shape
carat
color
clarity

The upgrade to end all upgrades...

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone here go from a super fancy setting to a solitaire and regret it?

I’m loving the big diamond look (faces up like a 9 carat) but I still feel like I might get bored with a solitaire?

IMG_5297.jpeg

I just did this so i will let you know when it comes... LOL. My though was, i can always go back to another setting when I get sick of it. I change my mind often.. LOL

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Personally I love having different bands to wear with my solitaire to mix up the look :)

To answer op’s question, no, because I don’t like fancy settings. But agree with the advice about bands. I have built a band collection with different metals and colors and levels of bling.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Define ‘fancy’. Your stone’s proportions on your hand is already eye catching. Your temp setting is already perfect for your stone imo, more is just more.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I just did this so i will let you know when it comes... LOL. My though was, i can always go back to another setting when I get sick of it. I change my mind often.. LOL

Oo deets on your previous setting? What made you change?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Define ‘fancy’. Your stone’s proportions on your hand is already eye catching. Your temp setting is already perfect for your stone imo, more is just more.

Fancy gallery or something intricate but not a halo. I’ve always had a slim band on the ring itself and I have a medley of wedding bands to change up the look. There’s a few ideas I’m throwing around still including being able to convert my ring from two designs.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, sound interesting ROL. I know you’ve been a halo girl in the past so I wasn’t sure what you’re envisioning.
Are you considering a bit of a wider band in your designs with some embellishments?

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As everyone on PS probably knows.....I have changed settings SO MANY TIMES....halos, toi et moi, simple solitaires, bezels.....with many different designers. I have also changed diamonds. I think I finally found my sweet spot with my Arielle. (CVB_ID Olivia). I do switch up bands and that is a lot of fun.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Umm, sound interesting ROL. I know you’ve been a halo girl in the past so I wasn’t sure what you’re envisioning.
Are you considering a bit of a wider band in your designs with some embellishments?

Oh no, it would be an intricate gallery - or a tucked “halo” part of a floral design that doesn’t add bulk visually, or a celestial design ... I don't really have the finger real estate to have bulk with how big this stone is.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no doubt what you’re envisioning will be beautiful ROL!
I hope you’ll share the finished ring with us when the time comes. In the meantime, I hope you continue to share more pictures of her in her current dress too, stunning!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I have no doubt what you’re envisioning will be beautiful ROL!
I hope you’ll share the finished ring with us when the time comes. In the meantime, I hope you continue to share more pictures of her in her current dress too, stunning

I also am playing with the idea of just a simple bezel? *Shrug* I like the big ring pop look as the band is so thin. How is it THIS hard to decide on a setting? -_- Most likely because I'm a halo girl through and through and I simply cannot halo this sucker.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I also am playing with the idea of just a simple bezel? *Shrug* I like the big ring pop look as the band is so thin. How is it THIS hard to decide on a setting? -_- Most likely because I'm a halo girl through and through and I simply cannot halo this sucker.

Halo it. It’s what you like. Middle finger? Or say screw it and halo it and leave it on your ring finger. You could always try a semi bezel with some engraving.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Halo it. It’s what you like. Middle finger? Or say screw it and halo it and leave it on your ring finger. You could always try a semi bezel with some engraving.

lol It will monstrous and like some ridiculous fake cocktail ring . Which isn’t for me. It really faces up like a 9 carat and probably looks even bigger due to my finger size. Amalthea vs Isla on the comparisons

IMG_5474.png

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_5475.png IMG_5476.jpeg IMG_5477.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean, it’s already very large. I’m not sure an extra 2mm diameter will break the look so to speak. Even a metal bezel will need to be very substantial to be structurally sound (see @sweetpea&babycorn recent resent saga).

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I mean, it’s already very large. I’m not sure an extra 2mm diameter will break the look so to speak. Even a metal bezel will need to be very substantial to be structurally sound (see @sweetpea&babycorn recent resent saga).

I mean, that would be around 2.2mm on each side (IIRC that's what it was with my previous halo) so like 16 X 15 ish? I was thinking about a tucked floral halo design.. more for the floral aspect than giving it a bigger look. But still unsure. So I've been putzing around with this temp setting.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I’m insanely curious and hope you’ll indulge. How many mm is the shank?

It’s beautiful even only as a temp!
Have always loved that antique inspo design :love:

Oops I somehow missed this. The shank is 1.9mm according to the CADs

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Also- did anyone see how insanely expensive gold is right now? @_@

I'm still waffling- maybe it's because I haven't seen a design that I've been 100% in love with?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, wish we knew her history. If that diamond could talk...

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results