shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on these two 4ct EC

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
323A449A-6194-473E-B665-A268B13F23A9.jpeg F4A358B8-A5BC-4D17-8373-B07D42BE3015.jpeg Hi-

I posted in Diamondlove123 but thought best to start a new thread.

I looked at several EC’s and am currently on the hunt for a well cut stone: ideally would like: White looking (like diamondlove123) and w pronounced steps and rectangular (1.4) ratio. Completely eye clean (VS2+) It just has not been that easy to find the one- w all my boxes being checked. That being said- what are your thoughts on these two? No Asets. Asked for them. Everyone does say to look w your own eye but I cannot tell at this point. I’m drawn to the cut of one that I will post but it does show more color. The other is whiter but the steps are (to me) the same. However- it looks bright when in a holder. I’m worried there is a bow tie in one of them. I don’t always see it - so I’m not sure if it’s my own reflection. Btw - both same color and almost same measurements. Same price.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
323A449A-6194-473E-B665-A268B13F23A9.jpeg F4A358B8-A5BC-4D17-8373-B07D42BE3015.jpeg Hi-

I posted in Diamondlove123 but thought best to start a new thread.

I looked at several EC’s and am currently on the hunt for a well cut stone: ideally would like: White looking (like diamondlove123) and w pronounced steps and rectangular (1.4) ratio. Completely eye clean (VS2+) It just has not been that easy to find the one- w all my boxes being checked. That being said- what are your thoughts on these two? No Asets. Asked for them. Everyone does say to look w your own eye but I cannot tell at this point. I’m drawn to the cut of one that I will post but it does show more color. The other is whiter but the steps are (to me) the same. However- it looks bright when in a holder. I’m worried there is a bow tie in one of them. I don’t always see it - so I’m not sure if it’s my own reflection. Btw - both same color and almost same measurements. Same price.
C0D4A062-97BC-42A8-8192-C8E376354D56.jpeg F3E5FD92-685E-48DE-A0A6-B6D996AC7202.jpeg E85A6F8C-6659-4985-AD51-5DF9689E83FA.jpeg 7446CCFC-1DEF-4DA9-9F71-8685D7CB726F.jpeg 3103B2DE-0035-426D-BE57-FA67EDD7E6EE.jpeg

EC8

Shiny_Rock
As a former EC owner my preference is for the stone on the top, in the ring holder, the one showing more color (assuming theses are all the same stone ). Mostly because I don’t care for the contrast pattern across the belly.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I much prefer the one with no bow tie and it still looks very white.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I much prefer the one with no bow tie and it still looks very white.
Hi Emeraldsaremyfavorite- I think I need to post new photos w real life perspective. The one that you both picked is my favorite. It DEf looks super white in the video and in the box. On the hand - it’s a diff story. I’m seeing them both in settings tomorrow- so I’ll take more photos. But I’m glad you guys confirmed my thoughts. Thank you so much!
As a former EC owner my preference is for the stone on the top, in the ring holder, the one showing more color (assuming theses are all the same stone ). Mostly because I don’t care for the contrast pattern across the belly.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Emeraldsaremyfavorite- I think I need to post new photos w real life perspective. The one that you both picked is my favorite. It DEf looks super white in the video and in the box. On the hand - it’s a diff story. I’m seeing them both in settings tomorrow- so I’ll take more photos. But I’m glad you guys confirmed my thoughts. Thank you so much!
Can’t wait to see them! And I think your previous EC was an F? This will be very interesting to see what you think of an L!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait to see them! And I think your previous EC was an F? This will be very interesting to see what you think of an L!!
Thanks! Actually- they are K’s. One w Fl looks white. The other we shall see! Seeing a 4ct G as well but the cut would have to be superb..... it looked nice in the video but not compared to the other one. So hard to tell! Thx again.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the step faceting pattern on the first diamond. The second diamond appears slightly see through or leaky compared to the first to my uneducated eyes. Looking forward to your opinions of the diamonds tomorrow. Do you believe the K color is more noticeable in certain lighting situations or does it remain the same despite the lighting? How will you set your future emerald cut? I am excited for you and look forward to seeing your vision come to life.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I love the step faceting pattern on the first diamond. The second diamond appears slightly see through or leaky compared to the first to my uneducated eyes. Looking forward to your opinions of the diamonds tomorrow. Do you believe the K color is more noticeable in certain lighting situations or does it remain the same despite the lighting? How will you set your future emerald cut? I am excited for you and look forward to seeing your vision come to life.
Hi princessandthepear! Thanks so much for your response. Are you referring to the one that says “no Fl”. I should have marked A or B. Lol. I shall see them in better lighting tomorrow. I do love the color of the one w med Fl bc it looks super white. (And I had an EC w an F before) So - I DEf know when I see color. The other one I just love the steps. My husband thinks I will see the color either of them. o_O He is rooting for an asscher we saw (4 ct) that’s white. It’s beautiful. Just not sure I can give up the EC. I have looked for smaller stones - with a whiter color but To get that 1.4 ratio or Even a 1.5. And all the whole w an amazing cut..... not that easy (and in my budget). So that being said, my old stone was about 7x9. Therefore, I would like a jump in size. (Noticeable) to off set what we are spending. I have been seeing others w K and L’s and theirs look so white. I will take photos tomorrow and update! I’m thinking halo (but it may look too big) so then perhaps traps or just simple prongs w tiny diamonds down the shank. I’m open to suggestions! I like simple clean lines and love Art Deco (dainty sapphire halos, mill grain beading, etc but this would all be too much w a larger stone... I think. I will send some inspirational photos! Thanks again.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Funny you mention asschers. I just purchased a generic asscher and find myself really wishing that I had purchased an emerald cut instead. I am still in the return period so it may happen yet. I would love to hear some of the parameters you look for regarding table, and depth, etc.
Did you see the emerald cut diamond on David Klass' IG? It's very sleek and yet vintage.

Last edited:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Funny you mention asschers. I just purchased a generic asscher and find myself really wishing that I had purchased an emerald cut instead. I am still in the return period so it may happen yet. I would love to hear some of the parameters you look for regarding table, and depth, etc.
. Lol. See- maybe that’s a sign I should stick w the EC! I only know it’s about 9.4mm and GIA bc I didn’t bother to ask about the table or depth bc I was kind of dismissing it until I actually saw it. My husband loved it. I’ll see tomorrow and take a pic and let you know. I believe it is not a perfect square and approx (9.40x9.20) but it DEf shows the steps. Not perfect but very, very pretty and bright!! I’ll keep you posted. Ps. I would want to halo that w tiny French cut sapphires. My hubby doesn’t like that idea but I think that’s the only way I’ll like it. What were you originally thinking for yours if you keep it?

Reactions: AV_

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking of making a three stone with two peruzzi cuts. They would echo the tiny table and high crown of my generic asscher while keeping the geometric feel and providing more finger coverage. In reality it most likely will be haloed since this can be sourced more readily.
The sapphires sound like a great idea to me. The sapphires would make the whiteness of the diamond pop and they would echo the hall of mirrors of the steps. The emerald cut on DK's IG was a 6 ct surrounded by a halo of french cut blue sapphires with double claw prongs and tapered baguette shoulders. It sounds a bit much but it fits the diamond.
Will look forward to your pics and thoughts on the diamonds.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
I may be in the minority here but I would halo it. I didn’t halo mine because I didn’t want to spend on the setting so much. I like the contrast between the melee and the step cut. That’s what I had before with my 3 carat and I loved it. Some people may think it’s over the top. I also like the halo with pronounced cut corner. But classic traps are always nice too, classy and not as in your face. I will eventually put mine in halo some day.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking of making a three stone with two peruzzi cuts. They would echo the tiny table and high crown of my generic asscher while keeping the geometric feel and providing more finger coverage. In reality it most likely will be haloed since this can be sourced more readily.
The sapphires sound like a great idea to me. The sapphires would make the whiteness of the diamond pop and they would echo the hall of mirrors of the steps. The emerald cut on DK's IG was a 6 ct surrounded by a halo of french cut blue sapphires with double claw prongs and tapered baguette shoulders. It sounds a bit much but it fits the diamond.
Will look forward to your pics and thoughts on the diamonds.
. Ooh. I will google that sidetone you mentioned! I had not heard of them prior to you!
I will also look up DK’s Insta. I’ll show you some photos as well. Thank you for all your thoughtful reply’s. Truly appreciated.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I may be in the minority here but I would halo it. I didn’t halo mine because I didn’t want to spend on the setting so much. I like the contrast between the melee and the step cut. That’s what I had before with my 3 carat and I loved it. Some people may think it’s over the top. I also like the halo with pronounced cut corner. But classic traps are always nice too, classy and not as in your face. I will eventually put mine in halo some day.
Hello! So you would too? You have a gorgeous diamond and I wish you did it so I could see it! I know I would love it too! I need to find the perfect halo. Intend to like the bezeled ones w ever so tiny diamonds. Antiquèèè... (picture me drawing that word out) lol I’ll post some diff ideas I’m thinking. Tell me which you prefer. More to come this afternoon after I see the stones again. Ps. Does your L have Med Fl? Can you tell me your table and depth? These stones are close to your dimensions. Something like 8 X 10.8 and 7.60 x 10.64. Thanks so much.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
So, in the first photo, I prefer the stone in box 1. I think that’s the one in the stone ring holder too. I don’t like the amount of facets that are off at once in the other stone.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I love Stone Hunter’s for the Asscher but in Platinum. Just simple and with tiny diamonds down a 1.6mm shank. Also- love the sapphire halo (smaller though) and again, simple whisper think shank w diamonds or I actually love the modern gold w platinum bezel for the EC (prob will not do but admire it) and I love the double shank w Asscher but mich dainties.. but love the old school feel to it. I also like the above Asscher Halo (just not sure if would want prongs or bezel). And that would be the same for an EC halo.....

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have an emerald cut and it’s in a baguette halo. I like a bezel halo personallly to with the cut corners. I was worried I’d chip the corners. My stone is 8.83 x 6.09. I don’t think it’s too big.

IMG_20190308_173240598.jpg

IMG_20190306_121831229.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
F8231235-9A71-4ABD-8867-A6FF0CABC478.jpeg AC8FD07F-0E69-4874-8C74-FD762C031158.jpeg 85ACC76A-9A0D-42D2-91ED-8C65C00062AA.jpeg 19355EBD-98B8-49FC-AF8D-A32C17246573.jpeg B229B24B-8CCD-49A0-B9F2-8EF45C38D1B9.jpeg 705B4D95-9A85-43BA-93EC-712445CDCFCE.jpeg
I love Stone Hunter’s for the Asscher but in Platinum. Just simple and with tiny diamonds down a 1.6mm shank. Also- love the sapphire halo (smaller though) and again, simple whisper think shank w diamonds or I actually love the modern gold w platinum bezel for the EC (prob will not do but admire it) and I love the double shank w Asscher but mich dainties.. but love the old school feel to it. I also like the above Asscher Halo (just not sure if would want prongs or bezel). And that would be the same for an EC halo.....
. Oh and PS. That’s the Asscher. Not as square.... and a couple of more inspirational settings...for an EC

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
So, in the first photo, I prefer the stone in box 1. I think that’s the one in the stone ring holder too. I don’t like the amount of facets that are off at once in the other stone.
hi Elizat! Your setting looks beautiful! So art deco which I ADORE!!! I think I’m confusing everyone here. I should have labeled the stones. The very first black box at the very top is the stone “w FL”. Look at the ones in the holder. The 2nd black box is the one “w Out” FL. In the holder it looks better than the one w Fl... so which is he one you prefer?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I really like an ec with traps...epaulettes are very pretty too. I don’t love the rounds in a halo with a step cut personally, but that’s me. I do like a colored stone halo. Colored stone baguettes or small French cuts could be pretty.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Ok! Yes. The one withOUT Fl.. yes. That’s what I think too. Ok. Just wanted to clarify which stone is which so I labeled A or B. Only concern is B is more color showing bc the other has Fl and white looking. Worried if I halo the non Fl - it will show more color??? Open to thoughts. Do you like the Asscher? That is super white.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much fun stalking this thread. ❤️❤️

AV_

Ideal_Rock

About asschers & halos: WWW

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So A is fluorescence but a bow tie? I like B better but I do see quite a bit of color, is that the lighting?

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
So A is fluorescence but a bow tie? I like B better but I do see quite a bit of color, is that the lighting?
The bow tie is the white one (in real life #A). The B stone I do t have pics of - other than the black box photo and the prongs one... today I will get some and then post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results