color
clarity

The two week club!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 18k yellow gold cushion “Bee” ring is due before noon tomorrow along with my solitaire bangle. He also resized three rings for me. My face will be plastered on the window waiting for the UPS truck!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 18k yellow gold cushion “Bee” ring is due before noon tomorrow along with my solitaire bangle. He also resized three rings for me. My face will be plastered on the window waiting for the UPS truck!

Okay..lnsomnia makes me not know what day it is when it’s the middle of the night..They’re coming today by noon..not tomorrow! :appl:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
704B1A0D-FB11-49C4-B5F3-72CC6AF1B121.png

I purchased this. I originally posted it in the someone has to buy this eternity band thread but then I was like, wait I want it.

I originally passed cause I don’t really care to mix metals and ALL my jewelry is yellow gold. Think the rhodium plating can be removed so it’s less white and shiny?

I recall someone saying they used a sunshine cloth to remove rhodium plating, though I can’t remember who. If you really want to do it it may be worth a shot. FWIW, it is gorgeous!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I recall someone saying they used a sunshine cloth to remove rhodium plating, though I can’t remember who. If you really want to do it it may be worth a shot. FWIW, it is gorgeous!

It looks harmless enough… no way that could cause any damage to the ring, right?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
It looks harmless enough… no way that could cause any damage to the ring, right?

I honestly do not know. A million years ago when we bought our Trinity rings and mine got very scratched (you know, as they do), the SA recommended a sunshine cloth. It worked great in the Trinity ring situation, but that is unplated white gold.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I honestly do not know. A million years ago when we bought our Trinity rings and mine got very scratched (you know, as they do), the SA recommended a sunshine cloth. It worked great in the Trinity ring situation, but that is unplated white gold.

Hmmm… I might sit on it a bit. Toward the end of the day when my fingers a little swollen, I had issues getting it off so it may need to be completely remade anyway.

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
So! Cousin was walking past the jeweller yesterday & popped in to see them (they are old friends hence I’m getting a cracking deal). They told him my ring will be ready tomorrow or Monday. I’m WFH tomorrow so hopefully I’ll be picking her up on Monday! So. Frickin. Excited.

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
Just got THE CALL. She’s ready! Unfortunately I’m stuck WFH as my son is ill with chicken pox. Will pick it up Monday at lunchtime. I’m also have a plain band made to go with it which isn’t ready yet. They asked if I wanted to wait to collect both together & I think I snorted with laughter :lol:

One of my concerns (Now bear with me because I’m based in the U.K.) is that the diamond will look disproportionately big on a size 2.5 ring but the jeweller said it looks really good. Wish I could wrangle picking up earlier but my son is just too poorly.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snake earrings with emerald eyes! I know, doesn’t sound like the most normal thing but I’m so excited to see them.

I’m intrigued! Will look forward to seeing them.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
So…I bought a ring from Ivy and Rose on a semi-whim on Friday. I was intending to just use the diamond and resell the setting. And I half expected that I’d change my mind and return it once I saw it in person. But they just posted an instagram post about the ring and I’m all :kiss2: and maybe I don’t do anything and keep as is?

Thank you for letting me confess my impulses and new excitement about seeing this baby! :mrgreen2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So…I bought a ring from Ivy and Rose on a semi-whim on Friday. I was intending to just use the diamond and resell the setting. And I half expected that I’d change my mind and return it once I saw it in person. But they just posted an instagram post about the ring and I’m all :kiss2: and maybe I don’t do anything and keep as is?

Thank you for letting me confess my impulses and new excitement about seeing this baby! :mrgreen2:

I think it's really pretty! I think I would keep it as is - please post pics when you get it!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
704B1A0D-FB11-49C4-B5F3-72CC6AF1B121.png

I purchased this. I originally posted it in the someone has to buy this eternity band thread but then I was like, wait I want it.

I originally passed cause I don’t really care to mix metals and ALL my jewelry is yellow gold. Think the rhodium plating can be removed so it’s less white and shiny?

@winnietucker what thread is that? I know that somebody’s got to buy the piece thread but I don’t know about the eternity thread. Would love to look at it because a French cut eternity is also on my wish list and it would be fun to see the thread.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@winnietucker what thread is that? I know that somebody’s got to buy the piece thread but I don’t know about the eternity thread. Would love to look at it because a French cut eternity is also on my wish list and it would be fun to see the thread.

I posted it and deleted it cause I decided I actually wanted to buy it. It was an impulse purchase… like many of the things I buy. It wasn’t the right color gold but the size was close enough to what I need (6.5 and I need a 7) and the thickness was right. But I’ll have to have the band rebuilt to wear it, which I don’t want to do so I included it in my most recent purge and it’ll be off to a lovely PS-er shortly.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, here is the eternity thread:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Sorry @Mreader… I reread your comment and I could have linked that too. My brain is jello today.

I’m upgrading my engagement ring & I was told on Friday 1st July that it’ll be “2 - 3 weeks”. Yesterday was 2 weeks so now I’m just sitting here constantly refreshing my emails & checking my phone works :lol:

Fyi, I have a bracelet that is supposed to be sent out for resizing today. Estimated completion time is 3 weeks. Guess what I'll be doing in another week or so?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Including seller pic as I wasn’t able to take good pics of them

The little tails peekaboos around the earlobe and you can see the tip of the tails just at the bottom of the lobe. So cute.

59F80234-4C78-4473-899E-18386F3090FB.jpeg BDD997E3-37A6-4675-8683-E9A98DAF5E5E.jpeg

So clever! Real conversation pieces and at least the snake doesn't look mean! Lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results