Premium
Love it all, it's all TDF Yssie!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! Beautiful triple time!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So spectacular! I love each piece. I would love to see a picture of your whole collection - the individual pieces are all amazing and together... :love::love::love: I can only imagine.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very classy, thank you for putting them in one place. Bling!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @marcy!!

@mrsgreeneyes thank you! The briolettes are very special to me ::)

Thank you @stonewell!! I feel very lucky to own some beautiful pieces.

Occasionally I'll happen to see something as I did the first time opening the box - part excitement, part worry, part wonderment - such a great feeling to re-experience! :kiss2:

@luv2sparkle thank you!! The earrings project had me very nervous for a while - I worried the combination of briolettes and RBs would look out of place rather than deliberately contrasting, I worried the briolette attachment wiring would be too visible IRL, I worried the asymmetry would be jarring... lots of worry over nothing!!

I couldn't be happier with how they turned out :bigsmile:

@sarahb thank you love ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean :lol: I suppose I should warn you so you aren't surprised by how non-wee I am when we meet in a month!!

The strange thing about melee is how quickly it adds up... to my eyes they don't look anything like what you'd expect from something labelled "5ctw"! My studs are much more in your face big - which, well, is pretty much always my preferred diamond presentation... :whistle: I imagine I'll most likely replace the bottom stones with something larger at some point :halo:

@KiloSierra thank you!! I'm chuffed the combination was noticed :bigsmile: I waffled between RBs and rose cuts for weeks - rose cuts would definitely have matched better in terms of personality, but the contrast between brilliant ACA melee and diaphanous briolettes was just... irresistibly alluring :love:

The briolettes are so understated IRL, especially against my very dark hair - the overall effect is really quite astonishingly easygoing :geek2:

Thank you so much @LLJsmom ::) These earrings are hugely special, sentimental pieces - I feel very lucky to have been able to bring them to fruition :kiss2:

Briolettes, rose cuts... it's funny how we cut nuts can fall so hard for stones like these! I suppose to me they're more like opals or mother of pearl than diamonds - their enchantment is in the ways their personalities shift the longer you watch them: a slow and deliberate seduction... and we are very willing partners ::)

Thank you @Loreal!! :mrgreen2:

@m-2-b Thank you! I'll admit that I felt a bit ridiculous emailing Sheerah to explain that yes, I did want one station left out :bigsmile: And I laughed aloud when I received WF's glamour shots - the one I posted is one of two; the other has the chain lengths laid out diagonally so it's impossible to tell that they're not symmetric. I have to wonder what their photographer was thinking whilst figuring out how to display them :confused2::lol-2:

I worried about dozens of things going wrong... needlessly! :whistle: They're very easy to wear - they weigh in around 1-3/4g each, light enough to put on and forget about. They do tangle in longer hair, but I find them uncomfortably "wedding-esque" with any sort of updo, so I've come to terms with parting with a sacrificial strand or two... inveigled resignation sure goes down easy :halo:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DanDiAnDi thank you so much! :))

@Tanalasta_01 what a flattering comment about my photos, thank you!!

I've had challenges photographing some pieces - and I was expecting to have a difficult time with the earrings - but they turned out to be astoundingly photogenic :cool2:

@lissyflo thank you love ::)

"Daily indulgence" is exactly the right description! It's a no-fuss, easy-wear treat that still makes me smile when I see it - it's one of my favourite pieces :))

Thank you @kgizo!! :mrgreen2:

Thank you, darling @missy :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks thank you!! :bigsmile:

@marymm thank you! The band is a wardrobe staple.

It was an unexpectedly difficult project, but WF was really wonderful to work and I really couldn't be happier with how it turned out! It's... my vision of my perfect band - the perfect-for-me size, perfectly-coloured-for-me stones, perfect-for-me setting... :love:

Thank you for sharing it with me!! ::)

@tyty333 thank you!

I think my ideal collection would have a carefully curated selection for every appendage and piercing I'd care to decorate with a few strategic "odds and ends" multitaskers :mrgreen2: sadly that's definitely not in the cards!! o_O I do feel very lucky to have some beautiful pieces ::)

:bigsmile: @mrs-b, I'm sure we can compromise like reasonable adults, no arm-wrestling required... why don't you just ship your custom ACA over to me for caretaking for a while and we'll call it even? :whistle:

WF is wonderful ::) I realised a few weeks ago that I've been working with them for a full third of my life!! That got me thinking about how many other people and critters and things I've shared that third of my life with - and that had me sneaking into the chocolate stash :halo:

Thank you for your kind thoughts :))

@tuckie thank you!!

To be honest I'm really not sure when I realised I genuinely prefer the I/J/K range! My first diamond was an F, and I suppose I just sort of slid down the colour scale letter by letter with each subsequent acquisition until my eyes hit the point of "too tinted for me" :mrgreen2:

The H&A I/J melee did not come at a discount from the regular ACA stock - a happy surprise, as I was rather expecting to pay a premium. I'm glad I had the opportunity to own my older F/G ACA band first, as I was completely confident in wanting lower-coloured stones this time around! These days I own only one colourless stone above melee size - a loose 0.8ct E that I keep as a curio; the colourlessness does interesting things for light return at times :sun:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CareBear thank you!! :bigsmile:

Goodness. Thank you so much @athenaworth - what an extraordinarily flattering compliment!

I had so many hesitations about these earrings... I worried the casual design wouldn't do the briolettes justice, the briolette wiring would be overly noticeable, the briolette and RB personalities would argue, the asymmetric design wouldn't translate well... and after all that nervousness - they're beautiful, and I couldn't be happier with them ::)

@ac117 thank you!! These two pairs are the first non-stud earrings I've ever owned that I find myself regularly reaching for :sun:

@diamondseeker2006 thank you!! I must say, there are worse things than being on the yearly WF treat schedule :mrgreen2:

We've talked about creating our collections, keeping only the things we truly want, avoiding unnecessary expense and turnover... I'm very happy to be able to say with confidence that these three pieces are finally finals :appl:

@bright ice thank you!! Funny how sometimes it really is the smaller, more everyday pieces that we cherish most, isn't it? The eternity band and the anklet are wardrobe staples.

WF did a really lovely job on all these pieces - the designs are exactly what I'd hoped for and the workmanship is excellent as always :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kama_s thank you!! I didn't realise we had so many similar pieces! I think I'll need a blingtastic tennis bracelet to keep up :cool2:

I did sell some yellow briolettes a few years ago - one of only two parcels I regret selling :(sad
I was delighted and touched to receive these briolette beauties from a close friend :kiss2: and I'm so happy with the earrings - they do them justice ::)

The band really is very comfortable. The stones aren't set exceptionally low, but they're low enough - and small enough - that they aren't uncomfortable between the fingers. My ring is usually a half size too large for me so I stack a plain wide band with it to tighten things up ::)

I'm going to need photos of your RG anklet :geek2:

@Vera W! Oh my goodness, I'm thrilled that you stopped by my thread!! I have you, Sheerah, Leon, and the rest of the WF team to thank for so much of my jewellery box and for a decade of sparkly celebrations :love::appl::sun:

Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts and thank you so much for always being so wonderful to work with!! :bigsmile:

@alene thank you!! ::)

Thank you @Lorelei love! :mrgreen2:

@ceg thank you!! :bigsmile:

@Rosebloom thank you!! One of my year's resolutions was to make an effort to appreciate what I already own more. I'm lucky to own some lovely pieces that I don't wear nearly enough ;(

I'll do my best to get some group shots whilst the good weather lasts!! :sun:

@Tekate thank you!! ::)

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All of these pieces are gorgeous! I too would love to see a collection photo. I really do love your pieces. Do you where the eternity and Margot (separate hands) Or is the eternity to replace for the days you don’t want to wear Margot? Do you always wear your rings?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2018: Asymmetric briolette diamond station earrings

(16) G/H/I briolettes (3.85ctw) (Not from WF)
(2) 0.34ct H VS2 ACAs
(1) 3.50mm ACA melee
(4) 2.75mm ACA melee
Pt 950/Ru bezels and 1mm chain, 2"

I received these baby briolettes as a gift last year. I felt I ought to save them for an _elegant_ piece _with gravitas_, but I couldn't get the thought that they'd make darling drops out of my head, and I couldn't stop trawling Etsy for asymmetric designs, and after a few months of analysis paralysis I caved and gave myself permission to turn them into very-casual very-lighthearted earrings.

The earrings are custom 2" 'WF by the Yard' drops with graduated melee. From Sheerah on the missing bezel station:
In all honestly I think Leon's head may have exploded just a little when I reiterated that you *did* want a blank space on that particular earring
:mrgreen2:

From WF:
BRIOLETTE.jpg

Studio1040 in LA hung the briolettes. I asked for an uneven distribution that used a cluster of briolettes to replace the missing bezel station and Jacqui did a marvellous job aligning them :love: They're perfectly, beautifully "symmetrically asymmetric" :kiss2:

The earrings are ~5ctw finished.

Briolette_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_6.png

I love these earrings so much...#jotw in my book :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw your earrings and I thought...”fairies”. I swear I did. Only fairies could wear these, just like in your ear shots. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove thank you!! :bigsmile: I'll do my best to get some collection photos soon!! :sun:

I don't wear Margot much at all, to be honest. I love having her in the jewellery box, but she feels very out of place for most of my daily doings - larger or flashier pieces aren't common at all in my part of the US! I wear my WF eternity with a plain wide band nearly every day - I like to think that the band mutes the blinginess for everyone but me :halo:

Thank you @bludiva!! :mrgreen2:

@LLJsmom Oh...

I spent more than a few years wanting to be a real fairy when I grew up ::) It's probably no surprise that I had my wings and dresses and bedroom all planned out...
Needless to say that dream didn't come true :lol: But oh my goodness, how lovely to imagine that I at least managed a fairy's jewellery ::)

Last edited:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these pieces are beautiful. But.....the earrings.....they are EVERYTHING. I quickly scanned this thread a few days ago and I have been thinking about these earrings ever since!!! The way the briolettes dance and glitter around the length of the earrings is so beautiful and the combo of the bezels and the briolettes is just so pleasing to the eye. I'm not much of an earring person but these are so so so perfect! Ack, I'm obsessed!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove thank you!! :bigsmile: I'll do my best to get some collection photos soon!! :sun:

I don't wear Margot much at all, to be honest. I love having her in the jewellery box, but she feels very out of place for most of my daily doings - larger or flashier pieces aren't common at all in my part of the US! I wear my WF eternity with a plain wide band nearly every day - I like to think that the band mutes the blinginess for everyone but me :halo:

Thank you @bludiva!! :mrgreen2:

@LLJsmom Oh...

I spent more than a few years wanting to be a real fairy when I grew up ::) It's probably no surprise that I had my wings and dresses and bedroom all planned out...
Needless to say that dream didn't come true :lol: But oh my goodness, how lovely to imagine that I at least managed a fairy's jewellery ::)
@yssie I think you have the heart of an artist. I don’t know what you do for a living but it sure comes out in your jewelry, maybe even a little subconsciously in the case of your fairy earrings. In my mind they are officially named as such. I hope you keep surprising us with your projects. Hmmm...ever consider jewelry design?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JDDN thank you so much ::) I’m delighted to own earrings that brought a not-really-much-of-an-earrings person back for another look :cool2::mrgreen2:

I do have a bit of an Earrings Thing... this will be my last pair for a good long while. I’m so happy with how they turned out - I worried a whole lot about a whole lot of things that I really needn’t have worried about!! :halo: The ACA dbty makes a wonderful ‘base’, the drop length is just right, Jacqui’s workshop did a marvellous job attaching the briolettes discretely in exactly the configuration I wanted... everything about them is perfect :kiss2:

Thank you for sharing in them with me ::)

@LLJsmom you’re darling ::) I’m a software engineer in the real world. It’s all algorithms and data manipulation... and technology changes so quickly - it’s often exhausting, and it’s more than infrequently infuriating, but it’s also exhilarating and all-consuming and I love it :mrgreen2: And you aren’t far off - I’ve definitely always been the dreamer of my teams! To the delight of some and the exasperation of others, admittedly ::)

I have, fortunately for all, learnt to temper both the idealism and the micromanaging :halo: it’s even possible Sheerah might agree!! :mrgreen2:

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@kama_s thank you!! I didn't realise we had so many similar pieces! I think I'll need a blingtastic tennis bracelet to keep up :cool2:

I did sell some yellow briolettes a few years ago - one of only two parcels I regret selling :(sad
I was delighted and touched to receive these briolette beauties from a close friend :kiss2: and I'm so happy with the earrings - they do them justice ::)

The band really is very comfortable. The stones aren't set exceptionally low, but they're low enough - and small enough - that they aren't uncomfortable between the fingers. My ring is usually a half size too large for me so I stack a plain wide band with it to tighten things up ::)

I'm going to need photos of your RG anklet :geek2:

@Vera W! Oh my goodness, I'm thrilled that you stopped by my thread!! I have you, Sheerah, Leon, and the rest of the WF team to thank for so much of my jewellery box and for a decade of sparkly celebrations :love::appl::sun:

Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts and thank you so much for always being so wonderful to work with!! :bigsmile:

@alene thank you!! ::)

Thank you @Lorelei love! :mrgreen2:

@ceg thank you!! :bigsmile:

@Rosebloom thank you!! One of my year's resolutions was to make an effort to appreciate what I already own more. I'm lucky to own some lovely pieces that I don't wear nearly enough ;(

I'll do my best to get some group shots whilst the good weather lasts!! :sun:

@Tekate thank you!! ::)

You're welcome @yssie It for sure is a decade of love!! :kiss2:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thank you for sharing, yssie! Your pieces are always so carefully thought out, and I enjoy hearing about the process. The asymmetric briolette diamond station earrings are absolutely captivating, and I can only imagine how gorgeous they are in motion. Truly a stunning example of a "symmetrically asymmetric" piece!

If you ever have the time, would you mind posting a straight-on handshot of your custom Annette U-prong eternity band? I'd love to see the full coverage of 20 pointers and how scalloped it is. Do you usually alternate between wearing the eternity and your Erika Winters' Margot, or wear them together? Thanks so much!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing. Scoop me up off the floor.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The choreography is outstanding: jewellery + photography. Standing ovation:appl:.

cheers--Sharon

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

(2) 0.34ct H VS2 ACAs
(1) 3.50mm ACA melee
(4) 2.75mm ACA melee

I received these baby briolettes as a gift last year. I felt I ought to save them for an _elegant_ piece _with gravitas_, but I couldn't get the thought that they'd make darling drops out of my head, and I couldn't stop trawling Etsy for asymmetric designs, and after a few months of analysis paralysis I caved and gave myself permission to turn them into very-casual very-lighthearted earrings.

The earrings are custom 2" 'WF by the Yard' drops with graduated melee. From Sheerah on the missing bezel station:
In all honestly I think Leon's head may have exploded just a little when I reiterated that you *did* want a blank space on that particular earring

From WF:
BRIOLETTE.jpg

Studio1040 in LA hung the briolettes. I asked for an uneven distribution that used a cluster of briolettes to replace the missing bezel station and Jacqui did a marvellous job aligning them :love: They're perfectly, beautifully "symmetrically asymmetric" :kiss2:

Briolette_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_6.png

Those briolette drops are so stunning!!!!

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock

(2) 0.34ct H VS2 ACAs
(1) 3.50mm ACA melee
(4) 2.75mm ACA melee

From WF:
BRIOLETTE.jpg

Briolette_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Briolette_6.png

Oh those earrings!!! I’m drooling all over my phone!:kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Skhii Thank you!! Here are a couple of photos I skipped in the original cull that show the angle you're looking for, I think ::)

I wear this band nearly every day! Margot spends most of her days in the safe - she's much higher-maintenance :mrgreen2: This band is a sturdy, down-to-earth, no-fuss workhorse - I've had the prongs tightened twice since receiving it and that's about the extent of maintenance! I'm generally pretty easy on jewellery though... with a few notable exceptions :eek-2:

I'm planning to ask WF about a second, larger eternity at some point this year. I'd love a statement piece with 45-50 pointers :love: originally I wanted this same setting style, but stones that large will need to sit as low as possible - I think baskets or bezels would be much better suited. I rather imagine I'll still be wearing this little love daily though ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those briolette drops are so stunning!!!!

Thank you!! I've historically caved to the convenience of wearing exactly the same pieces for weeks on end... This year, though, I've been reaching for these earrings and my Erika Winters bar drops almost weekly. Apparently I just needed sufficient motivation to change the wardrobe :mrgreen2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results