise & we hadn't discussed rings. I loved it, but it got damaged & written off by the insurance company. At that point we looked at Tiffany's, but our budget only stretched to a .40 carat with lower colour & clarity, so it was a no from me & we bought my beautiful pear solitaire.

For the last 10 years Mr T has shed blood, sweat & the occasional tear building his own company from scratch. I'm not going to lie, it's been hard on me, giving up my career to stay at home with the babies & hold life together whilst he worked every hour of every day & rode on planes more than in his car. We had really hard times at the start & were pretty poor, budgeting for everything & I was a single parent pretty much until Covid hit, when he switched to working from home. And we have loved that - it's been great for our marriage & family unit, so much so that he intends to only do 2 days in the office going forwards, but is currently still 100% at home. So the boy did good (always knew he would, regardless of how tough times were) & he sold the company this year for a life changing amount. These are VERY exciting & rewarding times for Team T!

About a month ago, he asked if I'd like to start looking into the dream Tiffany ring. Well, i almost fell off my chair & the hunt began before he changed his mind! I contacted Tiffany's here in Manchester & told them exactly what I wanted, between 1.5 & 1.7 carats, DEF, no lower than VS2, no flouro, triple ex, expecting this to be a journey of several months. A week later they called to tell me they were having 4 rings sent up from London for me to view. Whaaaatt??!! :shock: So 2 weeks ago we went over to view them. They were ALL beautiful, but being a true PSer, I whipped out my phone & started crunching certificates on the Holloway Cut Advisor. The diamond that first spoke to me when I saw them sitting in a little row like ducklings, turned out to score 1.2 versus the next lowest at 1.9. It felt like it was meant to be..... It had to go back for sizing, but UPS arrived at 8am last Saturday. Yippee!!

I would like to shout out to @canuk-gal for being my biggest cheerleader on this. Sharon, you rock & have always encouraged me to be patient & one day this time would come. And we are ring twins! Also to @Garry H (Cut Nut) for the HCA tool, which the Tiffany sales rep was mind blown by & was off to check out later! It helped confirm what I could see with my own eye, which was a complete disco ball. To everyone else, thank you for not repeatedly telling me I can get more for my money elsewhere (which I know) & for encouraging me to follow my heart & my dream.

So without further ado, may I present my Tiffany Classic platinum solitaire, 1.72 carats, F colour, VS1, triple excellent, size UK K, US 5.25 :kiss2:

PXL_20211002_075731166~2.jpg
PXL_20211002_075742543~2.jpg
PXL_20211002_075755820~2.jpg
PXL_20211007_161055393~2.jpg
PXL_20211007_154931039~2.jpg

Is it weird to be teary-eyed for you despite never having met you? It’s so wonderful to see you receiving your dream ring!!! I know this ring symbolizes a lot on top of being a gorgeous classic beauty. It looks PERFECT on your hand. Enjoy with good health and memories!!

ETA: you can never post enough photos. Please feel free to post more!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @Ally T :love:

I swear, when I saw your first photo of YOUR ring - that iconic, classic profile - my heart started beating faster. I don't think there is any style that is so emulated - but there is just nothing like the original :love:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think everyone on this thread thread remembers your posts. This ring has been waiting for you for a very long time :appl:

Doesn't get better than this!! I'm so happy for you - your dream ring, your dream house, what a way to end the year - so many dreams coming true :bigsmile::appl:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your jewelry dream come true

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything crossed @Ally T that this IS your dream home and everything falls in to place.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a great story and an amazing ring! Congratulations!
I love how Tiffany has been putting diamond origin front and center on their large stones. It’s a long awaited step in the right direction IMO. As a consumer, It’s something I definitely am interested in knowing with new stones.

Where on the globe is your stone from? It’s gorgeous!
Congrats again!

Thank you! The diamond provenance is Canada.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations @Ally T, the ring is perfect. Stunning :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Wear it with joy, health and happiness and a new and exciting chapter for your family.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. I'll admit to having a little tear in the eye while reading, sometimes things do turn out they way they are supposed to and I'm so happy that everything you and Mr T have worked for is coming together.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge congratulations @Ally T, on finally getting your dream ring! But more than that, for what you and your hubby have achieved through sheer hard work and determination, you are a fantastic team, and set a wonderful example for your babies. Fingers and toes crossed also that you will be in your dream home very soon! So happy for you :kiss2:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
What exciting news! Congratulations ❤️ It is such a lovely ring and even lovelier story & recipient!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That’s a magnificent fireball:kiss2:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, it’s beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations! It’s lovely! My husband also travels for our business, and I stay home with the kids. Having a beautiful diamond to wear certainly brightens my days, too. It’s great that you and your husband enjoy the time with him at home! It was an adjustment for us during the long quarantine, but we found a routine. And now he’s traveling again.

Congratulations, too, on the life-changing business sale! Enjoy that beautiful diamond!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Your excitement is so clear and really lovely! The ring suits you very well and it's wonderful that you were able to receive it after wanting it for so many years!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for you!! A dream come true, indeed! Your ring is stunning with an amazing size, amazing color, amazing clarity, and best of all, amazing story!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Ally T your dream ring is spectacular!
I loved reading your journey and I’m so happy for you xo

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheer perfection! So glad things have turned around for you and your family! God bless and wear it in good health!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and so well deserved! I am truly truly so happy for you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is hardly any sunshine here today, but here are a couple more pictures on my rubbish phone. The colours this thing throws off are insane!

PXL_20211007_170716849~2.jpg PXL_20211007_164046449~2.jpg

Last edited:
P

Petalouda

There is hardly any sunshine here today, but here are a couple more pictures on my rubbish phone. The colours this thing throws off are insane!

PXL_20211007_170716849~2.jpg PXL_20211007_164046449~2.jpg

*drool*

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG the ring is an absolute DREAM!!! Congratulations on realizing the fruits of your and your husband's labor!! And reaching your goal in only 10 years - though the years were filled with major sacrifice and stress - that is quite an achivement! Bravo! It's so nice to be able to wear a gorgeous symbol of that hard work and success on your hand where you can gaze at it and enjoy it every day :) So very happy for you!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your dreamy husband! What a guy! Your ring is gorgeous !

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful, classic ring! I love that view from the side. Enjoy it…you’ve waited a long time for it!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yay! So happy for you! What a wonderful story of hard work, grit, determination and reward. Your ring is to die for, truly beautiful in every way!

Enjoy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just gorgeous! Congrats on getting your dream ring. I hope you wear it in health and happiness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results