shape
carat
color
clarity

~Three years of Whiteflash~

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... My gorgeous, beautiful, perfect, symmetric earrings lasted a whole five months before I mangled them :(sad

How does one mangle earrings, you ask?
Allow me to share my journey to enlightenment... Start with them loose on a nice, large, sunlit table on a nice, slippery wooden floor near an open air vent in a room with several cats - five, in my case. The diamonds will sizzle and sparkle in the sunlight, and all cats will be immediately enthralled. Once you've got their attention... walk away for a few moments and your work is done :geek2:

The cats will join your earrings on the table, play with their new toys, and knock one into the vent; you will return to find one earring missing and one cat contently bathing itself beside the other. You will quickly resolve the quandary, panic, yank the grate open, and stretch and squish the earring that is actually caught in the gap between fixture and floorboard - not in the vent proper as you had assumed :x2 With any luck the diamonds are undamaged... but the earring chain is now severely twisted and a milimeter or two longer than its mate. :sick::(2

:wall: I'll reach out to the WF rescue squad. Soon. Right after I figure out how the heck to explain this without looking like the world's biggest dolt :oops2:

A few snaps from before the critters got their eviction notices...

- - - - - - - -

I received a lovely surprise from WF a few weeks ago - goodies from the PS GTG that I missed! I finally made it home yesterday and got to open it :bigsmile: the engraved loupe is darling!!
IMG_9262.png

- - - - - - - -

IMG_9492.png

- - - - - - - -

IMG_9662.png

- - - - - - - -

IMG_9752-2.png

- - - - - - - -

She's chewing on it. Probably should've been my sign. Sigh.
IMG_9810.png

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! :o Well, if you look on the bright side, at least they didn't swallow one of your diamonds! :devil:

I hope WF can fix them so they are brand new again! :))

BTW, I've got my own little project in the works with them soon...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops2: Oh no! I hope you can have them fixed quickly. The earrings really are a magnificent creation.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b Ugh. #ThingsIAmMostDefinitelyGratefulFor!!

I suspect this project of yours is unlikely to be "little" by any definition of that word :bigsmile: I'm sorry you aren't feeling well ;( I'll take pity on you and hold off on pestering for some actual detail for a few more days... :halo:

I sure hope so @Stone Hunter :(sad I've louped all the stones probably a dozen times and they seem fine, which is a miracle unto itself, but I'll breathe easier once they've been thoroughly inspected. I've got an appointment with a local shop next week, fingers are crossed!!

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Your earrings are stunning! Hope they get fixed soon.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @yssie!:wavey:I'm feeling just fine--just extremely busy at work! We need updated family pics of all of your lovely earrings once you receive them back--I've lost count on how many you have now! :))

I'll have to keep you in suspense a little longer. My "little" project will not be ready until late July! :Up_to_something:Sorry to threadjack...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... My gorgeous, beautiful, perfect, symmetric earrings lasted a whole five months before I mangled them :(sad

How does one mangle earrings, you ask?
Allow me to share my journey to enlightenment... Start with them loose on a nice, large, sunlit table on a nice, slippery wooden floor near an open air vent in a room with several cats - five, in my case. The diamonds will sizzle and sparkle in the sunlight, and all cats will be immediately enthralled. Once you've got their attention... walk away for a few moments and your work is done :geek2:

The cats will join your earrings on the table, play with their new toys, and knock one into the vent; you will return to find one earring missing and one cat contently bathing itself beside the other. You will quickly resolve the quandary, panic, yank the grate open, and stretch and squish the earring that is actually caught in the gap between fixture and floorboard - not in the vent proper as you had assumed :x2 With any luck the diamonds are undamaged... but the earring chain is now severely twisted and a milimeter or two longer than its mate. :sick::(2

:wall: I'll reach out to the WF rescue squad. Soon. Right after I figure out how the heck to explain this without looking like the world's biggest dolt :oops2:

A few snaps from before the critters got their eviction notices...

- - - - - - - -

I received a lovely surprise from WF a few weeks ago - goodies from the PS GTG that I missed! I finally made it home yesterday and got to open it :bigsmile: the engraved loupe is darling!!
IMG_9262.png

- - - - - - - -

IMG_9492.png

- - - - - - - -

IMG_9662.png

- - - - - - - -

IMG_9752-2.png

- - - - - - - -

She's chewing on it. Probably should've been my sign. Sigh.
IMG_9810.png
Oh no...bad kitty!!! I hope they can fix them right away!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, I don't know how I missed this thread, but your collection is STUNNING!!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, we live and learn - and we are never too old to learn - lol! I am sorry for this little debacle but hopefully WF will restore them to their original glory! I think we sometimes assume our furbabies know the value of our things but to them, they are just another toy!! I can only imagine your horror though in realizing what had happened!

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Your collection is to die for!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2018: Asymmetric briolette diamond station earrings

(16) G/H/I briolettes (3.85ctw) (Not from WF)
(2) 0.34ct H VS2 ACAs
(1) 3.50mm ACA melee
(4) 2.75mm ACA melee
Pt 950/Ru bezels and 1mm chain, 2"

I received these baby briolettes as a gift last year. I felt I ought to save them for an _elegant_ piece _with gravitas_, but I couldn't get the thought that they'd make darling drops out of my head, and I couldn't stop trawling Etsy for asymmetric designs, and after a few months of analysis paralysis I caved and gave myself permission to turn them into very-casual very-lighthearted earrings.

The earrings are custom 2" 'WF by the Yard' drops with graduated melee. From Sheerah on the missing bezel station:
In all honestly I think Leon's head may have exploded just a little when I reiterated that you *did* want a blank space on that particular earring
:mrgreen2:

From WF:
BRIOLETTE.jpg

Studio1040 in LA hung the briolettes. I asked for an uneven distribution that used a cluster of briolettes to replace the missing bezel station and Jacqui did a marvellous job aligning them :love: They're perfectly, beautifully "symmetrically asymmetric" :kiss2:

The earrings are ~5ctw finished.

Briolette_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_6.png
Such a gorgeous collection!!! I just adore those briollette earrings so much!!! I want a pair!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty shiney things! And kitties!!! <3<3<3<3

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @yssie , I hope you don't mind my bumping this thread up. I have recently realized I am very sensitive to the feeling of culet touching my skin, but had been hoping for a dbty bracelet. Are your 10 pointers set in the bezel such that the culet does not even touch your skin? Thank you!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
2017: Custom Annette U-prong eternity

(15) 0.20ct I/J VS H&A melee (3ctw)
PT 950/Ru
Size 4.5

This ring is my holy grail eternity. Some might remember that I had a nearly identical band with 15pt ACA melee - I loved the setting, but the high colour F/G ACA stock wasn't to my taste and I wanted slightly larger stones.

WF specialty-sourced these stones from their manufacturers for my ring, and if I recall correctly it took a few weeks to get them in-house. They aren't eligible for the ACA denomination because they're lower-colour than the ACA melee definition permits, but they conform to all other ACA standards of cut quality, clarity, fluorescence, etc.

This project turned out to be one of my most challenging: I requested a larger version of my first band, but a scaled-up representation of the same proportions turned out to be bulkier and more angular than I wanted. There are so many interpretations of the customer is always right... WF's is we want our customers to be happy and they proved yet again that they live up to that!! ::) They were wonderful to work with, refining the first cast, re-designing and re-casting, and re-finishing until I was completely satisfied. The base of the Us is thinner than in my first band, the prongs pinch closer together for a more scalloped look, and we made the single-stone space for sizing a semi-bezel for a more fluid transition - I love this detail :love:

ETERNITY1A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

ETERNITY2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

ETERNITY2_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

ETERNITY3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

ETERNITY4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

ETERNITY5.png

This is gorgeous! I am planning a very similar eternity and I am torn between making one for my wedding finger and living in fear of it not fitting one day, or making one for my pointer finger and rocking that extra over the top look. Any thoughts based upon your experience?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Here’s a blast from the past!!

I won’t annoy people by responding to the four year old messages that I apparently missed :lol: And I remember chatting with Odette in her threads about culets! Earrings got all fixed up and are just fine now.

…Oh. Ouch. Those photos. The gorgeous tortie, she isn’t here any more :(sad And white tabby’s older now, too dignified for this sort of nonsense these days ❤️ And now I’m laughing looking at the pics on the first page - selfies in strapless tops don’t age well, #motherwasright :lol:

This is gorgeous! I am planning a very similar eternity and I am torn between making one for my wedding finger and living in fear of it not fitting one day, or making one for my pointer finger and rocking that extra over the top look. Any thoughts based upon your experience?
So I’m not really a ring person, I’ve gotten used to wearing rings on my left third finger but anything else I’ll be fiddling with all day. So for me there was only one reasonable finger option for a regular-wear ring. And I left a single stone space for sizing for exactly that reason!

Since then I’ve accumulated any number of other unsizable bands, though, so if my finger size does change my wallet is in for a world of pain anyway. And the ring does spin - the empty space inevitably winds up on top. When I reset (to 14k WG, platinum was a poor metal choice for this ring, structurally) I’ll be doing a full eternity.

Hope that was at least a little helpful! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a recent full collection photo somewhere on PS @yssie. I keep stumbling on older threads with your photos and they’re all amazing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a recent full collection photo somewhere on PS @yssie. I keep stumbling on older threads with your photos and they’re all amazing.
That’s so sweet. Thank you!! I don’t have any family photos - I’m pretty sure the quickies at the bank putting stuff into storage don’t count :bigsmile: I’ve been meaning to post a few group shots in some of the collection threads. I’ve been procrastinating on that though! It’s just such a drama, getting everything out and cleaning it all and sorting photos… One of these days I promise!! :!:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Here’s a blast from the past!!

I won’t annoy people by responding to the four year old messages that I apparently missed :lol: And I remember chatting with Odette in her threads about culets! Earrings got all fixed up and are just fine now.

…Oh. Ouch. Those photos. The gorgeous tortie, she isn’t here any more :(sad And white tabby’s older now, too dignified for this sort of nonsense these days ❤️ And now I’m laughing looking at the pics on the first page - selfies in strapless tops don’t age well, #motherwasright :lol:

So I’m not really a ring person, I’ve gotten used to wearing rings on my left third finger but anything else I’ll be fiddling with all day. So for me there was only one reasonable finger option for a regular-wear ring. And I left a single stone space for sizing for exactly that reason!

Since then I’ve accumulated any number of other unsizable bands, though, so if my finger size does change my wallet is in for a world of pain anyway. And the ring does spin - the empty space inevitably winds up on top. When I reset (to 14k WG, platinum was a poor metal choice for this ring, structurally) I’ll be doing a full eternity.

Hope that was at least a little helpful! :bigsmile:

It is so helpful, thank you!! Curious why platinum is not the preference? I thought it was more durable than white gold but I am learning.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How on earth did I miss this thread the first time around? Everything is beautiful including you, strapless tops aside! You have always had a gorgeous collection. I miss my Tortie so much. I feel you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
❤️ @Catmom!! And to your tortie, too ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results