shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'm very curious: what kind of items did you take in, and what two items are you walking out with?
Old diamonds, semiprecious stones, and pearls set in earrings, rings, and necklaces I never wear. Turning them into one necklace and one ring.

I like variety and prefer small stones so my collection consists of a zillion solitaires. But I don’t have enough fingers to wear them all, plus I have clear favorites. At first I tried setting more rings in middle-finger size but even with two ring fingers and two middle fingers there are stones that hardly ever see sunshine. We are talking small topazes, tourmalines, and some lab-created colored stones, so they would not bring as much money if I sold them as they would bring enjoyment from wearing them. Plus quite a few are sentimental.

Here is a decluttereset from last year. The stones are not high quality but they are mostly from my grandma and my mom.

A941DA0F-67CF-4A37-9CD4-83ED45C6CE1B.jpeg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Old diamonds, semiprecious stones, and pearls set in earrings, rings, and necklaces I never wear. Turning them into one necklace and one ring.

I like variety and prefer small stones so my collection consists of a zillion solitaires. But I don’t have enough fingers to wear them all, plus I have clear favorites. At first I tried setting more rings in middle-finger size but even with two ring fingers and two middle fingers there are stones that hardly ever see sunshine. We are talking small topazes, tourmalines, and some lab-created colored stones, so they would not bring as much money if I sold them as they would bring enjoyment from wearing them. Plus quite a few are sentimental.

Here is a decluttereset from last year. The stones are not high quality but they are mostly from my grandma and my mom.

A941DA0F-67CF-4A37-9CD4-83ED45C6CE1B.jpeg

Well, I just love this, so I can't wait to see the two new pieces! How lucky you are to have so many sentimental stones, in large enough quantity, to make such a lovely pendant.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just love this, so I can't wait to see the two new pieces! How lucky you are to have so many sentimental stones, in large enough quantity, to make such a lovely pendant.

Thanks, it was a heart shaped ruby pendant from grandma, a heart shaped amethyst pendant from mom, and a flower shaped peridot ring from a flea market. Everything was set in silver, and the rubies are awesome just because they are grandma’s. :) So all three pieces would not have added up to much $$$. The sphene in the middle I bought myself.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Ok, my first decluttereset project could be done in three weeks.

I have more declutteresets to design. The estimate for the second one came back kind of pricey so I am going to re-design and see if I can use up more stones for the price.

Also I am waiting on a new ring that might be here in two weeks.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like I’m in the endless wait club. Is anyone else waiting on things from DK? I was expecting to see photos last Tuesday, then it changed to this Tuesday, still nothing... trying to keep it together over here!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
It arrived! BCAC5AE8-F652-4DBD-9E18-DA88DBF17D0D.jpeg

I bet they are disco balls in person! Those size diamonds give you perfect finger coverage too.

Do you mind me asking what your ring size is? I'd love to have something like this made.

Reactions: CMN

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I’m in the endless wait club. Is anyone else waiting on things from DK? I was expecting to see photos last Tuesday, then it changed to this Tuesday, still nothing... trying to keep it together over here!

Not DK but I did experience a shipping delay pre-setting in a project with another vendor. If one thing is going to arrive later than the other, then jobs might be done out of order. Will think speedy thoughts on your behalf.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Not DK but I did experience a shipping delay pre-setting in a project with another vendor. If one thing is going to arrive later than the other, then jobs might be done out of order. Will think speedy thoughts on your behalf.

Thanks, I got the photos late last night. There are some small things on my new soli I’m not sure I’m going to be ok with, but maybe they’ll be not noticeable in person. I hate to prolong this with a redo, but of course I’d prefer to have everything I wanted and requested. This process has been so long (or at least much longer than I’ve been accustomed to from previous jobs). I’m kind of numb about it but other times feeling sad, annoyed, disappointed. I had a band with a couple issues that I had purchased in early March that needed to be redone, so I returned that and at the same time I sent in my solitaire for a reset to a slightly different solitaire design. This was at the end of March so right at 8 weeks now I’ve been without my e ring and I miss it. If I have my changes to the new solitaire done it’ll probably be 2 more weeks. Adding insult to injury there are also a couple surprises on the invoice, two charges I wasn’t expecting, and apparently since there’s a metal credit my old solitaire may have been melted already though we never discussed doing that, I was expecting to get it back but I never made that clear. Ugh sorry trying to sort through my thoughts on all this since late last night and I probably shouldn’t be griping here without getting a response yet, but if anyone has any helpful suggestions, feel free to share!

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I got the photos late last night. There are some small things on my new soli I’m not sure I’m going to be ok with, but maybe they’ll be not noticeable in person. I hate to prolong this with a redo, but of course I’d prefer to have everything I wanted and requested. This process has been so long (or at least much longer than I’ve been accustomed to from previous jobs). I’m kind of numb about it but other times feeling sad, annoyed, disappointed. I had a band with a couple issues that I had purchased in early March that needed to be redone, so I returned that and at the same time I sent in my solitaire for a reset to a slightly different solitaire design. This was at the end of March so right at 8 weeks now I’ve been without my e ring and I miss it. If I have my changes to the new solitaire done it’ll probably be 2 more weeks. Adding insult to injury there are also a couple surprises on the invoice, two charges I wasn’t expecting, and apparently since there’s a metal credit my old solitaire may have been melted already though we never discussed doing that, I was expecting to get it back but I never made that clear. Ugh sorry trying to sort through my thoughts on all this since late last night and I probably shouldn’t be griping here without getting a response yet, but if anyone has any helpful suggestions, feel free to share!

I can relate to this and have been in similar situations many times with various resets. I know being without your ring and waiting longer really sucks, but I think you want to make sure it's more or less perfect before he ships it to you. If it's not perfect you'll have to send it back regardless...and that's another headache on it's own + more wait time. Don't settle, it'll drive you crazy longterm.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I can relate to this and have been in similar situations many times with various resets. I know being without your ring and waiting longer really sucks, but I think you want to make sure it's more or less perfect before he ships it to you. If it's not perfect you'll have to send it back regardless...and that's another headache on it's own + more wait time. Don't settle, it'll drive you crazy longterm.

You are right, thank you so much

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
You are right, thank you so much

That weird about the metal credit; he usually asks. I would ask just to make sure especially since it might not be scrapped yet.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
This is my new solitaire reset that was just completed. I think it’s gorgeous!! One of the 2-3 tiny things I’m hesitating on is that I wanted the taper from widest at the shoulder to be noticeable, and it looks pretty nonexistent from what I can tell, like almost the same width all around... but I’m thinking of letting go of my need for the taper, and I’ll probably still love it? I mentioned to DK and he thinks I should see it in person before adjusting. I don’t want to be a crazy nitpick for nothing… but it was one of my top requests as it was a favorite feature from my previous setting
68711E6A-E909-4E32-A22D-C3E2AA35D746.jpeg 322CE921-DEE8-40F9-AF99-C8EC47012DED.jpeg

This is my new solitaire reset that was just completed. I think it’s gorgeous!! One of the 2-3 tiny things I’m hesitating on is that I wanted the taper from widest at the shoulder to be noticeable, and it looks pretty nonexistent from what I can tell, like almost the same width all around... but I’m thinking of letting go of my need for the taper, and I’ll probably still love it? I mentioned to DK and he thinks I should see it in person before adjusting. I don’t want to be a crazy nitpick for nothing… but it was one of my top requests as it was a favorite feature from my previous setting
68711E6A-E909-4E32-A22D-C3E2AA35D746.jpeg 322CE921-DEE8-40F9-AF99-C8EC47012DED.jpeg

I'd ask for a straight on view and see if it's noticeable enough for you there. I'm not really noticing a taper until it gets the the bottom half of the shank :(2

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just heard back, it hasn’t been scrapped yet, yay!

That's a relief! Would you be able to share what the unexpected charges were? Did that get resolved?

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
That's a relief! Would you be able to share what the unexpected charges were? Did that get resolved?
Yes, everything was resolved there. The band I was having remade had a charge I wasn’t expecting, it was more than fair, I just wasn’t aware of it until the invoice so it was a surprise to me. There was some kind of confusion with the solitaire setting, it was a higher price on the invoice and he fixed it.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Although I don't get "new" things as often as many Pricescopers, I'm back in the 2 Week Club. This will be my 3rd DKJ bezel ring. The new ring is a platinum anniversary band set with 14 (1.49ct) of H&A VS1 D 3mm Diamonds. Because of future sizing concerns, I opted to not do a full anniversary band, but instead have an engraved sizing band at the back.

It should get here just in time for our anniversary this year. Hurray!!!

The photos are clips from the videos that David sent. This ring has been a year in planning. I now can hardly wait for it to arrive. Since its arrival should be just a day or two before our anniversary, maybe I shouldn't open the package when it gets here, but instead, wait until our actual anniversary to let my husband to give it to me at dinner.

I'm going to have to think about that. Waiting even an extra day or two will be hard. Now that it's real, I'm getting excited.
PlatinumDiamondAnniversayBand#1b.jpg PlatinumDiamondAnniversayBand#2.jpg PlatinumDiamondAnniversayBand#3.jpg PlatinumDiamondAnniversayBand#4.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I don't get "new" things as often as many Pricescopers, I'm back in the 2 Week Club. This will be my 3rd DKJ bezel ring. The new ring is a platinum anniversary band set with 14 (1.49ct) of H&A VS1 D 3mm Diamonds. Because of future sizing concerns, I opted to not do a full anniversary band, but instead have an engraved sizing band at the back.

It should get here just in time for our anniversary this year. Hurray!!!

The photos are clips from the videos that David sent. This ring has been a year in planning. I now can hardly wait for it to arrive. Since its arrival should be just a day or two before our anniversary, maybe I shouldn't open the package when it gets here, but instead, wait until our actual anniversary to let my husband to give it to me at dinner.

I'm going to have to think about that. Waiting even an extra day or two will be hard. Now that it's real, I'm getting excited.
PlatinumDiamondAnniversayBand#1b.jpg PlatinumDiamondAnniversayBand#2.jpg PlatinumDiamondAnniversayBand#3.jpg PlatinumDiamondAnniversayBand#4.jpg

It's gorgeous! So excited for you, come back with hand shots...and Happy Anniversary!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous! So excited for you, come back with hand shots...and Happy Anniversary!

Thank you!!! I can hardly wait for it to get here and then for our anniversary to finally see it on my hand.

Fingers crossed that everything is "perfect" in real life. I saw some problems in the original "finished" photos. So, I let DK work his magic to correct them before he sent the ring out. For a while, I didn't think I'd receive my new anniversary band before our anniversary, but I will. Hurray!!! I'm now excited.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I’m four weeks in to a three week decluttereset project. :sleep: Probably another there weeks to go. Why don’t jewelers just overestimate the time for a project?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results