shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone - centered cushion cut?

P

PierreBear

Hi PS Friends,

I've seen various three stone looks such as an emerald cut with baguettes on the side. Or asscher with traps on the side etc.... but not sure I've come across a cushion cut centered stone that was flanked with diamonds. Any pictures to share?

I think I like the look of an elongated center stone such as an emerald cut or a some of the longer cushions so just wanted to explore those options with a three stone look.

Thanks in advance!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's Nyc2chigal's (with halo)

img_20130216_3.jpg

P

PierreBear

Thanks for sharing the ones ya'll could find. I appreciate it!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love cushion three stone rings!

Here's an AVC with traps: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-16-avc-ring-k-si2-with-traps.222543/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-16-avc-ring-k-si2-with-traps.222543/[/URL]

And an antique cushion with step down baguettes- I love this one! http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/2-03ct-art-deco-antique-cushion-cut-diamond-ring-gia-l-si2#.V35ziSMrK2w

DBL has tons of examples of cushions with side stones as well. Harry Winston also does cushions with baguettes. Hope this helps a bit! :D

P

PierreBear

Mrs. Blop - I was reading through your threads and it looked like you were close to pulling the trigger on a larger cushion and work with Steven. Did you decide against it and do you mind sharing it? What did you come up with on the best side stones to use/not use? : )

P

PierreBear

Great finds! Thanks Leukolenos!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pierrebear :)

A warm, 2.03ct Victor Canera Antique cushion - and I did pull the trigger. :) I'm in no hurry to set it, tho, and probably won't until next year - possibly even the middle of next year. I doubt I'll set it with side stones tho; I'll probably set it in a yellow gold Emilya setting by VC, tho I'm also keen on the idea of ruby trap sides.

How are you doing on your project? Have you made any progress on deciding what you might like?

P

PierreBear

mrs-blop|1468272126|4054491 said:
Hi Pierrebear :)

A warm, 2.03ct Victor Canera Antique cushion - and I did pull the trigger. :) I'm in no hurry to set it, tho, and probably won't until next year - possibly even the middle of next year. I doubt I'll set it with side stones tho; I'll probably set it in a yellow gold Emilya setting by VC, tho I'm also keen on the idea of ruby trap sides.

How are you doing on your project? Have you made any progress on deciding what you might like?

Hi Mrs Blop! :wavey:

Congrats on the purchase and wow, I can't imagine purchasing a beautiful stone and being patient enough to not set it and enjoy it. Are you waiting to make sure you are wanting the same setting as I've noticed myself vacilliate as I see different rings on the show me the ring threads? : )

Well, as for me, I've settled on a 5 stone band (it's still in production) and saving the hopefully one and only upgrade for a bigger anniversary down the line. Which is far away from now but I'm just asking questions here and there to try and learn. I think I would like to have something different from my current ring (modest round brilliant set in 4 prongs on a shared prong band) or it's a way to justify having more than one. haha! However, I'm learning that finger coverage is important to me and am trying to figure out how to do it most cost effectively. I'm not sure if I'm much of a halo fan so that leads me to the step cut route but it seems pricey to find one with the right spread that doesn't blow the entire budget. Perhaps the side stones like traps help? So then I started to look into the antique cushions and the beautiful facets seem more attractive to me than the step cut look. However, having one large center stone still seems similar to my current look so I was trying to figure out how to make it more of a three stone look. Honestly, I don't think I've seen a three stone cushion that has blown me away yet but there doesn't seem to be that many options so maybe it's just not the look for the stone. I'm rambling but thanks for listening and appreciate any pointers you have!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results