shape
carat
color
clarity

The upgrade to end all upgrades...

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I've been on the hunt for a bigger upgrade since 2020 when I sold Isla (3.02 GIA i si1 antique cushion 9.47mm X 8.83mm) but with the caveats that it would have to be a) an actual antique and b) be whiter than my last upgrade. Both of those conditions are really hard to fulfill since many of the bigger, whiter antique diamonds have been recut into modern cuts. I got a text from Grace of Jewels by Grace one day (March 2022) indicating that Anup (Jogani Jewels) had just sourced the perfect stone for me. I made my way to LA a few days later to see the stone in person as it was definitely a rare bird, a 6.76 carat GIA H Si1 antique cushion (12.25 mm X 11.49 mm). My first impressions were, "Holy cannoli that diamond is HUGE. And holy crap, that thing is white!" I took a few days to mull over it, and decided to ultimately pass on it as it was still a very expensive diamond and I was just shocked at sheer size on my tiny fingers. Needless to say, the diamond was sold very shortly after I passed on it due to the rarity of size and color.

I would peruse IG looking for any 5 carat + GIA H or higher antique cushions with very little success on any nicely faceted ones. I began to regret passing on the 6.76 and thus, I started searching for it. I found it for sale online by searching for the specs. However, we were in the process of buying a second home (our dream home) and had to wait for that purchase to be done with. Once I got the go ahead from the hubby, I enlisted the help of 88 Star Jewels and purchased the stone from her. Grace of Jewels by Grace graciously allowed me to use her cutter to fix the slightly off center culet (something that only I could be bothered with ) and I was able to observe a master diamond cutter work his magic!

I am waffling between getting a very simple solitaire (ala Ring Concierge's antique signature setting) and getting a solitaire with a very fancy gallery from Mike of David Michael Jewels as he made my last ring and I utterly loved how delicate but sturdy the unique the design was. Even though I am a halo girl, these tiny fingers cannot handle a giant rock plus a halo with the lack of real estate. I'm flirting with a floral design again and a more celestial themed design since I have a lot of under gallery space due to the size of the diamond. image0 (3).jpeg

As I've traditionally named my big cushions, I'm at a loss as to what to call this stone- Moby (as it is my great white whale), BDE (Big diamond energy or.. Big D**K energy), ect ect... Open to suggestions!

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_7641 (1).jpg
    IMG_7641 (1).jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 423

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me this is simply "The One". Congratulations, thank you for sharing! ETA: or "E.T." for Elizabeth Taylor since this is giving me her level of vibes. Plus go Mike all the way. Having anything made by him is full bucket list for me so obviously my pull would be there for an ultimate piece.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I lol’d at the last line! Lol! I love the idea of Moby. It’s fun :).

But seriously that rock is STUNNING. Seriously no way to adequately describe how stunning! I think going with an intricate gallery is a superb idea. How lucky that it was for sale when you went looking for it!!!! How did that even happen?! Congrats on the stone and can’t see what you do with it.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
To me this is simply "The One". Congratulations, thank you for sharing! ETA: or "E.T." for Elizabeth Taylor since this is giving me her level of vibes. Plus go Mike all the way. Having anything made by him is full bucket list for me so obviously my pull would be there for an ultimate piece.

@Asscherhalo_lover thank you for your kind words! If only it was Elizabeth Taylor sized! Mike has graciously come up with a lot of design ideas but I’m trying to narrow it down to get more detailed sketches and idea of cost
I lol’d at the last line! Lol! I love the idea of Moby. It’s fun :).

But seriously that rock is STUNNING. Seriously no way to adequately describe how stunning! I think going with an intricate gallery is a superb idea. How lucky that it was for sale when you went looking for it!!!! How did that even happen?! Congrats on the stone and can’t see what you do with it.

@Mreader it actually disappeared off the market for 3 months after Anup sold it and I am a diamond stalker and used my FBI level skills to track it down ! It really is scary lol. I basically memorized all the inventory of the big antique diamond dealers! What’s funny is that many jewelers offered to sell it to me once I found it again for wayyyy over what Anup had offered to sell it to me for (anywhere from 45k to 72k above what he asked for).

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Funny enough, it was erroneously listed as an oval on Rare carat . The Gia cert is exactly the same lol.

The person who asked for the highest price is actually an IG seller IMG_1890.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpeg
    IMG_1891.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 133

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just a massive diamond!!!! Wow! And unbelieveable that it is an H.

I could definitely see some undercarriage metal work for the setting but nothing but prongs around the diamond - ha! Can't wait to see the finished ring. I think you need a true artisan to make a setting fit for the diamond!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond is glorious! Such a gorgeous facet pattern. Looking forward to see how you set this beauty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!♥️
Wear in good health and chunkalicious blingy joy!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Asscherhalo_lover thank you for your kind words! If only it was Elizabeth Taylor sized! Mike has graciously come up with a lot of design ideas but I’m trying to narrow it down to get more detailed sketches and idea of cost

@Mreader it actually disappeared off the market for 3 months after Anup sold it and I am a diamond stalker and used my FBI level skills to track it down ! It really is scary lol. I basically memorized all the inventory of the big antique diamond dealers! What’s funny is that many jewelers offered to sell it to me once I found it again for wayyyy over what Anup had offered to sell it to me for (anywhere from 45k to 72k above what he asked for).

Who is Anup? I’m not versed in the diamond world haha. Is that the person from 88 star? I wonder if anybody ever owned it privately or if it was all dealers who bought it originally from Grace. I’m glad that you had such good sleuthing skills! And that it found its way back to you. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is Anup? I’m not versed in the diamond world haha. Is that the person from 88 star? I wonder if anybody ever owned it privately or if it was all dealers who bought it originally from Grace. I’m glad that you had such good sleuthing skills! And that it found its way back to you. :)

Anup rocks. He has the most delicious diamonds

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a rare beauty! A honker like that deserves a regal name-what about the Empress or Queenie?

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@Resonance.Of.Life Congrats on a beautiful diamond! She was meant to be yours - especially with those FBI skills of yours.

Hahaha the name Moby is fantastic (if it's still in the running)! And the finger coverage... wow, what size are your fingers cos it looks like a 10-12+ carater on your hands!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I am gobsmacked! Love everything about this old mine cut—the facet pattern especially. The finger coverage is perfect! You wouldn’t want to go any bigger, and it does look like a 10 carat on you. Can’t wait to see how you mount her!

My DH named my biggest diamond ring Godzilla.

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Girl, that is definitely Elizabeth Taylor sized :lol: show us a *real* life perspective!!

For a name, perhaps J. Edgar Hoover after your FBI skills.

I am so happy to have had a small part in your journey to acquire such a legendary stone! I can't wait to see how you end up setting it.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
@Resonance.Of.Life Congrats on a beautiful diamond! She was meant to be yours - especially with those FBI skills of yours.

Hahaha the name Moby is fantastic (if it's still in the running)! And the finger coverage... wow, what size are your fingers cos it looks like a 10-12+ carater on your hands!

Haha I’m a 4.5 post baby I was a 3.75 when I first got engaged !

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
This stone is absolutely mesmerizing! Your FBI skills definitely paid off in tracking it back down! The name Moby is so fitting.

I really like the idea of it looking for simple from the top with a elaborate gallery esp since you have SO much space to play with!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning, how about Goliath? :mrgreen:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Anup is of Jogani Jewels on IG as Missy pointed out. He has a very large inventory of high colored antique diamonds and various colored stones ($$$$$$$). It was probably privately owned as the GIA cert was issued after Anup purchased it.

88 Star Jewels is newer seller, on IG- she was previously a Pricescoper! https://www.instagram.com/88starjewels/

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! What a honker!

Looking forward to seeing how you set it :kiss2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Anup rocks. He has the most delicious diamonds

Oh boy I’m gonna have lots of fun looking at this website :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Oh- I think I came up with the perfect name.. Amalthea! As in the human version of the unicorn in the Last Unicorn (one of my favorite movies!).

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm speechless at the beauty of your new diamond! It's truly mesmerizing.

Can't wait to see what setting you place her in.

So gorgeous!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
OMG this diamond is epic and congratulations! :kiss2: I can't wait to see what you have in mind for the final setting. I am just speechless right now, my brain can't even think of a name for her. Just gorgeous!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous stone. Can’t wait to see the final ring!

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Woah. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Can’t wait to see more pics. The be all and end all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results