shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Tiffany 1.72ct F VS1 Dream Solitaire. Eeek!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: You deserve this so much, you absolute superwoman!!!! Huge congrats to you and Mr T! You made your dreams come true!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! I’m so glad you finally have your ring! CONGRATULATIONS
(PS all the best with the house hunt)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge congratulations, it's a wonderful surprise for him to go, now is the time! And good luck with the house.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU to everyone for you kind & lovely words!

I've had this sparkle bomb on my finger for a week now, and I still catch my breath every time I look at it :kiss2:

We were out for lunch today & the lighting in the restaurant was causing it to make all sorts of rainbows. Mr T finally 'gets it' now :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU to everyone for you kind & lovely words!

I've had this sparkle bomb on my finger for a week now, and I still catch my breath every time I look at it :kiss2:

We were out for lunch today & the lighting in the restaurant was causing it to make all sorts of rainbows. Mr T finally 'gets it' now :appl:

Mr. T = Mr. Tiffany!!!!!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the story behind this beautiful ring. How wonderful that your hubby showed his appreciation for all your support by making your dream come true. The ring is really beautiful and looks amazing on your hand. And I love that you got the best of both worlds with the finesse of Tiffany and the great HCA score for your diamond. Congratulations on your new treasure :kiss2:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely story and gorgeous ring! I agree that a classic Tiffany ring is something special! Enjoy! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

TJsMOM

Rough_Rock
Just beautiful! Congratulations on your lovely Tiffany ring... well worth the wait!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this tonight and went to "like it" and 86 others had beaten me to it.
Not surprising, that ring is an often copied classic and there's nothing more elegant. But your story is even more precious - hard work and long hours, loyalty, and appreciation. Thank you for this beautiful message and symbol of family values.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing ring and story of hard work, sacrifice, and chasing one’s dreams!

That Tiffany ring is sheer perfection. Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. I don’t know what else to say. Except maybe I am so happy for you and your DH for making your dreams come true. So very happy for you. Another best of breed. The Tiffany knife edge solitaire.

Last edited:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! So elegant.

Have you tried it with your diamond 5 stone?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! So elegant.

Have you tried it with your diamond 5 stone?

Thank you! I don't have a 5 stone, only my princess cut full eternity. I have tried it with the eternity on my RH & it looks great, but i will wear it with my plain wedding band on my left. I have been wearing my eternity on my RH quite comfortably, so this is the plan at the mo.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HEY LADY! Is your gorgeous pear in your new ring rotation???

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HEY LADY! Is your gorgeous pear in your new ring rotation???

cheers--Sharon

NO!!! It literally has sat in the jewellery box since the Tiff arrived. I feel a bit sad about that, but I am too in awe of the Tiff. I have put them both on to make the biggest Toi & Moi ring ever, which was weirdly cool :lol: Must take a pic for you!

But the Tiff makes my pear look like a lump of soap. It's always been sparkly & stunning, but there is just zero comparison when you put the 2 together regarding performance - I still can't stop staring at it. We were in our pub last Sat eve & the woman opposite me couldn't take her eyes off it, the colours & sparkle are insane :kiss2:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I still can't stop staring at it. We were in our pub last Sat eve & the woman opposite me couldn't take her eyes off it, the colours & sparkle are insane :kiss2:

My favourite part of PS is the threads where someone is over-the-moon happy with something. :kiss2: We need to get a U.K. PSers GTG arranged - I’d love to see this!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T - I see you've changed your avatar picture! I've been waiting for it. :mrgreen:

Looks awesome.

And I second the pendant idea!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T - I see you've changed your avatar picture! I've been waiting for it. :mrgreen:

Looks awesome.

And I second the pendant idea!

I'm a crap photographer. You have no idea how many pics were taken just to get that avatar shot! :lol:

I am really liking the idea of a pendant to for the beautiful pear & have been mooching on the Internet for ideas. At the mo I'm in no hurry & concentrating on a house move etc, but maybe one day down the line when life is less frantic.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO!!! It literally has sat in the jewellery box since the Tiff arrived. I feel a bit sad about that, but I am too in awe of the Tiff. I have put them both on to make the biggest Toi & Moi ring ever, which was weirdly cool :lol: Must take a pic for you!

But the Tiff makes my pear look like a lump of soap. It's always been sparkly & stunning, but there is just zero comparison when you put the 2 together regarding performance - I still can't stop staring at it. We were in our pub last Sat eve & the woman opposite me couldn't take her eyes off it, the colours & sparkle are insane :kiss2:

Lump of soap?? LOL I have a difficult time picturing that.... Of course she was staring!!!! I just had lunch with my friend who has a 1.50 Tiffany and it is HUGE on her size 4 finger. I was staring at it today also!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@Ally T - This is an incredible, incredible ring with an equally compelling backstory!! Congratulations on your gorgeous, classic, very well-deserved and hard earned ring. So happy for you and your family's success -- and I LOVE that your husband is the one who raised the subject!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T - This is an incredible, incredible ring with an equally compelling backstory!! Congratulations on your gorgeous, classic, very well-deserved and hard earned ring. So happy for you and your family's success -- and I LOVE that your husband is the one who raised the subject!!

Thank you!

He must have been brainwashed by all my Tiffany's chatter over the years :lol: But seriously, he's definitely a keeper.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Ally T I noticed you had changed your avatar picture, and just had to find out why. =)2

WOW, now I know why!!! :love::love::love: How did I miss this thread???

Your fantastic ring provides a fairy tale ending to a wonderful chapter in the life story of you and your family.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: It's amazing!
What a lovely way to commemorate such an exciting time. :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't believe I'm so late to this thread...I am really thrilled for you @Ally T!! There is nothing like the Tiffany solitaire! :kiss2: And the diamond is gorgeous! You are one of the nicest people I've come across during my time on PS and it's great to see good things happen to good people. It makes me happy knowing you are going to enjoy this beautiful ring for years to come. And your dh is a gem too!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T I noticed you had changed your avatar picture, and just had to find out why. =)2

WOW, now I know why!!! :love::love::love: How did I miss this thread???

Your fantastic ring provides a fairy tale ending to a wonderful chapter in the life story of you and your family.

Thank you so much!

I am still floored every time I catch sight of it. I have only been into Warrington once since I got it, but it certainly caught the eye of my Optician & her colleagues whilst doing my eye test. One even joked she really DID need glasses, as she couldn't believe the sparkle was for real :lol:

I know I shall treasure it for many many years, not only because of it's beauty, but also because it's a reminder of how far Team T has come.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't believe I'm so late to this thread...I am really thrilled for you @Ally T!! There is nothing like the Tiffany solitaire! :kiss2: And the diamond is gorgeous! You are one of the nicest people I've come across during my time on PS and it's great to see good things happen to good people. It makes me happy knowing you are going to enjoy this beautiful ring for years to come. And your dh is a gem too!

That made me blush =)2

Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet story! I am sorry I missed it earlier, but I absolutely love your ring! The Tiffany solitaire is just perfection and it doesn't get any better for a solitaire! Congrats on the successful business and sale! Wishing you much happiness!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I am overwhelmed....

I have DREAMED about owning this ring forever. When we got engaged it was a total surprise & we hadn't discussed rings. I loved it, but it got damaged & written off by the insurance company. At that point we looked at Tiffany's, but our budget only stretched to a .40 carat with lower colour & clarity, so it was a no from me & we bought my beautiful pear solitaire.

For the last 10 years Mr T has shed blood, sweat & the occasional tear building his own company from scratch. I'm not going to lie, it's been hard on me, giving up my career to stay at home with the babies & hold life together whilst he worked every hour of every day & rode on planes more than in his car. We had really hard times at the start & were pretty poor, budgeting for everything & I was a single parent pretty much until Covid hit, when he switched to working from home. And we have loved that - it's been great for our marriage & family unit, so much so that he intends to only do 2 days in the office going forwards, but is currently still 100% at home. So the boy did good (always knew he would, regardless of how tough times were) & he sold the company this year for a life changing amount. These are VERY exciting & rewarding times for Team T!

About a month ago, he asked if I'd like to start looking into the dream Tiffany ring. Well, i almost fell off my chair & the hunt began before he changed his mind! I contacted Tiffany's here in Manchester & told them exactly what I wanted, between 1.5 & 1.7 carats, DEF, no lower than VS2, no flouro, triple ex, expecting this to be a journey of several months. A week later they called to tell me they were having 4 rings sent up from London for me to view. Whaaaatt??!! :shock: So 2 weeks ago we went over to view them. They were ALL beautiful, but being a true PSer, I whipped out my phone & started crunching certificates on the Holloway Cut Advisor. The diamond that first spoke to me when I saw them sitting in a little row like ducklings, turned out to score 1.2 versus the next lowest at 1.9. It felt like it was meant to be..... It had to go back for sizing, but UPS arrived at 8am last Saturday. Yippee!!

I would like to shout out to @canuk-gal for being my biggest cheerleader on this. Sharon, you rock & have always encouraged me to be patient & one day this time would come. And we are ring twins! Also to @Garry H (Cut Nut) for the HCA tool, which the Tiffany sales rep was mind blown by & was off to check out later! It helped confirm what I could see with my own eye, which was a complete disco ball. To everyone else, thank you for not repeatedly telling me I can get more for my money elsewhere (which I know) & for encouraging me to follow my heart & my dream.

So without further ado, may I present my Tiffany Classic platinum solitaire, 1.72 carats, F colour, VS1, triple excellent, size UK K, US 5.25 :kiss2:

PXL_20211002_075731166~2.jpg
PXL_20211002_075742543~2.jpg
PXL_20211002_075755820~2.jpg
PXL_20211007_161055393~2.jpg
PXL_20211007_154931039~2.jpg

Congrats! It’s beautiful! I can feel your utmost excitement reading your post. Enjoy that beauty!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your DH! All that hard work paid off!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results