shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic said:
So, blacksand, PPM, anchor31, almost for LC and shertz are all TWW?? AMC are you sure you're out...??? I'm not sure what's going on over here. I've been slightly averse to drinking alcohol, which is odd for me, but everything else I was feeling last week has peetered out, so I have no clue. But I was crying and hyper emotional over everything this past weekend, so that makes me think I am a hormonal preggo mess. But I just don't know. BFN with FMU today. Missy, thanks for poppin in!!!

Yep! AF came today. Cramps and all. I'm excited to see what the next few days being for you!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

amc, sorry about AF. I guess we were all wrong about your O day! Hope you are enjoying some wine, and now you can stick to your original timeline. I know it's always a disappointment, though.

PPM, I'll start testing on Saturday. It's early, but it's DH's birthday, so it would be awesome to know by then (it's a long shot, but why not try?). I am also 4 dpo and seriously fighting the urge to test now. I just want to know! But there's nothing to know yet, not at this point in the game.

So yesterday I was convinced I was pregnant, and today I'm convinced I'm not. I was so bloated and crampy for 3 days post O, but that disappeared today, so I don't think it meant anything. Although I am very tired and very hungry today, I think I am just being fat and lazy, lol. I've been reading up on the statistics, and it just seems really unlikely that it would happen this quickly for us, especially with our timing. It's possible, but I just don't think I'm that lucky. Oh, well. I guess we'll soon find out. AF is expected on Halloween, so if she comes, at least I can make corny jokes about how a witch visited me on Halloween, right?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom said:
Sorry to hear about AF, AMC. Even though it was a smidge earlier than you intended to jump into the TTC pool, it still stinks. Enjoy some wine, mama. Any thoughts about why your LP was shorter this time? Stress? Lots of us in the TWW! Hopefully someone will have some positive news this week! Tell me your testing days, ladies! I tested tonight. Stupid! I'm 4dpo... what exactly did I expect to see? I will hold off again until Sunday. If I did in fact ovulate (and it wasn't just a random pre PPAF LH surge) it's possible that my LP will be ultra short. Pre-Eloise I had LPs averaging 9 days. The first PPAF is generally preceded and followed by a short LP... shorter than 9 days? Time will tell. I'm expecting AF any time between Saturday and Friday. Talk to me about post-ov CM. What is yours like? Is there any link between CM and pregnancy?

No idea! The body is weird, what can I say. One time I had a 12 day LP which freaked me out.

When I was pregnant I had a lot of creamy/milky cm. Normally I have no cm on my LP.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1382407877|3542019 said:
Sorry to hear about AF, AMC. Even though it was a smidge earlier than you intended to jump into the TTC pool, it still stinks. Enjoy some wine, mama. Any thoughts about why your LP was shorter this time? Stress?

Lots of us in the TWW! Hopefully someone will have some positive news this week! Tell me your testing days, ladies!

I tested tonight. Stupid! I'm 4dpo... what exactly did I expect to see? I will hold off again until Sunday. If I did in fact ovulate (and it wasn't just a random pre PPAF LH surge) it's possible that my LP will be ultra short. Pre-Eloise I had LPs averaging 9 days. The first PPAF is generally preceded and followed by a short LP... shorter than 9 days? Time will tell. I'm expecting AF any time between Saturday and Friday.

Talk to me about post-ov CM. What is yours like? Is there any link between CM and pregnancy?

Ditto on the bold part -- I do things like this KNOWING it's scientifically impossible, but in the nigh event I'm a freak of nature and make hcg quicker than other women, darn it, I ought to know right now!

As to the underlined part -- I'm sending goodwill and non-peeing-on-a-stick power. LOL. I don't hvae any myself, so someone out there must!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Amc, sorry about AF. Well, at least this means you can have a few drinks on the cruise right?

Just took a test at what is either 10 or 11 DPO and it was totally negative. I'm still feeling slight symptoms, and feel sure that I'm preg, but w/o a BFP, I'm just not. I'm not sure how to feel about it exactly.

I just found this DPO chart, which is slightly encouraging and also reinforces the point that testing at any day before 10 DPO is just nutty! (yes, I am referring to myself....)

HPT accuracy by DPO:
10 dpo : 35%
11 dpo : 51%
12 dpo : 62%
13 dpo : 68%
14 dpo : 74%
15 dpo : 80%
16 dpo : 88%
17 dpo : 92%
18 dpo : 99%

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, glad you can enjoy your wine this month. Hm, AF kicking around in the middle of your cruise sucks! But not drinking would suck even more (for me), so if it were my choice, I would pass this cycle. Make sure your DH gets the memo too.

Meg, Blacksand, fingers crossed for you guys. Can you do anything else to distract you?

AFU, still no temp dip from O, and getting very faint lines on OPKs. So I don't think I'll have much luck O'ing soon. I leave for out of town this weekend, so I really want to get some BD sessions in before my trip. Anniversary is this Thursday, also the day before I leave. So probably as good as it gets in terms of scheduled trying.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

wow, so much activity and so many in the TWW right now! Wouldn't it be lovely to have just a big ol' batch of BFP's before the holidays?

I wouldn't skip a month if it were me, amc- but I feel that things happen when they are supposed to, so if I was supposed to be pregnant that month, not drinking would be a small sacrifice for accomplishing the long term goal.

Maybe travel will delay O, LC, and you will have a shot when you get home!

Fingers still crossed for you, Meg! I have a girlfriend who has always know she was KU days before a test would register; she was right 3 times!

I am the exact opposite, PnPM! I wait and wait because it's the only way to hold on to the hope. I'm always so sad after a BFN that i try to live in denial for as long as possible!

Good luck, Blacksand and Anchor!

Shertz, that is weird. The body fascinates and frustrates me in equal measure and often simultaneously!

AFM, I am hanging out at CD12 over here, not anticipating O for at least the another week; I seem to O sometime between CD19-24. I hope it will be on the early side this month as I finally am not travelling or planning large events or dealing with construction. I am working a lot but at least it's a set schedule and that's been such a huge relief.

I did speak with the midwives last week and they took the time to review my case and concerns; they are going to have me continue to track and use OPK's for the remainder of this cycle so I'll have 4 tracked cycles out of 7 TTC (assuming, of course, that this 7th cycle isn't successful for us) and then I have an appointment so go in for a conception consultation November 18th! I am really pleased; of course I hope I won't need the appointment, but it feels great to have in on the calendar in case I should need it. Which, if I am being completely honest, I think I will need it. We've had six cycles of excellently timed (and abundant- it's beginning to exhaust me a little :twirl: ) BDing and I'm afraid that I can't really expect a different result at this point. I'm trying for a zen approach; I do better with this some days than others. And as I tell myself every day- my husband is the delight of my life, my marriage strong, my business thriving- I have nothing to complain about, so I won't.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

aviastar|1382475343|3542506 said:
I wouldn't skip a month if it were me, amc- but I feel that things happen when they are supposed to, so if I was supposed to be pregnant that month, not drinking would be a small sacrifice for accomplishing the long term goal.

This is really interesting and really makes me think. See, the other side to this is we want to move out of state, and plan on doing so once I'm back from maternity leave for a bit. We are anxious to move and the sooner baby comes the sooner we can do so. And what if it doesn't happen as quickly as last time? I'd hate losing a month...I'm not getting younger.

There is one option that I hadn't thought of, but I'm not sure how much it would work. What if I don't temp, chart, OPK, etc. And don't pack any tests on the cruise. My cycles can be anywhere from 28 days to 35 days (35 is rare, but 32ish isn't really). The only problem would be EWCM and O pains...BUT this last month proved that I have O pains at random times.

Hmm, what do you think? The only downfall is I wouldn't know I was pregnant which would mean I'd have a few glasses of wine in the 12-16DPO range, so I'm not sure how I feel about that (even though I know there's not even a shared blood supply at that point).

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Amc, I can't find it now, but I remember reading something that something like alcohol doesn't affect a fetus until something like 21 DPO...if I remember correctly. But now I'm also reading that once the fertilized egg implants (10+ DPO), you share a blood supply...

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Just chiming in about the drinking. The weekend after I conceived (and of course I didn't realize) I went to a wedding and then a girls trip to Atlantic City, so I had a good bit more booze than I normally do. I found out I was pregnant at around 5 weeks along (2 weeks after that weekend) and there is nothing wrong with me or baby. So long as you're not boozing it up after you find out, I think you're ok :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone! We're back from our trip. The service was very lovely, with lots of wonderful stories to warm our hearts! I'm sorry for those of you who have had a disappointing month. I'm anxious to see the results of the 2ww that everyone else is on! I am pretty sure that today/tomorrow will count as CD1 for me. I have some brownish there which is pretty spot on with AF. It would make her 4 days early, so I'll have to pay a little more attention this cycle. That being said SO and I discussed what we'll do in terms of insurance, making sure we set aside enough to pay off debt, and little things we can cut out if the bfp does come soon, and he's much more on board with the idea of bfp being sooner rather than later at this point. I think it really hit him that it'd be nice for us to have friends who have babies/toddlers around the same age as at least one of ours.

If AF isn't coming on strong by tomorrow I'll be testing, but I imagine that won't be the case.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

I felt so sick yesterday. Major headache, cramping, nausea, dizziness, sore throat and just general good times. But from what I'm reading, it's too early for pregnancy symptoms, so I guess I'm just regular old sick. I'm going to be so mad at AF for making me this sick for nothing. Grrr. 6 dpo today. Took a test yesterday out of boredom/craziness. Negative, obviously. I really don't think it's going to happen this month, but I can't stop thinking about it. Luckily I'm crazy busy for the rest of the week, so I won't have much time to sit around and obsess.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock

I've got my fingers crossed for some BFP's! Good luck to everyone in the TWW!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Dragonfly have you held out on testing this whole time?? Where do you get the willpower?

Blacksand I hear you on the early testing. It's impossible NOT to test. Ugh. Tww is the WORST!

Posting from phone so this is a quickie.

I just realized that if I did O on oct 13, then I am just 10 dpo today. I'm an idiot for not knowing how to count. Still a bfn today so I'm starting to doubt, but I felt so pregnant last week so not sure what to believe. Meh. I expect AF sat or sun so we will see.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1382476651|3542518 said:

This is really interesting and really makes me think. See, the other side to this is we want to move out of state, and plan on doing so once I'm back from maternity leave for a bit. We are anxious to move and the sooner baby comes the sooner we can do so. And what if it doesn't happen as quickly as last time? I'd hate losing a month...I'm not getting younger.

There is one option that I hadn't thought of, but I'm not sure how much it would work. What if I don't temp, chart, OPK, etc. And don't pack any tests on the cruise. My cycles can be anywhere from 28 days to 35 days (35 is rare, but 32ish isn't really). The only problem would be EWCM and O pains...BUT this last month proved that I have O pains at random times.

Hmm, what do you think? The only downfall is I wouldn't know I was pregnant which would mean I'd have a few glasses of wine in the 12-16DPO range, so I'm not sure how I feel about that (even though I know there's not even a shared blood supply at that point).

If you could completely eschew all tracking efforts, I think this would be an awesome solution! I don't think you'd need to worry about a few drinks that early on. But, as you said, you already have a pretty good idea what's going on even without the tracking and testing apparatus. Would it drive you more crazy to have a vague idea or to know definitively and perhaps have to modify some drinking?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

aviastar|1382545822|3542944 said:
amc80|1382476651|3542518 said:

If you could completely eschew all tracking efforts, I think this would be an awesome solution! I don't think you'd need to worry about a few drinks that early on. But, as you said, you already have a pretty good idea what's going on even without the tracking and testing apparatus. Would it drive you more crazy to have a vague idea or to know definitively and perhaps have to modify some drinking?

Well, that's a fabulous question. See, I'm really not that big of a drinker. I could see myself having a glass of wine with dinner and maybe another cocktail at the after dinner show. BUT, since B will be with us, I have no idea if I'll even be going out after dinner. Maybe a night or two (if my mom watches him) but definitely not every night. I think the only reason I'd want to know when I ovulated is so when I get a blood test I would know how far along I was. I need to talk to DH and see what he says. I'm thinking maybe we will NTNP and see how that works. We've been so busy/tired/sick lately that there's not a lot of BD going on early, so if we aren't specifically trying it might not happen anyway.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1382533919|3542862 said:
Dragonfly have you held out on testing this whole time?? Where do you get the willpower?

Blacksand I hear you on the early testing. It's impossible NOT to test. Ugh. Tww is the WORST!

Posting from phone so this is a quickie.

I just realized that if I did O on oct 13, then I am just 10 dpo today. I'm an idiot for not knowing how to count. Still a bfn today so I'm starting to doubt, but I felt so pregnant last week so not sure what to believe. Meh. I expect AF sat or sun so we will see.

Megumic - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! No. I tested at 9 dpo, but we all know THAT was negative. I tested for a few reasons. I have been EXHAUSTED. I had had some weird sharp cramping a few nights before. I had felt a little ill that morning, but not nauseous, just...meh. Still pretty tired. No AF yet. We'll see what the afternoon and evening bring. It's not uncommon for me to have a little spotting a few days before AF, so I'm really thinking NOTHING of that the other day, and the exhaustion really is probably from everything we've had going on in the past month. Life caught up to me it seems.

I thought I'd mention something funny to you guys. SO's mom is HORRIBLE about being on time to places, and the funeral was no exception. First, a not so funny thing. She was not only late getting ready for the service, but I got stuck with her and her father and they made me 1.5 hours late to the reception. I got chewed out by SO and his aunt for not getting them in gear, which I clearly had no control over. SO and I had to run and get some extra drinks and when we did I got a tad snippy with him over something random, and when he snapped back I just lost it. Completely started bawling in the car, told him I was TIRED and that I was so DONE with the day, I was so MAD b/c I got yelled at b/c of his mom and her dad wanting to sit around and jabber instead of getting to where they were supposed to be. He apologized, and asked if I explained to his aunt what had happened, which I had. Anyways, so clearly I was upset about this. I had texted my mom about it b/c I was so frustrated, and she sent a text back that said, "I will be the babysitting grandmother." LOLOLOL I seriously almost spit my water all over the car when I started laughing. Totally made my afternoon better.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

I feel like the inability to resist peeing on HPTs should be classified as a mental illness.

I spent a disgusting amount of money on tests (HPTs and OPKs) over the past 10 or so months, when we were having unprotected sex but I wasn't cycling. Like... The CBE OPK kits are $50 a pop, and FRER's usually run $15 a box. Then my Wondfo orders of $30 each. I purchased multiples of each :knockout:

Tested with a Wondfo again today. So much for waiting 'til Sunday. BFN... surprise, surprise. I hid the HPTs in my closet but pulled out the step-stool to dig 'em out of the top closet shelf. No. Self. Control. And when 14 DPO arrives and I start bleeding, I will be so angry with myself for wasting the last of my HPTs and will begrudgingly order a new bunch off Amazon. And then I will repeat this process.

I was thinking of asking DH to hide them. But who am I kidding? I'll just stop at the DollarTree on my way home from work and purchase a $1.00 test. Every day. My name is Pils, and I am a mom, wife, and grown, working woman... but I cannot stop peeing on sticks.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Not your fault! I blame AF. NO ONE INVITED HER.

I don't really care for peeing on sticks per se, I just want answers and I want them now! You'd think medical science would have come up with a better way of testing for early pregnancy by now. Come on, science, get with it. Or maybe my body needs to speed up. Implant already! I ate pineapple yesterday and today because I read some fantastically unscientific nonsense about how pineapple helps with implantation, and I don't even believe it, but I did it anyway. And I really hate pineapple. I hate it so much. It is the one food I just find repulsive, and I'm generally an adventurous eater. On the off chance that I do turn out to be pregnant, I am writing that in my pregnancy journal, and I want my future little one to know just how much I loved him/her even before he/she lived in my uterus. I ate pineapple for you, kid. Officially making sacrifices for a kid who has probably not even been conceived yet. Remember this, future child, when you are picking out a nursing home for me one day.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Since we're all confessing around here today....

Total sticks peed on today: 2

Total BFNs: 2

Like there was a. Chance it would change. Pshhh. A waste of pee and a waste of preggo tests. I'm a wondofo girl but even went so far as to use a CBE today in the off chance my wondofos were a bad batch. Nuts I tell ya.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Group hug.

Thank you.

I needed that laugh today and to not feel so alone in my quest to pee and squint at HPTs until I develop 'line eyes' and consider posting my clearly-negative results on websites like www.CanYouSeeALine.com..

Blacksand: Bwahahaha

Meg: But... But... HGC increases. Continually. Thus, testing multiple times a day MAY yield different results.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

No sh!t...

:o :bigsmile: :appl:

img_0718.jpg

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations megumic!!! :bigsmile:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats megumic! You knew it all along!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Blacksand - You totally crack me up!

MEGUMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Ok so I'm going to ask this question on the off chance. It's pretty TMI, but this is unusual and AF still hasn't reared her ugly head, and my stupid HPT was defective. I had the spotting the other day, not unusual, and AF normally starts with a little brownish tinge, again, not unusual. What IS unusual is that this brownish has been there since the spotting. Normally it goes away and comes back when AF wants to start her torrential flow of doom. Instead I've just had a little brown since the spotting, sometimes a little.... gooey (totally TMI I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry :-o :-o :nono: :nono: ). Def NOT normal. That being said, if it's AF she's also early so my cycle could just be doing really stupid things as it shifts. But no normal AF stuff yet. NO bloating, no gas, no cramps, no other TMI stuff that I do not care to share. Just sitting here twiddling my thumbs and cussing AF out mentally while I wait. Anyone have anything like this happen before?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

CONGRATULATIONS MEGUMIC!!! LOADS AND LOADS ON STICKY DUST!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

dragonfly - It could be a good sign or nothing at all. When I got preggo with DS, I spotted heavily for several days and thought AF was going to show up, but then the spotting stopped and had a fair amount of creamy CM. I'm crossing my fingers for you... How many DPOs is it for you now?

How are my TWW buddies faring? 4DPO here, nothing to report...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Anchor - I would be 14DPO I believe at this point. I may be off by a day in either direction, possibly more if my cycle is indeed shifting. I don't temp. I'm not spending the money for a thermometer just yet, and didn't do OPK this time around because we were basically just seeing what happens. So here I am twiddling thumbs still.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results