shape
carat
color
clarity

thoughts on this EGL USA?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends :)) . What size finger does your GF have? That ES stone at WF is awesome by the way. With that one you know it will perform beautifully. Put it on hold and wait to see the JA stone. Personally I am leery of a K that large, but everyone has a tolerance so definitely see it first.

Will you buy an ASET to use on the JA stone?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ES = Expert Selection

You don't really need to get the stone appraised unless it has a cert other than GIA or AGS. And that would be to compare it's "value/market value" to what you paid for it. You would want to get the entire ring appraised if you are going to insure it (and I recommend you do). But you can do a simple comparison price check with any GIA or AGS stone to make sure you're paying around what you should be.

fofolala

Rough_Rock
Gotcha. thanks.
I do plan to insure the silly thing!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the J from B2C. I'm not seeing a lot of leakage from those photos of the stone. I do see some in the I and that low crown and faceted girdle have me wary of chipping issues. I like the J though.

Keep the J on the list.

The ES is an option as well. So keep those both in mind.

How long till that K gets there? It seems like its been a while (or maybe I am impatient).

fofolala

Rough_Rock
We're both impatient, it seems :)
It should arrive Wednesday...ish. It has to go from India to NYC/JA to LA, and I paid for it on Wednesday. I'm anxious and excited, but more than anything i'm expecting it to be flawed in some unacceptable way.
I like the J from B2C as well.

Gypsy, I'd be interest to hear what you think of this:
https://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-1-99-Carat-I-color-GIA-certified/D-66260S
and what you would diamonds you would suggest if i were to raise my budget to 15k or 17k.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Terrible. Please stick to specs posted for you previously for table depth and crown and pavilion angles.

fofolala

Rough_Rock
Whoa. yes it is terrible and out-of-bounds. I linked the wrong diamond, and I can't seem to find the one that was HCA<2... sorry for wasting your time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results