carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

ello|1381766605|3537522 said:
Hi guys, thanks for your kind words. I tested with the Internet Cheapie and there was the faintest line. Lighter than the day before which is what prompted me to use a Digi-NOT PREG. I just had bright red spotting, so I think it's officially over. AF! Funny thing is that I picked up 4pounds in one day, then had UTI symptoms and peed all day yesterday and I'm 4 pounds down again this morning. My UTI symptoms are gone now.
So basically my body got ready for the baby but then decided, nope! What a cruel joke! I was so excited!!! We were so excited at Thanksgiving yesterday keeping a secret from the family. To make matters worse it is our anniversary today! I'll just have find a way to pick up my head again and try again next cycle.

Big breath! I'll be back in a couple of days. I just need to regroup. Good luck and don't give up girls!

:( Hugs! I had a CP the first month we started trying. It was so hard to see those lines and the "pregnant" on the digi, just to have it all go away a few days later. But I got pregnant with DS the following month, so there is hope.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Oh ello, I'm so sorry. Have a wonderful anniversary and don't lose hope. Hope it will happen very soon for you.

ello

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the encouraging words amc80 and everyone else, thx for your support. So happy to find it here as it's not something I can share with anyone else other than my husband and the poor guy's head is spinning by now. From OPK's to BD to Positives & negatives. I don't know if the poor guy will ever trust the Sticks again.

I busted open the two Digitals for anyone that is interested...

The left two sticks were in Digi #1 that was Positive Saturday morning and then Digi #2, to the right was negative today, Monday morning.

_10904.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

ello|1381774708|3537593 said:
Thanks for the encouraging words amc80 and everyone else, thx for your support. So happy to find it here as it's not something I can share with anyone else other than my husband and the poor guy's head is spinning by now. From OPK's to BD to Positives & negatives. I don't know if the poor guy will ever trust the Sticks again.

I busted open the two Digitals for anyone that is interested...

The left two sticks were in Digi #1 that was Positive Saturday morning and then Digi #2, to the right was negative today, Monday morning.

Don't read into the test strips of digital tests. They aren't meant to be read like normal tests. My best advice is to get a few FRERs and test every morning for a couple of mornings. If the tests get lighter then it probably is a CP, unfortunately. Or, if you can call your doc and get a blood test that is even better. Hope you're hanging in there.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Ello, sorry to hear, but AMC has a good plan. Hugs my dear. And your DH's head is probably spinning but he probably recognizes that you're going through the same. And wiht him being so excited @ Thanksgiving, i'm sure he'd be even more raring to go once you guys are back in the saddle.

AMC, wow, TWW! Fingers crossed for you, hun!

Shertz, welcome to the thread, hope your stay is short.

AFM, nothing new. Still waiting to O. I'm thinking next week, so I'll likely start OPKs Tues or Weds next week. Also, Ethan *loves* my thermometer so I always have to hide it from him. This of course makes me have to FIND it when I wake up in the morning...

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock

image_707.jpg

Do you guys see it too or am I going crazy trying to find something that isn't there? :shock:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

Not crazy, that's a line!!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Totally a line! Congrats!

LC- B loves my thermometer too! What a weirdo :)

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock

Thank you! I was hoping I wasn't going nuts. I pretty much shoved the pee stick in front of hubby's face as soon as I saw him, but he couldn't see anything (so that didn't help). Then I showed him the picture...still nothing. I had to go and edit the thing with some super crazy filter for him to finally see it. I'm going to test again tomorrow to see if the line gets any darker though.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

I definitely see a line! Congrats!

Ok, I have a total TMI question. Apologies in advance. So...I have been checking my CM and there hasn't been much. I guess maybe you could call it watery, but there really isn't much, I can't get a good sample. This has never been a problem for me before, and previous cycles have been pretty by the book as far as CM changes. Then I went to the bathroom about an hour ago, and I saw a large wad of EWCM on the tissue (I know, I'm sorry, way TMI). This was textbook EWCM. This was really encouraging, but...I can't find any more. As in, I can't produce any more EWCM (or much of any CM at all) upon self-examination. I've never really experienced this before. Has this happened to anyone else? For the record, I should be Oing soon according to my normal pattern, but I had an unusually irregular cycle last month, so I may be a little off now. OPKs are negative, but I feel a little tenderness in my breasts and abdomen today. Hoping this means I will O soon. That one irregular cycle (of course it would be the one right before we officially start TTC) is really throwing me off.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Blacksand- I have no idea! That's really odd. I do know there are definitely months where I have more EWCM than others, but never just all at once how you are describing. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Ello, sorry to hear this might not be a sticky bean, but don't lose hope just yet. Wait til you know for sure. Also, just to add in along with AMC, I was preg, mc'ed at 8 weeks, and then got preg right away the next cycle. Those hormones do tricky things for reasons we cannot understand, but don't lose hope!

blacksand, I wanted to say that I never have EWCM. Mine is always more watery and thin. The one time I thought it was EW-ish, was when I stuck my fingers up there and yanked it out and it was more, globbish (?). So I think everyone's CM is diff and EW is not the same for everyone. LOL. Sorry for being gross.

Lisamarie, Congrats! THAT IS A LINE!!! WOOOOOO!

Amc, if we both get preg about the same time again I will think the universe wants us to be connected or something. LOL. It's too coincidental to not have meant to be.

Hokay, so. For all who ahve been preg before...on your 2nd preg, after DTD around O but before you could pee on a stick, did you feel lots of twinges and mini pinches and maybe some bloating??? I'm like 83.2% sure we conceived on saturday night and have been feeling lots of little prickles in the uterus region. It sounds nutty, but I swear that I can tell I am preg already. I don't remember feeling ONE THING the first two times, but wanted to ask what other mamas have felt on their second go around.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks amc and megumic! Good to know it can vary so much. I guess it's just frustrating because everything has always been so regular and predicatable for me. But now that we are actively TTC, my body just does not want to cooperate. It's suddenly doing all kinds of weird things it never did before. At this point, I think we are just doing the "BD and pray" method, because I have no idea what's happening.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock

blacksand, I had that exact "TMI" thing happen to me the month I came off of the pill with my CM. I think it was because I was dehydrated and played soccer for two hours straight the night it happened...? After I was done playing soccer I went home and got in the shower and...bam...big disgusting glob, but not much EWCM. I think I wrote about it on this thread when it happened to me a few pages back in June. Don't worry. I don't think anything is TMI for this thread :lol: Anyway, DH and I were not TTC that month, but I was tracking and it coincided with my O time so it was either related to that or a coincidence, but since I got KO the next month I didn't have much experience with it aside from that one month, so I'm sorry to tell you I have no explanation either!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks gem_anemone! Well, I don't think I was dehydrated, and I definitely didn't play soccer for two hours yesterday, but who knows? I am hoping it means O time is near. In a normal (for me) cycle, it should have been yesterday or today. I had a temp drop this morning, so I am hoping it is an ovulation dip. Will take an OPK a little later. I am discouraged, because I usually see my OPKs getting darker and darker leading up to a positive at this time in my cycle. As of yesterday, I had only the faintest line, so it doesn't seem likely I will get a positive today. But we will see, I guess.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Blacksand - You aren't alone! I had the same thing happen this month, hardly ANYTHING, and I was watching, just to see and learn more about how my body is working. It was so hard to figure it out b/c I didn't have much of anything going on.

Nothing interesting here, but woohoo for that line up above! Sending everyone sticky vibes!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock

Megumic- I'm currently preggo with # 2, but I wanted to chime in after reading your post. The month I got pregnant I had those same exact twinges/feelings you were describing and just had an overall positive feeling, despite not knowing when I O'd. Good luck and I hope this is it for you!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

PetitePoire|1381864024|3538178 said:
Megumic- I'm currently preggo with # 2, but I wanted to chime in after reading your post. The month I got pregnant I had those same exact twinges/feelings you were describing and just had an overall positive feeling, despite not knowing when I O'd. Good luck and I hope this is it for you!

Thanks PP. I'm cautiously optimistic. DH and I were aiming for like Dec to start TTC, but I threw two months on the front end and two on the back end to give us a 6 month window to lower expectations, etc. since you just don't know how long it might take. I'd be okay if it took longer and maybe might prefer that, but I also will be so grateful for any pregnancy. Glad to know I'm not making up twinges and feelings!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Meg, with #1 and #2 I had cramps and heartburn starting at 3 dpo. Both times I told DH that I was pregnant because those are unusual post-O symptoms for me. I wasn't really a believer in early symptoms, but at this point I do think my body has a reaction to the hormones. I think the pinching and stretching sounds promising, but also know how much more aware we are when we are TTC.

Lots of luck to you--I was in the same boat with the trepidation about getting pregnant the first month of trying, but grateful for it happening quickly.

Thinking of all you ladies! Ello, I'm so sorry to hear about the fading line. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Lisamarie, congrats to you!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Hi, ladies! So exciting to see familiar "faces" from my first round of TTC, and also great to see newer and first-time TTCers on here!

Ello- thinking of you and hoping for the best!

Meg- Fingers crossed- I don't think it's out of the question to experience early symptoms. Never hurts to be cautiously optimistic!

Lisa- That is a LINE!

Blacksand- I have confusing CM too... But they say any fertile-type CM should be interpreted to mean that you may be fertile. Even if it's just a little bit! (And by 'they' I mean TCOYF)

Hello! I am TTC #2 without any sign of AF or ovulation. Boo. Still nursing my 14 month old and feeling discouraged by lack of fertility, but oh well. Not much I can do but hope and pray she shows up soon so we can REALLY get this show on the road. But with all the unprotected sex we're having, I'm hoping to maaaybe catch the first egg. Ellie has cut way down on how much she breastfeeds, and I no longer pump. This has led to almost constant EWCM, but still no signs of ovulation. A few positive-but-not-ovulating OPKs, but no eggie release. Hoping it means that ovulation is bound to happen within the next few months!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

I had a boatload of EWCM yesterday and these today... Are they positive? Almost positive??

_10988.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1381960878|3539048 said:
I had a boatload of EWCM yesterday and these today... Are they positive? Almost positive??

That bottom one is like 99.9% positive. Not quite but probably as close as you can get to positive without genuinely being positive.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1381798996|3537800 said:
Amc, if we both get preg about the same time again I will think the universe wants us to be connected or something. LOL. It's too coincidental to not have meant to be.

I agree! I can't remember where you live...I'm in Nevada...For some reason I was thinking Chicago but I could be confusing you with someone else. Anyway, yes, we are destined to be connected. When are you going to test?

So, ladies, I am taking a poll. I have three possible O dates- CD15, CD17, and CD19. We BD'd on CD18, so theoretically I could be pregnant if I o'd on either CD17 or 19. If I O'd on CD15 then there's no way. I am currently either 5DPO (which is how FF has it), 7DPO, or 9DPO. If AF doesn't come in 5 days then I know I didn't O on CD15. On that day I will be 10DPO based on my latest O date. With DS, I got a non-squinter positive at 10DPO. So, when should I test? Should I be good and wait until AF doesn't show in 5 days, meaning I O'd later? Should I release my inner POAS-addict and start at something ridiculous, like 8dpo? WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I only use FRER, if that impacts your opinion.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

If you're a FRER devotee, the earliest is test would be CD 27... 10 dpo, or worst case, 8. Or to be safe, wait til CD 29.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1381966132|3539096 said:
If you're a FRER devotee, the earliest is test would be CD 27... 10 dpo, or worst case, 8. Or to be safe, wait til CD 29.

I was leaning towards CD28. This sounds awful, but we are (hopefully) going to SF to visit my BFF this weekend and I want to have a glass of wine on Friday and/or Saturday night. I always have a glass of wine the night before testing in case it is positive the next morning!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Actually CD 28 would be a great idea, not only for the non-silly, totally legit reason of enjoying some wine (really!!! I'd do the same!!!) but because FRER show positives up to 6 days before missed AF, or 5 days before AF is due... So your bases are covered (and if you O'd on CD 19, perhaps you'd get a liiight positive if you were indeed pregnant?)

What signs/symptoms suggest potential O days on the 15th, 17th and 19th, and why is FF going with 15th?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom said:
Actually CD 28 would be a great idea, not only for the non-silly, totally legit reason of enjoying some wine (really!!! I'd do the same!!!) but because FRER show positives up to 6 days before missed AF, or 5 days before AF is due... So your bases are covered (and if you O'd on CD 19, perhaps you'd get a liiight positive if you were indeed pregnant?) What signs/symptoms suggest potential O days on the 15th, 17th and 19th, and why is FF going with 15th?

I had O pains on cd 15 (at night) and the again (really strong) on cd 16. Cd 16 was my first + opk and the same day as my first temp spike. I figured I had O'd and even had three days of high temps and crosshairs on cd15. Then, on cd 19 my temp plummeted and I got another +opk. Temp spoked again on cd 20, and a few days later ff moved my crosshairs to cd19.

Here is my chart- what do you think?

image-1668830184.jpg

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Agreed that the bottom OPK is 99% positive. Honestly, I don't think I've ever caught my surge exactly, mine don't usually get much darker than that. And I think we may be twins, because I got the same result today! Ugh, finally an almost-positive OPK. I am ovulating so late this cycle! CD 19 here. I don't know what's up, but at this point, I'm glad I seem to be ovulating at all. So it's good news, I guess. The bad news is that DH is super sick and BD is just not happening. So I don't think our chances are that great this month. We BDed on CD 17, so if I O like immediately we might still be good. If DH is feeling better tomorrow, we can try again then, but I'm not convinced that's going to happen. He is really not feeling well. So I guess we just have to wait and see. I'm not feeling too great about this cycle. Late O, sick husband, universe just generally not cooperating. But I guess it is what it is.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

On phone- will reply more later- but fly by self centered pee stick post for now (sorry!!) Does the test line look even darker or am I craycray? I have some digis that aren't giving me smiles, but I also don't use them regularly and I think you have to for them to be accurate??

Side note: I am addicted to peeing on sticks. No- really.

_11000.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom said:
On phone- will reply more later- but fly by self centered pee stick post for now (sorry!!) Does the test line look even darker or am I craycray? I have some digis that aren't giving me smiles, but I also don't use them regularly and I think you have to for them to be accurate?? Side note: I am addicted to peeing on sticks. No- really.

That's positive!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results