shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Tiffany 1.72ct F VS1 Dream Solitaire. Eeek!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am overwhelmed....

I have DREAMED about owning this ring forever. When we got engaged it was a total surprise & we hadn't discussed rings. I loved it, but it got damaged & written off by the insurance company. At that point we looked at Tiffany's, but our budget only stretched to a .40 carat with lower colour & clarity, so it was a no from me & we bought my beautiful pear solitaire.

For the last 10 years Mr T has shed blood, sweat & the occasional tear building his own company from scratch. I'm not going to lie, it's been hard on me, giving up my career to stay at home with the babies & hold life together whilst he worked every hour of every day & rode on planes more than in his car. We had really hard times at the start & were pretty poor, budgeting for everything & I was a single parent pretty much until Covid hit, when he switched to working from home. And we have loved that - it's been great for our marriage & family unit, so much so that he intends to only do 2 days in the office going forwards, but is currently still 100% at home. So the boy did good (always knew he would, regardless of how tough times were) & he sold the company this year for a life changing amount. These are VERY exciting & rewarding times for Team T!

About a month ago, he asked if I'd like to start looking into the dream Tiffany ring. Well, i almost fell off my chair & the hunt began before he changed his mind! I contacted Tiffany's here in Manchester & told them exactly what I wanted, between 1.5 & 1.7 carats, DEF, no lower than VS2, no flouro, triple ex, expecting this to be a journey of several months. A week later they called to tell me they were having 4 rings sent up from London for me to view. Whaaaatt??!! :shock: So 2 weeks ago we went over to view them. They were ALL beautiful, but being a true PSer, I whipped out my phone & started crunching certificates on the Holloway Cut Advisor. The diamond that first spoke to me when I saw them sitting in a little row like ducklings, turned out to score 1.2 versus the next lowest at 1.9. It felt like it was meant to be..... It had to go back for sizing, but UPS arrived at 8am last Saturday. Yippee!!

I would like to shout out to @canuk-gal for being my biggest cheerleader on this. Sharon, you rock & have always encouraged me to be patient & one day this time would come. And we are ring twins! Also to @Garry H (Cut Nut) for the HCA tool, which the Tiffany sales rep was mind blown by & was off to check out later! It helped confirm what I could see with my own eye, which was a complete disco ball. To everyone else, thank you for not repeatedly telling me I can get more for my money elsewhere (which I know) & for encouraging me to follow my heart & my dream.

So without further ado, may I present my Tiffany Classic platinum solitaire, 1.72 carats, F colour, VS1, triple excellent, size UK K, US 5.25 :kiss2:

PXL_20211002_075731166~2.jpg
PXL_20211002_075742543~2.jpg
PXL_20211002_075755820~2.jpg
PXL_20211007_161055393~2.jpg
PXL_20211007_154931039~2.jpg

Last edited:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
OOOHHHHHHH :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

PERFECTION!!! Sheer, classic, perfect beauty. The side view of that sleek, substantial but graceful setting, and the diamond.... Wow.

It is absolutely gorgeous and I am SO happy that you have finally got your dream ring :appl:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am super happy for you to have your dream ring!!! She is absolutely gorgeous! I love hearing and seeing dreams come true. Congratulations on your Tiffany! And congratulations to your family for this life change.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Ally T - your story sounds similar to mine. Your ring is beautiful and I’m so glad you got to fulfil your dream.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! It’s absolute perfection!!! Beautiful and classy!! I’m so happy for you!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! So pretty!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
What a dream! And what a great milestone!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Ally - I am so very very delighted for you! Big smile on my face over here. Your new ring is gorgeous!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to see you get your dream ring, Ally! Wear it in the best of health! Congrats to you and Mr. T for all you've achieved.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m a sucker for a happy ending - I’m glad you got your heart’s desire! It’s so classic and elegant - really lovely.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. On your new ring. On your success. On your grit and determination and steadfast loyalty. YOU DESERVE THIS.

So - to the ring.....

Love it. Both eye catching and elegant. And it's wonderful to see you get *exactly* what you wanted. It's a substantial jump in size and Tiffany is a dream for so many women - a beautiful, unreachable dream. So I'm kinda jazzed to see MY friend achieve 'dream fulfilled'.

Congratulations, my friend. And I'm wishing you and Mr T every joy and every success going forward.

PS. Now go get that wedder polished!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous. It’s a beautiful ring

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! Such a hard earn journey to your dream ring. Makes the dream ring that much more sweeter, beautiful and meaningful. So happy for you!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. On your new ring. On your success. On your grit and determination and steadfast loyalty. YOU DESERVE THIS.

So - to the ring.....

Love it. Both eye catching and elegant. And it's wonderful to see you get *exactly* what you wanted. It's a substantial jump in size and Tiffany is a dream for so many women - a beautiful, unreachable dream. So I'm kinda jazzed to see MY friend achieve 'dream fulfilled'.

Congratulations, my friend. And I'm wishing you and Mr T every joy and every success going forward.

PS. Now go get that wedder polished!

You are such a beautiful woman with many wise words & I am honoured you are my real life friend, But you are dreaming if you think that wedding ring will come off my finger for a polish. Maybe when I'm cold & dead :lol:

It has never ever left my finger, so rather than take it to be polished, I'm hoping Tiff can catch up quickly with some patina! :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I AM CRYING. This story makes me SO HAPPY.:kiss:

The ring is so beautiful I could scream. And looks huge on your little hand.

The specs are PERFECT and my stone scored a 1.2 on the HCA as well!!!!:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl: I am beyond happy you got EXACTLY what you wanted!

I just poured some wine into my Tiffany cup and am raising it to you and your sweet DH. You are a great team!

NOW ONE BILLION MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

(LOL I had a dream that I went to visit you in London and @kipari in France. Thats what you get when you read PS before bed....)

cheers--Sharon

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is major! There’s nothing like a Tiffany! :kiss2:
I’m so excited and happy for you! Enjoy every second wearing this gorgeous iconic ring, it looks stunning on you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I AM CRYING. This story makes me SO HAPPY.:kiss:

The ring is so beautiful I could scream. And looks huge on your little hand.

The specs are PERFECT and my stone scored a 1.2 on the HCA as well!!!!:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl: I am beyond happy you got EXACTLY what you wanted!

I just poured some wine into my Tiffany cup and am raising it to you and your sweet DH. You are a great team!

NOW ONE BILLION MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

(LOL I had a dream that I went to visit you in London and @kipari in France. Thats what you get when you read PS before bed....)

cheers--Sharon

Stop! You'll make me start crying again!

I have been SO emotional over this ring - I have worn it for 6 days before I could bring myself to post. When Mr T said yes let's go, I cried. When UPS arrived, I read the certificate again & then was crying so much I couldn't open the actual ring box, so Mr T had to open it for me & get the damn thing on my hand. I am so emotionally exhausted that this has happened SO quickly after such a LONG dream of many years, going from a One Day Maybe to an On My Finger Reality.

And as an aside, we may have found the Dream Home & have a second viewing this weekend. It has lovely guest bedrooms, so PLEASE COME & VISIT!

And then we will fly to Paris & drink mad cocktails with @kipari :appl:

Do you have a Loop Troup address that I can contact you through?

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stop! You'll make me start crying again!

I have been SO emotional over this ring - I have worn it for 6 days before I could bring myself to post. When Mr T said yes let's go, I cried. When UPS arrived, I read the certificate again & then was crying so much I couldn't open the actual ring box, so Mr T had to open it for me & get the damn thing on my hand. I am so emotionally exhausted that this has happened SO quickly after such a LONG dream of many years, going from a One Day Maybe to an On My Finger Reality.

And as an aside, we may have found the Dream Home & have a second viewing this weekend. It has lovely guest bedrooms, so PLEASE COME & VISIT!

And then we will fly to Paris & drink mad cocktails with @kipari :appl:

Do you have a Loop Troup address that I can contact you through?

HI:

This story just gets better and better. Of course you were crying. And crying. Tears of joy are just the best!!! I need another Kleenex. LOL

Congratulations are in order. Please take every opportunity to pat yourselves on the back for all the hard work and great endeavors.

HOUSE----------HURRY! I'm at the airport!! :lol-2: And no LT address. I think we can figure this out somehow.

cheers--Sharon

Nina-W

Shiny_Rock
I am speechless :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is just so beautiful @Ally T, classic and elegant but stunning just like a signature Tiffany should be. I am so happy that you finally realized your dream, I hope it brings you many years of happiness.

Still love that pear too!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your dream Tiffany ring -- and thank you for sharing your real-life fairytale filled with hard work and sacrifice and kindness and surprises and presents ... my favorite kind of story :appl:

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Such a great story and an amazing ring! Congratulations!
I love how Tiffany has been putting diamond origin front and center on their large stones. It’s a long awaited step in the right direction IMO. As a consumer, It’s something I definitely am interested in knowing with new stones.

Where on the globe is your stone from? It’s gorgeous!
Congrats again!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It is absolutely perfect and I am so happy for you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reads like the best feel good story of the year for PS! Your ring is gorgeous - you clearly did a good job in choosing and the iconic Tiffany ring never disappoints!
Best wishes with the new home and enjoy every moment of you and your hubby’s hard earned success!! You are living the dream!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your lovely dream ring. It’s very elegant and beautiful. I’m so glad you and Mr T have achieved your dream together. Fingers crossed for the house to be The One too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results