shape
carat
color
clarity

The upgrade to end all upgrades...

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
YESSSSSSSS this is what the people have been waiting for!!!!

That rock is UNREAL. I cannot wait to see how you set it. And I can’t wait for some action shots/videos — there is one video of Isla dancing that is seared into my brain, I need a recreation of that please!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Resonance.Of.Life I just showed my dh your stunning stunning diamond and he said (and I quote) “wow that’s a beauty”

Truer words never spoken :)

♥️

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. Goodness.
That's a beautiful and chunkanormous rock. What a feeling it must be to have it finally after once passing her up! Congrats!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
YESSSSSSSS this is what the people have been waiting for!!!!

That rock is UNREAL. I cannot wait to see how you set it. And I can’t wait for some action shots/videos — there is one video of Isla dancing that is seared into my brain, I need a recreation of that please!!

IIRC I think I was at the movie theatre for that one. I;ve been to maybe TWO movies since 2018 lolol

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. OMG. You did it. Holy sh*t. :eek-2::eek-2::eek-2:o_O

Okay. I'm putting odds of you ending up with a halo at 99.97%. I'll leave 0.03% for leeway :lol:

I know how important faceting is to you... You literally searched the ends of the internet for #YourFaceting. You sound so thrilled with this stone, I'm super happy for you!! :love:

And the darling 88star helped find it!? That's a PS love story right there!! :bigsmile: :appl:

Congratulations!!! I hope you find more reasons to love your new stone every day :love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beyond amazing!! The holy grail! Congratulations!!!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
What can you even say about a diamond like this. The faceting is absolutely stunning. I would have been on pins and needles when the culet work was being done. It turned out perfect. Looking forward to seeing this in its final home!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
One vote for Moby. Then it can have a soundtrack of its own!!!!

I haven’t posted in almost a decade - but that’s how much I love your new baby!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, that is one hell of a diamond! Absolute gorgeousness personified. I can't wait to see how you end up setting it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Resonance.Of.Life ! Your mad sleuthing skills really paid off! That stone is out of this world! Cant wait
to see how you set her!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Just throwing it out there... maybe don't FedEx that bad boy anywhere.

I’ve never had a problem with FedEx (I've shipped internationally to and from Australia with my previous diamond FedEx) but with this diamond that is well over 6 figures- it is shipped via Malca Amit . Armed guards and armored trucks.

Last edited:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
:love:Wow wow wow!!! What a rock!!!
Maybe name it Dwayne.. as in the Rock Johnson?:lol:
So huge and gorgeous. Can't wait to see how you set it.

hahaha I actually really like that hahaha

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. OMG. You did it. Holy sh*t. :eek-2::eek-2::eek-2:o_O

Okay. I'm putting odds of you ending up with a halo at 99.97%. I'll leave 0.03% for leeway :lol:

I know how important faceting is to you... You literally searched the ends of the internet for #YourFaceting. You sound so thrilled with this stone, I'm super happy for you!! :love:

And the darling 88star helped find it!? That's a PS love story right there!! :bigsmile: :appl:

Congratulations!!! I hope you find more reasons to love your new stone every day :love:

lol you know me too well- but really lol what finger real estate do I have left? Not even room for a halo like the halo queen I am

Luckily for me spread is great like with Isla so I get 7 carat face up.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, it's spectacular @Resonance.Of.Life! A very rare and special diamond for sure, and I can't wait to see it set...Congratulations!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Waffling between a celestial theme and a floral theme.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Rock of the ages, that one!
I love the name you picked as TLU is a childhood favorite. I had to be talked out of using Amalthea as a name for future children when we were building our family. It wouldn't have melded well with my married name(womp womp).
*I still secretly regret it.:lol:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Rock of the ages, that one!
I love the name you picked as TLU is a childhood favorite. I had to be talked out of using Amalthea as a name for future children when we were building our family. It wouldn't have melded well with my married name(womp womp).
*I still secretly regret it.:lol:

lol Isla was on my list of girl names but we had a boy .

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I've been on the hunt for a bigger upgrade since 2020 when I sold Isla (3.02 GIA i si1 antique cushion 9.47mm X 8.83mm) but with the caveats that it would have to be a) an actual antique and b) be whiter than my last upgrade. Both of those conditions are really hard to fulfill since many of the bigger, whiter antique diamonds have been recut into modern cuts. I got a text from Grace of Jewels by Grace one day (March 2022) indicating that Anup (Jogani Jewels) had just sourced the perfect stone for me. I made my way to LA a few days later to see the stone in person as it was definitely a rare bird, a 6.76 carat GIA H Si1 antique cushion (12.25 mm X 11.49 mm). My first impressions were, "Holy cannoli that diamond is HUGE. And holy crap, that thing is white!" I took a few days to mull over it, and decided to ultimately pass on it as it was still a very expensive diamond and I was just shocked at sheer size on my tiny fingers. Needless to say, the diamond was sold very shortly after I passed on it due to the rarity of size and color.

I would peruse IG looking for any 5 carat + GIA H or higher antique cushions with very little success on any nicely faceted ones. I began to regret passing on the 6.76 and thus, I started searching for it. I found it for sale online by searching for the specs. However, we were in the process of buying a second home (our dream home) and had to wait for that purchase to be done with. Once I got the go ahead from the hubby, I enlisted the help of 88 Star Jewels and purchased the stone from her. Grace of Jewels by Grace graciously allowed me to use her cutter to fix the slightly off center culet (something that only I could be bothered with ) and I was able to observe a master diamond cutter work his magic!

I am waffling between getting a very simple solitaire (ala Ring Concierge's antique signature setting) and getting a solitaire with a very fancy gallery from Mike of David Michael Jewels as he made my last ring and I utterly loved how delicate but sturdy the unique the design was. Even though I am a halo girl, these tiny fingers cannot handle a giant rock plus a halo with the lack of real estate. I'm flirting with a floral design again and a more celestial themed design since I have a lot of under gallery space due to the size of the diamond. image0 (3).jpeg

As I've traditionally named my big cushions, I'm at a loss as to what to call this stone- Moby (as it is my great white whale), BDE (Big diamond energy or.. Big D**K energy), ect ect... Open to suggestions!

OH EM GEE!!!! That is one gorgeous and massive ROCK. Congrats!!! Wowowowowow!!! Can’t wait to see it set .

crashsle

Rough_Rock
What a boulder! I'm so glad you were able to track it back down, it was clearly meant to be yours. It's just beautiful.

Also Moby is the best name I've seen on Pricescope. I can't think of anything more fitting for a diamond like that! :lol:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the most spectacular cushions I've ever seen. :love: How fantastic that your sleuthing skills worked to find it again. Hope to hear more about the setting journey, and please share a million more pics! :love:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mesmerizing! I too can't wait to see how you set it. I bet you wanted to have it set, like...yesterday! As far as a name goes....I think it deserves something classy. Far too gorgeous to be called Moby or the other names! Lol!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
While you're waffling...

Perhaps...

A few more pics? I'm rather old, humor my tired eyes??

I live in Northern California- overcast for 90% of my days @_@ So I don't have great photos. :(

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I live in Northern California- overcast for 90% of my days @_@ So I don't have great photos. :(

I don't like the scintillating shots. Just a few more of that bad girl on a cloudy day...

Question. Is she... hefty? Like when you put her on, does your finger say "well hello there"?? I know it's not polite to talk about a girls weight...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results