shape
carat
color
clarity

The Real Women of Pricescope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

agirlcalledchuck

Rough_Rock
okay, here we go.

me: 27, full time nursing student who also works almost 40 hrs a week in an animal hospital
him: 29, air force meterologist/student who is currently deployed for the next five months....

....i dont really feel a need to discuss our salaries and our debt is very, very minimal....

we are getting married next june....

to be perfectly honest, the size of my diamond has never mattered that much to me - the center stone in my engagement ring is a 2 carat oval, and of course i adore it, but not because of its size - the stone belonged to my grandmother who passed away a few months before my fiance proposed - she and i were extremely close, and when my fiance asked my parents for my hand in marriage, they offered it to him to have reset for me, which he did (he had already selected a different ring entirely, but knew how much this would mean to me) in an amazing tacori 2620 setting. having this little piece of my grandmother with me every single day is worth more than all the diamonds on earth...

i lurk here more than i talk, but think the thing i see here from time to time that frustrates me is that people lose sight of what being engaged (and the symbolism of the ring) is all about - if the size or price is more important to you than the sentiment behind it, then you''ve got a completely skewed view of what reality is, in my opinion - and i''m sure someone out there reading this would say "oh, thats easy for someone with a 2 carat diamond to say," but im being as honest as i can when i say there could have been no diamond at all, and i''d still be just as happy as i am this second.... while the 4 c''s are very important, the thing most important than your carat, clarity, color or cut is the love that got the ring on your finger in the first place......that''s just my two cents!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 12:25:28 AM
Author: agirlcalledchuck
okay, here we go.

me: 27, full time nursing student who also works almost 40 hrs a week in an animal hospital
him: 29, air force meterologist/student who is currently deployed for the next five months....

....i dont really feel a need to discuss our salaries and our debt is very, very minimal....

we are getting married next june....

to be perfectly honest, the size of my diamond has never mattered that much to me - the center stone in my engagement ring is a 2 carat oval, and of course i adore it, but not because of its size - the stone belonged to my grandmother who passed away a few months before my fiance proposed - she and i were extremely close, and when my fiance asked my parents for my hand in marriage, they offered it to him to have reset for me, which he did (he had already selected a different ring entirely, but knew how much this would mean to me) in an amazing tacori 2620 setting. having this little piece of my grandmother with me every single day is worth more than all the diamonds on earth...

i lurk here more than i talk, but think the thing i see here from time to time that frustrates me is that people lose sight of what being engaged (and the symbolism of the ring) is all about - if the size or price is more important to you than the sentiment behind it, then you''ve got a completely skewed view of what reality is, in my opinion - and i''m sure someone out there reading this would say ''oh, thats easy for someone with a 2 carat diamond to say,'' but im being as honest as i can when i say there could have been no diamond at all, and i''d still be just as happy as i am this second.... while the 4 c''s are very important, the thing most important than your carat, clarity, color or cut is the love that got the ring on your finger in the first place......that''s just my two cents!
agreed!!! There should be one more C in my opinion: compassion!! To me it wasn''t the size of the rock, but the size of the heart in the person giving it to me!!

how sweet of your FI to get a different ring with the diamond that was gifted from your parents! It''s the meaning that goes behind it that is so wonderful! For us, I picked a sapphire because the color (my fav!) and the history behind it. He picked the Vatche Swan because of the mythology of swans and that they mate for life! It''s a team effort for us, and that''s what I think a relationship is all about, working together to build a wonderful, happy life.

faina00

Rough_Rock
Me: Turning 34 very soon (My b-day ring is on this site as well:)
Worked in traffic dept for tv station for several years, quit couple years ago, I am heading to law school next year

Him: 39, internal medicine physician as well as medical director

No debt except for his medical school loans that are well under control.
Mortgage, private school for daughter, vacations, shopping, we do spend money, but I always search for the best deal out there before making a purchase. Hubby is always so proud of me for my smart purchases, so it works well. EX: He wanted a new car, so I found and negotiated a brand new 52K car for 39K for him from the dealer. I''m Ukrainian, its in my blood, as a child we bargained for everything at the markets in the Ukraine. People don''t realize but it can be done here as well. We were in a high end furniture store last weekend. There were 2 tables for 12K, on sale for 7K, I offered them 5K, they jumped on it and were very happy to accommodate. They have been emailing all week to see if I need anything else :)

LOVE jewelry but I know its still just a thing, a possession. But regardless, I love it. Hubby loves and collects art, diamonds and jewelry are my art!

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
Coming from the streets (literally) since I was young... no dad, mom real sick w/ aids that eventully took her I have never wanted nor asked for anything really. Just love from what is left of my family, and now my husband. Material things mean nothing when there is so much sick and hurt out there.

I wish for everyone who is sick and is battling to come out of it strong and know you are loved by someone.

Me: 32, Government worker, great job that is supportive of my horse "hobby" New car loan, 3K in debt on a cc. Horses that always need something so I consider them daily debt
25.gif
other then the every day misc. bills (phone cable etc) I am clear.

Him: 39, Biologist, makes 4X the amount that I do. No debt ever.

US: Own a house with land out right, no mortage. My Ering is total of 2.04 princess center, round sides in milgrain high setting, D color in white gold & platnium. Band is bit less then 3.0 antique setting in white gold. He is able to afford whatever he want. I - not so much. He is VERY practical on the verge of "good cheap"...
All what he can afford aside, coming from where I've been now just knowing I married the man of my lifetime is enough to fulfill me... no ring needed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results