shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on these two 4ct EC

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
3EBE2951-BA7C-4403-807A-75330B440A1E.jpeg E67EA0BE-69E0-4856-B111-58E0BB1B853A.jpeg 74E48E86-B75F-4E3E-B739-70F70D5A5C6A.jpeg 55A3B6B1-78C3-4FE1-B1C1-E5607A8375EA.jpeg
D!!! D-efinitely D!!
It’s “D” all the way!!!!!!! It is GORG for me. Smaller than the rest but the steps are exactly what I wanted and it’s a J w med FL. I will be honest. It is so strange bc the other K w no Fl liked WHITE in YG and silvery in WG. This is the opposite. Looks much whiter in WG. It’s a 4.03. VS1. 7.77 X 10.68. Almost Same length as “B” but that stone was 8.03 x 10.64. Here is a last shoot before I drop off tomorrow. Btw. Adam is the most kind and patient person on the planet. He lives in my town and has been meeting me!! Lol. Cannot say enough about him. I will be using him from here on out and all my friends!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
:appl:wanted to "distract" you with even more excitement! Can't wait to see your finished ring!

DXOD_OzX4AEPgY0.jpg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
From what I see from photos I like D. I do not think B will give you enough of a jump in size and you will regret it later. Soooo, I would say D or start fresh!

D looks better in these latest photos :) for sure. B had size against it, you’re totally right on that from. D may be the one the checks the most boxes to be fair.

But let’s all take a moment and say ‘hot DAMN’ on the diamond and sapphire stack!!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
D is lovely. My smaller EC is a J and faces quite white, and that’s with no FL. Assuming you have C still, I’d do what you did before. Line them up, same picture, same light, take a look and a deep breath and really listen to your gut.

Ratios really matter - if D has more of what you want given the setting you’ll put it in, that’s a major plus!

D looks a smidge longer than C, is that right?
Wow. You are amazing! Yes D is literally a smidge longer but not as wide. It’s 10.68 x 7.77. And B was 10.64 x 8.03. It’s funny. The B stone l thought was longer at first glance bc of the hefty width. It was starting to grow on me or I was willing it to! But I think I may do traps for now bc it’s less expensive and a halo will surely be more. I love traps - so I’m absolutely fine w that and it will add some width. I am open to suggestions - so please feel free to lmk! Again- cannot thank you enough for the advice and photos of your beautiful pieces.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
D looks better in these latest photos :) for sure. B had size against it, you’re totally right on that from. D may be the one the checks the most boxes to be fair.

But let’s all take a moment and say ‘hot DAMN’ on the diamond and sapphire stack!!!
. Hahah. Thank you so much! I added these sapphires last year. I do love them and alternate them w diff things. I have 2 YG beaded rings from Tiffany’s and wear all four. I also like them w my EC band :). Ps. Last question. I think the stone will look big w the traps to add width? The other stone “C” was almost same width but longer 10x89? Around there.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
From what I see from photos I like D. I do not think B will give you enough of a jump in size and you will regret it later. Soooo, I would say D or start fresh!
. Thanks so much. Actually B is bigger (4.50ct) and this is 4.03ct but I really care most about the cut. I DEf wanted an upgrade w the add’l cost. It is a little painful to pay a lot more for less ct but it’s all a trade off. I would like to halo and I felt the others were too big. So it’s all good. No complaints and I pray no regrets. I cannot mess this up. My poor man :(.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
0E851F57-F4A8-4416-9F98-A65C7DD32243.jpeg
. Hahah. Thank you so much! I added these sapphires last year. I do love them and alternate them w diff things. I have 2 YG beaded rings from Tiffany’s and wear all four. I also like them w my EC band :). Ps. Last question. I think the stone will look big w the traps to add width? The other stone “C” was almost same width but longer 10x89? Around there.

Girth with the side traps is totally a personal issue -
Both skinny traps more like baguettes and full on kite style trap will looks fabulous. Frankly it’s more of how the bridge is made for the side stones. Look at the Graff photo and you can see the side traps are angled down along the band as opposed to sticking out more Parallel to the body of the stone. I think that is what will determine the visual appeal of the side stones more than the size of them.

This is my L antique 2.6 pear, VVS1 No FL. While a smaller stone than yours, different cut from the underside you can see what I mean. The small baguettes come out from the body of the pair and gently move down the band. They do not stick out horizontal to the pair and perpendicular to the band.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

. Thanks so much. Actually B is bigger (4.50ct) and this is 4.03ct but I really care most about the cut. I DEf wanted an upgrade w the add’l cost. It is a little painful to pay a lot more for less ct but it’s all a trade off. I would like to halo and I felt the others were too big. So it’s all good. No complaints and I pray no regrets. I cannot mess this up. My poor man :(.

Attachments

• 3298DE82-C61D-4E7A-A477-4DB594B6CF64.jpeg
    3298DE82-C61D-4E7A-A477-4DB594B6CF64.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 75ED0D3F-DFEF-404E-9B0D-CA17B955524F.jpeg
    75ED0D3F-DFEF-404E-9B0D-CA17B955524F.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 95206D9B-68AE-473E-9A9F-BE8829D96D94.jpeg
    95206D9B-68AE-473E-9A9F-BE8829D96D94.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 22

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
A866D12F-C4C1-44CA-9BD7-FA3B793E139F.jpeg 8F1AD2DE-2CA5-492B-91B5-B1DF612805BB.jpeg 5F5D4DDF-A42F-4619-8F5E-E127374F6928.jpeg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
0E851F57-F4A8-4416-9F98-A65C7DD32243.jpeg

Girth with the side traps is totally a personal issue -
Both skinny traps more like baguettes and full on kite style trap will looks fabulous. Frankly it’s more of how the bridge is made for the side stones. Look at the Graff photo and you can see the side traps are angled down along the band as opposed to sticking out more Parallel to the body of the stone. I think that is what will determine the visual appeal of the side stones more than the size of them.

This is my L antique 2.6 pear, VVS1 No FL. While a smaller stone than yours, different cut from the underside you can see what I mean. The small baguettes come out from the body of the pair and gently move down the band. They do not stick out horizontal to the pair and perpendicular to the band.
That looks beautiful and I see what you mean. Thank you! Can you post a frontal photo of your ring so I can see how the baguettes rest? Thank you again. I’ll take all ideas!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you picked the best!! I actually only like halos with ECs in longer ratios so that could be beautiful!
_32927.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
01602F1D-1BC9-4619-A4C4-198845F486F7.jpeg 4B7BE605-5088-4746-8662-F45283BEE359.jpeg E882FA6C-5045-4BDD-ACA5-0A166566FA83.jpeg 9D8D82B6-21C1-4B52-83FD-EF61E2440521.jpeg
I think you picked the best!! I actually only like halos with ECs in longer ratios so that could be beautiful!
_32927.jpg
Thanks so much. I actually saved something similar to that. I think I will probably do diff for now and research it some. But please send me
Any ideas you have. I’m open. I thinking of doing a very delicate beaded bezel in platinum and a very thin diamond shank. Bezel like this asscher (more refined but this idea but not that shank.. more daintier and tiny diamonds. I also love this halo but w corners cut out to match stone shape.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
52AF8736-AFFC-4217-AD3F-E6D632211110.jpeg
That looks beautiful and I see what you mean. Thank you! Can you post a frontal photo of your ring so I can see how the baguettes rest? Thank you again. I’ll take all ideas!

Here you go :)

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diamond D is stunning! :appl: The step patterning is so elegant and it suits your hand. I will look forward to following your setting journey.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond D is stunning! :appl: The step patterning is so elegant and it suits your hand. I will look forward to following your setting journey.

52AF8736-AFFC-4217-AD3F-E6D632211110.jpeg

I started a new thread in Rocky talk about any help you all can give me... I think I will be on a budget since I already am over... o_O I know Adam does custom - so even something simple is at a minimum price -which I absolutely understand and can appreciate. Should I just take it and get a generic baguette band (side stones).. that can't be a lot right, if already made?? Do they do this w bezels? A milgrain simple one? ugh I am such a visual person and I can already tell this is going to be a little painful....

Here you go :)
one last one before I hand her off!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I love D. That was my “gut” feeling for you. So happy for you and can’t wait to join your setting journey!
Hi Diamondlove123! Did you find your halo? I need all the help I can get :). Thanks again.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Hi Diamondlove123! Did you find your halo? I need all the help I can get :). Thanks again.

Hi, here is a picture of my old ring - it was a 3.08 J color. Not the best EC but I was large for its size - 7.5x9.8. It was white looking but my current 4.5ct performs better. The 3.08 ct I eventually sold. Here it is in a halo setting and I loved it. I would put my current EC in this setting once I get bored with the simplicity of the solitaire setting that it’s in.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondlove123 WOW! That looks fantastic and HUGE! I’m shocked you upgraded! That’s how big it looks. But I’m sure it’s that good ol’ Diamond shrinkage! I even texted poor A last night bc a 4.3 popped up on my feed and it was just a smidge linger than what I’m getting (same exact width). Same color but no FL and look beautiful. It was another 2k lol. He roped me in. Ofcourse now I’m like - I wish it was the dime skins of the one I was going to get but I could halo this as I don’t know if I would have the other but that’s probably silly in the scheme of things. It’s already big. Now it will depend on pricing. So over already. Your stone is seriously so beautiful. I tried to find an l w Strong or Med FL but none to be bad w the cut like yours. Do you have a far away hand shot for perspective for me? I love it and Thank you so much. This actually helped ALOT!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondlove123 WOW! That looks fantastic and HUGE! I’m shocked you upgraded! That’s how big it looks. But I’m sure it’s that good ol’ Diamond shrinkage! I even texted poor A last night bc a 4.3 popped up on my feed and it was just a smidge linger than what I’m getting (same exact width). Same color but no FL and look beautiful. It was another 2k lol. He roped me in. Ofcourse now I’m like - I wish it was the dime skins of the one I was going to get but I could halo this as I don’t know if I would have the other but that’s probably silly in the scheme of things. It’s already big. Now it will depend on pricing. So over already. Your stone is seriously so beautiful. I tried to find an l w Strong or Med FL but none to be bad w the cut like yours. Do you have a far away hand shot for perspective for me? I love it and Thank you so much. This actually helped ALOT!!
. @diamondlove123. Forgive all the typos! Put my glasses on! I hope you could decipher my thoughts.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed reading your thread even though the decision was made by the time I read it! Ultimately I think you made the best choice to go with the J color stone. I think you'll be glad you did! I was going to tell you never to choose because of fluorescence, because it is only has an effect in certain lighting with UV. Sometimes the FL causes the stone to be graded higher than its true body color, so the actual color might be in the low end of the grade even though it looks whiter with UV lighting. Cut has to be the first priority, and I liked the no fluoro stone best in the first set of stones, and I do like the cut on the J, plus the higher color! I look forward to seeing it set! :appl:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoyed reading your thread even though the decision was made by the time I read it! Ultimately I think you made the best choice to go with the J color stone. I think you'll be glad you did! I was going to tell you never to choose because of fluorescence, because it is only has an effect in certain lighting with UV. Sometimes the FL causes the stone to be graded higher than its true body color, so the actual color might be in the low end of the grade even though it looks whiter with UV lighting. Cut has to be the first priority, and I liked the no fluoro stone best in the first set of stones, and I do like the cut on the J, plus the higher color! I look forward to seeing it set! :appl:
thank you SO much @diamondseeker2006!! That means a lot. It’s too much money to screw up (honestly ANY amount of money is - and I just do not want to have any regrets). I think it’s the best I could afford w all my boxes being checked. I do love the steps/cut the most! That was my first priority. Then ratio. Then size enough to be worth doing this. Then color (as long as not yellow on its own in platinum/WG). Thanks again. Now trying to figure out an inexpensive setting. I think the halo is out bc I just can’t see doing that now on top of it all. Thanks again :)

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of making a three stone with two peruzzi cuts. They would echo the tiny table and high crown of my generic asscher while keeping the geometric feel and providing more finger coverage. In reality it most likely will be haloed since this can be sourced more readily.
The sapphires sound like a great idea to me. The sapphires would make the whiteness of the diamond pop and they would echo the hall of mirrors of the steps. The emerald cut on DK's IG was a 6 ct surrounded by a halo of french cut blue sapphires with double claw prongs and tapered baguette shoulders. It sounds a bit much but it fits the diamond.
Will look forward to your pics and thoughts on the diamonds.

Do you have a handshot for this 3 stone ring? It sounds lovely. Asscher cut with two peruzzi stones. I’d love to see it.:appl::wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results