shape
carat
color
clarity

The upgrade to end all upgrades...

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Mike is working on a few more design ideas for me. In the meanwhile, more pics!

Attachments

• IMG_3009.jpeg
    IMG_3009.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 172

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Holy cow this is GORGEOUS! The video especially where you can see the true size of it from the side shot, it's stunning, congratulations!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely spectacular!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
This diamond is a work of art. Really great that you were able to perfect t even further by adjusting the culet
Can’t wait to see how you end up setting it!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I've decided to give ranges with the caveat that prices were obviously the lowest with Grace/Anup as they had originally sourced the stone (2022) and the prices thereafter with the other vendors would have had to change hands several times until it landed with a particular dealer who owned the stone (2023).

Anup/Grace 155k (March 2022)
88Star/Rare Carat 175-185k (June/July 2023)
OWD over 195k (June/july 2023)
Rita on the Rocks over 200k (June/July 2023)
Kelly K Over 220k (June/July 2023)

So interesting...I had no idea how that works in the diamond biz. Thx for sharing. I'm like what?...You passed it up the first time? Rarest of rare! Hard lesson, but you were victorious! Great story! Super diamond...love the antiques...they aren't making any more of those babies! Maybe some cutter should start cutting by candlelight again! Lost art, I'm sure. Amazingly beautiful stone!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
So interesting...I had no idea how that works in the diamond biz. Thx for sharing. I'm like what?...You passed it up the first time? Rarest of rare! Hard lesson, but you were victorious! Great story! Super diamond...love the antiques...they aren't making any more of those babies! Maybe some cutter should start cutting by candlelight again! Lost art, I'm sure. Amazingly beautiful stone!

I mean, it would be like any other business right? Wholesale pricing then look at RAP and add in your margins?

I did pass it up the first time because a) it felt SO huge and b) it was a large sum of money and I felt guilty about it. But we bought our dream home and sold our other home 6 months after so I felt better about it after all those expenses were taken care of.

When the culet was getting adjusted at the cutter, another dealer stopped in and actually asked the cutter if it was for sale as it really is a beauty and an actual antique stone at that!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to put it in a temp setting till I can figure out what to do with the final setting. Mike is coming up with several more designs in the meantime.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Lawn chair, bucket of popcorn, beer...

Haha I am having a Plat/Rose Gold (satin finish on the RG) version made of the Ring Concierge Antique setting for a temp setting. Might as well enjoy it till I can figure out what the heck I really want in a setting.

I feel bad for Mike, he seems exasperated hahaha - last time it was not this difficult to choose a design .

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
LOL @Begonia

Good call @Resonance.Of.Life - This diamond deserves to to be worn and enjoyed - looking forward to seeing it on your hand!

<3

I've waited sooo long for this ring... I might as well be more patient before plopping down $$$$$ on a completely hand forged ring.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
My temp setting is here and it is so dainty and perfect!

Sorry for the crappy lighting and dry hands.

IMG_0491.jpeg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
It looks utterly ridiculous lol . I swear it looks like a cz

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous! The fleur de lis prongs are lovely. But only 4 prongs on such a large diamond is making me nervous! I feel like it needs at least 8!! Or 80 :lol-2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this setting! It is a massive diamond but it clearly needs no embellishment! Have a great vacation and take more pics for us!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
This perspective shot is amazeballs!! Definitely don’t need a halo on this boulder. I love the two tone!
Rose gold and Plat is my favorite two tone. Harkens back to my first e-ring with the JBEG Bella Halo ! My wedding band happens to be a two tone RG/Plat band from Tiffany !

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
DK did a fantastic job to finish the ring in 3 days after the CADs were approved. Hats off to DK , Amy, and Priya !!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m insanely curious and hope you’ll indulge. How many mm is the shank?

It’s beautiful even only as a temp!
Have always loved that antique inspo design :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results