shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Wootwoot! Not that it means I'll be O-ing, necessarily, but that + oodles of water CM make me feel positive. I'll use my saliva microscope tomorrow AM to see what that says.

AMC, I'm with FF that you likely O'd on the 19th. The second temp spike is higher than the first, plus you had a second positive OPK. Which OPKs do you use? The ovulation pains suggest an earlier date, but I'm not willing to put my $$$ on ov. pains alone, just because it coooould potentially be a coincidence. I bet your body was just gearing up for ovulation on the 15th.

Blacksand: Sorry timing is less than ideal this month... but crazier things have happened! I hope your DH starts feeling better- BDing when trying to conceive sometimes feels a bit unusual (like, "We're not doing this just because it's fun...") and then the stress of doing it when you know that you, under normal circumstances, would abstain, might make for a less than stellar sack session... But maybe not! Hope your hubby is feeling up to at least one round of baby-making. When do you usually ovulate? CD 19 doesn't sound all that late to me, in the grand scheme of things. It's totally fine to feel "out" on any given cycle, but I'd say you still have decent odds, especially if you are able to DTD at least one more time over the next 24 hours.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

amc, I'm thinking the 19th as well. I know you weren't quite intending to join the TTC pool yet, but I think you just did! Hoping for the best, I know you'll be happy either way.

I usually O on CD 16 or 17, so this is late for me. I'm usually pretty regular, but Mother Nature decided to mess with me just as I started TTC. Another positive OPK today, but no temp spike, so it doesn't look like I Oed yet. Should be today (CD 20) hopefully. I'm going to really try to BD tonight despite some serious exhaustion I am facing (with a very long day still ahead), but I don't know if DH will be up for it. We'll see.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Amc, I think the 19th sounds about right. Last time I got a BFP at 9 DPO. Are you feeling anything? I swear I felt conception the whole day after we DTD, and then I've been noticing my peeing needs have increased and I have that full preggo feeling. I dunno, maybe I am making this stuff up, btu I keep telling DH, I hope you're erady b/c I'm 83.6% sure I'm preg.

My LMP was 9/29 and I O'ed (I think....?) on 10/12 or 10/13. Was thinking of testing on 10/21 or 10/22. Too early? It's been like a bajillion years since I POAS and I just ugh need to do it. LOL. Also, if I do get a BFP and this bean sticks (don't want my expectations too high....meh) I will have an EDD of July 6. July 4 is DH's bday so that would be really nice.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1381988714|3539331 said:
AMC, I'm with FF that you likely O'd on the 19th. The second temp spike is higher than the first, plus you had a second positive OPK. Which OPKs do you use? The ovulation pains suggest an earlier date, but I'm not willing to put my $$$ on ov. pains alone, just because it coooould potentially be a coincidence. I bet your body was just gearing up for ovulation on the 15th.

See, part of the problems is that it isn't unusual for me to get multiple days of OPKs. I wish I would have used one on CD18 to see if it was the same surge on CD19 or a new one. I used the Target brand this month. Now that I think about it, I'm leaning less and less towards CD15. I've never ovulated without getting a + opk at least the day before my temp spike, and since my first + wasn't until after the temp spike I think CD15 is unlikely.

blacksand said:
amc, I'm thinking the 19th as well. I know you weren't quite intending to join the TTC pool yet, but I think you just did! Hoping for the best, I know you'll be happy either way.

Thanks :) Yeah, it's a couple of months early but obviously I'm fine with it either way!

megumic said:
Amc, I think the 19th sounds about right. Last time I got a BFP at 9 DPO. Are you feeling anything? I swear I felt conception the whole day after we DTD, and then I've been noticing my peeing needs have increased and I have that full preggo feeling. I dunno, maybe I am making this stuff up, btu I keep telling DH, I hope you're erady b/c I'm 83.6% sure I'm preg.

Nope, nothing at all. Last time I started getting symptoms at 8DPO (heartburn and darkened areolas and crazy veins) and also got my BFP at 9DPO.

megumic said:
My LMP was 9/29 and I O'ed (I think....?) on 10/12 or 10/13. Was thinking of testing on 10/21 or 10/22. Too early? It's been like a bajillion years since I POAS and I just ugh need to do it. LOL. Also, if I do get a BFP and this bean sticks (don't want my expectations too high....meh) I will have an EDD of July 6. July 4 is DH's bday so that would be really nice.

I think those test dates sound fine...but I'm a total POAS enabler :) Oh, and my EDD would be July 4th, which is pretty cool. What was your EDD with #1?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

I got the smiley face! I ran to DH at 6:10 this morning to show him and he said, "Does that mean we need a re-do of yesterday?" Yep! Early AM quickies, two days in a row. I think he forgot how fun TTC can be!

I swear PS magic is what prompted ovulation. I posted on here two days ago lamenting my MIA fertility, and LO and behold, a major LH surge happens within 48 hours.

So hopefully within two week's time I'll have a positive HPT or nasty AF. Worst case is that neither occurs, meaning my body didn't actually ovulate.

Since we're talking EDDs, if I do get pg this cycle, the due date would be 10 days earlier than Eloise's... But she was 17 days late, so they likely won't share a birth month.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Nice!! Glad you are still having some fun in this process :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

PnPsMom, congrats on your first O in what? 2 years? Lots of luck this month!!

amc, I am a POAS-addict and I don't get discouraged by BFNs, so I was an early tester. I started at 7dpo with #1 and 6dpo with #2 (BFP at 8dpo both times). So if I were you, I'd test early. The thing is, I would use cheapies 3x per day and I know you're a FRER girl, so maybe just test using FMU so you're not spending a ton of money on tests?

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Dumb question. If I O'ed on Saturday, I count Sunday as 1 DPO, Monday as 2 DPO, or does O day count as day 1? I mean, honestly, I'm prob not preg and who knows WHAT day a BFP would show, but now I'm eager to start peeing on things!!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1382034976|3539635 said:
Dumb question. If I O'ed on Saturday, I count Sunday as 1 DPO, Monday as 2 DPO, or does O day count as day 1? I mean, honestly, I'm prob not preg and who knows WHAT day a BFP would show, but now I'm eager to start peeing on things!!!!

O day is day zero.

NewEnglandLady said:
amc, I am a POAS-addict and I don't get discouraged by BFNs, so I was an early tester. I started at 7dpo with #1 and 6dpo with #2 (BFP at 8dpo both times). So if I were you, I'd test early. The thing is, I would use cheapies 3x per day and I know you're a FRER girl, so maybe just test using FMU so you're not spending a ton of money on tests?

Yeah I usually just use FMU. I hate cheapies because I've seen way too many issues with them as far as indents, evaps, etc. I'd rather pay a little more and know for sure.

OKAY ladies, this is very very strange. I'm sitting here and have what feels exactly like O pains. I've never had any sort of implantation pain/bleeding etc....could this be it? I know, it could be random and completely unrelated. What a weird cycle.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Duh. I just realized that's why it's called days POST ovulation. Omgosh I'm so silly. Possible preggo brain already? (Yes, it's real.) Sheesh. If I am preg, then it's a girl. Okay, enough not doing work and trolling PS for today. LOL.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1382035901|3539641 said:
Duh. I just realized that's why it's called days POST ovulation. Omgosh I'm so silly. Possible preggo brain already? (Yes, it's real.) Sheesh. If I am preg, then it's a girl. Okay, enough not doing work and trolling PS for today. LOL.

I still have baby brain left over from my last pregnancy. I don't think my brain will ever run at 100% again.

Meg, talk to me about the twinges you've been having. Can you describe them? I'm having something going on.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1382046714|3539686 said:
megumic|1382035901|3539641 said:

I still have baby brain left over from my last pregnancy. I don't think my brain will ever run at 100% again.

Meg, talk to me about the twinges you've been having. Can you describe them? I'm having something going on.

Since DTD Saturday night, I've felt my uterus contract, little tweaks and twinges in my uterus, waking up and having the urgent preggo pee feeling only to just pee a little, feeling generally off, very emotional and moody, and def breast tugs almost like tenderness. Edited to add back pains and major irritation after shaving my legs. I googled the last one and turns out the hormones make your skin sensitive and I'm not alone in this one (if I am preg...) I may have made all of this up, but I just feel like you kinda know. But until I know for sure know, I shall have wine every night. Lol.

Anybody else besides me and Amc in the potential tww? Anyone else feeling anything that might be poss preggo symptoms!?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

I feel like it's really unlikely that I conceived this cycle. But I swear I felt nauseous today. I feel twinges right now. I am super bloated and very emotional. And it's almost certainly all in my head. But let the tww begin. I'll find out soon enough.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I just bought some more FRERs. They were completely out at walmart which was odd. I ended up going to CVS where they were $13.99 for a two pack. I had the website coupon for $2 off plus there's a $1 off coupon on the package...plus $2 in extra reward bucks right now. So $5 off total, not bad.

Anyway, my husband was really funny. I told him I needed to buy tests and he said "make sure you get the ones you can use really early." Umm yeah I know which ones to buy haha. He wants me to test tomorrow and I am very tempted, but I will regret not waiting and have some wine over the weekend.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1382072054|3539940 said:
I just bought some more FRERs. They were completely out at walmart which was odd. I ended up going to CVS where they were $13.99 for a two pack. I had the website coupon for $2 off plus there's a $1 off coupon on the package...plus $2 in extra reward bucks right now. So $5 off total, not bad.

Anyway, my husband was really funny. I told him I needed to buy tests and he said "make sure you get the ones you can use really early." Umm yeah I know which ones to buy haha. He wants me to test tomorrow and I am very tempted, but I will regret not waiting and have some wine over the weekend.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. DH just said..."um should you be drinking that???" HEY EFF OFF MISTER, YOU don't have to ABSTAIN from drinking for TEN WHOLE FREAKIN MONTHS!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I caved. Only 8 dpo (maybe 10, but probably 8 ). On, and this was night pee. So basically it means nothing. Ha. Oh and I'm still having pain in the general are of my right ovary. Cyst?

image-667046359.jpg

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

I caved today too at 8DPO. BFN, but also was not FMU since we were OOT and I didn't have a stick to pee on until I got home. Will try again tomorrow I suppose...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I'm at 10 DPO I THINK and with us just winging it "what will be will be". Not a lot going on, really tired this weekend and on Friday, but SO's uncle died Wed so we've had a pretty crazy week. I DID have a very very small bit of tinge when I wiped this afternoon, but I'm trying not to put too much into that. Other than that, nothing much going on over here. I'm glad to see ladies O'ing!!! I feel like I"m seeing babies EVERYWHERE, or preggos! My friend is about to have twins, another is preggo with her first, a girl I went to school with from elementary through high school just had her first son, and my other friend's two boys have me stuck to the computer screen most days. :nono: Off to get ready for our trip south tomorrow for the funeral, not a trip we are excited about. Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Looking forward to all your test results in the coming days! You ladies have me in suspense over here, can't wait to find out!

dragonfly, I'm so sorry for your loss. Traveling for a funeral is the worst kind of traveling. Hope you and your SO are okay. Do you think you'll be testing soon? Maybe when you get back from your trip?

I am really trying not to symptom spot, especially since I am only at 3 dpo (way too early to feel anything), we only BDed 3 days before ovulation, and it's only our first cycle TTC. So I feel like the chances of my being pregnant are really slim. But I keep...feeling things. Odd sensations I've never had before. Trying to keep my expectations low, but it's not easy. DH's birthday is on Saturday. I think I will test then. At 9 dpo, I'm not really expecting a result, but it sure would be a nice birthday surprise.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

AMC & Meg- Yeah, BFN doesn't mean much at this point in time. Let us know what you do in the coming days. Hoping for the best. Meg, how are your symptoms???

BlackSand: Let me know when you're testing! I'm trying to decide when to, as well. I have about 10 Wondfo cheapies and actually had to hide them in the tippy top and back of my closet so I'd resist the urge to test daily (too big of a hassle to pull out a step-stool to reach 'em!). I think I might first test on Friday or Saturday. I know 8 DPO is way, way too early.

Or maybe I should hold off for 10-14 days to see if AF actually shows. Now there's an odd idea ;)) And a highly unlikely one, at that.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant and I actually O'd on cd15 like I originally thought. My temp dropped way down today and based on that O date AF will be here tomorrow. We shall see!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Waiting to see what your test results are ladies :)

I got a very faint positive on a cheapie OPK yesterday AM. Got a BD session in. Forgot to test this morning, so I guess I'll test when I get home. Not sure how much more sessions I can swing since DH is not feeling very well. Booo, suck it up man. LOL

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock

Good luck, everyone!

I am puzzled today b/c I swear I have mittelschmerz ... but I'm at CD20. Temp is high but it was higher 3 days ago. Weird. :confused:

But my right side is totally ouchy.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

shertz1981|1382371226|3541689 said:
Good luck, everyone!

I am puzzled today b/c I swear I have mittelschmerz ... but I'm at CD20. Temp is high but it was higher 3 days ago. Weird. :confused:

Why is CD20 weird? Maybe you're ovulating late this cycle? I never ovulated before CD22 with any of my cycles.

I still pop in here to see how everyone is! I hope to see more BFP's soon!!! Good luck girls!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock

Missy0483|1382375637|3541733 said:
shertz1981|1382371226|3541689 said:
Good luck, everyone!

Why is CD20 weird? Maybe you're ovulating late this cycle? I never ovulated before CD22 with any of my cycles.

I still pop in here to see how everyone is! I hope to see more BFP's soon!!! Good luck girls!

Weird b/c I was sure I had O'ed four days ago ... shows how well I know my body, right?

It's bad this month, though -- way worse than last month when I had it on the other side. I'm still in my pajamas at 3 p.m. because I'm in too much pain to go put my clothes on. Luckily I work from home!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Good luck to the ladies testing soon!

Saturday evening's positive OPK and this morning's temp shift indicate that ovulation occurred yesterday. I might convince DH to another quickie tonight (like he needs convincing :naughty: ), but otherwise, 2ww time for me... :knockout: I hate waiting.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Well, the weirdest cycle ever is officially over. After all of the confusion about when I ovulated, it turns out I O'd when I originally thought and there was zero possibility I was pregnant. And, to cap it off, AF came a day early which meant my LP was 13 days instead of 14, which is very odd for me.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

So, blacksand, PPM, anchor31, almost for LC and shertz are all TWW?? AMC are you sure you're out...??? I'm not sure what's going on over here. I've been slightly averse to drinking alcohol, which is odd for me, but everything else I was feeling last week has peetered out, so I have no clue. But I was crying and hyper emotional over everything this past weekend, so that makes me think I am a hormonal preggo mess. But I just don't know. BFN with FMU today.

Missy, thanks for poppin in!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry to hear about AF, AMC. Even though it was a smidge earlier than you intended to jump into the TTC pool, it still stinks. Enjoy some wine, mama. Any thoughts about why your LP was shorter this time? Stress?

Lots of us in the TWW! Hopefully someone will have some positive news this week! Tell me your testing days, ladies!

I tested tonight. Stupid! I'm 4dpo... what exactly did I expect to see? I will hold off again until Sunday. If I did in fact ovulate (and it wasn't just a random pre PPAF LH surge) it's possible that my LP will be ultra short. Pre-Eloise I had LPs averaging 9 days. The first PPAF is generally preceded and followed by a short LP... shorter than 9 days? Time will tell. I'm expecting AF any time between Saturday and Friday.

Talk to me about post-ov CM. What is yours like? Is there any link between CM and pregnancy?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results