shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Wow, megumic, I definitely see that line!

Congrats girl!!! :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Meg, congrats! So happy for you. Slightly bummed that we won't be preggo twins again...but I suppose that's my fault for not actually trying last month :) Can we pretty please see an FRER?

Dragonfly- It's really hard to say if it means anything. Sometimes cycles are just weird. The only way to know is to test.

Well, DH and I had a talk last night. I asked him what the plan was for this month. He said he figured I would make a plan and inform him of it. Ha. So I did :) As of right now, we are going to not prevent this cycle, but not actually try until next cycle. So I think it will come down to how much adult time we can manage over the next couple of weeks. I have maybe 10 opks left from last cycle which I may or may not use. I probably won't temp. I have one FRER and I'm debating whether or not to take it on the cruise. If I do, I'll give it to DH with instructions to not let me use it before the last day or so. If I don't, I can see myself trying to buy one in a Mexican pharmacy which could make for a good story. But really, if I don't get AF by about the middle of the cruise I'll pretty much know anyway. If I don't get pregnant this cycle then we will actually try next cycle.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

So on lunch break I do this. Please feel free to tell me that I'm insane. I can't decide if I see something or not. This is a cheapie CVS. I very well may just be insane and that is fine, but if anyone has tricks of looking to know for sure, let me know. I'm thinking it's a BFN. When I zoom it, it looks like some pixelated jumble of colors. Meh.

20131024_124123_0.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

dragonfly411|1382634652|3543777 said:
So on lunch break I do this. Please feel free to tell me that I'm insane. I can't decide if I see something or not. This is a cheapie CVS. I very well may just be insane and that is fine, but if anyone has tricks of looking to know for sure, let me know. I'm thinking it's a BFN. When I zoom it, it looks like some pixelated jumble of colors. Meh.

20131024_124123_0.jpg

I sorta kinda see something, but I also don't trust blue dye tests...at all. The problem with them is that evaps/indents are grayish which is really close to blue so you can't tell a different. With a pink dye you can at least (usually) tell if the line has color to it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1382635023|3543781 said:
dragonfly411|1382634652|3543777 said:

20131024_124123_0.jpg

I sorta kinda see something, but I also don't trust blue dye tests...at all. The problem with them is that evaps/indents are grayish which is really close to blue so you can't tell a different. With a pink dye you can at least (usually) tell if the line has color to it.

Good to know, back to the store I suppose :razz: I want to at least have some on hand for later. Hadn't heard about blue dye, but that's good to know.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Personally, I see a line, but I think you probably need to take a test in the morning, with FMU, that way it will be more concentrated, and you can get a more definitive answer. But for now, a very quiet congrats! :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Assuming it's a real line, I think if you get a FRER a line would show. DO IT. (No pressure) :)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

I think I see something! Re: thermometers, I think the one I got was like 10 bucks at the pharmacy? So it doesn't have to be very expensive.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I just got my answer. :nono: :nono: I think we should get to just skip the AF part. I mean really, is it necessary? lol!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Meg!!! Sticky dust to you.

AMC, so funny that your DH was leaving it up to you to make a plan. At least he's OK with going along with your plan.

AFM, I think DH is pretty romantic re: our anniversary since we've been having a good amount of BDing in this week. Hooray. Hoping for another session tonight and we'll hopefully have our bases as covered as possible.

Dragon, sorry about AF. Agree with anchor, the thermometers are pretty cheap, I just find it hard to remember to enter my time because my son LOVES my thermometer so I always have to hide it, and hten I forget to enter it.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Dragon, boo! So sorry. I totally missed your post about thermometers- yes, super cheap, under $10. But a warning, charts are addicting.

LC- Yeah, well, I figure whether or not I'm pregnant on the cruise doesn't really impact him at all. Must be nice to be a guy.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1382644230|3543888 said:
Dragon, boo! So sorry. I totally missed your post about thermometers- yes, super cheap, under $10. But a warning, charts are addicting.

LC- Yeah, well, I figure whether or not I'm pregnant on the cruise doesn't really impact him at all. Must be nice to be a guy.

Another worry LOL! We'll see, I might stop by and grab one. In the meantime, I'm having something cheesy for dinner. :snore:

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks everyone! We are still kinda in shock over here and letting it digest. And since I've had a previous mc, we are cautiously optimistic. It's easy to be worried about worst case scenarios, but at the same time I realize there is absolutely nothing I can do if I am going to mc.

Dragon, sorry ab AF.

Amc, I was hoping we'd be twins again too, but who knows, you could be up next cycle despite your NTNP thoughts and we'd only be a few weeks a part! I think your cruise plan is perfect and bet that being nice and relaxed on vacay may do the trick! I unfortunately don't hvae an FRER on hand (I know! I'm a bad POAS'er!) I have wondofos and digi CBE. The digi CBE just confirmed preggo for me, but I know you're prob looking to see the line strength on an FRER.

I hate the beginning. You can't tell anyone except your anonymous online friends and your doctor. I cried yesterday when I made my OB appt and the receptionist said COngrats -- how's that for preg hormones?! Well, I'm gonna hang around these parts for a bit if you ladies dont mind...still nervous...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Megumic - Sending you tons and tons of sticky vibes!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Meg- I'm excited about the plan. I think I'll know when I'm Oing but as long as I don't actually tell DH then it's technically NTNP, right? I think he's excited about it...last night he was saying how it's time to make another little B. Ha. I told him he would probably want to wait a few days since AF is still here.

Question for everyone- I am pretty sure I have a cyst. I've had what feels like O pains since mid-LP. It's a sharp, burning pain that starts right where my ovary would be and occasionally sort of radiates down to my upper leg (and definitely not a UTI). I know ovarian cysts are common and I'm not sure if it's something that needs to be checked out. Any thoughts?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1382725459|3544581 said:
Meg- I'm excited about the plan. I think I'll know when I'm Oing but as long as I don't actually tell DH then it's technically NTNP, right? I think he's excited about it...last night he was saying how it's time to make another little B. Ha. I told him he would probably want to wait a few days since AF is still here.

Question for everyone- I am pretty sure I have a cyst. I've had what feels like O pains since mid-LP. It's a sharp, burning pain that starts right where my ovary would be and occasionally sort of radiates down to my upper leg (and definitely not a UTI). I know ovarian cysts are common and I'm not sure if it's something that needs to be checked out. Any thoughts?

I would wait until AF finishes up this round- I thought most cysts resolved themselves over a cycle or two. But if it's still hanging around after she leaves I would call and ask the RN what she recommends. You are TTC and you are going on a trip so you don't want to just wait it out if it has lasted through a complete cycle, but you don't want to go in for nothing, either. To my mind this is exactly what calling and talking to an RN is for.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Meg!!! :appl: :appl: So happy for you! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!! Lots of sticky baby dust to you.

AMC: I second Avia- wait 'til the cycle ends, and if the pain is persistent, get it checked out.

AFM: Know what's cruel? Taking a FRER test and wiping after, only to notice blood tinged CM on the paper. :knockout: I'm out this cycle, it seems. Shortest LP EVAH. 8 days. Time to start temping!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Thanks gals. Normally I wouldn't really think about calling the doc, but since we are going to start TTC I don't want it to be an issue. If it is still there on Monday I will call. That will be CD8 so things should theoretically be pretty quiet in there.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

PPM, is it definitely AF or just spotting? Still pulling for you....

amc, hoping your cyst resolves itself, but good luck with the Dr. if need be.

I just couldn't wait and tested this morning (8 dpo) and got a BFN. I'm still going to test tomorrow, for DH's birthday, but I don't think I will have a birthday surprise for him. I do have some dull AF-like cramping going on now, and lots of CM. I keep thinking AF is here early, but when I check, it's just CM. I also had a huge temp dip yesterday, and it shot back up this morning. I'm trying not to read to much into that, though, because I've been operating on very little sleep lately due to work and school obligations, so my temps are a bit erratic. It could be a good sign, or it could just indicate that I need a better sleep schedule (i.e., I need to sleep. Like every night). So who knows? I guess I just have to keep testing and waiting, waiting and testing.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Still just light spotting (tan-tinged CM on paper) and cramping, but all signs point to impending AF. I bled with every pregnancy, though 2 of the 3 were not viable. Low progesterone, maybe?

Feeling bummed... Catching the first egg was super unlikely, but the timing would have been perfect for us. We are planning a cross country move and if I was preggo I would postpone the job search and be a temporary SAHM til babe #2 was a toddler. I don't feel like I can justify it with only one kiddo, though, but it will stink to find a new teaching position only to get pregnant my first year.

There's always next month.

Can we talk short LPs? I've always had em... What do you mamas know about B6 and progesterone cream??

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

How short, PnP? I think 10 days I considered the minimum for implantation. I don't know anything about the treatments, but I am eager to hear what everyone else has to say. I typically have an 11 day LP but sometimes spot as early as 9, so it's a concern of mine, too.

I think I got a positive OPK! Last time I used them I only tested once a day and didn't feel like I ever got a true positive, although my CM and temp shift confirmed it for me. So this month, since the midwife would like me to keep very good track, I decided to test twice a day. I started testing yesterday in response to unexpectedly heavy CM- it's way early for me at CD16 to have watery CM at all, and it's been significant (TMI, sorry!). I barely even got a line at all yesterday evening, but it was darker this morning and even darker again tonight! I will keep testing tomorrow, too, and I am tracking temps so we will see.

What do you think, positive? Last night, this morning, and tonight left to right:
image_767.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
That's positive!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1382842193|3545380 said:
That's positive!!

It is!! How'd they look this morning?!

AFM: AF is here full-force. At least we get another month of trying :bigsmile: :naughty: :naughty:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Definitely positive on the OPKs!

I'm at 10 dpo and getting clear BFNs all around. I know it's still early but I can't see it happening this month. Pretty discouraged today. I know the odds of getting pregnant on the first try aren't great even in perfect conditions, but I was hoping. Oh, well.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1382889840|3545596 said:
amc80|1382842193|3545380 said:
That's positive!!

It is!! How'd they look this morning?!

AFM: AF is here full-force. At least we get another month of trying :bigsmile: :naughty: :naughty:

Well, I totally forgot to take one when I woke up this morning, so I snuck one in this afternoon at work- definitively negative. Of course, I didn't necessarily wait long enough in between pee breaks to get a concentrated sample, so I will hold it for longer and test again tonight, just to be sure, haha. I do still have fertile CM and temp hasn't shifted yet, so more BDing for us; this is my husband's favorite time of the month! :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
aviastar said:
Well, I totally forgot to take one when I woke up this morning, so I snuck one in this afternoon at work- definitively negative. Of course, I didn't necessarily wait long enough in between pee breaks to get a concentrated sample, so I will hold it for longer and test again tonight, just to be sure, haha. I do still have fertile CM and temp hasn't shifted yet, so more BDing for us; this is my husband's favorite time of the month! :lol:

I can never ever get a + any time except for FMU. Sounds like it hasn't popped yet, so have some fun!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Sorry about AF PPM!

blacksand, 10DPO is still early. I really understand how easy it is to get discouraged though, I hope you feel better today.

8DPO here. Not testing before Wednesday. Anyone else still in the TWW?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

I hope to be joining you in the TWW any day now, anchor!

Got a positive OPK last night, too and was anticipating a temp shift this morning, but no dice. Instead I got this OPK: the darkest I've ever had!

image_773.jpg

This feels hopeful, like maybe it's a nice strong eggie!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, Meg!!!! It's amazing that you knew all along!!! So happy for you!! :appl:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Wow aviastar, that is super dark! Good luck!

Tests are still super negative today, and I'm feeling incredibly PMS-y. I think AF is on her way, and I think she's going to be really mean to me this month. I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. Good luck to my fellow TWWers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results