shape
carat
color
clarity

The upgrade to end all upgrades...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. Congratulations on hunting it down. It’s the one that you got back.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Not gonna lie….I’m totally jealous =)2.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like the scintillating shots. Just a few more of that bad girl on a cloudy day...

Question. Is she... hefty? Like when you put her on, does your finger say "well hello there"?? I know it's not polite to talk about a girls weight...

Ok the weight not so much, but definitely the presence can be felt.

It really is a difficult to photograph the stone. It appears dark in photos but it's not that way at all in person. If you zoom in, you can see the darkness is the phone/phone case in the faceting! It's funny to see a reflection of my hand and phone in the facets! IMG_2106.jpeg
I don't like the scintillating shots. Just a few more of that bad girl on a cloudy day...

Question. Is she... hefty? Like when you put her on, does your finger say "well hello there"?? I know it's not polite to talk about a girls weight...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ok the weight not so much, but definitely the presence can be felt.

It really is a difficult to photograph the stone. It appears dark in photos but it's not that way at all in person. If you zoom in, you can see the darkness is the phone/phone case in the faceting! It's funny to see a reflection of my hand and phone in the facets! IMG_2106.jpeg

Thank you!!!
She's so beautiful... we're all happy for you :)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I have been following your journey since your original gorgeous Halo Cushion, I believe she was an O-P Color... Then the OEC, and so forth... they just keep getting more and more beautiful, ROL!! Have loved them ALL, but as a fellow Antique Cushion Halo Lover, this one, WOW! So happy for you!! I have been suffering from massive DSS and seeing this has made it much, much worse, lol!! ENJOY IT for all of drooling over here !

My next Stop is a bigger Antique Cushion Solitaire, so this is just GOALS.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! The dark looks like contrast, not black hole-ish.

It’s actually the reflection of my dark phone and dark hair . Zoom in and you can see my phone case lol

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
This stone is so pretty, but it really doesn’t photograph well.

I did my best with this video.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
This stone is so pretty, but it really doesn’t photograph well.

I did my best with this video.

I don't know how cuts work but maybe size + good cut = picking up a lot of background color??

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how cuts work but maybe size + good cut = picking up a lot of background color??

Yeah, bigger facets act like mirrors- so you get a lot of whaTever is in front of the stone in the faceting. It's really a delightfully white white white stone and I was surprised it wasn't graded as a G.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, bigger facets act like mirrors- so you get a lot of whaTever is in front of the stone in the faceting. It's really a delightfully white white white stone and I was surprised it wasn't graded as a G.

Good to know!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Ya'll it's rude to ask for exactly how much I paid for my diamond. And weird that you would think a vendor would release information like that about a client when it was sourced for me and not listed as stock on her website.

You can get an idea of what I paid for a diamond by looking at comparables... and I even posted a screenshot of what rare carat was asking for it...

A whole carat smaller than mine but with the same specs of GIA H Si1

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ya'll it's rude to ask for exactly how much I paid for my diamond. And weird that you would think a vendor would release information like that about a client when it was sourced for me and not listed as stock on her website.

You can get an idea of what I paid for a diamond by looking at comparables... and I even posted a screenshot of what rare carat was asking for it...

A whole carat smaller than mine but with the same specs of GIA H Si1

Someone asked your vendor and you what you paid??!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah rude (entitled rude or ignorant rude?) or they think they have a close relationship with your vendor. Well, closer than your relationship.

Hope it doesn’t spoil your happy too much.

your stone is something special gorgeous ( :love: ) and what you’ve said about the setting so far is so intriguing. Hope you’ll share the journey or at least the results. But as things go around here - understand if you don’t.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Someone asked your vendor and you what you paid??!!!

Yes, a PSer messaged her. This is not the first time I’ve experienced this either. I don’t understand why people think they are entitled to that information if it wasn’t a listed stock item.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah rude (entitled rude or ignorant rude?) or they think they have a close relationship with your vendor. Well, closer than your relationship.

Hope it doesn’t spoil your happy too much.

your stone is something special gorgeous ( :love: ) and what you’ve said about the setting so far is so intriguing. Hope you’ll share the journey or at least the results. But as things go around here - understand if you don’t.

I think entitled rude. I notice people ask about it more so when selling but then again market value is different at different times, no ? Akin to selling a house- regardless of what I paid for my house I’m not selling it for what I bought it for if it’s worth more.

Mike posted one of the possibilities on his Instagram yesterday!

Attachments

• IMG_1960.jpeg
    IMG_1960.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 114

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think entitled rude. I notice people ask about it more so when selling but then again market value is different at different times, no ? Akin to selling a house- regardless of what I paid for my house I’m not selling it for what I bought it for if it’s worth more.

OMG OMG OMG so in love

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cabochon in the gallery !?!? and fancy cut at that!
:swoon:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
That design is stunning! Is he at https://www.instagram.com/davidmichaeljewels/? I couldn't find this photo there.

This photo is a separate photo he took for me not exactly the same photo as what he had posted on his Instagram. But yes, that’s his account. Everything is hand forged and often posts videos or Instagram live sessions of him working on pieces .

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
That will be wearing a piece of art, both for the setting, and the stone!

Out of curiosity, is it a wee bit of artistic license for the bottom of the band to be "pointy"? Or will it indeed have a small point? Just wondering how that might work for digging into things or rubbing? It does look groovy, though! :razz:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

Omg I love this!! It’s so organic, feminine and delicate.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
That will be wearing a piece of art, both for the setting, and the stone!

Out of curiosity, is it a wee bit of artistic license for the bottom of the band to be "pointy"? Or will it indeed have a small point? Just wondering how that might work for digging into things or rubbing? It does look groovy, though! :razz:

lol I think it's mostly just for shits and giggles- it's not a final setting in any way shape or form. He's sketching out more detailed ideas- he's going to take my comments about what I don't like and see if we can make a design more tailored to my tastes. Like with anything, you have to trust your designer/jeweler .

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
This is laughable, the offending party is outraged that I was told about them, a person who essentially wanted to pry into a business transaction they were not a party to. They are literally aghast about the "lack of privacy." :lol:

Buttttt this person had no qualms about trying to get information on a large transaction and sees no problem with privacy about that? GOOD GRIEF.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Honestly this thread is so cringe. There are so many fabulous jewels on PS, some of which I know cost a fortune. Items that if I do quick mental math, are well beyond what I could ever hope to afford. Threads where the OP comes in with six figure budgets in a way that is matter of fact and boy do we chomp at the bit to help window shop because the lavishness is half the fun! I relish the chance to look at these precious jewels! It’s a privilege and I am humbled. And what a delight to see things on the other end of the spectrum, too.

Price transparency is also a great element of this forum too, but OP, I don’t know you at all…but you did everything but show us a receipt. From mentioning that FedEx is simply ~ beneath ~ your jewel, that you require an armored vehicle, to a screenshot of the price of your diamond on a competitor website…multiple insinuations of jUsT hOw mUcH u sP3nT. We got it. Message HEARD. You made it abundantly clear that your rock was EXPENSIVE with an air of superiority I’ve never seen on this forum and hope to never see again. Beautiful diamond, but wow. Maybe you didn’t intend to come off the way I’m perceiving it but… I’m frankly quite shocked

To whoever reached out to the vendor…can you honestly blame them? I sure as heck don’t.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I am going to add that your diamond is exceptionally rare and special and I’d be shouting it from the rooftops too. It’s a knockout and you clearly spent so much time and effort hunting this honker down. You should be thrilled and I’m thrilled for you.

It’s the manner of discussion around $$$ that really just came off all wrong

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results